Spoiler Since I was Abandoned after Reincarnation, I'll Spend My Time Cooking with Furbabies!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by RaiLi, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Sinistertwist

Sinistertwist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FL has made strawberry goodies for ML, which he seems to enjoy. The two are fairly awkward together, as he is still keeping the wolf secret from her and she sees him as a fairly cold and inaccessible (but reasonable) person. She has asked for permission to expand her home into the forest so she can grow strawberries and build a home for Griffon-chan. FL also presents him with a pet brush and gives him the rights to it, as she thinks that it can be beneficial for the kingdom - especially the beastmen. She also wants to keep her smelting abilities (that it's superior to what others can do) secret. FL learns about Natalie's fate - she is to be excluded as a candidate and her father will have to pay a steep fine for a few years. This will undoubtedly impact their standing, in my opinion. We're introduced to a new character, Melvin the king's confidant. Not much is really given about him, just that he seems to be pretty aware of ML's life and so on. There are more signs that ML is starting to fall for FL.
    FL runs into Natalie as she's talking to a cat and her whole personality and appearance are very different. Natalie is embarrassed but manages to pull on her ojou-sama face as a servant approaches. FL helps by giving her a bit of an out when asked why Natalie is out petting cats. They end up hanging out together and FL discovers that Natalie likes talking to cats and animals when she's worried or depressed. FL reassures her that there's nothing wrong with that (damn right there's not), only to find that others have told Natalie the complete opposite because of the prejudice against beastmen. Even talking to an animal would seem like disrupting their belief of human superiority. Natalie apologizes for her family's actions. Her family put all of their hopes and aspirations on Natalie, since her sister is too sick to serve as a candidate. So they pressured a 16 year old girl to put herself up as a candidate to marry a 25-ish year old king and deal with all of the court drama and intrigue, as well as putting up with all of her family's anti-beastmen nonsense. (Her own opinion on this isn't quite clear yet, however.)

Apparently Natalie still has to remain in the castle because while her chances of becoming queen are one in a billion, her family wants her to remain because "there's still a chance". She has some people who are sympathetic, but most aren't and just want to involve her in their own games. The only reason that her aunt and uncle were chosen to care for her instead of her parents was because they had to provide care for her sister, which was taking a fairly large toll on their own health. Now they're gone and she's expected to atone for them (despite them getting punishment already), so she's on her own. So basically, she's still experiencing all of the pressures of being a queen candidate without any of the perks or potential of becoming queen. FL invites her to come to her house and hang out, since Natalie seems to actually be a sweet, timid girl.
    FL meets Edgar (wolf herder)'s animal companion Sana, ie, his dog fur baby that he sees as his own flesh and blood practically, something that's common with beastmen, particularly in Edgar's race. She learns that Edgar passed a fairly difficult test that is nearly impossible for commoners to pass and admires how well he's trained Sana, musing that he trained her in anticipation of becoming a wolf herder. As they talk, she learns that Silver Wolf (or what is described as practically Silver Wolf) was the reason he wanted to get the job, as the wolf helped guide him out of the forest as a child. She invites him to tea, which he's hesitant about since he thinks that isn't really proper, but agrees. She wants to introduce Natalie to wolves, since she thinks that the girl will like them. (I wonder if this is setting the groundwork for a Natalie and Edgar pairing...)
    Forest clearing has started and FL briefly debates clearing the forest by burning the trees with magic, but decides against it since it'd look really, REALLY bad for there to be a huge fire on the castle grounds. (Not to mention the poor animals in the trees and risk of the fire spreading! Bad FL for thinking that! Bad FL! Still, at least she showed more common sense than some of those gender reveal party parents...) She uses a different type of magic, wind blade, to cut them down instead, which impresses the lumberjack assigned to the job.

2. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's a general summary of what I've read so far:
    FL was engaged to the 3rd prince, who broke off their engagement so he could hook up with a baron's daughter (BD) and tries to banish her from the kingdom. The prince pushes her into a fountain, at which time she recalls her past life. She leaves and has her butler investigate BD, discovering that she's not actually a baron's daughter but is really a relative of the prime minister's family. The basic goal was for the prime minister and his allies to gain more power by putting one of their own on the throne beside the prince. BD tries to gloat about stealing the prince, which is when the FL reveals that she knows everything and that BD can have the loser - even if they get married she'll have to keep up her charade, meaning that she'll never be loved for her true self. It's later revealed that the prime minister's son got involved with this because he wanted to become FL's new fiancee and is frustrated since BD isn't holding up her public persona very well. This may become a future plot point, but for now it's just an aside note that none of them will be happy. Prince is marrying a fake, BD has to keep up her fake persona and has to marry an idiot, son isn't going to marry FL.

To keep all hell from breaking loose if the prince were to try to enforce the banishment, FL agrees to marry the king of a foreign country. The deal is that she will serve as his wife for two years so he can put off having to make a choice between queen candidates in his own country. After the two years are up, she's free to do whatever she wants - try to go back home, stay in the foreign country, and so on. The marriage will be annulled since they won't ever consummate the marriage and since there will obviously be no kids, they can claim that as the reason. She has also started cooking dishes she remembers making back in Japan, as the cooking in this world is awful. The wealthy just pour spices and oil on everything to show off their riches and prestige.

FL is put in a mansion outside of the castle, partially because the appropriate rooms in the castle are all taken up by the four queen candidates and partially because it helps keep her out of the drama and intrigue. She's given beastman servants, which interests her because the kingdom's nobility tends to have a large prejudice against beastmen. FL quickly realizes that this was done as a test of her personality by the king, to see whether she bought into the prejudice. Obviously she doesn't as she's not only OK with them as servants but also invites a wolf herder to continue using her grounds as part of a path he and the royal wolves use on their daily walks. She's a huge fan of the fluff. Unbeknownst to her, the king has begun to visit her secretly. He can take on the form of a beautiful silver wolf, which is how he manages to visit her without her knowing since he's kept this a secret from everyone but his closest confidants.

Despite not wanting to get drawn into the palace drama, FL is invited to visit the rooms of one of the queen candidates, Natalie. She's "encouraged" (read, told) to back Natalie as the next queen once the two years are up (as the candidates are fully aware of what is going on). FL refuses because she sees how anti-beastman Natalie's family is and is basically told by Natalie's aunt that she'll be sorry for refusing their "kindness", as she's the most promising candidate.

FL creates new recipes and also manages to befriend a magic cat that can make plants grow faster in exchange for yummy treats. She also continues to practice magic, having learned very early on that her past life memories have made it easier for her to practice powerful magic. One of the most major discoveries is that she can use the smelting magic, typically seen as inferior, to create items that last for far longer than they otherwise should. Things created with smelting typically last less than a day, if even that. Unfortunately one of her recipes, a chiffon cake, is plagiarized by one of Natalie's chefs, who presents it at a tea party before FL can reveal anything. FL realizes that the culprit is one of her maids, a cat maid who was forced to leak the recipe because she had to take on debts to care for her little sister. She tries confronting Natalie 's aunt and chef, who tell her that there's nothing she can do since they'd just find ways to cover themselves and say they'd been working on it for a while.

FL presents her chiffon cake to the king at a birthday celebration, after Natalie's camp presents theirs. They try to claim that she copied them, but she defeats them with relative ease by pointing out a number of things - such as that their cake is inferior since the maid didn't know all of the steps and that FL produced multiple different cakes, which she shouldn't have been able to do if she wasn't the creator of the recipe. The ML helps defend FL by showing that he'd held his own investigation (he knew about this already, as she'd mentioned it while he was in his wolf form) that proves that Natalie's camp stole the recipe. Natalie's terrible aunt tries to defend herself but just digs her own grave. The chef, aunt, maid, and Natalie all receive punishment, although the maid and Natalie's punishment are relatively light by comparison. Natalie's punishment is that she's no longer a queen candidate. The maid goes to jail for two years, while the aunt and chef go to jail for 30 years. Natalie's father has to pay a steep fine for a couple of years and ultimately this will harm their standing and reputation in the kingdom.

After the dust settles, FL makes new recipes. She also gains a griffin as a pet, as it was owned by Natalie's family and since they can't take care of it properly now, FL gets it. (It's also a gift of sorts from Natalie.) She and the ML kind of tapdance around each other, as the ML is starting to fall for her without really realizing it. FL for her part just doesn't know how to deal with him since she sees him as a fair, but ultimately unapproachable and cold guy. She runs into Natalie again after everything is said and done, only to find that she's very different from her family. (FL had viewed her as an emotionless doll beforehand.) Natalie loves her some kitty floof and will talk to them when she's upset, which puts her at odds with her beastman hating family, as they dislike her doing anything that could go against their idea of human superiority.

Natalie actually seems to be a pretty nice person, albeit fairly shy and timid. She's easy for her family to push her around. Her family put all of their hopes on her, since her sister was too sick to be a candidate, and that her aunt accompanied her instead of her parents because they had to care for her sister. Natalie is also encouraged to stay in the castle despite there being little support for her and almost zero chance of her becoming a queen candidate again, let alone queen. Her family thinks that even if there's .00001% of a chance, that's still a chance. FL starts to befriend her and even plans to have Natalie take tea with the wolf herder, so as to introduce her to more cute floofs.

3. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem! I've been a little lethargic lately so I'll try to go back to reading and providing spoilers again soon! Cold weather always makes me super sleepy and I've started working nights, which can make it worse.

Ahmya, BooBoo and rock.doll like this.
  5. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    FL is making a dog park. Obviously. She introduces Natalie to some floofs. It goes well. Nat also apologizes for the stealing of the recipe and offers up some info about one of the other candidates: Kate, wildcat princess from the eastern duchy. (Catgirl princess confirmed!) She's described as a bright, expressive and strong person and her tail is a "key tail". (Kind of like this, I guess?) Also, apparently Kate had to fight her half-sister to become the candidate. (Kate is 18, half-sister, 17) Fl is recommended to not bring up the sister when she talks to Kate. Natalie also describes Kate as her complete opposite, more or less reaffirming that she never wanted to participate in the queen competition and that Kate is very, VERY keen on winning.
    However since Nat is still technically in competition, FL recommends that she try to use some of her current power to better the lives of those around her, like making friends with beastmen. Nat also says that she wishes that the FL could be queen forever, a statement that FL somehow misses her saying. Of course, FL is then invited to meet Kate, who at this point is the most promising candidate. She's also given an invitation to meet Lee Liena (LL) from the Snow Fox tribe in the north.
    Bit of exposition:
    In some parts of the kingdom the population are made up mostly of beastmen. Many of them do not like humans, likely a result of anti-beastman sentiment and bias. FL believes that this is likely why it took her so long to receive an invitation, as Kate probably had to persuade those around her that it would be a good idea to get on FL's good side and gain her backing for the competition.
    FL goes to meet Kate and LL at the same time. When she arrives she meets LL, who is accompanied by a gorgeous five tailed fox companion. LL is pleased that FL is so taken with the fox and FL is invited to pet it, much to her joy.
    It becomes very obvious very quickly that Kate and LL are somewhat at odds with each other. FL compares it cats and dogs fighting each other. FL notices that Kate has some very high quality rock salt on the table and Kate takes this opportunity to ask FL if she prefers "salt or spice", likely asking if she prefers cats or dogs given how this was written. (IE, would she prefer Kate or LL.)
    Kate then cuts right to the quick: will FL help her become the next queen?

6. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    On a side note, the way Google Translate translates things is kind of odd sometimes. In one of the chapters FL talks about "DonnaDonna in her carriage", but I couldn't figure out what that was about. I think it may be a pet that was in the carriage, but I can't imagine that she would leave a pet in there - and I can't remember there being a pet by that name.

Ahmya and BooBoo like this.
  7. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    I also really want to see Kate in manga format. I know it'll get there eventually, but still... she sounds like she's going to be a fun character that could go either way. I can't wait to see FL eventually get her on her side... and then eventually realize that "her side" is a camp of people who want her to remain in power. So far here's my prediction for the series:

The ML will eventually realize that he is in love with the FL, likely before she does. Meanwhile FL will work her way through the queen candidates and gain their approval or otherwise defeat them. Hopefully she'll have the three that I've read about so far on her side. I like Kate.
    In any case, I think that ultimately the main issues will be this:

1. The ML needs to fully trust FL even after he comes to love her. He's been messed with too much.
    2. FL will need to trust him. Even though she left her ex behind, it was clear that FL was pretty devoted to him. The past life's memories will help to some degree to mitigate the trust issues, but I don't think that she escaped unscathed.
    3. The couple will have to gain the approval of the country and resolve its issues, which are likely many - even after gaining the approval of the duchies' daughters.
    4. At some point FL and ML will have to deal with FL's home kingdom. I doubt that she's heard the last from Trash Prince. His kingdom's political drama was far too developed to be just a reason for her to marry ML and leave the kingdom. There's a civil war brewing that she will likely get drawn into.
    I would kind of like to see the fake Baron's daughter get revealed as a reincarnated person herself - or for there to be a reincarnated person that FL has to take on as an opponent. These tend to bring about some of the most juiciest drama, especially when the OG!H tends to go around hollering about "MUH HAREMS!!1!".

8. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    Kate wants FL to join her camp, but so far FL is still refusing to take any one side and tries to show her that anti-human bias is no better than anti-beastman bias. This, along with FL saying she'd like to get along with LL, causes LL to stare at her. Finally it's chow time, only the food is so salty it's almost inedible. FL and LL were both going to eat the food without saying something, but Kate gets mad. FL manages to stop her, but it makes FL realize that Kate is very hot headed - not a great trait for a ruler of a kingdom.
    So why exactly is the salty food a bad thing? Well, other than it being gross, it's also something that can damage Kate and LL's reputation if someone were to complain. FL realizes that it was a deliberate act of sabotage, as there's no benefit for Kate to have done this. She believes that it was Kate's sister Sienna (who she defeated for the candidacy), but has no proof. This also shows that there's dissention in Kate's camp, as Sienna couldn't have done it by herself. As she's leaving, FL is stopped by LL, who was impressed by FL's demeanor. FL then realizes that although LL didn't do the sabotage, she also didn't stop Sienna. Kate was the one who did the main preparation and planning, so she would have been the one to receive the most damage to her reputation. FL realizes that LL is indeed a crafty fox, making her the polar opposite to Kate and her sister.
    The whole situation, particularly Kate and Sienna's relationship, irritates FL so she decides to vent her frustrations by making bread. So much bread that she can't eat it all and uses it to make sandwiches for the carpenters working on the griffon hut. If you're curious, the sandwiches she made them were BLTs, cheese and herb omelet, sausage and sauerkraut, and strawberry jam and cream. Nom. ML appears in wolf form and is interested in the sandwiches. His assistant Melvin appears to extend an invitation for FL to see ML and is taken aback, since he knows full well who the wolf actually is - even if FL doesn't. FL asks about the wolf's family and is generally doting on him, talking about how she's going to cuddle and brush him. Melvin can barely keep himself from laughing. He also suggests that FL bring the king sandwiches.
    In private the ML is incredibly embarrassed since Melvin saw him basking in the FL's attention so shamelessly. He threatens to bury Melvin alive (not really, just typical embarrassed ML behaviors).

Extra note: the fourth chapter of the manga was translated! We finally get to see the manga counterparts of the chef (Gilbert) and Natalie! I'll get to see Kate soon!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  9. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry, I'm not going to leave you on a cliffhanger!
    Kate asks the chandelier to be lowered. Behold, it is made of salt! She invites Sienna to lick it, which she doesn't - but their brother does. Kate says that in the past people in their territory have used salt to create art. She had FL use her smelting ability to create the chandelier in exchange for a gift/payment of rock salt.
    Sienna is given a "how do you like them apples" look by Kate. Not only have her actions reflected well on her, but she's also managed to successfully show off in front of the other queen candidates and her family.

10. ReaderAnn

ReaderAnn Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for all the spoilers

11. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    Sienna is called on her bad behavior. The conversation is basically "You're considered to be an adult, so act like one - don't pretend that you're too young to know right from wrong!" Kate also mentions that Sienna's accusations included that the chandelier wasn't the same. She brings out pieces of the broken chandelier and compares it with the salt one, showing that they're nearly identical. Since the chandelier was hung so high, it would be practically impossible for Sienna to know that it isn't the same one unless she was the one who broke it. Their father makes the judgement: Sienna is not fit to be a queen candidate, as she'd make for a disastrous one. This is for a number of reasons: one, that her schemes are so easily detected and caught - not that she did them, but that they're so juvenile. Two, that she acts very immature for her age, and three: she relies too heavily on her father to bail her out if she screws up.
    The dad isn't willing to fully say that he supports Kate as queen candidate, but he acknowledges it as a point in her favor. This seems to be enough for Kate, who then says that she's giving up the fight for now. She doesn't feel that she's really ready yet to compete, but that as soon as she is she will fight with all her might. This further impresses her father. So essentially Kate is out of the running. Afterwards he apologizes to FL and there's some discussion about Kate's "key tail". A lot of people in Kate's neck of the woods see it as unattractive and something to mock. FL says she likes it and that it doesn't really matter to her since she's not a beastman.
    Next chapter, ML is talking about the events with FL. He seems impressed. She says that she understands why he didn't get involved directly, as it would pose political issues and hurt Kate more than help her. Of course she also brings him food to try: cream soup with chicken and toast. He likes it.

Next chapter is told from the ML's POV. FL has been proving herself more and more, however he's aware that if she became the official wife rather than just a stand-in, there would be turbulence. (IE, the author is telling us that even if he likes her, she has to win over the duke territories first, which is exactly what she's sort of doing now little by little.)
    FL makes more food. Vegetable soup! Sandwiches! It's all endearing her to the people around her and her villa really does look like a little slice of paradise since everyone seems to be happy and eating together as equals. She also decides that she wants to try making pizza. ML/wolf comes around, lured in by the smell of sweet, sweet pizza pie. There's some cute scenes with ML/wolf wanting to eat pizza and her feeding him.
    A painter, Hayroute, stops by. He was traveling and has returned. FL is of course interested in the horse he has with him, which is described as a "scale horse". Painter says that he traveled a lot because he was interested in painting all of the different people and cultures. However the reason he came by to her place is because he knows her brother Claude. FL describes him as a lazy person who loves books, so she can see how he'd get along with the painter, as her brother likes to live his life at his own pace.
    Chapter 80 was hard to MTL, so bear with me. Painter is apparently not well liked by cats and dogs - nor horses, but scale horses seem to be OK with him. He mentally thinks that there were several reasons why he went to the Kingdom of Wolfwald, but that he met Ryoma by chance at the harvest festival. (Not sure who that is offhand?) In any case, he's going through the forest, having left FL's home. The ML steps out of the forest. It seems that Painter is aware that ML can change into a wolf. ML is curious as to why he visited FL, to which Painter says that he was curious after hearing so much about her from her brother, who went on and on about how cute she was. ML is a little wary about her being around Painter, which he totally catches on to. Painter begins to think that he needs to start collecting info about FL and that he'd like to visit her again. (So is he really a spy? That would be interesting and is kind of the vibe I got from their secret communication.)

12. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    At the time of this posting there's 133 chapters, so I'm slowly getting caught up with the summaries! Offhand it does look like some of my predictions are correct, although it seems like the "proving themselves" part is going to come more before they officially get together, though.

Ahmya, rock.doll and kawaii12345 like this.
  13. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    Whenever I see furbabies I think it’ll be something dirty so I’ve never read it

Sinistertwist likes this.
  14. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    OK, I figure that reasonably enough has happened in the last 30 chapters to warrant a summary, if only for my own memory.

Following the cake incident FL and Natalie have become friends. Deep down Natalie is actually a fairly good person, but was just doing as she was told. FL has decided to help draw her out using the power of floof, which actually works fairly well. Via Natalie she learns more about two of the remaining three contestants:
    • Kate, a wildcat princess from the east duchy.
    • Lee Liena (LL), a snow fox from the northern duchy
    FL is invited to dine with Kate and LL. The reason it took as long as it did was because of the anti-human bias from Kate's camp, as her duchy is primarily made up of beastmen who don't like humans. LL is somewhat more of a mystery. She's described as being very foxy in personality but is nice to FL, particularly after she compliments a beautiful fox that came with LL.

The main focus of this arc is on the dynamic between Kate and her sister Sienna. There was a battle for who would become the east duchy's queen candidate and Kate just barely won over Sienna, which hasn't gone over well with everyone. Some view Kate as the wrong choice and Sienna is determined to screw her over. It doesn't help that Kate has a very fiery temper and tends to act before she can think things through properly. FL really gets a taste of what Sienna will do (pun intended) during her first meeting with Kate, as Sienna arranged for the food to be overly salted and ruined. LL was aware of this and allowed it to happen, as the meeting was primarily arranged through Kate. FL also learns that Kate is pretty aware of her shortcomings but genuinely wants to do right by the kingdom and has its best interests at heart, which endears her to the FL.

Sienna's main plan, however, is to prove Kate's unworthiness by sabotaging her plans for Manilla Day, which is a fairly big holiday for their people and heavily focuses on using salt in dishes. Kate really wants this to go over well as her father and several others will be there, which makes it too tempting a target for Sienna so she arranges for all of Kate's chefs to leave her and also breaks the chandelier in the meal hall Kate wants to use. Both the ML and FL want to help Kate, but they can't do so on their own accord since it would basically be showing preference for her. Neither want Sienna to become the new queen candidate since neither can really stand her. Ultimately they each find a way of getting around this: if Kate asks for help then ML can assist her and it's not seen as favoritism while she barters for help from Kate using the rock salt that's unique to her duchy.

The day of the party Sienna is ready to call shenanigans and is unhappy that not only does Kate have prepared dishes, but the chandelier is no longer broken. She calls Kate out on this, particularly the chandelier, causing her to fall right into Kate's trap. In saying that the chandelier was broken and couldn't be replaced in time, she's effectively admitting guilt. She also tries to say the chandelier was inappropriate, but Kate shows that it is actually made of salt. Sienna makes a scene and her father basically tells her to shut up and that she (Sienna) has proven herself to be very, very unworthy of being the queen. Not because she was scheming, but because the scheming was so easily discovered and foiled - as well as her disgracing herself by throwing a fit and embarrassing everyone.

The dad then tells Kate that while he doesn't want to say that he approves of her overall as queen candidate, this party and her planning was a definite point in her favor. This makes Kate extremely happy, as gaining her father's approval was a large motivator for her going after the candidacy, as people didn't think her very reliable. She then says that she doesn't believe that she's fully ready for the candidacy so she's stepping back for the time being - but will resume her candidacy once she's ready. This further impresses her father, who endorses this announcement. This basically pulls Kate out of the running, so two down and two to go.

As far as the FL/ML relationship goes, she's still unaware that he's the silver wolf she's been seeing - even though apparently many people close to him are aware and can barely hold back their laughter when they see her doting on him. He's definitely warming up to her and would definitely be open to the idea of her remaining queen. The main issue there is that even if he approves, him marrying an outsider would not be received very well. To really have a successful marriage they would have to have the acceptance of the entire kingdom - and they're only really accepting her now because they know she's just temporary.

There's also mention of FL not being able to remember some portions of her old life, particularly her dog's name. It's only brief, but that does seem like it's setting things up for later on down the line.

This portion ends with a painter coming to town. He's aware that ML is the wolf and also knows one of FL's brothers. Painter came around because he was curious, having heard good things about her from her brother. ML doesn't want him around her, but Painter has already decided to investigate her more. There's a strong implication here that he's far more than just a painter, so my guess is that he's secretly a spy.

roseO, Scarlet Feather, Mikaa and 6 others like this.
  15. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, if OP wants to put any of these summaries in the first post for ease of navigation, that's perfectly fine. There aren't many pages now, but there may be in the future since I'm slowly catching up to what's been posted so far.

Mikaa, SpicyZombie and Ahmya like this.
  16. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    FL has made the decision to become more active during her time as queen, as she wants to make sure that she will leave it in a better condition than it was before. She's also starting to develop feelings for the ML. She is going to start by having Kate and Natalie become more friendly with one another, as they were the two queen candidates from areas with marked bigotry towards each other (humans and beastmen). She's not sure how to really start, though.
    Just as she's thinking about this, she meets a young beastgirl - the sister of the cat maid that betrayed her. FL is very taken with Sister and invites her to come live with her, particularly after she learns that Sister is being threatened by some of the family members of Dears (Natalie's aunt). They blamed Cat Maid for them getting caught, so they're taking it out on Sister. However even though Sister will live there, she's a little slow to trust FL, so FL decides to cook Sister her favorite white fish. The dish is white fish in stewed tomatoes. (So probably something like this if it's not an outright stew?) Sister eats in her room so there's still distance between the two of them. Luckily Sister brought a black cat with her for company - he used to be her father's pet/companion. They were playing with Gardener Cat and things got a little rough play-wise, but they're ultimately OK. The distance between her and FL is very slowly closing, slowly but surely. FL will make strawberry cookies the next day.

Sorry for the long time between updates. The season has been pretty hectic!

17. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't had the energy to go back and make any updates, but I did want to post that this was officially picked up by Cross Infinite Worlds! :)

northerner, rufa_ss and Mikaa like this.
  18. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Elisee

Elisee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoiler please :blob_plusone: