Spoiler I Swear I Won’t Bother You Again!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Oct 24, 2018.

1. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well there are pieces we do know at this point

TL1 MJ categorically did not love Vio. All she had to do to keep her out of jail is refuse to testify or say nothing happened.

TL2 MJ doesn't even know who Vio is and is so damn dense she can't even tell she's causing her immense amounts of pain.

What's more she was enamored of this idea of having an older sister before she even met Vio. In MJ's world Vio's nothing but a placeholder.

Where it goes? Who knows? There's already plenty of problems with the plot of this novel. Vio is literally insane, the father is garbage, the mother likely garbage, MJ is a destructive personality that lives in her own world, the crown prince oblivious and judgmental, Yulan hard to say, seems indecisive

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  2. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First two points are subjective

3. kawaii12345

Reading List:
    Link
    :eek: please google subjective and objective.

Putting someone in prison is objectively not an act of love.

Not being aware of someone's emotional state is an objective condition. Hell not only does MJ not only have ZERO AWARENESS of Vio;s emotional state, she knows next to nothing about Vio period.

Matter of fact they are not only objective but also testable, falsifiable and in the second case repeatable.

Well maybe we need a poll for the most absurd fabrication of how MJ loves Violet

1. MJ loved Violet who she had never met till she was 16 because her name was TOTES ADORBS
    2. Putting Vio in prison to rot for the rest of her life was just really tough love.
    3. Watching Vio take abuse from their father was just her being appreciative of the attention Vio got
    4. Her making moves on anyone Vio was close to was just possessive yandere behavior. Yeah MJ is just a yandere
    Objectively the best , You can say about this is that MJ is in love with the idea of a loving family

On how the novel goes? Who knows? It already has too many plotholes and a$$pulls to talk about and hasn't been playing for internal consistency from the start. Vio's grandfather is the best example of that.

4. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I can agree with you on that at least. The author is writing two wattapad stories at once and it shows

This is one of the rare cases where the manga makes more sense and is better

Darth Vader is vios real dad

Aslo Vio starts the rumbling and humanity dies.
    The end

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2020
    kawaii12345 and Jukki like this.
  5. kawaii12345

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know how these people that want spoilers expect to get them when we are talking about the last chapters written by the author and are about 100 chapters ahead of the translation?

Geez Louise nobody can spoil what doesn't exist yet

Azure_1802, Jukki and theilikepie like this.
  6. haqpiness

haqpiness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to go through pages of discussions instead of spoilers... I get the notifications every time but I loose my time on diff opinions that can be entirely false from the novel, there should be some discussion thread for this ppl.
    P.S. I'm not gonna reply to anything because this will just add more discussions instead of spoilers.

7. neru74

neru74 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a table of contents on the first page so check there. There's also a discussion thread for this novel/manga, people just want to continue their opinions here anyways

8. kawaii12345

Reading List:
    Link
    All the posts you are complaining are avout are actually spoilers

MJ's behavior all spoiler
    Violet's hidden mobs all spoiler
    MJ not being able to find her a$$ even with a compass and a map, spoiler
    Yulan twisting the knife on her spoiler.
    Stepmom triggering Violet, spoiler

As to losing your time on different opinions from what is in this novel??? WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING???

This novel is about as easy to decipher as Finnegan's Wake. (At least Joyce played by consistent rules) We already have too many instances where the author has deliberately muddied the waters, not the least being did Yulan send Vio back? Just what did happen in TL1? WTH is actually going on with Gramps? WTH was that set of religious chapters about God in the first TL?? WTF is with MJ??

I am willing to bet at least half of that we never get a clear answer, and half the rest will have answers that are just unsatisfying and implausible.

That's why discussion is needed

9. Johnrevenge

Johnrevenge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone give me spoilers about what the grandfather does when he appears and what happened after that? I don't want to look for the spoilers through all the tons of posts of discussion. Just give me the spoilers. Please and thanks.

10. Migrad

Migrad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you guys you guys
    from the lastest chapter maryjun are begging for another chance from vio, maryjun promised that she will try to give back everything that her family stole from vio... but suddenly they felt some presence from the door.. it was the garbage father, he is back! he invited himself in and seems like his face are filled with hot juices of wrath... MJ, now its the perfect time to help your sister, let us see your true alignment

oh, and for anyone who curious about the grandpa...
    he is actually in love with the father and want to elope together but the father only agreed if the grandpa willing to use high kneesocks for 24/8 per week, then later abducted by alien and got probed and ditched to southpark. HE. /s

there is no spoiler about that yet, if we know we will talk about it dont worry and be patient... we are as frustrated as you about the injustice. if you are annoyed about discussion, read the sticky thread, discussion are allowed and actually good for the thread. please be more tolerant :bloblove:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    Elvirgo, SueVal, emersy and 8 others like this.
  11. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is too coincidental. He never came before to Vio's room when the 2 girls were there. He probably never came to Vio's room, period.
    But now, at the most important moment, he's there:blobunsure::blobunsure::blobunsure:
    I'm starting to buy into MJ's double face now. She's so smart, yet she's been acting oblivious all this time. She's been after her sister's crushes in both timelines. Whenever she wants something, she mentions it in front of their father, so he'll force Vio. If she is actually pretending, everything would make sense.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    Shenate, Elvirgo, Khadz and 8 others like this.
  12. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    If MJ dosent turn out be evil you all owe me money

13. c0mp1337

c0mp1337 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, she did stop her father from hitting violette again. I wonder where will vio go? She just ran away wherever her two legs will get her.

DOHere likes this.
  14. okpanda_533

okpanda_533 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tried my best to translate chapter 149! Used a bit of liberty to interpret the phrases so they might not be direct translations. God I was so close to crying while translating this ;u; someone give Violet a hug and a therapist...

From Violet's perspective: ASSAULT TW

I'm sure that if it was my previous self, I would have been flustered at the situation before me. My father, furious; Maryjun crying - it was all too clear what would happen next. And yet, I felt strangely calm. However, “calm” was not the right word; “calm” represented a sense of ease, unflappable, unwavering spirit. Rather than having the confidence to deal with anything or being able to judge the situation at hand, I was probably “calm” because I had abandoned all hope.

His expression as sharp as his footsteps, my father reached out for my chest. I was dragged up so violently that my ears started ringing as though someone had set off fireworks behind them.

My world shook, and suddenly everything sounded so far away. Without given the chance to steady myself, I came crashing down on the floor. The realisation that I had been hit dawned on me.

「──‼ ──、──‼‼」

「──! ──‼」

Someone screamed, but it was hard to tell who. I couldn’t make out what was screamed, as my mind was still shaken from the impact.My eyes prickled with pain, and my mouth tasted like iron. I don’t think my teeth were broken, so I probably cut my cheek or the edge of my mouth. I placed my hand on my cheek. It was not swollen, but it burned, hot, as though I had a fever.

Even though he was so agitated as to raise his hand against a girl, I thought he would at least have the sense to slap instead of punch me. Unfortunately, his irrationality won out.

To my father, whose eyes blazed with fury, even the sight of me bleeding was not enough to stop him. If not for Maryjun’s desperate cries for him to stop, I would not be surprised that he continued to hit me - twice, or even thrice. It seemed like my father had no self-restraint.

It was like I was revisiting a memory of some distant past.

A body controlled by the heart rather than the brain is no different from a robot that has lost control. It was as if you became detached from the world around you, and instead selfishly started to think of the universe as orbiting around your own existence. The illusion of being rightfully indignant, of always being right. That you had the ability to define what “good” and “evil” meant. That there was no need to reflect on whether you were being reasonable. You became a hideous beast; it was appropriate to call you that - a brute which spoke but abandoned all logic and rationality. (T/N: she's speaking of her past self and her father)

Little by little, my hearing came back to me. With it, it picked up pieces of anger, contempt, resentment, bitterness, and hatred. The shards of noises pierced through my shock and spread all over me.

“When will you stop being a hindrance… how much do you want me to suffer before you’re pleased! If you weren’t here, if you weren’t born, I would-!!”

His painful and bitter expression, every single curse that spilled from his mouth - all of them caused something in me to break; it was the walls that I’d put up to protect myself. I looked away before I, myself, broke down entirely.

“Stop being in the way of my happiness!!!!”

I had the same thought once. I harboured the same anger, the same hatred. I had the same face as the man before me as I held the knife [to Maryjun’s neck]. I suppose we are related after all; at first I thought it was only my mother’s bitterness flowing in my veins. But it seems like I have really inherited my personality from both my parents.

“Stop, Father! Please stop!”

“Get away, Maryjun, it’s dangerous!”

“You get away from her! Don’t go anywhere near Sister!”

“What are you saying…! Maryjun, don’t be fooled, that woman-”

“What are you saying, Father!”

Violet, look at their exchange, gaze at the perfect world before you, and reflect on your broken self.

[Sigh.]

A self-depreciating smile formed on my lips, prickling with pain. But even that pain was somewhere far away. Everything around me suddenly vanished away. There was nothing left, not here, not anywhere. I was cast away, I would always be cast away no matter where I was.

Ah, what a pathetic life I have.

“Violet-sama… huh!?”

Outside the room, Marin seemed to be heaving and unable to speak.

She rushed in at full speed, and although it seemed painful for her to stand, she desperately called my name and reached out to me.

A surge of joy and sadness swept over me - only to be broken by a loud sound.

“Tsu…!”

“Sister…?!”

My body close to the ground, I crawled past Father and Maryjun. My skirts clung to my legs in an annoying fashion; if I could run then this wouldn’t happen. But I focused on moving my legs, and all distractions went away.

I did not have anywhere I wanted to go. Just- any place other than here, where prying eyes, hands or voice could not reach.

“Violet-sama!!”

Only the sensation of my legs giving up, and Marin’s voice echoing in my ear remained.

15. okpanda_533

okpanda_533 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because translating takes too much effort I'll just give a quick run down of chapter 150:
    • Continuation from 149 where Marin has arrived, out of breath and angry when she saw that Violet had collapsed
    • Marin thinks to herself that she has to protect Violet, but Violet's eyes are already devoid of emotions
    • When she tried to reach for Violet, she saw that Maryjun was trying to do the same
    • Marin grabs Maryjun, noting their difference in strength (seize the means of production, babey!)
    • Marin briefly contemplates how easily she can hurt Maryjun by just using more strength
    • But Marin decides to use verbal attack! She tells Maryjun to not be so conceited, and thinks that it doesn't matter what kindness Maryjun feels for Violet
    • Marin tells Maryjun that her interference is unnecessary, thinking that Violet's family has already squandered away the opportunity to care for Violet
    • When Maryjun began to cry, Marin releases her hand. Maryjun sinks to the ground
    • Before the father could notice Maryjun's appearance and get angry, Marin carries(?) Violet out.
    • Although someone is yelling, Marin does not turn back.

Not very sure what is going on the first half, but I think Marin realises that she can't do much for Violet. Instead, she thinks that Yulan will be able to make Violet feel again and prays that Yulan will come for Violet soon before she becomes an empty shell.

Bastian, lan2001h, Shenate and 30 others like this.
  16. Alessa

Alessa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I sincerely hope that this incident would be an important evidence that the shithead father has no right to be a legal guardian and then be stripped of his right in the dukedom and grandpa can finally be the legal and literal guardian for Vio

Yanya, vionysus, Khadz and 3 others like this.
  17. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think love can fix a total mental breakdown from years of abuse.

But you do you shoujo authors
    I wouldn't be supirsed if he kissed her and she came back to normal. Sheesh what a clusterfuck. Cant wait to see the rushed ending. Literally no reason to insert the cringey romance.
    The clown is me for expecting a bit of maturity in this. Vio didnt even know yulan that well compared to marin, she's her real family I....

2b9a3cac0a9fce88f08843fdb5b1af5e.jpg

One thing I will give credit too the novel for protraying, is the feeling of awful realization that you're more like your npd parent then you realized. But then again relazaiton is something that will break the cycle and set you apart from them. Too bad that mind broke her, noble society is a breeding ground for mental illnesses

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    Jukki, MiserableSOUL and Creolenerd like this.
  18. Meira Eve

Meira Eve Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG poor vio
    Thank you for the spoiler!!!

MiserableSOUL likes this.
  19. kawaii12345

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if this wasn't such a contrived event it would be real interesting to see where it goes next. We now have Marin and MJ as witnesses to the count's physical abuse of violet (why do people keep promoting him up to duke?). If Marin takes Vio to Yulan he will have seen physical evidence.

That leaves the questions
    1. Just what is Gramps doing? Did that conversation with him put the count on edge?
    2. What did Marin do in the count's office?
    3. How will MJ actually act in this. Will she fink on dad the same way she did Vio?
    4. What's Yulan's play in this?
    Bit of bad new for those enjoying the Manga, the TL team just dropped it

Khadz, Jukki, DOHere and 2 others like this.
  20. Alessa

Alessa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really look forward to how things would unfold from this point on. Especially MJ. I read the discussion above and it looks like the opinion on her is divided. IMO, it'd be better if she truly is innocent albeit blindly ignorant, because things would be much more complicated from now on and she would be presented with difficult choices: 1) will she defend her sister with all she had, or 2) will she choose to stay with her family that she had cherished all her life? If she truly is innocent, that would be an almost impossible choice to make but on the other hand could also be a fuel for her to mature in mentality. From a reader POV, I bet it'd be an amazing example of character development. And that'd mean an enjoyable read (for me at least).

But if the author decides that she holds ulterior motives, then honestly, I'd say it'd lost originality. Maybe because I read too much fiction on villainess theme where the so called 'villainess' is actually the heroine and the 'heroine' is the wicked witch. Really, it'd be a shame if all she had is just this villainess-in-a-heroine-skin kind of character when the situation is already too complex for one to only have this one dimensional traits.

Shenate, Khadz, Creolenerd and 2 others like this.