Discussion In your opinion in the next 10 years which industry do you think is more likely to surpass anime?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Deelephine, Nov 4, 2020.

?

if you were to choose in your opinion in the next 10 years which industry do you think is more like

1. aeni

2. donghua

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With how things are going, we are going to be lucky if we have a functioning society in 10 years and not end up like Venezuela. with over 90% extreme poverty and the consequences at the expense of the corrupt.
    Not to mention anime industry.

2. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice bait. Too bad someone actually fell for it.

3. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree to this, usually time or budget constraint causes the studio to outsource which is the case in those bad doodle animation that we sometimes get. (or so I heard) I think this especially applies to those long weekly(?) series where they need to put out an episode everytime whether they are ready or not.

Fran.2424 likes this.
  4. Mewrei

Mewrei Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe chinese animations make more money because of how they go about releasing there animations.(this might be every educational to those outside the donghua community that think donghua works the same way as anime) 1st off donghua is produced mainly for digital consumption so no need to worry about tv deadline dates. That means that ch animation studios can take there time and release episodes whenever and can focus on the quailty of the animation (whoever said that mo dao zu shi is the best quailty animated series is extremely wrong, it is just the best animated mainstream series that reach anime viewers) Now sites like billibilli and tencent have paywalls after certain episodes meaning that all those fans are going to have to PAY to continue watching. Now a portion of that goes to the animation studios(similar too how you have to pay for manhua&manhwa) now if you add up the money they get from the paywall and the licensing& distribution fee's you get a decent amount of money. So I don't think calculating the money that comes out if the industry is the best way to rank them.

I do also believe that donghua has come far and you can find some EXTREMELY interesting stories away from the mainstream stuff that anime viewers get to see. (honestly donghua's situation is quite similar to when people used to say bad suff about anime without actually getting into the medium)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    Dr_H_16 likes this.
  5. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Thinking donghua. They seem to be able to make animations at a faster rate. And since cdramas already have voice actors/actresses; there won't be an issue in that department either. They also make 3d animations of multiple series already too which have sequels even so definitely think they have the chance.

Koreans seem to be really in a love-hate relationship with animation (like specifically japanese anime they love demon slayer & detective conan but hate how japanese stuff offend them) But they don't put out animations about their own culture and stories besides the little kiddo ones like the penguin guy (I forgot his name poro?).
    Like I thought they would start few years back, since if I remember Korean studio worked on avatar the last airbender... and one was involved with Miraculous Ladybug... and then I saw some backlash on like a snow white retelling movie.....
    But Koreans seem to only focus on kdramas and movies. There aren't many voice actors/actresses and they are pretty selective on them..since they seem to prefer getting a popular idol/celeb to do them..
    To add, I thought Koreans would take the chance to do Tower of God & Noblesse animation but instead it's the Japanese; so I feel like they missed their opportunity on those two series.

6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    surpase on what sense? influence or money size? those 2 quite different albeit intertwine each other~

both china and korea not lack on animator~ japan frequently hire animator from those two country for anime production~

donghua imo lack of directors, the flow of story hmm animation feel lil bit off

aeni actually focus more toward children stuff, at least based on popular stuff~ you know most popular animation from aeni? Pororo and Tayo~ there also bunch of other children animation, be it 3d or 2d~ as for adult and teen south korea already have kpop and kdrama so nah imo aeni will focus on children animation~

other stuff to consider other entertainment media to support animation or how animation support other media~ anime have close tie with manga, LN, games industry oh also music~ how many of you know or interested toward manga, LN, games and music after watching anime? now compare it with donghua and aeni~ imo the comparison is far off~ this aspect still greatly lacking on donghua and aeni~ anime imo not stand alone industry, it support and supported by other media~ donghua and aeni nah~ still long way to go~

Dr_H_16 and Sabruness like this.
  7. Deelephine

Deelephine New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean surpass in influence

I know that I became interested in a manhua after watching a donghua I enjoyed yes. As for aeni they adapt more games than anything into animation when there not making kids stuff like elsword for example.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  8. artix003

artix003 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there's a lot of good chinese novels to adapt from BUT there are only limited good chinese artists to make the source cn manga same with animation they just don't have enough talent to make anything good. Now korean have some very good sources of manwha; still not a lot but good enough to compete as for animation to make them nope nothing good enough for it.

Only way anime can tank is when its saturated recycle of cliched stories for the next 10 years and korean animation gets good enough

9. Grerutin

Grerutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I definitely don't think aeni will.

Korea already does loads of animation, but I only know korean animation from western shows? Where a western company will storyboard a cartoon or animated show, and then send it to korea for them to do in-between frames.

I don't know if that industry would shift from doing other countries' outsourced frames, to creating original korean animation.

10. Dede657

Dede657 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had to make an account just to reply to this-

I believe someone said this before but korea is developing an industry of its own with webtoons like"for the sake of sita,yumi celss,and nano list " getting adaptations. Its not a matter of time before aeni catches up considering 10 years is a lot of time.

--my vote goes to aeni

11. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't watched an anime or any movie in quite a while. My TV has been unplugged for over 2 years. So I have no opinions. Anyway...
    I came across this youtube essay and it seemed relevant, so I'll leave it here.

12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    accented cinema focus on china movie industry, it fun to watch~ if you like stuff like that this cat recommend Good Bad Flick channel which focus on hollywood general and B grade movies~

South Korea have online games tradition more than animation indeed~ the effect of raising auidence toward source of animation story on donghua still far off compare to anime if we talk about influence~ as donghua gain more popularity maybe it on some level of anime influence~ donghua still on early phase to entertainment industry integration~ that cuz japan entertainment really close knit together~ on local stage, ln to manga to anime or any stage to another kinda more frequent~ donghua.... maybe later so far novel to weebtoon with "slightly" alteration (if I can't say too much from source)

oh btw is there any of you think current pandemic make anime start to wink on international market?
    AniOne, the youtube channel kinda expand on tremendous speed~ from subtitles(back then only raw ver) to binge live watch to other stuff~ maybe Muse Asia success seduce it lol~ sure crunchy and netflix have it own auidence but with YouTube stuff huehehe....

13. FanTranslatorsUnited

FanTranslatorsUnited Member

Reading List:
    Link
    30 billion USD?

Then it is bigger than their movies industry?

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  14. Deleted member 193678

Deleted member 193678 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    If anything western animation has won. They produce more quality work and make more money.
    Anime industry is sick and needs to die. Even Netflix getting into it won’t fix anything.

15. Molen

Molen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CG only based movie/series.

as long as there are no more bad cg...

16. Deelephine

Deelephine New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well donghua has a ton of cgi shows (underline the word shows and not movies)
    donghua ex:

(clip douluo dalu)
    NOw in terms of aeni there are still some cgi there usually movies thou]
    (clip seoul station(movie))
    Now donghua as cgi but not really in an "anime" style if I'm making sense whereas aeni has "anime" style cgi but there bad though this is my opinion

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  17. ShadowMasterT

ShadowMasterT Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    China has the source material and manpower to do so but the company is their downfall. Korea doesn’t have enough manpower and has no investors.

19. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    China has been funding smaller studios and university students to create animation and improve.
    it has been a hit and a miss. some will take the money and churn out crap, while some will improve and become a power house. The studios behind XiaoHei and NeZha are a good example.
    King's Avatar is good, and despite your complaints about cut story or botched animation. They are still developing and finding a way to make good quality on a regular basis.

there was even a university student who made a stop motion animated shorts. using real life settings and adding hand drawn animation to it. making a funny show I liked personally. Kung Fu Rabbit was it called, 2 seasons of short goodies.

20. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Spacex
    Tesla
    Tuime travel machine
    Traditional food
    Environmental technology
    Renewable energy
    And maybe some crazy cool own inventions
    Agriculture vertically
    What's was crazy latest trend
    Usurping rule in unhappy land or war
    Creating more drinkable water
    Taking co2 out of air
    Increasing both polar arctic sides
    Paint cuties white to reflect light and warmth back into space
    Just like now more vaccine companies. Human get so many, earth trying to naturally decimate this overgrowing populace, same with animals, it's mathematical or statistical
    Company from biden or democratic
    Some trump new television or broadcasting channel and party
    Openai
    Delivery company