Soul Land / Duolou Dalu drama PV

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by null, Oct 27, 2020.

1. null

null Procrastinate Lv MAX

Reading List:
    Link

No ETA yet

qpzmal, Andro and runsing like this.
  2. Andro

Andro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wish they would start to air it soon. Can't wait for it! I really love the trailer, and the CGI looks good also.

qpzmal likes this.
  3. Starmiya

Starmiya [Modern Vampire][In Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    Douluo Dalu can be considered as one of my first novels that I learned and liked. I luv the concept of Douluo Dalu and Sherks 7 monsters. The type of magic was first for me who was Harry potter, Percy Jackson etc book fan. It was a new world for me to be exact. I kept wandering what my martial soul would have been if it was real (Just like getting a house in Hogwarts ) .Now, this freaking novel is getting a drama???

What's your first reaction to this ???
    How do you think it will be???

4. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    upload_2020-11-8_22-48-44.png

I think it'll be crap, because such things usually are. You mentioned Harry Potter as an example - the movies were pretty decent for that series, actually, and continue to be... but they were still a step down from the books. Which is really about the best you can hope for when it comes to things like this. Percy Jackson on the other hand... Yeah.. That's what you can expect.

Since you're a big fan of Douluo Dalu, btw, I'd like to mention that Bagelson finally came through on the final six chapters of it earlier this year. You can now read a high quality translation of the first novel from beginning to end. Y'know, in case you hadn't already heard. The second novel is complete on WuxiaWorld, of course, as it has been since the end of last year. 2.5 only has an incomplete translation and 3 is ongoing. It'll be awhile before those're done. (If ever, for 2.5)

5. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Either, my eyes can't see Mount Tai, my cultivation level is too low, or it is simply unavailable in my country....
    Not sure about the reason but.... mysteriously I can't watch it....

6. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    same opinion as West. it'll be crap.

7. shadowreader

shadowreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn’t it have an anime adaptation already the Chinese kind?

8. Starmiya

Starmiya [Modern Vampire][In Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I'm worried about that's why I said I was a book fan.......... Harry potter was good but Percy jackson made me want to cry where all the action and this and that!!!:blob_teary:
    And thanks :cookie:

sunwolf likes this.
  9. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Typically I don't watch dramas/live-action adaptations of novels with cartoon-like illustrations, or comic adaptations. Dunno, I just can't equate an illustrated character with one portrayed by an actor.
    Still though, I did like the Harry Potter movies, even though I only watched one completely -- they stayed really faithful to the novel and I can't really see any reason why those who liked the novel wouldn't like the movies. Well, whatever.
    As for Douluo Dalu...I already binge read as much of the 4 manhuas as I could get my hands on. It's hopeless.

10. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe the adaptation will be butchered or deviated to fit TV tastes, but I'm willing to watch it for the dresses, action, and special effects. I still remember how they slaughtered Ze Tian Ji.

11. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Funny story:

I read the manhua first. There, the female lead was always mentioned as sister or little sister. So I assumed that they are brothers and sisters, either by relation or by meaning. And then they be in a relationship and I am like... Is this actually incest? I thought Chinese were more conservative than Indians but this much??

That was my introduction to Chinese series.

Westeller likes this.
  12. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    DD was good potential. and then got wasted by nonsense crap. especially godhood

13. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    XD Tang San bhenchod che? I probably butchered that badly. haha
    the manhua is what got me into webnovels actually...the translation and art (of the manhua) was so bad in hindsight. the webnovel was definitely better and my general opinion is that adaptations are a tier below the original source...there are some exceptions like Boku no Hero and Demon slayer anime which both did a phenomenal job...because they had a decent budget.

ianakitten73 likes this.
  14. ianakitten73

ianakitten73 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have risen out of the darkness of lurking w/out an account after years and finally made one to comment my wish: that the drama at least follows the plot, not cramming everything in it, and not corny.
    I'm willing to over look questionable CGI, that they we're supposed to be 12 yrs old in the beginning, even low quality looking set especially for fight scenes. I just wish for it to be bearable, that's all I ask. I know asking it to be great is akin to a miracle but with bearable at least it's still enjoyable THEN I can refer it to my friends.
    Cause SAME, this was like an introductory novel/manga for me, it was the one that opened my eyes to the diverse stories of chinese novels and fell in love with chinese fantasy settings. I hope that it's brought to justice and people will fall in love with as I did too once upon a time.

Westeller likes this.
  15. null

null Procrastinate Lv MAX

Reading List:
    Link
    WeTV have several regional channel. You may need WeTV Indonesia one.

16. SwordDrake

SwordDrake Slice of Life Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    The chances that it is bad is really high. The only TV adaptation that I didn't think was horrible was the Legend of the Condor heroes 2006.

Chinese production and effects are just too horrible to watch and even more so when the director chooses to portray his own take on the story.

17. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    No butchering detected lol. But that was my first experience, so I was genuinely surprised... As for the WN, bluesilver was very slow with their updates back then. I wanted to read it after it got finished, and it has just been sitting in my to read since then. Idek if the translation is still up.

18. sunwolf

sunwolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i really wanna see how they'll do the drama... at least the costume design looks good

i think silverblue completed their extras some months back... so you can go and read it now!
    I'll also have to catch up on the series

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2020
  19. All The Wrong Novels

All The Wrong Novels Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious to see this one, because I thought the source material had a lot of good qualities, but there were still areas that could've been improved in some areas and had some time wasting stuff cut down. Haven't seen any recent Chinese television series though, so dunno what typical quality to expect.

20. Lishasharma

Lishasharma The Kitten in the blacksuit

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't wait for it to air. I absolutely love the anime version of it and the book is good as well so I'm hoping it'll be good especially since it has one of my favourite actors in the lead