Recommendations Something good with a female protagonist

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by ChiChidi, Oct 28, 2020.

1. ChiChidi

ChiChidi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am just so tired of all these shitty books where the MC is so insanely overpowered that there really is no suspension anymore, or she is just so damn weak she has to cling to the ML to save her every time.
    I just need a good story with a good female lead, preferably of the fantasy or action category...
    Haven't been able to find anything decent to read since Doomsday Wonderland...

PenelopeEckart_ likes this.
  2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Supreme soaring immortal
    Though the translator dropped it

ChiChidi likes this.
  3. InfinityMonkey

InfinityMonkey Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apotheosis of a Demon is a short but satisfying read.

Crossing to the Future is good too, although the MC is a bit on the stronger side.

4. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ChiChidi likes this.
  5. lady-kyo

lady-kyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ChiChidi likes this.
  6. Alundric

Alundric Member of Gentleman Alliance

Reading List:
    Link
    Chronicle of Barusak or know as the Balsac Chronicle.
    It a tragedy though.

ChiChidi likes this.
  7. khakha

khakha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - Stunning Edge

MC maybe very strong, but just like dragon ball after she defeat very strong oppenent other will appear that multiple stronger than FMC. And always last fight in every arc is intense and villain always little stronger than FMC or she always in desperate situation like they have army or multiple sub boss , but FMC always can defeat them. She also stronger than her lover

- Manowa

FMC is strong but not overpower, even her friend (queen) far stronger than her. She have party and fight always multiple fight with her party. In her party maybe she is strongest but not by far, second strongest in her party only little weaker than her. She not naive and even accept marriage proposal to get rid of some potential other marriage proposal than cant rejected (like from her queen friend, Playboy king). And her mental just like other when she face overpower oppenent she will ready to die anytime and just speak to them to stall the time for reinforcement arrive (she know she cant flee), not naively dash to oppenent stupudly. Her husband is area protector and cant join FMC journey but her son join her. What make FMC special is her golem knowledge, becouse ingame she is very good in this area (her friend queen is specialized in fire magic).

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  8. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Tensei Shoujo no Rirekisho - Female MC, in a fantasy world of magic where magic is dying. MC has no magic and uses modern knowledge to a reasonable extent (don't expect guns or anything crazy, its mostly reasonable stuff). MC despite being weak doesn't cling onto any ML and focuses on improving her life with her own ability.

ChiChidi likes this.
  9. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    OriginStory the VRMMO: The Advent of Axebear might be to your tastes. MC plays a VRMMO and ends up unlocking a Bear Transformation power for her character in the opening tutorial due to luck and chance (it's the highest rarity unlock for her version of the tutorial). Then she plays the game. While she's powerful, she's not brokenly powerful... though admittedly that's partially (significantly) because she cares more about playing for fun than making "the most powerful avatar evar". The story's currently at chapter 64 and the game world is about to undergo a "soft reboot" in order to expand it's boarders.

Fluvia Dellarose was an Otome Game's Villain. Same author, but a slice-of-life story this time, so no combat. MC's reincarnated as her daughter's favorite character in a cult classic Otome Game, which became a cult classic purely due to how much fan fiction spin offs could be made while still being accurate to the cannon. Basically, the game had problems up the wazoo, from hanging plot threads to the "ultimate villain" who's executed at the end being a supporter of the villainess who literally spoke a single line the entire game. Said character being the MC's daughter's favorite, and the Fluvia Dellarose the MC reincarnated into. After MC recovers from her death, her panic attack about being separated from her daughter who's health condition she's unaware of, and so forth, she starts working to fix the issues around her. As to the consequences to what would happen in the game, well, she wasn't even directly aware of what would normally happen, so why should she care about how she's changing it? Just so long as she avoids the reason why her character was executed, at least.

Shance likes this.
  10. 219278

219278 The Adorable Stretchy cheeks

Reading List:
    Link
    The many lives of cadence lee
    very good female reincarnation story. light hearted (but accurate) politics, multiple well built worlds, and cool abilities.
    the ratings can attest to the quality of the story.

ChiChidi likes this.
  11. ChiChidi

Reading List:
    Link
    I read Crossing to the Future, sorry to say this but I think it is terrible.

12. mushy

mushy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Azarinth Healer

ChiChidi likes this.
  13. ChiChidi

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Vamptacus

Vamptacus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Villain Daughter Enjoys Her Seventh Life as a Free-Spirited Bride (Hostage) in a Former Enemy Country

15. Qfaea

Qfaea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    need to confirm first, what do you actually categorize as decent MC?

not OP but not clingy weak so.. something just average lady? like ordinary MC?

16. Jevanka926

Jevanka926 Grumpy and Awkward <3

Reading List:
    Link
  17. skillet

skillet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do have a list I created precisely because I had the same thought as you did (about op or clingy heroines -_-) called Strong Heroine Romance Novels, though most of them have a lot more to offer than romance. They're generally good stories.
    Of them, especially recommend:
    - Okoborehime to Entaku no Kishi
    - Miss Appraiser and the Gallery Demon

Other good stories (secondary recommendations? Idk):
    - Sugar Apple Fairytale (not on the above list)

also I am definitely saving this thread for my own recommendations lol thank you :D

18. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do people insist on necro'ing such old posts?

19. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because sometimes ppl find the threads on Google search instead of forum list and don’t note the date of the last post.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  20. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg i wanna cry for doomsday

Are u down for rr?