Spoiler The Duchess's 50 Tea Recipes

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Chizuru, Jul 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Chizuru

Chizuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone got some spoilers? Is there anyone translating the novel?

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
    IceQueenRinne1234 likes this.
  3. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    coming in, sits down and prepares to drink 50 types of tea. oh, don't forget the cookies, please.

4. Negiomi

Negiomi Idiot | Grandurr's

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to know, too. Camping here until someone come and blesses us with spoilers.

Avery Very and irish_04xoxo like this.
  5. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't pick it up but I wrote a short post on it
    https://novelsformy.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-duchesss-fifty-recipes-for-tea.html

I dropped it because it didn't suit my taste
    also I recalled there was a part I was so annoyed by.
    I think it went something like this
    Someone needs a doctor
    All the people around panicking
    Mc : call a doc pronto!
    Everyone : wow ! are you a goddess ? :aww:
    Me : :facepalm:

or it went like this
    Everyone :We hate you
    Mc brews tea
    Everyone: are you a genius ?:blobnosebleed:
    me :blob_coughblood: ....

At least that the feeling I recall when I think about that novel. Also they talk a lot about food so i was always hungry .

6. summer-162

summer-162 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sheri_Yui_Chan and Sara0jan like this.
  7. lyn

lyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those conversations really make me want to avoid reading this at all cost lol.. It is on the same level as hundreds of absurd isekai manhua. Yikes.

8. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it only got like that in the middle .
    I probably got tired of this faster because I was reading so many absurd isekai novels at that time.
    It was fun at first so don't drop it .I feel responsible if you do so here are more detailed spoilers
    I did like it a lot at first

More spoilers after you read my blog
    https://novelsformy.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-duchesss-fifty-recipes-for-tea.html

-She has no friend family and lose her job after enduring bullying.
    Dies and vow not to live like this again:blobnobully:
    -reborn as duchess , Chole who even more bullied then her past self
    -slap the main maid behind bullying
    -ask husband who never talks to her for a favor for the first time in Chloe's life
    (Husband is most wanted perfect man but is not interested in love so marry Chole who didn't love (chase) him like all those other mass of woman and was from a suitable house.Chole is scared because husband looks at her like ***)
    -ask for tea which is not too expensive but rare:sushi_tea:( people in this alternate britain drinks coffee Wtf?!:sweating_profusely:)
    -Husband pride is hurt tells her she can buy whatever she wants he is rich :blob_nuffies:
    -gets mountain of tea from hubby
    -makes tea for bullied maid in the kitchen impressing other servants, The Duchess invented something new::blobthinkingsmirk: a new way to brew tea!
    (lots of detail about brewing tea I don't recall ,something about hard soft water , temp,kettle ..etc :sushi_sorry:)
    -Mean head maid punishes bullied maid ,the fight is on !:blobhero:
    -makes Iced tea for knights (cant recall ) who was hot ! The Duchess invented something new:blobthinkingsmirk: a new way to drink tea!
    -Duchess reputation as goddess starts among the knights ! Fans help spread rumors
    -hubby hears about the most delicious drink (It just iced tea ,I think fruit flavored ..:hmm:)
    -hubby ask for tea ,she choose it knowing he a smoker who like to drink with meat appetizer
    -Lots of detail on this tea .I recall she picked a "adult" tea that goes with ham:hmm: it supposedly remind her of bacon (Ruined a diet reading this .They talk about alterne china and their food .)
    -hubby likes it ask for tea I think they drink tea once a day
    -she shows and explain variety of teas ,talks in depth what to eat with what tea
    -Mc goes to society party but hostess tries to bully her by picking ton her for buying tea which is weed water not enjoying the deepness coffee ,the fight is on !:blobhero:
    -The Duchess teaches something new:blobthinkingsmirk: tea not bitter at all .
    -The Duchess invented something new,:blobthinkingsmirk: the correct way to brew tea so it not bitter
    -Duchess reputation as goddess starts among the ladies! Fans help spread rumors
    -gives peach tea to knights
    --Duchess reputation as goddess spread among the knights ! Fans help spread rumors
    --Lots of detail on this tea
    -drink s tea with someone else
    -Duchess show some new detail about tea
    ---Duchess reputation as goddess starts again
    -Duchess host a tea party show off new eastern tea sets
    --The Duchess invented something new:hmm: adding milk to tea!
    -the duchess show off organization skills
    -the duchess show off accounting skills
    -Servants are impressed with each thing she does :blobdizzy:

-It keeps going like this where Mc wins over the entire british fantasy world and hubbys heart with her tea skills and calm mature style
    like not panicking when someone injured calling a doctor....:sweating_profusely:

I dropped it because I knew where this was heading but you get the idea
    Also the villianese was a maid of all people! FYI Chole is the highest noble lady:blob_coughblood:
    Yes she bullied her since childhood but still...and the reason was childish .I think she used to belong to society and was bullied so to avoid that she bullied someone shyer .Even if she a maid she felt higher then Chloe:blobunsure:
    Sigh
    Chole ,I read many web novels but I never met someone who was powerful and rich from the go getting bullied by someone who was so lowly .Everyone was always nice except some servants and jealous ladies :blob_catflip:. yes hubby is cold but he very respectful . Mc won him over by speaking to him while looking at him and drinking tea together .
    Now you lost your body to Mc and she the cream of society with just a few pointed words.
    seriously there barely any face slapping moments :sweating_profusely:
    Poor Chole~! :blob_teary:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    Mikka_chan, saphhh, mharumi and 17 others like this.
  9. haqpiness

haqpiness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!
    Why does the main made hates her so much? Will she get fired?

Rania want to QT likes this.
  10. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also the villianese was a maid of all people! FYI Chole is the highest noble lady:blob_coughblood:
    Yes she bullied her since childhood but still...and the reason was childish .I think she used to belong to society and was bullied so to avoid that she bullied someone shyer .Even if she a maid she felt higher then Chloe:blobunsure:

Rania want to QT likes this.
  11. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she made peace with her
    I can't remember I need to reread it .
    all I remember is long detailed description of tea and food
    I learned coffee cups cant be used as tea cup because the shape infect the taste . I recall certain teas go with certain cups .
    (I also recall I vowed to drink tea from only tea cups and then the next day I immediately broke it and drank tea from a mug.:hmm:)
    I also recall the hubby like the way she looked when she talk about tea full of life and not dead inside. So easy to win the Ml over!
    Again poor Chole :blob_teary:

12. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I forgot to add some other facts
    - she "Invents" milk jam and does business with a friend
    -Husband helps her
    -I think there was another reason why servants didn't like her ,Chole blame her mistakes on another servant randomly
    -She lost her authority as a mistress because she handed her accounting responsibility to the butler
    -she can regained it after proving she can be trusted with money
    -regaining authority means the power to handle money which means power to fire servants
    -I think she already won over most servants at this point but I think they do end up crawling back to her
    I think at this point I was skimming so I'm not sure exactly what happened
    -she gets tested three times on accounting which she pass but on the last one ...
    -The evil head maid plots to destroy her standing by ruining her last test .
    -she switches the letters to the market getting bad ingredients
    -she helps a store selling off excess cheese by running a promo there could be gold in your cheese
    -She got fresh ingredients in return and gifts for the kitchen servant
    -
    The Pros
    The point is the story was really fun at first with Mc reliving Chole life and turning it around
    The husband was really attracted to her really fast which Mc didn't notice (how typical)
    So much details and recipes for tea!

The Cons
    However no matter how fun it starts to drag needlessly
    during the business part I got bored and felt Mc should just fire that evil maid
    too much descriptions of people praising Mc excessively
    Seriously every single word she says is being praised at one point
    The husband supposedly cold unemotional type but is good to her too fast never look or touch but suddenly making moves on her
    Dude ! I like more natural relationship with gradual sexual tension
    I felt everyone was a bit unrealistic especially the servants
    Also all the tea types are there and all the tools even the eastern tools needed is in the store where no one knows how to brew tea
    FYI I don't even see all those tea tools in my local tea store so everything really works out for Mc too much
    I think the last straw was when she taught people to cure themself with vitamin C
    That doesn't have to do with tea ! she was becoming like Surgeon Elise or is Elise like the duchess?
    [​IMG]
    I felt it was getting ridiculous so . ...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  13. haqpiness

haqpiness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, I guess I will give a try just to the manga.

myling likes this.
  14. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel should be called first world problems

15. Adqui

Adqui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

16. ShiniUsa

ShiniUsa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of want to read the novel. If anyone has links send them my way. I'm reading the webtoon and want to compare

17. irish_04xoxo

irish_04xoxo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here

nichan likes this.
  18. immortaltear

immortaltear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  19. mikeyla

mikeyla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, this webtoon is good to read after getting your head fed up with webtoons who have characters plotting your own death (who made me a princess, the abandoned empress, Adelaide etc). The webtoon is just about the mc making up the mistakes the og duchess has done and also developing as a person herself i guess. Also her relationship develops slowly with her husband. Its just a lighthearted webtoon ig if lighthearted and “cool” webtoons are not you cup of tea then you will find this webtoon boring. Just had to say all of this again so that, that ^ person who summed up the novel wont effect your opinion about this novel. You should give it a try if you want it

ISTP23, Mikka_chan, ARTEMI5 and 6 others like this.
  20. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    What about the evil maid?

immortaltear likes this.