Tabula Rasa - Words of Power (Roleplay Thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Quaesitor, Oct 3, 2020.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    "I'm Ilya!

"And uhn... I lost you halfway, but it sounds like food! Ilya enjoys food!"

Naraku likes this.
  2. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Uh... I am not exactly flying, I cannot fly actually."
    Etum was tempted for a few seconds to say that she was just too small but then restrained himself.

'So, the species' name is really Fairy. Good to know that my memory somehow didn't fail me.'
    Irony aside, Etum got to know what Moon wished to eat. And that was good enough, since, well it's cheap. In any case, there would be two toast with stew, that ought to be quite enough.
    "Two toast with stew. Noted."
    'So, that's what a stew is?'

"Well then, since the three of us are hungry, I will go to the counter and order the food."
    Following his words, Etum headed off to the counter and hoped they will not have to wait for too long.

AliceShiki likes this.
  3. SatanicalAngel

SatanicalAngel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Perfect."

The waiter finally walks up to their table. She looked to be in her mid 30s, but polite. Moon asked for her toast and stew, as well as a small plate for Ilya. Then she turned to Etum, and patiently waited for his response.

"How much will it be for my meal?"

The waitress looked at Moon like she was stupid.
    "Uhh... It says it on the menu.. But that'll be 1 silver 2 copper."

Suddenly Moon didn't think she was very nice. However the glare she had gotten from Moon had her changing her attitude.

AliceShiki likes this.
  4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    "Eh? You can't? Did you wings break!?" >.<

"Can't the miss fix them for you...?"
    "O-oh! Okay! Thank you!"
    "Ehehehehe, food is perfect, isn't it?"

Naraku likes this.
  5. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ah, no no, I have no wings at all. Never had wings. I always walked on my two feet."

That is even more difficult than he previously thought.
    A sigh escaped Etum's mouth as he witnessed this scene. In any case, since he will take the same thing as Moon, the meal will amount to 2 silver and 4 copper.
    "I will take the same thing, thank you for your service."

In any case, he thought to have understood why Moon asked such a question. After all, while they received coins for their pay, it's not as if they know how it works, they could try to confirm guesses. For instance, how many coppers are worth a silver? Maybe, the waitress would have given an answer that could give them a response or such.

"Alright, that's noted..."
    And so the waitress left after hearing the order. Likely, she will bring the meals a bit later.

SatanicalAngel and AliceShiki like this.
  6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:

"... Things must have been hard for you..."

Naraku likes this.
  7. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    Elysion, the city of new begining.

"Well, I can read it, so I cannot be that far from home, right?" The man mumbles to himself as he approaches the city gate. How did he make it here, he had no idea. Ever since he woke up, he felt lost, both physically and mentally. He could make neither sense of his mind nor his surroundings. The man chose a simple, random direction and set off.

While trying to suppress his growling stomach, the man approached the guards in hopes to finally make the heads or tails of his current situation or better yet get something to eat. The guard seemingly oblivious to the distressed state of the newcomer just lazily asked: "Your identity and purpose for visiting?"

"I don't know? Food?"
    The man replied without a second thought.

The guard, head filled with question marks, asked again: "Identity, purpose for visiting?"

Diminishing himself for not cooking up any story while approaching the guard, the man tried to quickly make something up on the spot. Sadly the more he thought, the more hungry he felt making him unable to process even the simplest thought. And because he did not reply, the guard, now very annoyed, stood up and seriously considered smacking some sense into this stupid fellow.

"I DEN TI TY!!! PUR POSE FOR VI SI TING!!!"

"Ummm.... Bob?, ......food!"
    The man, now officially named Bob, broke the vicious circle and answered the now for some reason very suspicious guard.

"Name, again!"

"I seriously, don't..... know"
    The man barely managed to spit out as he futilely tried to suppress his hunger. He barely registered the guard looking at an orb beside him, after which he sighed, facepalmed and tried to explain something about a fee, identity card, adventuring guild and collar. Sadly, the man did not seem to be able to register the guards words.

After a while, the man was let in with a collar on his neck.

SatanicalAngel and AliceShiki like this.
  8. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    "I can agree little one. I most prefer flying myself. However, not everyone has wings in this place. And actually... You are very tiny. We're just bigger than you. We're currently sitting in a tavern; a place that sells food, and you're on our table."
    After 15 or so minutes the food had finally arrived as well as the tiny plate for Ilya. The waitress made a point to do a small bow before leaving, seemingly scared of Moon's harsh gaze.

"H-Here's your order. Thank you f-for waiting."
    "Good. You should be scared", Moon thought to herself.

She didn't know when this started happening, but ever since the wolf hunt Moon has found herself... More violent. And liking it. Maybe she's always been like this.

Dropping that thought, Moon started serving up some food for Ilya. She tared tiny bits of her bread off and placed them on the small plate, and with her spoon poured a tiny bit of stew on the crumbs.

"Here, Ilya. Your food is ready."

Moon guided Ilya to the plate with the tip of her finger and slowly pushed Ilya next to the plate so she could feel where the food was. Then Moon started eating after making sure Ilya was taken care of. No fairy left behind, after all.

Naraku and AliceShiki like this.
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    "I see I see... So this is a forest of flightless giants... Such a weird place this is!"
    "Yay! Thank you!" *munch munch munch munch munch*

"It's yummy! Really weird, but yummy!"

Naraku likes this.
  10. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    Moon giggled watching Ilya being so happy over something so simple

"I told you so. Although I'm not sure why you find it weird, but at least it tastes good."

Moon looked to Etum.

"How's it taste for you?"

@Naraku

Naraku and AliceShiki like this.
  11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    "Because I never tasted anything like it of course! And the texture is so weirdly soft as well!" *munch munch munch*

12. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    "Oh, you must mean the bread then. Yes, it is very soft."

AliceShiki likes this.
  13. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Exiting the adventurer's guild, Sky sighed and started walking to his destination when his stomach started to grumble.

"Oh yeah, i forgot that i haven't eaten breakfast since i woke up."

While he had eaten some food back at Till's place, he was a bit more unsatiated due to usually eating more food. He had eaten more food after earning money but he was mostly satisfied eating the same food from a certain place.

"Right, since i kinda came back, maybe i should head back there to greet them after i stopped working after earning from the labyrinth."

When he wasn't loaded with money, he often works at places to earn his keep such as a dishwasher, waiter and even being a handyman on a construction. He was clueless upon arriving at this world but he quickly began to adapt before starting to do field work outside but since he came back after wanting to travel, he kinda knew that he had forgotten to say goodbye to them.

"Well, since i just left without mentioning it. Maybe i should greet them while i'm here and eat there."

He headed towards a tavern which had wonderful decorations and nice layout as he spotted the person who was once his Senior at work and waved at her.

"Its been long time Seni-"

"Look who finally shows up after not working for so long. What are you doing there standing around? Get dressed and serve!"

She quickly pushed Sky into the back and after a few minutes came out with both of them dressing in Waitress uniforms.

"I know that you have circumtances Sky but at least come to work every often. Look, we are currently in a rush hour right now so get to it."

"But I..."

Sky tried to explain yet she was already serving the nearest customer with a smile on her face. He just stood there in silence as he look down on his dress as he felt uncomfortable wearing them.

While he does suit wearing it, he felt breezy below him as he never was used to wearing dresses even when he can quickly adapt to it.

"Haah....maybe i should had told them i kinda quit before leaving so its kinda my fault for forgetting."

He decided to just accept the fact that it was his fault and started to serve the customers with a friendly smile.

While he spotted familiar faces with a new person(thing?), since he was only familiar with them for a little bit, he decided to just ignore them since they were only strangers who aren't close to him.

"Welcome, what would you like?"

14. Siostar

Siostar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I first awoke, I was standing in a grass field with some trees around me, small droplets of water hit upon my skin.
    By instinct, I tried to look up at the sky. Something told me that I shouldn't be able to move, yet I managed to tilt my head, following along with tilting motion, my body fell to the mudded ground.

As I lay on the grass, my head faced the bright grey sky, even as my clothes were soaked in water and covered by muds I couldn't help but notice there was beautiful about the sight. For just a while, I stayed still just like that, feeling an overwhelming emotion I couldn't describe.

Where I am and for what reason am I here? Who am I and why do I have these feelings now?

Those questions and more went in and out of my mind, but it wasn't until I felt calm enough that I tried to move my limbs. As it turns out, I have no problem with moving but I have no idea how to control my movements. If a puppeteer was someone who knew how to control his puppet, then I felt like a child who didn't know how to untangle his doll.

As I thought about how to come out of this situation, a word keeps coming into my mind, as if it wanted to do something with it. I moved my lips to whisper that word and it came out in broken bits, yet that was enough to bring out a strange power.

Suddenly, I knew how my body was meant to move and I also came to know that I could control it merely by my will, to test the knowledge I tried to stand up with difficulty. Even as I gained some control, my body was still weighted down by my soaked clothes, making me walk awkwardly in the heavy rain.

As for where I was going, I'm too lost to know...

AliceShiki likes this.
  15. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Well, I don't think quite so. I believe I've led a fairly easy life."

At the very least, that is what Etum thought. While he was stuck in a situation where he knows nothing, so far, everything has been smooth-sailing. No misfortune befell on him or on his surroundings. Nothing bad happened, actually, only fortunes happened. For instance, it could be said that he made a few friends and that he is living comfortably.
    Once the plate arrived in front of him, Etum thoughtlessly handled the cutlery and began to eat. He did not think much of it, there was a need to eat, and so he ate. That was all there was about it.
    For a few seconds, his gaze froze on Moon as he slowly processed what she was saying. Slowly returning to his senses, Etum cleared his throat and replied to her question.

"Well, it tastes good enough, I guess it's worth its price? But that's about it. As long as my stomach is full, I am satisfied."

AliceShiki likes this.
  16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    "But isn't being a giant tough? Must be hard to get enough food for yourself... And you can't even fly to the top of trees to get a fruit...

"I wonder how many fruits you'd need to eat for a day... Must be a lot..."
    "Soft and yummy!"

Naraku likes this.
  17. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    "I don't think you quite understand what I meant... Ilya, we aren't giants.. You're just tiny. We are considered normal size."
    Moon happily continued to dip her bread in the stew, and once she was finished Moon leaned back and stretched.

"Ahh... I'm stuffed."

Moon glanced at the clock on the wall. She wasn't sure how she knew how to read it, all she know was...

"OH MY GOD WE'RE LATE! ETUM WE. ARE. LATE!"

Moon quickly got up and paused only to gently pick Ilya up.

"Hang onto me Ilya, this is gonna be a fast ride."

Moon quickly raced out of the tavern and through the busy streets and traffic before finally stopping in front of a very angry butcher.

@Naraku

AliceShiki, Siostar and Naraku like this.
  18. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "That's pretty simple, I don't eat fruits, but meat instead."
    For instance, it's easier to find an animal to eat than fruits to eat. Or at least, it's difficult if you do not know what is poisonous and what is not. It is preferable not to touch.

"And in all honesty, it depends. I don't think I eat much. Perhaps a bit less than the average person."
    It was, more or less, a habit. Through this talk, Etum discovered something else. He never was a heavy eater, rather than that, he tended to eat the minimum to work properly? Good but useless to know.
    "Are... we?"
    For sure, they had to arrive in the morning, but when exactly in the morning? A sigh escaped Etum's mouth as he let the money to pay for the meal on the table. That should be enough. what to do with... Ilya? Was it? In any case. Whatever, let's not think about it and just bring her along. And well, leaving her alone was definitively a terrible idea considering her lack of common sens-- wait, not exactly sense. More like common knowledge. Aside from that, she is akin to a child. Is it a good idea to bring Illya to the butcher's though? Let's not think about that either.

At some point, Etum noticed that Moon already picked up Ilya and so didn't need to think about it anymore.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  19. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    By the time Moon had gotten to the butcher shop the grumpy old man had already set up and was working on a pig. He chopped its feet off right at the hoof, then proceeded to cut the poor thing open starting at it's throat and moved all the way down it's stomach to the very end. After that he had taken everything out of the poor animal and sorted them. Then he cut a single layer from the boar. It looked like he had separated the skin from the fat underneath. After that he easily pulled, careful not to rip anything. The skin then came clean and the butcher hung it on a leg he had nailed to the wall. The butcher then cut the meat into sections and placed them in different bins. He grunted at Moon and simply pointed to another boar that was on a table in the corner.

"Copy what I just did. If you make any mistakes you're paying for it."

Moon gulped and gently took Ilya and placed her on a chair next to the work table. At this moment she was glad the little fairy couldn't see the horror of what Moon was about to do.

"Wait here for a sec Ilya, don't try to fly anywhere since I don't want you to hurt yourself."

Moon then proceeded to copy exactly what she had seen the butcher do. Although when it came to the skin peeling... Moon had ripped it in multiple places. She cringed every time she saw the skin rip and fling away. Eventually she got it off, but the skin was hardly worth anything now. No. It really wasn't worth anything. Moon sighed at her defeat.

@Naraku

@AliceShiki

Naraku likes this.
  20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    "Mmmmmm... But I'm pretty sure I knew plenty of Ilya-sized people... You sure you two aren't the weird ones?" *tilts head*
    "Isn't that kinda gross? Like... Eating your own arm or something? Would it even regrow later?

"And like, wouldn't it hurt too? It seems like a bad idea overall...

"I think eating a fruit makes more sense!" *smug face*
    o.0

"Wahaaa, so fast~"
    "Such weird noises those were, I wonder what he was doing~"
    "Muuuuuu... But sitting around is boring..." *pouts*

Naraku likes this.