LCD The Protagonists Are Murdered by Me

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by oblueknighto, Aug 12, 2020.

1. -000

-000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Centinni released what they are calling Chapter 53.2.

userunfriendly likes this.
  2. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Rip still dead

3. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it still mind-numbingly bad? Never mind. I’m sure it is.:blob_coughblood:

elengee and Hugh Mad like this.
  4. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Take a look at this;
    `The video on the monitor changed when the psychic person, who was constantly watching the monitor and spreading the situation to the internal team, shouted. On the ground, a flock of rock giants and hunters were at loggerheads, and at that moment, they seemed to respond without difficulty.`

Still isn’t very good.:blob_coughblood:
    It's still just badly edited MTL

Nevermind, an actual pure MTL is actually better than this in some ways:
    Centinni MTL:
    The moment a Pterosaur rushed to bite him, he paused in the air for a moment before taking out his Aether blade. He quickly rotated his body in a 720 degree spin, cutting the neck of his opponent in the process. Shortly afterwards, as soon as he stepped on the head of the fresh corpse, he jumped diagonally. Another Pterosaur’s beak which had been flying towards him came into his view.

Actual MTL:
    As one of the rock Pterosaurs ran to bite me, I paused for a moment in the air, then took out the ether blades and rotated my body 720 degrees in a row to the rear and slit his throat in one fell swoop. Immediately after stepping on the dead Pterosaur's head, another beak immediately appeared in sight.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    Hugh Mad, userunfriendly and Korleone like this.
  5. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I am quite familiar with mtl being better than edited mtl. The last four paragraphs of King of the Battlefield? I ended up tossing the translation, and editing the mtl. The lines were BETTER.o_O But this was coincidental. Usually edited mtl is far better, especially in the case of JP novels. :D:p

elengee likes this.
  6. chocolatechipcookie

chocolatechipcookie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No the target only means that the protagonists are extremely blessed by the world but that doesn't mean that they're all bad. The client has already established this, they're not scum that deserving of death either, it varies. It's not the witch's fault that she was born without emotions, it wa because of her being.

7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    The issue is someone with a low ability of understanding and language making wrong guesses and inserting random unrelated things.
    Just reading MTL, you yourself have the ability to get used to the author's words or sayings in a language, then automatically read it like it's supposed to in your head.

The centinni translations literally feel like someone is randomly replacing each word with a synonym or a wrong word. i.e. what i see a lot is 'her body was.. ' and people are used to some CSI level shit 'the body' so, they translate something supposed to be sensual as 'her corpse was...'. Which while i understand it, it severely grosses me the fuck out to see that in such a context.

Imagine MTL being a maze, and you know how to find a way through it if you follow certain rules. Yet your starting point is completely destroyed by Centinni randomly running around everywhere and bumping into walls. :notlikeblob:

Seriously, why are they even picking up that many novels if they can't even get one right. At this point i'm considering it a cancer on the community. Preventing interested people from picking up 'prime' novels with lots of potential.

8. animefan4004

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sad that the translation is such a major downgrade from Yasi's translation. I really wish Active picked this novel up instead. Since he already got a Korean translator competent enough to translate it, but he decided against it last minute due to centinni picking it up.

I am sure like 50% of the people who read this novel dropped it due to the horrible quality of centinni's translation. And the fact that they are splitting chapters is not really helping them.

Sea Dog and Korleone like this.
  9. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    They’re playing bumper car.:facepalm:

elengee likes this.
  10. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Its the same hero without blood and tears, the translation is garbage. MTL is better than that shit

elengee likes this.
  11. animefan4004

Reading List:
    Link
    At this point, it would be best if centinni drops it. No translation is better than a translation that is butchering the novel.

12. LombokHot

LombokHot Hottest Chili Ever Known

Reading List:
    Link
    Since the community agreed that their TL quality is shit, cant we ban them from posting their works here? I dont know the rules, is it possible?

13. animefan4004

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone has to message one of the mods and tell them that it's barely edited MTL, I am pretty sure after that they they have to manually remove the chapters. Until then the bot will continue to post their links.

I am pretty sure that you can also use the report problem on the main page here: https://www.novelupdates.com/report-problem/

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    LombokHot likes this.
  14. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people would disagree, they figure as long as it’s translated then they don’t care how bad it is and continue to praise it.

I just figure LNMTL ruined their brains :blobowoevil::blobowoevil::blobowoevil:

Whiply likes this.
  15. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Even the title has been altered 3 times now? lol.

userunfriendly likes this.
  16. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    :facepalm: That’s the undisputed sign of doom.:blobsob:

17. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. It’s a sword suicide hunter. At least he isn’t SSS-class yet.

18. HikkiNEETLyfe

HikkiNEETLyfe Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think mc wouldn't hesitate to kill people because he has 15 years of being a hunter and in those years he hunted people too and besides the client said that not all protagonists are evil.

19. Lord Luc

Lord Luc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have the translations gotten better? I really liked the novel before but I couldn't handle the new translation quality.

Korleone likes this.
  20. animefan4004

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it's still obviously edited MTL that they are trying to mask as an edited translation. It's gotten "kind of" better but I'm pretty sure that's was due to the large amount of people that roasted them for the quality of their translation.

I'm more looking forward to how they are going to continue to translate chapters if they hit chapter 100 because from then on the MTL is VERY illegible.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    Korleone, chomer and Lord Luc like this.