Discussion What makes a isekai isekai

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ReaderReader, Oct 29, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Twelve Kingdoms, Inuyasha, Escaflowne, and stuff like that; they're mostly from the '90s to early 2000's. These almost all have young female protagonists and they're very much about world building and how she grows into the new world.

2. CovetousWolf

CovetousWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) I only read one female isekai but dont remember name and it was pretty good: Girl get in the game, she has isekaied brother, she is forced to the fight on the side of demons and so whole plot is isekaied borther VS isekaiged female MC.
    2) Give example. I am confused about what you are trying to tell me.
    3) What? No. If you hesitate to kill human but can slaughter, for example, sentient wolves with society, language and civilization then you are not human, you are hypocrite.
    4) Again, it is issue of your bad taste. You can enjoy cheap chicken meat but it will never be on the same level as beef.
    5) Slime - harem.
    Villianess blabla - harem. And i am to lazy to look at others becuse they are very generic and i am sure there is harem.

3. CovetousWolf

CovetousWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didnt watched it. Too old. Maybe they are not harem or maybe they are.
    To my country anime came too late and they are at most were shounen thing.

4. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Twelve Kingdoms book is right here on NU. There's definitely no harems in it. Hell, there's nothing in it that even resembles the newer isekai novels. For starters, the writer went out of her way to give names to everything.

5. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Another example is the manga Kanata Kara, which makes it a point that the protagonist can't communicate for the first several volumes and actually have to learn the local language normally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.