Recommendations Purposeful cultivation.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Riseofevillink, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Riseofevillink

Riseofevillink Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So hey I am kinda looking for a new web/light novel to help me pass sometime and since I think I have kinda read everything I could dig up for myself in this "genre" of things I was wondering if some of you could help add some you've come across that fit into my collection.

What am I looking for?

Simply put I want to find cultivation novels where cultivation serves an actual purpose beyond power level + 1.

What does that mean?

Well pretty much anything that makes the cultivation system interesting. Whether that means connecting with astral stars from heaven to further increase power, opening up a palace in your inner world, forming an Immortal core, creating a lake of ki, or even establishing a whole universe. As long the system has something interesting happening with all that power they are accumulating

Alright, well what am I not looking for?

Anything like Martial God Asura. There is a lot more I can say here but if you have a suggestion that even remotely resembles MGA I am definitely not interested. If the key to cultivating is just comprehension, bottleneck, and then energy quality/type + 1 I tend to lose interest.

Bonus points!?

While it doesn't have to, if you have novel where the cultivation culminates into some sort of end thing that would be amazing. Think Immortal Mortal or Stellar Transformation it doesn't have to be for the purpose of universe creation though.

Now I don't remember everything I have read but I will try and add them to this list if they appear in the thread

Already read.

Stellar Transformation
    Coiling Dragon
    Immortal Mortal
    Ancient Godly Monarch
    End of the Magic Era (Throne of the Apocalypse)
    I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Martial World
    True Martial World
    Desolate Era
    Tales of Demons and Gods
    Nine Star Hegemon Body Art
    Reverend Insanity
    Cultivation Chat Group
    The World Online
    Ancient Strengthening Technique
    Beginning After the End

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  2. Jojofann

Jojofann Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Riseofevillink likes this.
  3. Riseofevillink

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Syahmuda

Syahmuda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So you were saying that you want a novel with visualizing the next powerlevel, not just an accumulating cultivation power ?

There's a few novels that i read with that description but i forget, since its been long time that i read it and currently i focused on the novel that proving the dao/ natural laws.

Shepherding Humanity
    The Path Toward Heaven
    Ze Tian Ji

5. Riseofevillink

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the suggestions.

6. Eternal Emperor

Eternal Emperor SelfAware-PieceOfShit

Reading List:
    Link
    Grasping Evil
    Don’t rate it too early the author gets much much better...

7. Riseofevillink

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, noted this also seems to cover some of my other interest so that's definitely going on my list. Thank you very much.

8. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Kaneki07

Kaneki07 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If that's the case then I think you would gladly enjoy Sage Monarch and Nine Hegemony Body Art. You would enjoy the former rather than latter but they both have an amazing Cultivation System.

Then former have one of the best visiolazation that I have ever read. And if you're knowledge about the dimensions, like the third dimension, fourth dimensions and the likes, this one showcases brilliantly.

It's never spoken in the story or even made a comparison but is some action that the MC does or can do after reaching some Cultivation realm that left you scratching your head.

The example, the mc ascended to a higher world and he was in the Immortal realm. Simple right? The trick or cool aspect was that he was still in connection with his home world down on the mortal planes. So you know how the author explains the scene of him going back? It wasn't through a portal or a crack in dimensions that he could descend. No, he scup down towards the mortal planes, just, as if he was picking a handful of water and brought his world up to the Immortal realms. Is was never mentioned or described but by the simple fact that he reach a certain realm and created a Universal Orbit in his Cultivation system he became a higher dimensional being.

It's a pretty cool concept when you catch it, if not you would think is another op Cultivation mc. But the dimensional reference like the fourth dimension or the fifth flat dimension were awesome concept.

Like I say, these aren't mentioned as dimension or what not but if understand the simple fact of what is a first dimension to a second dimension and the action a second dimension can do to a first one. You can also understand what a fourth dimensional being can do to a third one and that scene of the MC scoping down as if he was getting a mouthful of water showcases perfectly what a higher dimensional being could do to a lower one.

It's called Sage Monarch, check it out, pretty awesome novel if you ask me. The MC may have a god complex but you can't blame him, he was born as a god, so ye

10. Riseofevillink

Reading List:
    Link
    Dang that sounds legit. I am surprised Sage Monarch never came up on my radar. However, with that glowing synopsis I don't think I have a choice but to go check it out.

11. Kaneki07

Kaneki07 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cool hope u understood it. It wasn't explained exactly as I thought it because of autocorrect but yeah, the Cultivation realms...no scratch that. The Cultivation levels had meaning and description of the process of transformation. After the fourth one I think, every title or named Cultivation level would or could correspond to the meaning of the Transformation.

An example of one would be the fifth realm, second level. I don't remember the name or title of the Cultivation level but I do remember the process of leveling up. The MC or I this case, Cultivators needed to turn themselves into infinite motes of sands, like culminate their energy to the point that they can crumble and separate themselves into divinity of sands. You see or read how the MC goes through that process and how difficult it was because of his impossibly strong physique.

I remember that besides turning themselves into motes of sands there were other steps of the Cultivation level but I forgot. Better, just jump and read it. The Cultivation system is pretty cool and one of a kind. Even though it does follow the same numerical number that all Cultivation novels have but the titles and meanings behind the Cultivation levels is what you're looking for.

12. Riseofevillink

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean yeah that's more or less what I want. In my own opinion it helps get a better idea of how powerful these unstoppable entities are when there is a process or an outcome that comes with the Cultivation. Besides to me it just seems logical if this massive amount of energy they have accumulated changes to become something as a show of change in quality or type. Like Desolate Era the protagonist inner world had lake, a palace, and a frog that bloomed a flower. It just made things more engaging.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  13. dvces

dvces Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. canvas204

canvas204 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Riseofevillink

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the suggestions I'll be sure to add them to my reading que.