Spoiler The Viridescent Crown

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Deleted member 262282, Oct 29, 2020.

1. itzreila

itzreila Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finished reading the first 20 chapters of the web toon and it looks fine to me :) dunno about dark story yet just based on my reading of earlier chapters. the novel might be a different matter tho
    There FL was almost raped in the earlier chapters by her cousin but her step brother managed to save her

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    Ghost123, Khadz, Yukina_Yuki and 18 others like this.
  2. The Queen of Hell

The Queen of Hell Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How dark is the story? Im not sure how much i can handle? Usually im not opossed to dark stories.

darkcrystal and fleurqv like this.
  3. Corunee

Corunee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what I understood in MTHL is.... :hmm:

1. The 2ML had a lot of prominence, pending 70% of the novel.
    2. that's why many readers thought that mc and 2ML was a good couple
    The 2ML did many, many, things to save and help Mc. But at the most crucial moment he don't help her. That moment he realized....he liked another person.
    3. The person who made the review NOT finish reading the novel. He/she abandoned for the direction of the plot.

4. MC is kidnapped by the crown prince. he only threatened her....to gang rape her.... :blobangery:

HERE IS THE CONFLICT :notlikeblob:.
    The original Korean author of the novel had written something stronger. Later, due to criticism from readers, the Korean author decided to change the original dialogues.

The rape never happened

5. And ML? Idk :blobsleeping:

((the person who read and abandoned the reading was because he/she got tired of reading female characters where they were very mistreated and needed to be rescued.
    I repeat, she abandoned the reading in chapter 70. Aprox )))

I did the best I could with the languages, sorry :(

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    darkcrystal, Peerly, Khadz and 62 others like this.
  4. Corunee

Corunee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also we don't know if the plot is good or bad. Each person has their perception :blobhero:

Khadz, Cessa, Mitsuki000 and 2 others like this.
  5. Loti12

Loti12 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok i want to know one thing
    Well the MC & ML have happy ending or not
    I don't want to read a sad story
    But really it has a nice drawing i really want to see them happy

Khadz, Yukina_Yuki, Im Who Im and 9 others like this.
  6. kabocha_crisp

kabocha_crisp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw some spoilers, I think chapter 30, on IG. MC and ML are
    attending a ball and they are so cute, I can't even! After they finish a dance, an unknown guy, maybe 2nd ML offers to dance with her. :aww: Are we going to see a jealous ML??

7. Fenrironcrac

Fenrironcrac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With my poor Korean language skills I skimmed through manwha
    Feel free to correct/add to this spoiler. It’s about the reason(?) of her transmigrating to this world.
    Part of Chapter 17
    Ran had thought that she’s the one who wrote the story ‘Eternal Love’ and she feels responsible for making the ML suffer that’s why she wants to make this whole “ML happiness plan” thing or atleast take half of his burden which is saving his duchy from the hands of her uncle. Someone mention above about how the cousin tried to rape her. ML did save her. While she was unconscious she went into another dimension where she meets the one who resides in the Blue ring(Chapter3) Istarif . He’s someone with blue fire hair and a lion’s body. Kinda like a centaur but with lion body. He asks her why she knows his name. She wonders how she can go back from this dimension. Another being/spirit with a man-snake body comes. He’s a spirit named ‘Ursula’ which resides in another duke’s weapon(?). She asks if she could go back if she tells them how she knows so she tells them that she came from another world. They mention “Phanius”, they mention “reader” after that and just when she was wondering what they mean by reader, Another spirit/being with a cheetah body and four wings come and she could tell he’s the boss(?) . He offers a seat and they discuss about the world. It seems when she tells him that she wrote this story, he tells her are you sure you wrote it or you read it. He’s asks just till what/when has he written and it could be that she hasn’t written this story herself. He says because the one who has read is called “prophet/foreteller ” (?)(korean: of this world. She thinks that she definitely didn’t think of this whole new dimension with spirits and also wonders if Yustaf” might not be the protagonist. She keeps asking if this world existed from way before because she definitely thought and wrote about it herself. The cheetah man spirit confirms it so but she has read about it . When asked if she has always written stories, she says that was the only one she has written but doesn’t everyone write atleast once when they are younger? She asks then how did she end in that world? He says he doesn’t know about that but sometimes the one who reads do end up there? . He asks whether her past self had died or not or if both of them had the same name. She confirms both. He says even if they don’t know why she came here, her coming there has a big reason and that she is a door to something. After Istarif says that it’s a rare occurrence to meet a reader and it’s so amusing to him since she’s the one who knows his name, she opens her eyes and finds herself in the emerald room probably the duchess’ room.
    Afterwards, Yustaf and her talk about the culprit which I skipped. He tells her she has made the enemy of her uncle too soon. They also talked about how she knew about the magic stones near the gate (she plans to pay debt with the money gets by selling those magic stones, it is found at the ice hill(?)’S Gate which is pretty dangerous. She might have gotten lost there when she was young. (I just skimmed this part, might be wrong)
    Yustaf asks her about their previous conversation about how she thinks that it can’t be helped if Yustaf kills her and how she trusts him too much. She now tells him that she won’t die(she thinks because now she doesn’t have the responsibility to think about Yustaf since it wasn’t because of her he suffered(all this time she felt responsible)), she’ll definitely work hard to survive. He says good because he doesn’t like people who die easily. They share a moment.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  8. Lalali

Lalali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The 2 MlL is such a F*CKER, unprofessional and traitor.
    My 2nd male lead syndrome is deactivated

9. MichinGae

MichinGae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok this happened years ago (1 or 2) iirc, so correct me if I'm wrong, I myself haven't been reading this one till the end too. And it's been so long...

Anyways, I think some people misunderstood what OP is trying to say in here, lots of readers back then is uncomfortable by the author's way to keep on choosing an attempted se*ual assault to the mc (their prev work has stuff like this too almost happened to their mc, Estelle from the 'I'm the child of this house' for example). What I'm trying to say is, although I'm not sure which part of that post that some of u take as Ran has already being a victim, which is definitely not true, because what OP was trying to imply here is the fact that this villain here is trying to ruin/threaten mc with those (and degrading her value as a woman, stuff like that). BUT FORTUNATELY DIDN'T GET THE CHANCE TO ACTUALLY DO IT, and yes it was ml who came to the rescue. So yes, it's another attempted se*ual assault. Before they redacted the ch. and to choose to just threatened Ran with ruining her face and etc. Cuz there are lots of protest about the prev threats that were given, k-readers find it to be much too disturbing, some even find it disgusting for the redundant use for such thing as part of the novel. Cuz the same topic was used in the beginning when she got drugged when taking her meds.

Tdlr : No, she wasn't raped. Cuz it says that 'she was going to get _-+$+#+#', but fortunately, they failed to do so. 이 작가님 정말... ._.)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  10. MichinGae

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on the good rating and nice review I saw by the end of the novel's comment section, I'm pretty sure it's a happy end. ㅇㅅㅇ That's why I planned on continuing... ㅋㅋ

Khadz, Yukina_Yuki, Im Who Im and 7 others like this.
  11. MichinGae

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh and also, the Eng translation for the title is incorrect unfortunately. It's 'Viridescent Crown'. ^^ 녹음 refers to the color and 관 is the crown.

Khadz, izznis, applebeans and 9 others like this.
  12. MichinGae

Reading List:
    Link

/Pats/ U did well, dw!!! And oh the ml is the step bro LMAO. I forgot his name smh. xD this author tends to have some darker stuff than most for their novels so yeah... ㅠㅠ Need to prepare yourself for each conflicts.

13. Fenrironcrac

Fenrironcrac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s true this trope is overused can’t really argue with that but in reality also men keep threatening women with r*pe/s*xual assault and body disfiguration. It’s extremely disgusting.

darkcrystal, Khadz, Bella94 and 4 others like this.
  14. ruby.h

ruby.h Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The art of this manhwa is beautiful, i'm a sucker for beautiful art lol. (do you guys notice that the artists up their game lately? so many beautiful manhwas are coming out)

I saw some comments on IG review that the plot is good to kept you reading but there wont be many romantic moments (TT3TT oh my romantic heart is disappointed) .

Then i read this forum kinda make me sweat lol. I hope the story is not too dark, because i want to get my head off my disappointing reality with manhwa. :)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  15. Loti12

Loti12 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you , I'm gonna give it a chance

16. Loti12

Loti12 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does every beautiful Art has a dark story ?!!!
    I should have a strong heart for this story even if it has a happy ending ,but I think am gonna cry

17. MichinGae

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol u made me anxious till I open the last ch from the main story xD. From what I skim through the ch, which is ch 150 (I don't want to spoil myself too much by reading the whole thing),
    both of them were there and were having a conversation with each other about that title and stuff. The Ml, (유스타프, idk about anyone but I think its Eustaph/Eustaff or whichever xD) suddenly think of asking Ran if she's happy too. But refrain from doing so. So instead, in the end he just said, "I love you." Which she smiles and replies with "I love you too." ^^ but then once she's on her on in her bedchamber, she thought of (루미에) Rumie and was like, is he happy there? And also wondering if he's alright too. And ended up wishing so. Bla blah blah, she talked to Eustaph and the place they're in atm was written as '(the) couple's bedchamber'. Before she closed her eyes, Eustaph tries to reassure her by saying Rumie is okay. Before she said "Sleep well." And he replied with "Please rest." Some part is about Sina and Rumie, but I'm not going to read that xD, cuz I haven't even reached 120 ㅠㅠ. And LOL the next part is about them flirting... I'm-
    At first they were talking and then it went quite so Ran was like,
    "Eustaph?"
    Before he answered with a smile, "Have I told you that I love you so much?" hearing this she smiled and said, "Please tell me more."
    Then he said "I love you* (Ran, he said her name) so very much." Before she replies with "I too, love you* (she's using his name) so very much."

And by the end of the ch. There's a line saying that it'll stay that way (the happiness and stuff) forever.

Tdlr : They keep on saying 'I love you' to each other in this last ch. from the main story and referred as a couple too (so if they're actually not going to end up with each other I'm going to riot :mad: nvm, LOL jk. ㅋㅋㅋ which probably isn't true looking at how much they flirted with each other I-) I haven't checked the supplementaries ones though. They usually have more fluff for the aftermath. ^^

18. MichinGae

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that's part of the drama right? but this cousin person was already going to be prisoned right? (But due to Eustaph's influences, he's going to get banished instead to never appear, cough no one will know if the said person is suddenly missing right? He was banished after all, hehe xD Eustaph is so sly omg) Due to the attempted assault he committed after drugging her (in his defense, he said that it's cuz he loves her lol), the manhwa already caught up with this iirc, if that's what they meant with the marrying and stuff. And that princess part, high chance its just the same as the previous one I mentioned. They were intended to marry someone in the first place, but definitely not expecting to ended up with each other HAHAHA. xD Ran told him to not worry over her marrying (cuz the husband probably gonna do something about the duke position so just in case, she won't marry anyone till Eustaph got the Duke position, which is around 2 years from then). Which he oddly replied with "Glad to hear that." (I wonder what he means by that, is he glad because she's keeping her promise to secure the position or because she won't be marrying, who knows *wink wonk* (。•̀ᴗ-)✧) I mean LOL ㅋㅋㅋㅋ it's not even ch 30 and he started to fall for her. xD oh he's also the one who come to her rescue, the convo was so cool yet amusing when the incident happen,
    The culprit intended to 'assault' mc, but before he could do so, Eustaph was there, sword still positioned in front of his neck, he said,
    "It's been a while, Hyung-nim*." (*It's like 'older brother', but it's not always have to be ur sibling, it's how a male called their close person (male too ofc) if they're older.)
    The person froze. "W-who?"
    With a cold expression ml said, "Who do you think, hyung-, no,
    you bastard*." (*He changed the wording from formal to something offensive xD hyung-nim to 'bastard').
    He intended to just end him right there and then, but he thought that the blood will dirty the room and got into the unconscious Ran as well so he refrained himself from doing so ^^

19. Dreamergirl

Dreamergirl Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for your spoilers:aww:. If you've read till chapter 120, can you please give spoilers about their confession and first kiss:aww:?

20. Hera Elizabeth

Hera Elizabeth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tysm. side stories i wonder what will happen , ~~getting angst~~
    how many side stories does it have?>

purple pink and SofiyeJaan like this.