Spoiler The Viridescent Crown

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Deleted member 262282, Oct 29, 2020.

1. riris

riris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I ask who is 2ML? it's a bodyguard with light brown haired or knight comander with black hair? I just confused by their name in manhwa and this novel. Or it's another guy?

2. kabocha_crisp

kabocha_crisp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    According to the manwha panels, it's a different guy.
    Apparently, he may be a slave? And originally it was ML who was supposed to find him and save him from slavery but I suppose MC is trying to speed things up and use him as insurance in order to protect herself??

3. riris

riris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you ...
    I thought bodyguard or knight was confusing me, bc being called as bodyguard I thought brown haired or black haired one. Ugh ... I came to know why he was called ungrateful or hated. I thought he was ungrateful for being saved as a slave.

4. ShiraYuuKii

ShiraYuuKii The little wild flower ~

Reading List:
    Link
    reminded me of raised an obsessive servant novel... death is the only ending also has this same pull...

Yukina_Yuki, Wr3n, Gothita and 3 others like this.
  5. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hes not a dog...hes a human

"Haha right dumb slaves should know there place and not even think of themselves as equals. Ungrateful peasents should be worshipping the ground I walk on

How dare a slave not devote themselves to their master fully. Wait. Did shield hero lie to me???? Does that mean if i buy a slave they won't only devote themselves loyally to me. Wtf no slave waifu????"

Sis I understand that thinking from the people in the novel. But we live in a modern era. Far too many people seem to see slaves as not people even in our times

Frankly I think all these stories that fetishiize slavery and make them fall on love with there masters has messed up our brains. That is not normal and should not happen. At all.

And he did help her. He only fell in love with someone else. And unfortunately the one time he didnt help was tragic for her. I don't think he knew what woould happen to her

You can not expect a person to fall in love in with you even if you did save/help them. That's entitlement and can lead to dangerous acts.

6. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Excuse me what is the meaning of a bodyguard when I can't even trust him or depend on him for my safety and what if she really end up in such a horrible way remember u will be one of them against him and likewise he will be thrown in hell by her people for not performing his duties honestly and obviously I m not the one who asked him to fall in love with fl but actually he himself falls in love with fl first but she refused him but still kind to him every time and most importantly trusted him as her bodyguard one thing I don't like how he can relieve a girl who is still safe no one harming her but just because she is shouting out of scared he have to attend her but not the one who really need his help who get dragged infront of him where is his senses even a mere human also get drowned to help a drowning person in such a situation and here is his duty to protect her at every cost yes one thing that still doesn't change in this world even if u r in modern era or old era is treatment towards womens still today many women facing many kind of unfair treatments and their is still people who rather blame women for that in such situations ran will obviously a loser if really something happens to her because of someone's negligence and about slavery thing what u r exactly thinking that if owners are not kind they can't throw the slave back to the slavery since it's a one type of business in old days and nobles there also supporting it and many people with their own consent throw themselves for money and most importantly when u r reading old era related novel then slavery is always a part of the story so plz throw your self righteousness fight for slavery with ur modern era thought since u can't change old days and I m only following that mechanism and want punishment for neglecting person like him who can risk a women's life because I m a biased person who always supports a women's dignity and safety first. But story wise it's all author work thanks to destroy 2nd ml's character since his popularity immensely increased in fans more than ml since he helped mc many times when he is in love with her so suddenly all his character fall down by author to support ml and fl couple by making 2ml a love sick man who suddenly realized he is in love with that women to whom he didn't even spent a good amount of time I can feel sorry 4 his character destruction but not going to support his actions to not save fl in most crucial time and hope this fight stop here for everyone's good bye

7. riris

riris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah yes that's right, sorry don't misunderstand what I mean. I don't know if my words created a misunderstanding. It's not like I offended or led like you meant, neither. Even I didn't think that way. I just wonder who the 2ML rumors are? and I'm confused why 2ML is disliked, that's all. Maybe my English wasn't good enough when I said what I meant before and created a misunderstanding

RaiLi likes this.
  8. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried creating a spoiler index for another thread without a success. How do I exactly go about doing this?
    (1) Open spoiler forum
    (2) Open thread
    (3) Create a new post and tag spoiler Curator?

9. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Please write in paragraphs. I'm really trying to understand what your saying. I'm for women rights too. But you can't expect women rights in an eras era where the selling and buying of slaves is still allowed. And did he know what would would happen to her? He freaked out and went to the person he like when she was in danger. Was it irresponsible, yes. Should he be doomed to a life of misery? No. Just fire him as your a regular bodyguard

That's legit what all MLs do when the Mcs are.in danger. They don't give about about what might happen to anyone else. We just saw it happen to someone who wasnt the MC

Were the one he abandoned the other girl to go to the MC no one would care

And this novel dosent take place in an old era. So I don't know why your bringing up the "it was a different time argument"

Sorry. I misunderstood.

Khadz, CottonKey, miso_soup and 7 others like this.
  10. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no meaning to talk to you about slavery or era since i find u very naive in this since u can't understand people rage or itself the situations on which people are venting and which era it is where all magical creatures or magics appeared obviously it's in different dimensions but it adapted in old era form let it go I know some people like to sympathize support characters than main characters to show they're acting all fair but the most who r angry here on 2nd ml not because he didn't favour fl but put ones life in risk but again u let it go ,if u don't understand my post then plz don't get bother with it.

11. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll just pretend to agree with you because I literally can not understand what you're trying to say. Pls use paragraphs

CottonKey, miso_soup and vionysus like this.
  12. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    it seems like the 2nd male lead (if he is) still has the prisoner mindset. He doesn't know the feeling of gratitude and mistake this as feelings of love. It reminds me of the citizens of Mereen (from game of thrones story), they just don't know how to respond with Daenerys (also Daenerys doesn't know what to do with them when they were freed). In turn it makes the mc not the best person to hold the reigns. He is unpredictable. But I have to read this again and again in order to understand the feeling of the author. If you ask me this single event is like foreshadowing for future plot spoiled here already. If the author really planned that eventual plot from earlier on then s/he is genius. I wanna see other more styles. Don't mind me this is my opinion atm as I mtl this.

CottonKey, tisifone21 and kawaii12345 like this.
  13. kabocha_crisp

Reading List:
    Link
    So fun news about the gross cousin who tried to rape our MC! :blobthinkingsmirk:
    MC, being a sweet little gem, didn't want to execute the cousin, even though what he was trying to do was pretty heinous. She just wanted him expelled from the lands. Later, ML told MC that the cousin was at a gambling hall and it somehow led to a violent incident where his throat was split and his genitals cut off. What our ML left out was that HE was the one that planned the events that led to the cousin to be at that gambling hall for his 'untimely' death. :blobcozy: MC threatens the Uncle somehow and, presumably, he won't make another appearance.
    While I don't appreciate the lie, our ML is quite a good protector for our MC:aww:

14. roseO

roseO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just found out that the same author wrote I Belong To House Castielo (which I personally can't stand to read), so I'm very worried that the story will go downhill despite starting out relatively mild. Also because of what we already know about how MC could potentially go through some really dark sh*t that her useless guard/2d ML:sick: did not prevent. If someone managed to finish the modified novel, can you please tell if the story becomes an angsty mess? I'm also really curious about Sina's role in the story, both in the original novel and the present.

Thank you very much for the spoilers MichinGae!

15. Corunee

Corunee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that trope has already been answered many times on previous pages

16. roseO

roseO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. Everything's going great in the manwha (it's a very feel-good read), I just need to know how nasty is the surprise ahead taking into consideration that the original novel was modified. I don't think that what we have read so far is angsty at all (example: ML's abuse is not narrated in a way that makes the reader dive into his suffering), so I do want to know if angst is going to be a big theme here. We know which events are coming, I just don't know what the vibe/feeling of the story is going to be in the future.

After reading again my comment, I see that I didn't express myself well so I apologize for sounding as if I was asking something that was already answered.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    honeybuttertoast and Tobbit like this.
  17. riris

riris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that's okay, I think misunderstandings happen a lot and it's natural. if it happens just explain to each other to solve it. and thanks for reminding me I hope all can continue to enjoy reading this story

18. afelice

afelice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I opened the extra stories (4 chapters, 3 chap about Yustaf's character developments and 1 chap about Lumie(?) & Sina)

The story expanded Yustaf's side after Ran's change of behavior. Ran started to join him in classes (to prevent the tutor from harming the boy), offered snacks (the cookies got thrown outside the window...), and asked Yustaf to accompany her for a walk. Yustaf responded Ran with cold demeanor but he was confused inside :blobjoy:
    , and he was wary about his step mother (he thought that Ran will said bad things about him after all of the rejections)

Ran helped him to pack his belongings when he went to the academy and told him to write letters. Yustaf thought that going to the academy will lead to more peaceful life for him (the previous heirs' education was fully taught by tutors), and he tried to mingle with the other students. Most of his peers were curious about Lanchia, and Yustaf face a new pressure. His friends were talking about their own land (and their specialty like beautiful greenery, harvest, etc) while Yustaf had a difficulty to speak about his hometown. To make it worst, he is practically penniless.

Yustaf never write a letter, but Ran always wrote to him, and she told the details in the household plus she gave some money after she learned that their parents never gave Yustaf pocket money. Yustaf never replied the letters, but henwondered how Ran got the money. Yustaf also worked as a librarian in the academy when holiday season came, he never returned to Lanchia even though Ran asked him to go home. Yustaf even hid from Ran, when the girl visit him in the academy. Ran left a letter of resentment lol, but the next letters were normal like usual.

The next part of the story is when Yustaf found Ran in the balcony. She was drunk. They talked and banter, and Yustaf asked if Ran likes Lanchia. Ran answered : not much. Yustaf felt glad that Ran gave him an honest answer, and wondered how long will Ran stayed by his side

To be honest, I got a headache because I know nothing at all about Lumie(?) And Sina :blobjoy:, but I got the same feeling like when I opened that extra chapter in Crimson Karma...

Korea.
    A student named Louis attended a prestigious school and contemplating about "his previous life" as a gladiator. Apparently his memories return when he was 6 years old and his mother offered him to move to Korea go get counseling (his parents is a russian-korean couple).

Louis continued his life without problem, the best thing about being a half russian-korean was his good looks, and job offers often came to him. His grades were good, too. Well, he didn't date anyone, though.. Because he missed Sina. He knew that Sina also returned to this world from Lanchia (he actually stalked her). Now Louis made his way to met her.

Good, Sina also has her isekai memories intact, so she immediately recognize "Lumie" who approach her in the road. She started sobbing and Louis brought her to a cafe so they can talk. They talked about Lanchia and Sina wished for Ran's happiness. Louis asked how long she returned from "that world", and Sina replied that she just returned for 3 months, and she is an office worker by now.

Sina was shocked when she found out that Louis was a college student. Their meeting ended and Louis tooke her to her apartment, and they kissed. So, it's safe to assume that both of them continue their relationship in this world lol. Happy end for this two...

Sxypia, cutynight, szvdy and 64 others like this.
  19. kabocha_crisp

Reading List:
    Link
    Its always so refreshing to hear the MC's side of the story! :aww::aww: In the manwha, he really is a person of few words. Also, I get it - he doesn't know who to trust. If Ran hadn't become 'new Ran', the road to taking back his lands and even maintaining it after his evil uncle and other relatives abused it, man what a road :blobdizzy: His own parents - well, his dad - didn't even do the bare minimal - given how wrapped up he was in his 'new family'. :blobangery: I know it's important to 'toughen' him up as the next Duke but it's really not a wonder why this kid is so resistant to Ran. Would you say it's during the ball or before that he really viewed Ran as someone that he /wanted/ by his side?

20. Gothita

Gothita Alive...

Reading List:
    Link
    Me when I was reading manhwa Ch 32:
    [​IMG]
    Me: So fluffy~

After reading 32:
    "Uwaaaa~~~ I wanna know what happens next..."
    [​IMG]
    "Here I come NU~"
    [​IMG]

After reading 1st page of NU:
    [​IMG]

"No... It must be a misunderstanding..."

[​IMG]

2nd page:
    Me: "Ra-rapeeeeee????!!!!!!!!"
    [​IMG]

After reading 1st comments in NU
    30 minutes later...
    [​IMG]
    Everything in this world isn't fluffy...

After reading all of the pages :

Me: "there is hope!"
    [​IMG]

After every thing great old gandalf...
    [​IMG]
    Me:
    [​IMG]
    "Let's just wait patiently for the manhua...
    I ain't listening to any gandalf. Fluffy story... It's gonna be a fluffy story(Chanting x100)"

I don't care if it is a dark story unless it goes to extreme situations like Rape(I only want the ML to touch her:love::barefoot::blobcatblush::blobcat_hyper:) and all. As long as the ml is the one who saves her and they get a happy ending... I am happy as a fan~