LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tarrian

Tarrian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Especially the way it was written. The whole touchy feely bit at the end was very much what you'd see in novels or anime that had lovers working together to power up and face a final battle. So damn funny. Haha.

2. Linnette

Linnette Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone with access to advanced chapter tell me?

I read the raw, and it's said that Seol's basic spear technique (thrust) evolved into '기초 창술 - 결缺(입신)'
    It didn't have (入神) modifier with it, unlike his mana, but I assume it's on the divine beginning realm too since it's what comes after EX (at least Seol jumped straight into divine beginning when his mana increased, unlike Sung Shihyun with his half-god mana). What's it translated into in the official translation? Is it just "divine"? Is there no modifier for divine rank when it comes to ability, unlike physical level?

3. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Divine Beginning. Pierce the heavens!

For some reason tho, at that line it felt like Jihu was trying to claim PQ's heavily-guarded virginity. It is Thrust, after all.

The Parasite Queen’s facial muscles trembled as the tip of the spear moved further forward, reaching even the deepest parts of her interior.

Linnette likes this.
  4. Linnette

Linnette Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for that. Though honestly, I think it's kinda weird that it's the only ability that's on the divine rank.

5. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, from what we know about his future harem, I'd say this is a very timely development.

6. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been a bit over two years! There were multiple change of hands, but we still made it in the end!

HOORAH PIPSTER GOD!

I am guessing he'd raise a few others but I don't know which ones.

tkato and Haitaka like this.
  7. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its not over yet though, thankfully even after it ends in a few days we get the side chapters post ending

8. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea korean novels are strange like that. The epilogue is usually a lie and the actual epilogue is in the side stories

9. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Forgot to thank these good people
    @FudgeNouget for taking it this far
    @A_Passing_Wanderer for starting this

Yep I know it hasn't ended...it's just with me reading at this point made me a bit emotional.

I remember back then I was sad at some point because I thought this is going to be like those good novels out there who do not get completely translated.

I remember there weren't many reading this so I decided to start this thread, thinking 'Maybe there will be more readers and then the translation can go on'. And then it became a part of many, some even said it impacted their lives for the good.

Covid or not, it is a good two-year ride!

10. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    That was actually how I knew I was reading a good novel for a while or not. If you were the one that started the discussion post I knew it was going to be good :blobrofl:

11. Eternal Emperor

Eternal Emperor SelfAware-PieceOfShit

Reading List:
    Link
    HOORAH—! LILAC—!

HOORAH, TEDDYBEAR!

HOORAH, EVIL BUTT!
    TING TING TENG TENG FRYING PAN BUTT, HOORAH!:blobparty::blobokhand:

:blob_teary:It hasn’t ended yet but I just need to cry now...:blob_teary:

12. Linnette

Linnette Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Take her, Jihu! Take heeeeeeeer!
    I really want to see an alternative ending where Jihu accepted her offer, and then going on a journey(?) together with PQ to help her exact vengeance on Martial God. Heck, I'll be fine with just a normal crossover between the two novels.

13. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so the author left the door open for something to happen in the future huh. I didn’t read memorize at all though so idk why or how he’d even decide to go fight the other guy

14. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the PQ intended to have Seol inherit her karma by taking her in. I mean, fate pretty much works like the usual tropes in these types of stories. A villainess gets recruited on the MC’s side and becomes part of his harem? He ends up beating her former enemies for her somehow or other, or at the very least shelters her with his own MC halo.

15. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ??? I just meant because he said he wanted to remain human for now meaning in the future he could try to become a god. But then from there I don’t know why if he became a god then he’d go interact with the martial god even if he did become one. Nothing to do with the parasite Queen though I’m just speculating what would happen if he did decide to become a god down the road

16. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m replying to your question of WHY he’d fight the Martial God.

17. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i guess what im trying to say is why hed interact or fight the martial god outside of the parsite queen. cause shes gone and he didnt take her divinity like she wanted, so im assuming if he ever faced the martial god it wouldnt have much to do with the parsite queens will or plan anymore. the only scenario i see where he would now would be because of the cave fairies but that seems like a stretch.

18. Linnette

Linnette Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That apology at the end was really unexpected. Still, I'm happy though. I thought he'd try to pull a prank on someone, but instead he apologized to Seonhwa. I know most people don't like Seonhwa, but honestly, I like her. She's still his first girlfriend after all, and their relationship was quite the deep and long one. Hoping she'll join the harem in the end.

19. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i saw the retirement coming, but im a little surprised he doesnt really plan to return much. i guess he wants to spend time on earth with his family but i feel bad for teresa and flone

20. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm after arriving at the end I could say...
    author inserted himself as Ian Denzel. Man, that's like the second best character out there.

(Sorry all le ladies but our guy here, Ian, was able to do something y'all couldn't. Yes, that includes you Seonhwa)

edit: whooaaaa SS1 is a nuke!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    Eternal Emperor likes this.