LCD The Healer Demands Payment!

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jul 30, 2020.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Her master really didn't hold back when it came to helping her out. I wonder what kind of rampage he went on after she was killed.

2. 5d100

5d100 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This will probably come back up later. Some of the people still have their memories from that timeline IIRC.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what reason she'll have for joining the competition.

"It was best if…he couldn’t pay back in this lifetime." lol. He sounds like a total free loader ;)

4. 5d100

5d100 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He figures that, "if I keep delaying the payment, I will have to stay next to her. Yes... That's what I will do" because he knows that as soon as he pays her back, she's going to dump his butt at the nearest pet shop and run off.

Su Jin likes this.
  5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't remember if there was going to be a tournament at the conference, but this feels like the start of a tournament arc.

6. Su Jin

Su Jin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a conference is going to happen. something absurd is about to happen she is drunk in 'beyond heaven' and "someone" helps her ....

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like it might cause problems if the MC asks the brother about his sister.

That aside, I really expected the cliffhanger to be something like her blurting out, "Master, I finally found you" and then passing out.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if she'll remember this later. Also curious if he'll send those spirit stones to her.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Meng Qi loves that little white tiger and treats him very" lol. I wonder if his lord is blushing ;)

Also curious how long he'll be allowed to think that his lord is his lord's son before the misunderstanding gets cleared up.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like its time for her to shine. I wonder how much she'll charge the future alliance head, or if she'll charge the victims directly. If so, I wonder if she'll be as blatant in her gender discrimination now that she's so far from her sect ;)

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would he exchange a sword skill for a medical skill? I'm sure the MC would prefer something related to medicine far more. I wonder if she'll be able to convince him to switch it for that Great Illusion Powder recipe.

"How dared he did that to the future Demon Queen?" To be fair, he doesn't know that that's who she is. Heck, even she doesn't know ;)

12. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My read is that he offered the sword skill because it's useful with the weapon of a Medical Cultivator ("the Medical Knife"), but there is also an implication that Meng Qi does find it has some interest because it can help her cultivate higher quicker (sure, she has the "burn Spirit Stones" method, but a more normal technique would presumably mean that her Spirit Stone investment would go further) wrong.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol. This Xue Chengxuan really knows how to tempt her ;)

Wasn't it just a combat skill? How would that improve her cultivation speed?

14. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    I misread, the relevant paragraph actually said it wouldn't be of any use to her.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC never actually shared the proper method with her did she? Or is she just pretending she knows and assuming everything will work out with only the limited amount of information she has about the MC's cure and her own failure?

16. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she's expecting to get away with her rewards before anyone catches on.

The fact that her "Master" is with her is suspicious too (did her "Master" from the sect disappear with her, or might this be someone else)?

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    As I recall, she fled under suspicion of consorting with demonic cultivators. Of course, this by itself isn't necessarily a problem, but considering that they were at war with the Red Fox Clan at the time, and she felt the need to flee over it, there's a decent chance that her companion is a red fox.

emilia likes this.
  18. emilia

emilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That makes a lot of sense.

New reader here. This novel is a gem. The MC's indifference to her unwanted "harem" is awesome. :aww:

jacobpaige likes this.
  19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if it would be worth making the next grade up of Beiming pills. She should be able to do it now, but I'm not sure that they could bring in even one 9th grade stone.

Though, ultimately, it probably won't matter. I'm sure Xiao Qi will be happy to buy it for her if she can't manage it herself ;)

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    “…how many?!” Even when you see it coming from a thousand miles away its still funny ;)

I wonder if he'll pay up, try to kill them all, or turn her over to them to work off her debt. The last one seems really unlikely, but things haven't exactly been going Lu Qingran's way lately..