Discussion aNY NOVEL that made you genuinely angry?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by FIEND, Nov 3, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    The entire story of bookworld online swamp man made me wanna burn that shit, mix it in shit and stuff it down the authors throat

same with beginning after the end. ill abort this author

Nagisa11 and qpzmal like this.
  2. schrodingers mushroom

schrodingers mushroom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All the cliché martial novels and mangas i want them burn in hell

MentallyFake and qpzmal like this.
  3. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I don't know if this is a novel, but there's "The Emperor's Companion".

I'm normally against dropping a manhwa before getting into the meat of it, but by golly, I just couldn't make it past the first few chapters. Quick synopsis: The MC died and reincarnated as a saintess or something that's been sleeping for a long time. The Emperor is a yandere that's obsessed with her for an unknown (as of yet) reason. His very first interaction with her is him forcing a kiss and then trying to murder a group of knights because they wouldn't let him near her. And THEN when she wakes up later he chokes out her sibling (whom she declares she'd protect and support in this lifetime btw).

This wouldn't be so frustrating if she didn't get distracted by his looks in the middle of chewing him out for attempted murder. And this happened A LOT. Like, ma'am grow a spine or something he literally just assaulted your brother who you just swore to live alongside and protect with his only justification that "he knew he could handle it". It just annoyed me so much I couldn't go on. Maybe it gets better, but that was it for me.

Nagisa11, FIEND and Diametric like this.
  4. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    ATG. I know that is it not a good novel. When I first got into it, I knew what to expect from the author - competent MC, asura+element master power set and a large harem. Heck, it was the reason why I started ATG in the first place. I wanted something like that at that time. First few hundred chapters ATG delivered just that, but then everything begun to slowly change. MC got dumber and dumber, characters more annoying and the plot.... can't think of anything which could describe what it is now without getting banned.
    I could stomach 10 tournament arcs and even Dragon related beauty getting pregnant and disappearing for hundreds of chapters with MC thinking that she is dead, which happened TWICE, but "abortion punch" and XQ are.... just horrible. Just the fact that a heroine (some people even call her the main heroine) fully knowing and with her own free will agrees to marry some random stranger so that stranger could essentially NTR her mother from her father...That is just disgusting...

FIEND and Delerator like this.
  5. Nanashy

Nanashy Scarybun of Horror

Reading List:
    Link
    No one has mentioned one of the classics: "My fiance is in love with my little sister"

FIEND and Baldingere like this.
  6. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who made me a kings daughter and beatrice make we want to lobotomize myself

ch4i, FIEND and Furiae19 like this.
  7. Furiae19

Furiae19 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still traumatized by the spoiler thread of They Say i was born a King's daughter :blobconfounded: What the hell was the author smoking when he wrote the final chapters of his novel ?! :notlikeblob:

FIEND and theilikepie like this.
  8. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not really angry, but WDQK was honestly the novel the frustrated me the most.

every arc is basically the same. MC doesn't want to kill people because XX is YY son/grandson. so he lets him off. XX will come back over and over again to attack MC, bring his guards/family even if he doesn't die (whats the difference?) and then get the MC so injured he has to hide and heal. and then they hunt him, find his horse, beat his horse (yes. his horse) , and finally mc gets angry and kills them all.

oh and then theres the cockroach enemy that is even more fustrating. that guy died and came back to life. WTF. i read over 1000 chapters of this trash.

then there's also

AWE's ending which sucked hard

RI's bullshit about Ji. i got tired of how it was so obvious that the author was constantly trying to defend and brainwash readers into thinking that it is actually not bullshit. but later on when he had to reset his cultivation, i was done. also the fact that he actually died in that world, turned into a monster or something and escaped when everyone else could not and it was never mentioned or addressed ever again made me wonder why i was reading it.

then there is also TTNH and all of this author works.

basically guy meets girl. guy has cheat. girl is genius. granny from 9999999999 highest realm somehow decides to take a vacation in the lowest realm where birds don't even shit and sees the girl. takes the girl away.
    and then 99999999 chapters later, mc who has cheat. yes he has cheat. all of his MC has cheats.
    fights, claws, crawls, cries his way to the girl again.

what do we have here? oh. the girl is stronger than the mc.

fuck this. i really like every other aspect of his novels. i really do. but seriously, this is complete bullshit

FIEND likes this.
  9. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember the title, but this one made me frustrated every time I thought about it for a week after dropping it.

Basically, the mc (female) is childhood friends with this noble dude. She has no interest in romance at all, since she just wants to become a better magician. This guy has a crush on her, so he gets their parents to arrange their marriage without telling her. When he does tell her, she gives a bunch of reasons why they shouldn't (without giving the most obvious "I don't want to" because she's trying to be nice) and he counters them all, and says something like "I knew you would try to give these excuses". Because she doesn't want to just say "I don't want to", she reluctantly goes along with it.

And then when they're engaged, he starts cuddling up to her and making loads of body contact etc.. When she tells him she's not comfortable with that yet, he's says things like "you're my fiancee now, people expect this" and "you've made me wait since I was a child, I can't wait any longer."

And then he pushes the date of the marriage forwards (by years) without telling her. Basically the same conversation as when he first forced their engagement happened.

And then because they're married they have to live together. Their bedrooms in the house are next to each other with a door connecting them. She's says to the maids "this door is kinda intrusive, can you block it up?" And they're all "ofufufu you don't know? Poor [ML's name]" And then forcefully dress her into lingerie and physically push her through the door and lock it behind her.

Then the next day their other friend (male), who has been getting good at sneaking around and other stealthy stuff, makes some "humorous" comments that heavily imply he either snuck into their room or peeked through the window while they did it. That was the final straw which made me drop it.

And all of the above is written in a way as though it's natural and romantic for the ML act this way. The only reason I got so far is because the main plot was really good and I liked the mc's character, which made it all the more frustrating that the romance was so off putting.

After that experience I basically don't read any novels with female mc and romance.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  10. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    When author whitewashing rapist, douchebag and murderer ML and justice him. I feel so urge to scold her.

Also
    When handsome Man killed MC whole family and rape her. Abuse her and imprisoned her, She forgive him cause he is handsome and powerful.
    When ugly ML rape MC, she tortured him, cut his private part and sent him to prison.

I am so angry, there is many novel that I get angry cause of MC and rapist ML. Also get angry cause of author white washing scum, rapist and murderer ML. I feel so urge to destroy this two bitch and rapist.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    FIEND, Jevanka926 and AmethystCherry like this.
  11. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i tried reading some FL novels too. basically every novel i tried is something similar to what you read. it's just sexual harassment. but it's okay cus he's rich, handsome, a prince and super strong.

sadly it's the same irl too and girls love stuff like this. just sucks for you if you're not the rich, handsome dude. this is how messed up society, esp how girls are saying guys are "stalking" them for reading their newsfeed when they post too much on fb that they constantly appear. this got worse in the 2010s when everyone was "checking-in".

what kind of novels are you reading.........i mean..wtF?

FIEND and animefan217 like this.
  12. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say girls like handsome and successful men just as much as men like beautiful and popular girls, but I'm pretty sure there are very few people irl that are actually accepting of sexual harassment and this kind of disregard of personal angency and bounderies in a relationship

rem22, FIEND, Baldingere and 2 others like this.
  13. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol no. the same action can be both harassment, and romatic. actions that are cute, would become childish. and so on.

for example, a guy waiting for the girl he likes outside her school. if she doesn't like him, it's stalking according to people today, but if it's a rich, handsome bad boy in a motorcycle, it's romantic.

Reugros14 and FIEND like this.
  14. Alina Moktan

Reading List:
    Link
    Korean novel, Chinese novel with josei and romance genre I use to read it before, not now anymore.
    I only read world hopping with strong MC, non romance now. I am tired of romance.

Ruki-sama and FIEND like this.
  15. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol I feel like you're connecting the world of fiction and reality a bit too much. Both genders prefer overall beautiful and successful people to whatever degree in real life.

rem22 likes this.
  16. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What novel was that?

17. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    A False Confession (webcomic version) - MC is a dumbass and not the cute kind. I mean, literally low IQ with diarrhea of the mouth. For example, she's sent to a war where she knows she has to do a lot of walking. Her roommate, Lily, who is also going starts to exercise daily to prepare. Dumbass MC: "I should've noticed when Lily suddenly started working out..."

No shit, Sherlock! She wouldn't recognize a clue if you stuffed it in her mouth!

She constantly whines about everything, too! I was genuinely angry because the artist's skill is wasted on such a stupid story.

P.S. The webcomic is on hiatus anyway, so I recommend that you don't read it.

FIEND likes this.
  18. Alina Moktan

Reading List:
    Link
    There is many novel like that, for example abandones empress, The Dreamer in the Spring Boudoir, CEO romance, I can't remember title much. They aren't worthy of my attention.

19. Jevanka926

Jevanka926 Grumpy and Awkward <3

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_teary: dropped it after reading the spoilers

Nanashy likes this.
  20. Jevanka926

Jevanka926 Grumpy and Awkward <3

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the translator of The Dreamer in the Spring Boudoir but I don't like the novel lol. CEO romance can be great when the author knows how to write it, but many... make it unbearable I guess?

Like, damn it, that gut dumped you, humiliated you, then raped you, yet you still got the guts to say he loves you?

Alina Moktan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.