Discussion Which do you think is the most anti God Jp,Cn,Kr?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Nodeo Franvier, Nov 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nodeo Franvier

Nodeo Franvier Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which among them you considered most Anti-God,religion?

2. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably Chinese imo. The "if god gets in your way, kill god. If buddha gets in your way, kill budda" thing. Plus I've see a Chinese story contrasting Western and Chinese religion as in the West God is above the ruler but the Emperor is above the gods in China or something.

That being said the bar isn't set that high.

3. RiceHot

RiceHot Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda agree with the above poster. While many Jp and/or Kr novels mention some God/Goddess/ROB/etc, the MC might not always become their enemy and want to topple them, or become a God/Goddess themselves. Whereas most Ch novels have the MC saying the line "If God gets in your way, kill God. If Buddha gets in your way, kill Buddha", and even defeating said God/Goddess, sometimes even taking somewhere from a bit to all of their power/domain/skills/treasure/etc.

pocketbear likes this.
  4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    God, in which meaning and sense? each of them got a different definition for god

c.decora likes this.
  5. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A little correction. The kings are God, not above god. Different mind set. Old chinese people also believe hero are ranked amongst god (like Guan Yu), hence they are more casual about defeating God. In a way it's similar to Greece's way of thinking, where God is not one almighty, but numerous with their own character.

In Chinese: we must be equal or stronger than god.
    In Japan: God is to be lewd-ed
    In Korea: could you sell stuff to God? Otherwise ignore

6. YoriMei

YoriMei (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)

Reading List:
    Link
    stories =/= reality, though you could say Chinese due to the sheer amount of population density because of the size of the country vs the size of Korea/Japan.

if we’re talking stories though, I wouldn’t consider Chinese the most anti-religion because there are usually multiple gods and also the idea of god changes per story because to some, just reaching immortality is enough to be god.

Shio likes this.
  7. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    killing God and buddha is just a saying, to show that they'll fight anyone who opposes them.
    your thinking is similar to saying buddha has no manners because buddha jumps over the wall exists.
    in my opinion, the three stories have different types of gods, hence they can't really be compared.

jp stories have the shinto gods, of which amaterasu leads, they also have those isekai gods who usually have a leader too.
    Chinese stories have taoist gods, buddhist deities and etc... jade emperor is the leader of the taoist gods. even gods can be from cultivation, ascending into godhead by following some path.
    as for Korean stories, I'm not very sure, I have not read enough kr novels to find a common god. but from reading the miniscule number of books, imo Korean stories don't really involve god, and if they do, such entities are evil creatures

tell me if im wrong

edit: oh yeah, about the kings and generals being among the ranks of gods, if im not wrong, martial gods exist in taoism(?)
    perhaps if they are heroic and powerful enough, the ancient Chinese people think that they can become god.
    emperor being god is just something from the old times, not only limited to China, really. Even japan's past emperors were worshiped as god.

c.decora and reagents 11 like this.
  8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone: JP will lewd everything!

RiceHot likes this.
  9. Mantrazz

Mantrazz The Lord Upgrade D Biggest Baddest Spammer Around

Reading List:
    Link
    Highschool DxD fandom

10. Nodeo Franvier

Nodeo Franvier Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, these are not answers I'm expecting at all,Korean novels I have read(Holy emperor grandson/dungeon defense) got ill concealed hatred of God this also include a few japanese novels such as Youjou senki.
    Maybe it just because I don't read many CN novels.

11. RiceHot

RiceHot Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are CN novels where Gods/Deities under the Jade Emperor are villainous, I even remember reading a story where the Buddha himself had become a villain and killed many people including the Monkey King, and his first disciple for gains.

First thing that you have to keep in mind when it comes to any Asian culture, that religion plays a major role, and due to different pantheons, and/or rivalry between gods, (In that religion's mythology), there are followers who are immediately against the opposing God and their followers.

On top of it, atheism is part of the culture, where that particular individual is more connected with spirituality than religion, and dislikes/despises/hates anything related to a religion and/or God. These come out in stories where the God is evil and therefore the MC goes on a journey to defeat him.

12. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    Of all the cultures in the world, China seems to have the most deeply rooted non-god religions/philosophies. Taoism, Buddhism, Confucianism. Each one of which is strictly opposed to anything called a god and focuses on people and/or society instead. Communism went even further of course.

Japan is less anti-god and more agnostic (not against gods, but they don't really believe in them and just do their worship casually).They're generally against God in the sense of a faceless all-knowing all-powerful being that controls everything in the world, though.

From what I've read of Korean stories they lean towards Japan's view of gods in general, but with more of an emphasis on gods/The God being powerless/incompetent or maybe just an inorganic uncaring System.

AliceShiki likes this.
  13. Jojofann

Jojofann Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imao, that is not anti-god. This is a little childish.

Anti-God is hate god. There are alot of satanist books around that are truly anti-gods.

Wujigege likes this.
  14. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    True
    Last I checked Christianity was purged out of Japan and maybe China I believe. So Korean novels should be less anti religion.

The Asian obsession with luck, Feng Shui etc astound me.

Japanese worship everything even a penis.
    Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanamara_Matsuri

I am astounded at the amount of crap I know
    If I had aimed to be a polyglot instead of a polymath I would have known at least 10 languages by now

I am now too pissed off to add to this thread.

I will start licensing Japanese novels and publishing ebooks
    Readers should put their money where their mouth is and support authors by buying the ebooks.

Cheers!
    @asriu @AliceShiki

15. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say anti-god would be incompatible with religion rather than just hating god.

16. Jojofann

Reading List:
    Link
    The Chinese, even in cultivation story are the most religion tolerant and most stories talk about the great dao. Anti-god, my foot! This is just racist bigots.

17. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a bit of a stretch. It is like saying that everyone who has a different opinion than you is a racist bigot.
    You are taking too much of a leap.
    I would argue that the great dao as nothing to do with religion.
    Koreans are more religious tolerant in the case of the whole anti-god debate.
    Although they call themselves god as a form of praise eg god Grid

Vincent1873 likes this.
  18. Jojofann

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok you win. The Chinese, Koreans and the Japanese are all more anti-god than the Christians and the Islamics. Do you feel good now?

19. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude you have issues. I recommend that you seek help.
    Your narrow minded is mind boggling.
    Nothing I say will get to you, so I will just leave you this.
    Hopefully, it brightens your day.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel's_Last_Mission:_Love
    [​IMG]
    PS I have added you to my ignore list so don't bother replying.
    Have a nice day

Vincent1873 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.