LCD The Lord of the Mysteries

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by tirirism, Jan 18, 2019.

1. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh that. No, as far as I can tell the author just made his volumes end at the end of the volume's story arc. There's usually a significant change between volumes.

2. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. Each volume marks either the end of something very important, or a super hyper escalation of stakes. The latter volumes are wayy more intense compared to the previous ones. So they have less chapters.

3. Deleted member 193678

Deleted member 193678 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    At Vol. 3 right now.
    I don’t get how the Beyonder Conservation Laws explain the church secrets.
    Like why they hide the acting methods, they don’t hide low sequence potions but hide the higher sequence ones.

canaria23 likes this.
  4. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    You have to sign a contract to the church to get the sequence.
    Beyonders are potions themselves, so even if the magical beasts disappears there will still be beyonders

5. Deleted member 193678

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn’t Klein make a big deal about church’s secrets early on? Like he reasoned that the churches should have hidden the low sequence formulas and but release the higher sequence formula so they can hunt the higher sequence ingredients themselves. But the church is doing the opposite.
    After he learned about the Conservation Laws, he thought this explains things. I was not convinced, because it doesn’t make much sense. But after hundreds of chapters, there is no mention about it again. So I guess the laws really explain the church’s secrets in the author’s opinion.

And there is still the matter of the churches hiding the acting method.

6. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's two reasons why, but they are spoilers.

7. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    So I recently saw that chapters keep getting posted "after" volume 1 (1394+8). Wasnt volume 2 supposed to start 2022? Where is the official announcement that the story is on a break until that time?

8. Deleted member 193678

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, aren't they just the after-stories?

9. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no clue, they dont feel like it.

EDIT: Found an earlier post that they "are" more sidestories.

Cuttlefish: Because, this current series of side story chapters, rather than just being a side story, it's more like a crucial "video game dungeon" that the second book (characters) has to experience. Kind of like that. (Wind: remember Cuttlefish stated on QQ that this side story is a dreamscape battlefield between LOTM Klein and Original LOTM? That would make this "dimension" being a "dungeon" that Book 2 Characters will have to "enter" eventually, maybe even Tarot Club members. To help LOTM Klein beat the "dungeon" ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  10. yogesh12

yogesh12 Hater of Generic Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw Cuttlefish's new novel is out on qidian. Description or should I say some info by my friend rhadoko is below
    长夜余火 - meaning that in a world that's shrouded by darkness, there is a small fire that refuses to be extinguished, probably signifying the undying hope of humanity
    though this is just my assumption after reading the first 2 chapters and the description, cuttlefish can take the piss and make 余火 into an item or skill, kinda like the embers from dark souls
    as for the title, The Long Night's Eternal Flame / Everflame of the Long Night or a very liberal translation, Humanity's Eternal/Undying Hope

Sea Dog, LordBS and blanc2732 like this.
  11. AbsoluteNothingness

AbsoluteNothingness Lumen De Aurora

Reading List:
    Link
    A Remnant Flame in the Eternal Night

12. RainMorga

RainMorga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bookmark Ch 486

The author seems to make the MC speculate theories in one chapter then in later chapters the MC will use those theories as facts.

13. nothing of the sort

nothing of the sort Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh I can't wait until 2022 I need to know all that's about the cosmos the author made it to be really mysterious... I'm literally craving the follow up to LOTM :'(

14. prasantbagale

prasantbagale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.dragneelclub.com/lord-of-the-mysteries-authors-new-book-is-now-online/
    You should check this article.

15. songweiming01

songweiming01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would be great if this new novel get translated into EN.

16. bubba37

bubba37 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. zcorpio

zcorpio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well. According to translator, first 20 chapters of new book will release this Friday on Webnovel.

Sircus, Cream, zenorth and 1 other person like this.
  18. zcorpio

zcorpio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dessert likes this.
  19. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    Excerpt from chapter 1430

—End of the first Installment of the Lord of the Mysteries trilogy—

=================

This chapter is in a way the prologue to the second installment of the LOTM trilogy which will happen about 2 years from now when Cuttlefish’s new book—Embers Ad Infinitum—ends!

Advertising his book! Be prepared for a well-thought out and detailed apocalyptic, cyberpunk world with a setting superseding Lord of the Mysteries!

Take note that the beginning of the story is slow (maybe even slower) like LOTM, but make sure to unlock all available chapters with COINS so that the book is continued! Otherwise, it will be dropped in Trial Reads! Have faith in Cuttlefish! Also, please continue supporting Cuttlefish by unlocking chapters in Coins even if it’s continued!

Synopsis below:

Our protagonist, Shang Jianyao, is crazy—literally crazy, at least that’s what the doctors said. Living in a huge, underground building of Pangu Biology, one of the few remaining factions in this apocalyptic wasteland known as the Ashlands, he acts in unfathomable ways that’s head-scratching, comical, and shrewd. So is he really crazy? Probably.

He has a grand dream: to save all of humanity. Intricately tied to this dream is something everyone in the Ashlands believes in: Deep in a particular ruin buried away by danger and famine, a path leading to a new world awaits. To step into the new world, one only needs to find a special key and open that certain door. There, the land is bountiful, as if milk and honey flows freely. The sunlight is dazzling, as if all coldness and darkness are washed away. The people will no longer have to face desolation, monsters, infections, mutations, and all kinds of dangers. There, children are joyous, adults are happy, everything is fine as they are supposed to be.

Every Antiquarian, Ruin Hunter, and Historian roaming the Ashlands knows: That’s the New World.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  20. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will Embers Ad Infinitum be running when lotm 2 will be out?