Recommendations Item Shop Owner

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by KageTokage, Nov 7, 2020.

1. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want a fantasy shop owner who is actually competent AND works at the shop. No Chinese BS where the owner can't be bothered to work or interact with customers, yet is still somehow successful.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is the synopsis of Never Die Twice:
    Walter Tye is the best friend any adventurer needs. He is the smiling shopkeeper next to your local dungeon, the one who sells you these cheap healing potions. When you need information about a monster, Tye always knows. He wants to help; you can trust him.

He is also the undead necromancer ruling said dungeon, getting paid to solve problems that he caused in the first place. But don't tell anyone that...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This would be the ideal situation I'm looking for in a novel!! Unfortunately, Never Die Twice abandons the store idea REAL QUICK. So I'm not a fan of the story itself.

Please no Fan-fics!!! No selling Thor's Hammer or Iron Man's suit to some shmuck for a couple bucks.

2. Himura Kouen

Himura Kouen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe... " Trafford’s Trading Club "
    Did it count as item shop owner? :blobsweat_2:

Shaiyamine likes this.
  3. M4rcosR3is

M4rcosR3is Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm with you on that.
    I'm super tired of shop related novels where after one or two chapters the guy completes forget about the shop and goes in his super adventure.
    i also don't like when they go too "magic" on administrating a business, is not like in a fantasy-magic world does not exist common people trying to live their lives with some odd and common shops and thus they need to invent a super miraculous magic-like business mode, au contraire that some may think, business is business be it in magic society or not, is not like having magic would complete revolutionary the method of dealing with it outside of some magic related perks like logistics for example.
    so i'm here wanting to stalker the recommendations you got.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    KageTokage, animefan217 and Shio like this.
  4. moneng85

moneng85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is an ad isn't it?

5. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    For what? Never Die Twice didn't follow its synopsis, so what novel am I advertising?

6. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
  7. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
  8. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    The Man Picked Up By the Gods (Reboot) - MC has a laundry shop, but he's got a manager and employees handling the business. He drops by to get the daily reports. However, he's still doing Adventure Guild requests to maintain his status with them, so he travels around.

Parallel World Pharmacy - MC does work at the pharmacy's clinic when he's not dealing with region wide plagues.

animefan217 likes this.
  9. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, I've not read the reboot. How different is it from the original?

10. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    I have not read the original, but it's been asked in the early LCD posts, so check there.

KageTokage likes this.
  11. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/daddy-fantasy-world-restaurant/

the mc does interaction with his customers and knows them all. he also helps them out sometimes but as usual, the system doesn't let him get taken advantage of and his prices has to be reasonable.

he can't sell his food at an affordable price if he's using expensive ingredients right?

animefan217 likes this.
  12. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sort of annoyed with food shop stories right now because of this one CN novel.

The MC keeps going to new places, leaving everyone behind, and then starting up a new shop. Just so the author can do one of those, "Since nobody knows him here, the MC must start face-slapping!" The MC is the one who inspired the, "No Chinese BS where the owner can't be bothered to work or interact with customers, yet is still somehow successful." in my original post.

He's constantly too lazy to explain things to his customers, only to have to come out once they start causing trouble. Why are they causing trouble? Because the MC gave them the cold shoulder instead of properly explaining the rules.

It was the one with a super-powerful, lazy dog that troublemakers keep talking about eating before being crushed by his paw. There is also a cooking assistant robot that I imagine looks like Baymax, but goes full berserk-mode if you break the System's rules. Pretty much every other character can just be forgotten, since they will be left behind anyways.

13. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that's not the novel i posted.

the one you are talking about is probably goumet system in another world. i dropped it too.

14. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I know. I was just trying to say I was taking a break from cooking novels because of a bad experience. But then I ended up ranting.

Sorry about that and thank you for your recommendation! :cookie:

15. cyrusdb

cyrusdb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you tried Black Tech Internet Cafe. i can't really give my opinion since it was the first of that type of novel i have read,

16. Shaiyamine

Shaiyamine Reader of Novels, Slave to the Screen

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep I'm gonna camp here for those type of novels too. I've been searching high and low for those types and I can't seem to find one that satisfies the craving.

Also I prefer the store owner to not be the "hero" but more of a "mob" type character. I think it would be pretty interesting that way because we don't have the usual innovative researcher type plot line that might include politics, or an overarching plot line that might include saving the world.

KageTokage and animefan217 like this.
  17. endel

endel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because I'm a Weapon Shop Uncle
    Opening a Shop in the Nightmare World
    - this is marked BL, but I'm over a 100 chapters in and there has been no romance so far so :blobthinkingsmirk:
    Otherworldly Merchant

18. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
  19. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is Gourmet of Another World.

20. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i like shop novels too but many of them don't stay good sadly.

the isekai restaurant that became an anime last year is probably your best bet

ooo this one is pretty good. OP should try it. he doesn't leave the shop but it does have that "invincible" shop part that he mentions.

yea i know, read it before. thanks