Digimon Reboot: Episode Discussion [Spoilers, duh]

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Gandire Alea, Apr 5, 2020.

?

Do you think one of Kouji Wada’s songs will be played at some point in time??

1. Butterfly

42.9%
  2. Brave Heart

52.4%
  3. There won’t be any of his songs playing...

28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. totagamer11

totagamer11 mofu-mofu master

Reading List:
    Link
    @24
    Some might not like it but my favorite ep so far. It felt saving taichi pair woulda made a good entrance for angewoman since t.k. is matt's buddy. Looks like it's time to go to server once again. Anywah really glad it turned out so well cause i really and i mean REALLY hated thw way last season turned out.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that I watched it, I agree! And it was super cute! \(^^)/
    I was super into it this episode! It totally got me! I even cried a bit! >.<

I think Taichi wasn't seeking more power though, he seemed like he was just scared and angry, and those emotions overcame him. Like... Angry at Dandevimon, and terrified of what was about to happen with Takeru... He seemed to become mindless as that happened.

3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, good review as usual but I got few points I want to comment on:
    • First, there isn't a leader but two of them, Taichi and Yamato, true, maybe one of the them shines (in a sense) more than the other but there are two leaders not just one in this season and in season one as well
    • Second, we are talking about children here, so maybe you are expecting too much of them, think about it, MetalGreymon is much bigger compared to Weregarurumon, and as kids with power, they felt somesort of responsability to fight with their partners (and not just watch from a distance, maybe it is the heat of the moment or maybe because of their young age but their actions are understandable, maybe not logical but it is understandable), so mounting the bigger one seems to make more sense.
    • Third, Taichi pushing Yamato is not because of leadership nor because of danger or because that limits Metalgreymon's options (I mean think about it, a giant dinosaur basically carrying two ants on its head, that doesn't really limit what Metalgreymon can do in battle) but its big size doesn't make maneuvers easy especially if he was charging ahead like he was, Taichi pushing Yamato is more about Taichi being a big brother himself, so seeing Takeru, Taichi probably remembered his little sister Hikari and thought how much worried he would be if Hikari was there instead of Takeru, that decision was more emotional based because both of Taichi and Yamato are older siblings so they share certain traits in common.
    • Fourth, that miasma or dark power or energy or whatever it is, rather than damage (the damage seems to come from being hit) it seems to amplify his fear and worry (and not negative emotions, although, I suppose fear and worry can be considered negative emotions in a sense) as agumon didn't 'evolve' to Machinedramon because of evil or dark malicious thoughts but more because of anger and the fear of losing his partner seeing him 'eaten' and that thought and emotions were amplified or maybe twisted (in a sense) by the miasma which gave a temporary form that looked like machinedramon (it wasn't an evolution as the form wasn't complete)
    • Fifth, I like how they made Tokomon have somesort of telepathic ability, maybe, that is because of it being a holy digimon, and holy is the opposite of dark here, so they made the difference in power because of the opposite elements clear and that isn't really a new thing for digimons.
    • Finally, Taichi being eaten makes more sense here, I mean think about it, DanDevimon seems to be mindless, just acting based on its instincts and being of evil nature made those instincts destructive and somewhat like a monster, so there was no logic here, so in such a fight, eating the weaker prey (especially because, even though, MetalGreymon wasn't a mega but he was strong enough to fight back) seems more of possible a 'decision' that a monster would make

AliceShiki likes this.
  4. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s what I said, he doesn’t have a history of wanting to be the strongest. He lost himself to his emotions and that was weird. It really didn’t feel like he should have been at his breaking point.

I half agree with that. Although, this isn’t so much a leadership trait but when it comes to choosing a course of action, it’s been shown that the others are less likely to question Taichi about his decisions than Yamato’s. That said, Yamato so far has wanted to ignore others in trouble and move on while Taichi would help them.

They are kids, so yeah, it’s possible they haven’t thought of it at first, but they can still learn from experience.

Oh, I wasn’t saying that was why Taichi pushed Yamato off. The reason he pushed him off is exactly because of Takeru. What I was saying was that situation wouldn’t have happened if they didn’t insist on riding their partners into battle

5. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    There are some qualities that a leader have, lots of people usually follow those who display enough courage and confidence but most of all, a leader is reliable, Taichi and Yamato both got such qualities but while Taichi is outspoken and knows how to get along with others, Yamato is aloof and began his journey as a lone wolf so to say and in a sense, but he proved himself strong and reliable even when in a team.
    As for riding their partners, as I said, they are kids with power and mission to accomplish so to say, logical thinking isn't exactly a thing that everyone can do during a battle, because when in battle and in the heat of the moment, the first thing that comes to mind is a clash, the more intense and serious the fight is, the more likely for the person to think of approaching the foe even so, if they are children and got monsters to do the battle (illogical I know but otherwise, they probably wouldn't feel like they are doing anything) of course, another reason could be, that they wanted to attract DanDevimon's attention away from Takeru.
    But if anything such scenes is why those characters are the leaders, because a leader is expected to lead and be the first into battle in such situations, being strategic and tactical aren't exactly traits of either of them but those of Koushiro

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2020
  6. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not actually disagreeing with what you just there.

Fear and worry are negative emotions when taken to an extreme. so called positive emotions turn negative when taken to the extreme too. Again though, I don't disagree with this.

Tokomon/Angemon felt more like an empath to me:blobsnow:

Yeah,an ironic end for devimon considering his intelligence. It's a bit like venom myotismon though. He to was a mindless beast

7. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    To me, DanDevimon gave a somewhat similar impression of kid Buu but unlike kid Buu, DanDevimon lost his ability to speak :hmm:

8. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    If were talking about impressions, the venom for me, mostly cause of the tongue

9. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Venom? as in the spiderman venom? :blobunsure:
    I see your point, and while, I would like to say that he looks more like Carnage rather than Venom but when adding the tongue, Venom would made better choice I guess :hmm:

10. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, him. He also has the shadowing around the eyes. While danDevi's where a dark color and venom's are white, they are still pretty similar. His wings however reminded me of spawn's cape

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    This episode felt kinda fillerish and more like an excuse to use Be The Winners than anything~

That said, Koushirou's party still being in trouble is neat, I just wish they were the spotlight instead of Taichi's party.

12. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe they will, since they separated them and focused on Yamato and Taichi (and their digimons, with Takeru and Patamon that joined later)in the previous episodes, I suppose the next episodes are going to focus on Koushirou's party and Hikari

13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, considering Hikari is there, I say the chances of them getting more focus just rose exponentially! xD

14. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    Digimon Episode 25 review

Nice to see they didn't ignore ElDoradimon after everything was set and done, even if it was just to throw him out of the sky.

Seeing real world politics being put in to the show was a nice touch of realism. It really grounded what was happening in terms of consequences for failing to stop the digimon.

Did Yamato throw Patamon at Takeru?? Patamon was moving way too fast for his own wings to have propelled him when Takeru caught him.

Taichi looks somewhat like a super saiyajin with the wind in his hair.

Anyway, they are taking falling out of the sky way too calmly. Shouldn't they be worried about how to land?? Or are they so accustomed to their invulnerability that they think falling from that height won't hurt them??

Glad to see Leomon wasn't forgotten about either. That said, while going down the sky, Leomon's mane should have been flapping like crazy, it wasn't.

Seeing the Big Mamemon literally throw the little ones gave me a laugh. Over all this episode was weird. Ignoring that Gabumon and especially Agumon should have been too exhausted to digivolve, the Big Mamemon mostly just stood around and let themselves be knocked off. There is also the issue that after getting knocked off, they then fell downwards instead of being blown upward for some reason. Then there is the reason that they just remained where they got knocked towards
    Anyway, were Mamemon always balloon digimon??

Why is Hikari there though. Sure, helps for the plot, but what reason does she have for being on that building...

While this episode was something else, it wasn't very imaginative. It just felt like a filler, and not even a good one at that. Just something cause they couldn't think of anything else to write for it. The pacing and animation was okay, not terrible. The biggest highlight is Yamato's change. This time, he flat out accepted helping El Doriamon without any hesitation. Overall, I give it a B.

AliceShiki likes this.
  15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that one was pretty unexpected...

Maybe she called Sora's home and asked where Sora went? Since Taichi and Sora are friends, since a long time ago, she might have her home phone's number.

Wouldn't be a stretch when considering she knows about the digimon already and stuff.

16. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but why is she asking for Sora?? From everyone else’s reactions, it doesn’t seem like anyone else knows that she knows about digimon

17. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    Episode 26 Review

Glad to see Taichi has his (Sora's) mini, one sided, binocular.

This episode started of great. Leomon being shocked at Patamon eating food was priceless. Then came the fight between Seadramon and Ebidramon. It was quick, sharp, and sleek. I could feel Seadramon's pain when Ebidramon grabed him with his claw. The the return ice breath from Seadramon where he then eats Ebidramon. I wish more digimon fights where animated like this!

So, when Taichi told Yamato to take Takeru and Patamon away from there, where exactly was Yamato going?? The coast is obvious being assaulted by 2 digimon. He should have gone in land. Yes, there was a small lake in the way, but Garurumon could have easily jumped it.
    I won't say anything about them going to the next level though. After everything they've been through, it's doubtful as to whether Agumon and Gabumon have received enough rest for such a battle.

But one thing I do have to call out is Leomon stopping Mega Seadramon's charge in midair. Maybe that would have worked if peckmon was flying towards Mega Seadramon and had the momentum to resist the blow, but that wasn't what happened. Let's just say Leomon's arm stregnth was enough to resist the attack, he was still only riding on top of a Peckmon who in turn was in mid air with nothing much to support it. They should have been knocked away.
    The way the digimon are being shown to get injured is a nice touch. Data leaking out instead of blood is also a nice detail. Heck, Zudomon cracking Seadramon's mask with his hammer was awesome!

Speaking of the raging battle El Doriomon sure is chill about it. Digimon are trying to eat the guys who saved it. His response, meh, keep swimming like it's no big deal.

Anyway, the cool animation from this aside, this feels a lot like a way to stretch out the actual conflict taking place in the human world with the other chosen. Either, the writers aren't confident the situation they created is interesting enough, the writers aren't confident the show can carry on without showing everyone in the team even for just a little, or they don't have enough material to just show the other chosen solve the situation (The plot they wrote is too short and needs help being stretched out). Regardless of which, none of them are good.

Speaking of the other chosen, Koushiro is low key hacking a random ship and causing a distress signal. I know this won't come back to bit them, but something like that should be traceable back to his computer. That said, that they found a way to resolve the situation without fighting the Zurumon is great and all, but leaving the Zurumon alone doesn't seem like that great of an idea either. Finding a way to deal with them should have been their following course of action.

Now, seeing as how they are transported back to the Digital World without actually soling the problem, perhaps the show is trying to imply that solving it is pointless?? They can cure the symptoms (the ships going out of control), but the cause (digimon feeding). Let's say they do stop the Zurumon, another digimon could just come later. If this is what they were trying to show, then it worked, but it took a long time to show it. Perhaps the writers just needed something for the Japan bound chosen to do while Taichi and Yamato got into position for the next part of the plot.

Sorry wise, nothing much happened. It progressed forward with everyone getting back together, but really, that was it. The ships were saved, but again, that was more a stop measure for that crisis. More digimon will feed and more crisis will occur. That said, this episode was top notch with quality wise. As such, I give it an A

18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I somehow missed this alert... o.0

And well, she does know Sora knows about Digimon, so she could say something about it... Oh well~
    This episode felt like a bit of filler to me. Lots of reused footage and stuff.

I think they are just trying to buy a bit of time before the next arc, so they made some episodes that didn't require that much from the animators and stuff... At least it's what I think.

I like that Hikari joined them already btw, seems like Tailmon's arc might come next~

19. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    For not requiring much, it was one of the better animated episodes...

20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmmmmm, well, I can say that Falcomon's thrown and Leomon's punch were used at least 3x each.

I didn't see that happen during the Dandevimon stuff... >.>