Discussion Health Advice...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cutter Masterson, Nov 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    How do i sweat less. i think i figured out why im so cold

2. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, no vr. But that’s worth checking out. Thanks.

I’ll get that in mind. Thanks.

Interesting channel. Subscribe.

I love the easy to follow list. That helps a lot. Thank you

A women after my own heart. Thanks for the video

Unfortunately, I usually skip lunches due to work. As to dinner typically. I have some white rice (I know brown would be better). I would eat the rice with some sort of meat. Usually a cow type of meat. Also a side of veggies. I usually drink water for all meals. I do sometimes drink Bangs or Reigns. To change it up. (I know I should have more fruit and vegetables). That’s about it.

That’s tuff. I’m an island boy who swam all the time and run on the beach. But now I live on the cold northern mainland. The water here is freezing and all the pools are still close due to COVID.

Lurking likes this.
  3. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    I knew I like you. Pervert. Lol. Just kidding. I honestly didn’t even notice until you pointed it out. Go figure.

Lurking likes this.
  4. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    uh. pretty girl. aversion to eye contact. you mean you dont usually look at the chest first???

also a thing

https://www.consciouslifestylemag.com/nutritional-food-psychology/ "what you think and feel about a food is as important a determinant of its nutritional value and its effect on body weight as the actual nutrients themselves." "If the ice cream is your favorite flavor—say, chocolate—and you consume it with a full measure of delight, the hypothalamus will modulate this positive input by sending activation signals via parasympathetic nerve fibers to the salivary glands, esophagus, stomach, intestines, pancreas, liver, and gallbladder. Digestion will be stimulated and you’ll have a fuller metabolic breakdown of the ice cream while burning its calories more efficiently." "An exercise physiologist friend explained to me that intense exercise can closely mimic the stress response. Yes, aerobic exercise is great for us and has a long list of wonderful metabolic benefits. I know this because I personally place a high value on working out. But in the wrong context exercise can wear us down, elevating cortisol and insulin levels, generating inflammatory chemicals, and locking us into a survival metabolism in which we vigorously store fat and arrest the building of muscle." "She didn’t exercise because she loved movement. She ran because she hated weight. To my thinking, the intensely fearful thoughts that motivated her were causing a physiologic stress-response and undermining her nutritional psychology."

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  5. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    i feel that. good water is great, cold water bad. bike is good. do u have mountains. try to find alternative hobbies related to the surrounding wilds. if there aren't wilds try parkour. reportedly its super fun, but i cant even do a pushup so i cant dream of it. also parkour is legal as long as you dont get caught and if you do its community service which is physical too

try watching a stream of beatsaber first, on that one streamer software that links to discord... uh... @Evil_Ginger wazzit called

6. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest. No I don’t usually look at women’s chest first. I usually am a sucker for two things. One if she wear glasses and second her smile. Personally I’ve had it happen to me once. I was standing on a sidewalk in a big city. And this girl just came around the corner. Wham! It was as if I got slam by a 2x4 across the back of my head. I swear my jaw slam down onto the floor and my eyes bug out. I’ve never experience that before and since. Anyway.
    I like the projecting yourself onto your food slant.

Lurking likes this.
  7. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Do short intense sets with long break workouts. Don't be afraid drinking sport or energy drink to push out more set.

Lurking and Cutter Masterson like this.
  8. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    good tip. Thanks!

9. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    Twitch?

Lurking likes this.
  10. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyways, yeah. Just gotta get up and move. If you have a hard time with joints and such, move in a pool, it reduces impact and stress. Just sweat while moving.

Cutter Masterson and Lurking like this.
  11. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    i tend to look down, at peoples shoulders, when im tired and not feeling up to challenge of looking in eyes

the boobs were right there, they bounced into my line of vision

12. ZeroJAM

ZeroJAM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see nothing really terrible about the foods on your dinner plate, although white rice and beef are relatively calorie dense. You could potentially save some calories by choosing a leaner cut of beef. I don't feel like it's necessary to go with brown rice; that depends on how you react to phytic acid and whether you like the taste of it enough to stick with it.
    I'm personally not a fan of artificial sweeteners but it seems like they get you through your job, and they should be low in calories anyway.
    Do you snack throughout the day? Or do you consume nothing until dinner and then eat one large meal?

13. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/artificial-sweeteners-sugar-free-but-at-what-cost-201207165030
    the bad thing about diet drinks and artificial sweeteners
    "people who routinely use artificial sweeteners may start to find less intensely sweet foods, such as fruit, less appealing and unsweet foods, such as vegetables, downright unpalatable."
    "In studies of rats who were exposed to cocaine, then given a choice between intravenous cocaine or oral saccharine, most chose saccharin."
    "Artificial sweeteners may play another trick, too. Research suggests that they may prevent us from associating sweetness with caloric intake. As a result, we may crave more sweets, tend to choose sweet food over nutritious food, and gain weight."

14. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    gatorade is really good for you when you are excersizing. dont drink it if you havent broken a sweat

15. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you been measuring your weight? In my opinion, you shouldn't worry too much as long as the number has been going down. The key is to maintain what you've been doing. If you find that your weight hasn't been changing for over 3 months, then you should start reflecting on what you've been doing wrong. Have you been eating snacks? If so, eat at an apple or a boiled egg instead. It should tide you over until the next meal. Do you drink alcohol? Quit if you can. Keep tabs on what you're eating. Despite what some people may think, humans can't photosynthesize. Food is the only way for you to get energy. So, if your weight hasn't been dropping despite doing everything else correctly, you've been eating too much. Lastly, make sure you're taking time to chew your food.

16. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm this cat don't get smaller portion or bigger portion so let speak from experience~

composition of what you eat related to your job, activity and lifestyle. There was time this cat eat lot of carbohydrates stuff cuz high physical activity so in and out kinda balance if not more toward out~

when to eat hmm basically time when ya take breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you add with type of food taken during that time da effect is good enuf. Now this is related to culture so just take as grain of cat fur. Breakfast is hmm not to much carbo cuz carbo is long process digest which can make ya feel sleepy later unless you planning doing extensive exercise such chase neighbor dog tens of kilometers with hammer. Lunch best time to eat as much as you want cuz da body on high metabolism mode da time around 11.00~13.00. Dinner, don't eat before ya sleep cuz your body enter resting mode which mean metabolism on lowest efficiency, da type of food hmmm more fiber? you know thing on fruits and vegetables it help natural detoxification on night sleeping time.

btw this cat under impression usa food mostly sweet or contain more sugar compared with the rest of the world and the size is bigger.

oh also put on mind your sleeping time, sleeping time on night also natural time for body detoxification. If ya work on night time put on mind what you eat. Oh well it also depend on biology clock~

hmm this cat drink more water during time this cat traveling around, its hot here ya know~ more water to point feel no hunger cuz belly full of water.... more sweat and toilet....

oh btw during desk job this cat eat sweet snack such as candy cuz to refresh da brain drink more to rehydrate and excuse to toilet plus sweating... hey even on cold temperatures you still can sweat...

next the exercise..... house chore is good exercise~ you move alot, lift various stuff, clean thing around, cook food ect~ you get exercise, nurture your mind and thing get clean and on orderly fashion~ talking about slapping three cats on one move~ more so if your job is desk job~ even if your job physical one da satisfaction from clean room, home made food, ect is good to refresh your mind~
    cleaning.jpg

17. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To loose weight if you boil it down to the core would be eat less and move more. The simplest thing you can do is just walking around the neighborhood for 30 minutes to an hour every day in conjunction with monitoring your diet. Start there and slowly increase the lengths of walks and maybe start jogging eventually. But you gotta cut out foods like ice cream, coke and similar sodas, chocolate, pizza, fries, and similar food. I really recommend looking into some kind nutrition program or talking to a nutritionist to avoid harming yourself with improper diet.

Lurking and Cutter Masterson like this.
  18. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    I just chugged a whole bucket of ice cream yesterday. So... Don't do that?
    It feels so good though.

19. Recouer

Recouer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't think the energy drink thingy is a good advice for a beginner as it contains more calorie than you can burn. especially if your only wish is to lose weight.

also asriu's advice of drinking water is a good one that i practice myself ( even though i am chugging down liters of water as i used to be a heavy eater ) also it helps prevent you from being dehydrated, i've had so many headaches in the past due to not drinking outside of meals.
    and trying to exercise as much as possible, not necessarily every day but at least thrice a week, which is what i aim to do ( but not this week, since well.. i have a fucking inflammation in the neck that is killing me !!), a one hour run would be best i think, not too tiring and you burn lots of fat.
    also stop drinking alcohol ( i only drink it around 10 times a year in small amount )

20. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    If @Cutter Masterson is a little bit overweight i assume he would have some of diabetic symptoms that is heavy lethargy after workouts. These lethargy can be quite incapacitating for beginners and as he seem suggests he do not have many occasions where he can push for some endurance gain. Drinking sport or energy drinks while can offsets the weight loss can energize him to do more sets increasing his endurance while reducing his down time from exhaustion. Once he adapt to sustainable training regime he can then gradually push for weight loss and it's associated diet or even muscle gain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.