Recommendations Masterpieces on Royalroad

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Nash777, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Nash777

Nash777 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read most of good novels on NU.
    Give me best on Royal Road.
    P. S. I prefer male lead and novels with more chapters.
    And Also give me some novels with isekai/reincarnation/transmigration and slice of life genre. I loved delve on Royal Road(just mc was way too soft).
    Anyways give me your best.
    Thanks.

2. mlongue

mlongue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is Spirit Immortal the story is already finished so you won't need to wait for chapters to be release. It have a power system inspered by Soul Land, so people awaken a spirit and teach that spirit new skills every 10 rank, to a max of 100 ranks. It is by far one of the best stories I have read, the author makes the world seem alive with things outside of mc control, as a reader I felt like shit while mc was feeling like a shit. Overall it is a amazing read, it is a male mc and it have more or less some 700 chapters with 14 books/volumes into it.Really worth it.

3. shadowreader

shadowreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Techmage was great. Sadly I believe it was never finished

mrbigd and Nash777 like this.
  4. Minarett

Minarett Peaceful Adventurer

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if you've already read these or not but these are my two favourite stories from RR.
    They both long and have male protagonists.
    They're not isekai though.
    Mother of Learning - Time Loop Mystery Action Adventure Fantasy
    The Zombie Knight Saga - Action Horror Battles Urban Fantasy

5. Nash777

Reading List:
    Link
    I have already read mother of learning but I was some hesitant with the zombie Knight saga. Can you give me some Plot and spoilers?

6. Nash777

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks but it looks like xianxia/wuxia (which is not my thing) anyways I wiltry.

7. Minarett

Minarett Peaceful Adventurer

Reading List:
    Link
    It's about a teenage boy who after some troubling circumstances gets himself turned into the servant of a Grim Reaper. He gets powers like not being able to die as well an element from the periodic table that he can materialise. It follows him as he starts off from street level stuff like stopping muggers until he becomes powerful and ends up in between two huge factions or Reaper servants. Basically it's a action and battles story. Kind of like a shounen manga except in my opinion better written.
    He basically becomes an Iron element user. For a spoiler, people call him the Darksteel Soldier later on. It's one of the best written novels on RR.

Kezzalm and Nash777 like this.
  8. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I like male lead stories if you have any that are good send them my way.

9. 10sWBlade

10sWBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Threadbare ( Completed )

A little toybear golem that just wants to protect his little girl.

Anything by Andur mostly fits your requirements of reincarnation/transmigration.

Super Minion

Bioweapon that suddenly gets Human.exe and escapes a research facility. Tries to survive in a city filled with superheroes and Gillian's.

Nash777 likes this.
  10. Twilight Fox

Twilight Fox 【Foxy】【Ayayayay!】

Reading List:
    Link
    Epilogue

Bright_Lucky_Star and Nash777 like this.
  11. SinCity

SinCity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Savage Divinity, that's the only story I'm reading on Royalroad currently.

12. Diagon Alleycat

Diagon Alleycat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then how about Scribblehub? Unique and fanciful Stories appear there that don't appear on Royal Road and they're also reasonably well-written. For example, I've been enjoying this interesting story about an OP tree....
    https://www.scribblehub.com/read/10700-tree-of-aeons-an-isekai-story/

13. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    The Last Science
    Story about the emerging of magic in modern world

Epilogue
    Have you ever thought what happen to summoned heroes after returning to their home world?

Re:Trailer Trash
    Second chance living your youthful past again

A Hero's War
    Uplift technology in other world

14. Scholar Monarch

Scholar Monarch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would recommend 10/10 level:
    The Simulacrum (Meta type story where the MC realizes he's in a game, it is well executed with clear storyline)

Stygian Mage
    Unwanted journey under foreign skies
    (These two are similar Litrpg w/ other world type story but is better written than JP novels)
    The Primal Hunter
    Blessed Time
    (Same as the other two)

All these are personal recommendations, you can find good novels in Best Rated tab (not trending). Try Advanced search to find a specific type of story like you do in NU.

15. Contradiction

Contradiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh boy, have I got the list for you. I've got to dig through my roualroad list, so I might add a few if necessary. Also, besides litrpg, hiatus stories seem to be a staple of royalroad. But some of these are worth reading regardless.

Those Who Aspired To Become Gods: A Darker Fairytale Novel - one of the first litrpg's i read. I don't remember if it does anything special, but the chapters are massive and I really loved the interactions between the m.c. and a little fox child.
    Royal Scales- not a litrpg, a legitimate urban fantasy. If you're a fan of the Harry Dresden series by Jim Butcher you'll probably like this.
    Prehistoric Barbarian- I remember this being pretty funny. Modern man waking up in the distant future or something like that with an a.i. Don't remember if there was a lot of action, but it sort of became a thriller at the end, and at least finished book 1.
    Twice Lived- this one got pretty dark. A reincarnation into a fantasy world with your previous lifes memories. Except you aren't the first. You're not even unique. Because your fellow reincarnators are hunted down and brutally murdered.
    The Red Lands- Another reincarnation schmuck. First arc was excellent. Second arc there's a notable drop in storytelling. Author stopped updating on royalroad and has a bunch more chapters on his website. You can google it. Be warned, its super disorganized.
    The Salamanders- a coming of age litrpg. And probably has the best character interactions you'll read on the site. These are the most accurate portrayals of kids becoming young adults in a world with dungeon monsters. I stopped reading when I caught up, and there was a certain reveal that makes me hesitate to go back, but I will probably finish reading this story.
    Dungeon Games- a really cool take on the dungeon master genre mixed with vr? I really wish it was finished. And the m.c. is adorable.
    He who fights with monsters- pretty good. Still updated regularly with 5 chaps a week and 300 chapters. Story lost some steam recently, but its starting to build it back up. I hope.
    Feralheart- story originally started as smut. But the author managed to make a decent story out of it with a fascinating world. The first arc is smut focused, the next 20 aren't.
    Kill 10 rats/ farming for gold- 2 stories, same author, both went on hiatus when they were just starting to get good. I more put this on here in the hopes the author might see this and will eventually continue his works.
    The Iron Teeth: A Goblins tale- one of the few finished rrl stories. Tons of chapters. Pretty sure its also on kindle. And I forgot to finish it. Whoops. Story told from a goblins perspective. And amazing world building.
    Liars Called- another story by FrustratedEgo. Heavy fae lore. Dont think it was litrpg. Still really good. I also forgot to finish what he put out
    Domain Warz- another story that went on hiatus. Chapters were a decent length and I thought it was an awesome concept.
    The Defective hermit- another hiatus story. Chapters were long and characters were believable at first. They seemed like they became... less believable near the end. A litrpg grind fest. Probably why it went on hiatus. But hey, what rrl without a grindfest here or there.
    Forge of Destiny- a cultivation novel that hasn't been fucked up yet. But im only at chapter 170, which is before a tournament so.... yeah.
    No Longer a Game- chapters were a decent length, characters were mostly believable. I think. One of the better vrmmo stories I've read, but it didn't go on long enough to shoot itself in the foot. So there's that.
    Delvers llc- moved to kindle, think he removed his rrl stuff.
    Codename freedom- also moved to kindle. Also, I couldn't reread it. Maybe I can now that I've forgotten about it. I know I enjoyed the first read through, but I just couldn't do it again at the time. Its a litrpg. They're like stories on training wheels most of the time.
    There's more on my list, but I don't remember them, so I can't recommend them. Plus I've put too much time into this. I'm surprised I don't have any monster tamer/summoner stories on here. Guess I didn't save them this should keep ya busy for a bit. Send me a message if ya want more.

Fulminata and ishaan like this.
  16. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Some good stories that specifically fit themes of male MC and isekai/reincarnation/transmigration. Will have at least a decent number of chapters:
    The Gilded Hero-isekai where it's not so great to be a summoned hero. Litrpg world. https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/29286/the-gilded-hero
    Eight- Litrpg where adult is reincarnated as a kid in the middle of the wilds. Litrpg world. Plays with Qi and magic and has a fun magic system. https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/26734/eight
    Ar'Kendrithyst- Isekai to a Litrpg world where people can get OP from developing new magics. And having science makes it easy to make new magic. It has some interesting world-building, but it got a bit boring for me after awhile, since the characters were kinda bland. Definitely slice of life. https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/26727/arkendrithyst
    Vainqueur the Dragon- It's Completed! And it's actually a lot of fun. Victor gets isekai'd to a Litrpg world. And has the utter misfortune to become the minion of a dragon. It's hilarious, has great characters and character development with a fun plot and world-building. Highly recommended. https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/26534/vainqueur-the-dragon
    Worth the Candle- This is an isekai Litrpg. But this is most definitely the best Litrpg world I have ever read. The world-building is incredible. The exclusion system is perfect for a litrpg and I wish it has been thought of earlier and used elsewhere. The characters can be somewhat bland and have similar voices and the plot might be meandering. But this world is just beautiful. https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/25137/worth-the-candle
    I also recommend Savage Divinity and Epilogue that have already been mentioned as fitting your genres with a Male MC.

I have some more recommendations that I have found to be more average as opposed to good that I still somewhat follow that meet your preferences. But there's also a number of novels outside of male MC+isekai/etc that are still very good, despite being different. These are the best I can think of that fit your type.

17. Risus

Risus ✵ Enigmatic Poet ✵ Tiger ✵ Reese's ✵

Reading List:
    Link
    Masterpieces? Dunno about that but, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned The Legend of Randidly Ghosthound. One of the first major apocalyptic-system type novels I believe, and it's got chapters. Lots of chapters.
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/11209/the-legend-of-randidly-ghosthound

The Wandering Inn has mostly female protags but it's a top tier isekai/slice of life and it's has A LOT of content. Probably one of my favorite stories right now. May take some patience in the beginning.
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/10073/the-wandering-inn

Chrysalis; transmigration. Real fun story but it can put a serious face on.
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/22518/chrysalis

He Who Fights with Monsters is a pretty solid isekai, good amount of chapters.
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/26294/he-who-fights-with-monsters

18. just.checking

just.checking Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should definitely try forgotten conqueror and the exiled prince

Nash777 likes this.
  19. Aedenvuur

Aedenvuur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tree of Aeons is also on RR.
    The only scribbehub exclusive that I have found and enjoy reading is 'Isekai'd Shoggoth'. The trending rankings move too often and their rating system makes it hard to find gems.

Nash777 and Diagon Alleycat like this.
  20. dvces

dvces Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Legend of Randidly Ghosthound... Top 1 on royalroad.

Nash777 likes this.