Recommendations Suggest to me some original novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Pannucci, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Pannucci

Pannucci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Never really cared too much for the super hero genre which is popular for some reason with a lot of the better authors but pretty much up for most things other than BL. Incredibly bored and have a few weeks to kill (quarantine...)

2. Seren

Seren Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. LordBS

LordBS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well there's a lot, I mean a lot of good original novels in royalroad.
    It goes from crazy epic good like Mother of Learning to your bad written litrpg generic story.
    My recommendations would be of course:
    Mother of Learning.
    Defiance of the Fall
    The Primal Hunter
    Dungeon Crawler Carl Book 2: Carl's Doomsday Scenario
    Unbound
    The Weirkey Chronicles: Reborn across Nine Worlds (Fantasy Cultivation)
    Infinite Realm: Monsters & Legends
    The Perfect Run
    Blessed Time
    The Legend of Randidly Ghosthound
    The Humble Life of a Skill Trainer
    Delve
    Wildcards: Book One - The Dread Pirate
    The Snake Report
    The Gilded Hero
    Never Die Twice
    Old Man's Adventuren
    Vainqueur the Dragon
    Solomon's Crucible
    Spellgun
    Jayke Cipher
    The Genesis System
    Necromancer and Co.

Novel-addict likes this.
  4. Novel-addict

Novel-addict Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A Dragon Idol’s Reincarnation Tale.
    Agent of the Realm?
    Artificial Jelly.
    Azarinth Healer.
    Beyond?
    Binary Soul.
    Blue Core.
    Body and Soul.
    Champions of the Boundary.
    Cinnamon Bun.
    Demon’s Journey.
    Demon’s Virtue.
    Delve.
    Devourer of Destiny.
    Everyone Loves Large Chests.
    Forgotten.
    I Am Going To Die (In This Game-Like Dinension).
    Lament of the Fallen.
    Law of Shadows.
    Lily Ex Machina.
    Love Crafted.
    Magic-Smithing.
    Metaworld Chronicles.
    Mother of Learning.
    Necromancer of Valor.
    Never Die Twice.
    Power Overwhelming.
    Quod Olim Erat.
    Song of the Void.
    Substitute Hero.
    Taint.
    The Arcane Emperor.
    The Blue Mage Raised By Dragons.
    The First Archmage.
    The Godking’s Legacy.
    The Legend of Randidly Ghosthound.
    The Menocht Loop.
    The New Journey of an Old Soul.
    The Stars Have Eyes.
    The Wandering Inn.
    The Zombie Knight Saga.
    There is no Epic Loot here, Only Puns.
    Threadbare.
    To Play With Magic.
    Upheaval - The Gentle Apocalypse.
    Vainqueur the Dragon.
    Worm.

LordBS likes this.
  5. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m right there with you on superhero novels. But you should try Vaudevillain. It’s hilarious.

Otherwise...

I’m reading Life Reset right now, bought off Amazon. That series is pretty great. Awaken Online is, too. I recommend them both as VRMMO series.

6. Pannucci

Reading List:
    Link
    well shit I might actually have gotten enough stuff to read even after sorting through all that I dont end up liking or have already read. Thanks for all those suggestions. Also I know Worm is a good story even though its based on superheroes but I just couldnt really get into it. That has kind of killed my interest in superhero stories given I couldnt even like the best one. I think I read through like the part where it started getting good too but just couldnt fully buy in for some reason.

7. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    The Origionals on Ohanashi are good, though I consider them all to be primarily slice-of-life stories: Wizard With The Flower Blades - MC is persuaded to play a VRMMO, and ends up being Isekai'd and Genderbent while in character creation. Origonstory The VRMMO: The Advent of Axebear - A story about a female playing a VRMMO who's liable to imitate Leroy Jenkins just because she finds it fun. Bookstore with the White Jade Wings - MC mistakes the pretty owner of a seemingly run-down bookstore as female when they're male, but takes a job at the bookstore for the free board anyway. Turns out said owner is actually one of the most influential cultivators in the world, and MC ends up stumbling into the cultivation world shortly afterwards. Only 37 chapters at the moment, but gives me some Cultivation Chat Group vibes. Fluvia Delarose was an Otome Game's Villain. You know all those "reincarnated as a villainess in an Otome Game" stories? Well, in this one, the person who was reincarnated never played the game, only heard about it from her daughter. And, while she reincarnated into the girl who dies for her crimes at the end of the story, in the game she was simply a background character that spoke one or two times. Oh, and the game was the type of hot garbage that causes it to become a cult classic simply due to the fan fiction possibilities, filled with things like hanging plot threads, the person our MC reincarnated into being a complete mystery in everything beyond her bloodline, and more. Kousei Ishikawa is Cursed(?) - MC reincarnates from Japan, Earth to Japan, Earth. The new one has a System, though, so that's different. So is the fact that he can see Yokai that try to eat him, probably due to the skill that can't be read by the System Scanner (they've developed technology that can read skills & skill levels, based off of skills that do the same thing). The story starts after the MC's uncle discovers that the MC has been living on his own (because mystery skill + Yokai that are invisible to most people = Cursed Existence), and takes him as he moves to a new town. A new town that seemingly has a lot more Yokai action, and those who interact with Yokai that the MC has had minimal interaction with previously.

He Who Fights With Monsters - MC get's Isekai'd to a Magical World... where he starts butt naked and bald in a hedge maze owned by cannibals. After surviving that experience (the first 20~ chapters are important, but have a different feel than the series does as it continues), MC gains a full set of 4 foundational "elements" bound to his 4 stats, he's able to gain a full 20 powers, which he does as the story progresses. An interesting story where things are typically actually explained, even if it sometimes takes a while, full of character development and change.

Reject Hero - I know you said no Superhero's, but this one's complete and only 57 chapters long. MC is a good man and a successful business man, living a happy life, and then he got powers. Specifically, the power to transform into an immortal blob that everyone in a certain radius of himself obsessively wants to kill, regardless of the consequences. And it activates on a hair trigger, and can't be deactivated until everyone in that radius of the MC is unconscious or out of it. I've always been wary or Worm, as it doesn't seem like my thing at a glance and is a bit too long to just try out, but I quite enjoyed this one.

clamityemperor likes this.
  8. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Pannucci

Reading List:
    Link
    Guess I need more options... have less to do during quarantine than I expected and I’m bored off my ass. I expect to probably be able to reasonably read another 10k pages worth of material so any help will be appreciated...

10. Pannucci

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw I’ve read 80% of what’s listed and the rest I dropped so pretty much need completely new suggestions

11. Pannucci

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing? :(

12. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're willing to pay, Andrew Rowe's Arcane Ascension Series is quite good. Magical world where people aren't born with magic, but need to pass a trial literally designated by a god in order to gain a magical mark that allows them to use some magic. Story follows the path of an individual who gains a mark designed around crafting, despite the fact that they want to fight through the trial tower to search for the brother who is believed to have died in their trial, despite being incredibly well prepared, better, in fact, than many who pass. The first book starts before the MC enters the tower for his trial to gain his first mark.

Ignoring that paid book, I like Renewal And Rebirth. MC is willing to get downloaded into a Virtual Reality Simulation shortly before death, in a pseudo immortality, as she was too old for normal immortality when it was discovered and became commercially acceptable, though her kids were able to get it. MC guessed that the Virtual Immortality was a scam for insider information more than anything, but decided to try it anyway. Turns out that the company planned on just stealing the information and putting the downloaded minds on ice, but some of the System AI's managed to develop in order to exploit programming and data gaps to actually fulfill the company's side of the bargain. MC, thus, is "reincarnated" into a world based on her preferences, which turns out to be a Cultivation World. Thus I have recapped the first chapter, but should still mention that combat is prevalent in this story, but not the absolute main focus of it.

13. Pannucci

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump only need one or two more stories or something you think I should reread. Almost done with quarantine:)