Recommendations Looking for good novels with good writing and plot.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by aaachris, Nov 6, 2020.

1. aaachris

aaachris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I put Reverend Insanity in the general cultivation trope novels because mc is damn lucky without rhyme and reason every single time. This kind of novels,the more I read the more I lose interest cause I know the mc will keep finding huge hauls to increase his strength. It's a predictable outcome and less intriguing. I liked peerless martial arts,Battle Through the Heavens, Against the Gods and those sort. But grew out of taste to read those novels again.
    So hoping to find some good novels with good story and writing.

2. Eternal Emperor

Eternal Emperor SelfAware-PieceOfShit

Reading List:
    Link
    I beg to differ... There is rhyme and reason to the MC’s seemingly dumb luck... You’re prolly just not far enough through Reverend Insanity...

Wujigege likes this.
  3. clamityemperor

clamityemperor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I highly suggest reading 'Building Ultimate Fantasy'. it is very well written with a very unique plot. moreover, it is set in the cultivation world.

I recently started a blog about recommending and reviewing light novels, web novels, and fanfics. you can check it out by going to readeronline .net (remove space before .net )

sorry to annoy you.

leo-the-lion-king and Mifried like this.
  4. Fuzed

Fuzed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi there,

If you'd be interested in a relatively new novel with a unique plot, then I'm writing a novel about a world where assassination is legal.

Occidendum

[​IMG]

5. samsarawithwords

samsarawithwords Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My novel is a comedy and satire on novels, anime, and manga. It pokes fun at a lot of those tropes you don't like.

My Pick Up Artist System
    [​IMG] upload_2020-11-9_3-43-30.png

6. ChimeoftheEnd

ChimeoftheEnd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My House of Horrors - Mc actually has to do stuff, and his power grows at a believable pace. His personality is a little inconsistent (Honestly I feel like I don't know the protagonist very well at all because the way the author wrote the protagonist is kind of weird), but overall the story is very good.

The Human Emperor - No the mc isn't a prince, so I don't get the title. But the characters are realistic, the mc isn't a dumbass or a pervert, and the plot is engaging. You should probably skip the war arc though, because you're honestly probably going to drop it if you read 100 chapters of fighting in a row.

Subline Act and 1Sami like this.
  7. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link

Well i think instead of advertisement you should focus on writing more chapters first. I see you around here quite often advertising so i check your novel but then it just have 27 chapters.

For op read these if you want to read Quality CN

1. Lord of Mysteries ( Its number one novel here for a reason)
    2. My House of Horrors ( My personal number one)
    3. Traffords trading club ( Quality of its own)
    4. Release that Witch ( best kingdom building novel here)
    5. Warlock of magus world ( its hit or a miss either you love it or hate it, for me i loved it but magic cultivation)
    6. Way of the Devil ( Same like WMW either you love it or hate it. Mystery is good at the begginning)
    7. Martial Arts Master ( Romance + Action Extremely well written)
    8. 48 Hours a Day. ( very well written arcs)
    9. Throne of Magical Arcana ( Extensive world building )
    10. Cultivation Chat Group ( comedy is awesome + everything else you have read until now becomes trash instantly)
    11. Legend of Sun Knight ( Comedy is gold)
    12. Sage who transcended samsara ( Translator ruined it but still readable and Quality read )

Reverend Insanity was kinda slow and got bored between arcs but it is a quality novel just not the one that suits your taste. Try these above i am 100% certain you will love these looking at your list of novels mentioned you look fairly new to the genre.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    akumetsu_F1 and ianakitten73 like this.
  8. 1Sami

1Sami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Opening a Shop in the Nightmare World is a really good one. The MC has a good personality in my opinion and the side characters actually have personality instead of being 2D. It's labeled as shounen ai but the relationship is never confirmed. It's hinted at but there's no romance in it at all.

Black Butterfly, Where Does the Black Butterfly Go Drink Water is also good. It's shounen ai and the MC is a police detective. It focuses a lot on murder cases and the logic is well thought out.

I Wasn't Born Lucky is good too. This one is yaoi and it's another mystery one. It's a QT and each arc is well thought out. The MC has a bit of a golden finger but he does use his head for most of the story.

9. Fuzed

Fuzed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see no problem with it only having 27 chapters. We all start somewhere and the novel has a 1 chapter/week schedule so the chapters will pile up eventually. But the fact that there are only few chapters doesn't speak about the quality of the story in any way...

10. Arrange

Arrange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it's my bias but, I think I can recommend you "Emperor's Domination". This novel, let's say that it's hot and cold depending on your taste.
    I loved this novel because between cultivation and fighting, it also made cry because I'm a sucker for the immortality trope where MC is the lone survivor. However, the story begins when MC breaks the curse and isn't immortal anymore. This is a long novel so you can take your time to read it.

11. Daresan

Reading List:
    Link
    your logic is flawed specially when reading novels, do you read novel with 1 chapter? are you reading article?. 27 chapters is too less for a story to even progress anywhere anyway its up to you hell you can read 500 words summary if you like and call it a novel but for me at least 100 chapter is needed to get immersed into the story.

i have been seeing the advertisement from way back and the story is progressing at snails pace. what is so wrong to point that out? why do you try to be knight in shinning armor? are you paid by him? if not stfu man.

iDuwei likes this.
  12. aaachris

aaachris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me guess he
    Let me guess,he has all the knowledge from previous life or mother luck favors him only because he's the chosen one

13. Subline Act

Subline Act 『 The Only Son 』Cuddly Being ~

Reading List:
    Link
    I had read 'The Human Emperor' and I also don't get why that is the tittle, mainly because so far I'm at c.1401 tho I certainly agree on the realism of how the human world works.

14. Eternal Emperor

Eternal Emperor SelfAware-PieceOfShit

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah not at all couldn’t be further from the truth lmao:blobokhand:

Wujigege likes this.
  15. Daresan

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol ikr the struggle is real even for readers.

16. KHA2

KHA2 wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    i feel like this is the opposite of what he is asking for. packed with filler and predictable writing

1Sami likes this.
  17. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    In regards to Reverend Insanity, their cultivation style revolves around techniques that utilize a variety of mystical bugs called "Gu" to use techniques. The MC, before the story started, had become an Evil Sect Leader who purposefully went out of his way to develop one of the unique Gu (unique, as in, there can literally only be one of them in existence, or at least the world, at a time), with the supposed powers to turn back time. When he succeeded, EVERYONE wanted it, and hunted him down until he was in a situation where he was forced to use it. Returning to his childhood before he started cultivating, the MC's foreknowledge of events and more mature mindset allows him to take opportunities where he had previously missed them. That said, he's still not lucky, and explanations describing why he's unlucky end up being presented as the story progresses.

Wujigege likes this.
  18. hoppala

hoppala Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    On Reverend Insanity, it is so silly how all the faults of the novels you complain about do not exist.
    The story is a bit misleading so I understand why you might not get it.
    Maybe read the manhua first if you are impatient.
    To me, it is the best novel on here since I do not read yaoi or romance or female lead stories.
    The only story that comes close is Kingdom's Bloodline and that has a glaring fault: Daddy's complex that makes no sense.

The point of Reverend Insanity is fighting against fate or rather bad luck. The protagonist is the most unlucky person alive.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020