Recommendations Novels that don’t pisses you off.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Morningstarz, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Morningstarz

Morningstarz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am reading a novel right now and it makes me so angry at how stupid mc is sometimes and how every enemy is stupid.You know? typical chinese novel but I still read through it. Now I am super pissed off and will likely still read it mainly because I read through half of it already and cause I know it isnt easy to find what I like to read.I been reading novels for a while and mainly uses filter such as Intelligent MC,etc to avoid such cases.So I would like to read something that wont make me angry. I mainly read CN, KR novels.feel free to recommend any genre.

Examples of thing that pisses me off
    -All enemies are arrogant and try to kill MC for bullshit reasons
    -Cockroaches/Recycles Enemies —Coming back after being defeated countless times.
    -Novel where everyone keep underestimating MC even after he shows his power.
    -MC is a simp won’t kill women who tried to kill him.
    -MC show mercy to enemy for them to come back and try to kill him again.

Ok, there are many more but its basically something along these lines. I just want to read novels in my free time and enjoyed it. Already stressed from college dont want to be pissed of while reading novels.I decided to post this after reading novel for a while and getting tired of things like these.

eirinllrin and kingSlayer033 like this.
  2. skyfall3250

skyfall3250 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Yhuandi

Yhuandi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mind JP novel? Though it would take me some time to think a decent novel as most of JP MC pissed me off

4. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Stormaggeddon

Stormaggeddon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    don't know about a novel, but, a hentai manga messed with my head once."After School Sex Slaves"
    this ran the gamit for perversions. and boy, did it have them.

6. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    x37wd2mzh6n31.png

7. Morningstarz

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah,good stuff. I remember I binged read all of these then find others to binge not looking back lol something must be wrong with me. But maybe I will go back and read these.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    ChimeoftheEnd likes this.
  8. Morningstarz

Reading List:
    Link
    True, most JP novels are like that which is why it is something I don't usually read. But I've read some that are pretty good. You can recommend me if you know any good ones.

9. Morningstarz

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  10. Bellilelly

Bellilelly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk about the other one in the list but dominion end is really good apocalypse story w interesting plot and character development plus interaction loll

TaffyGirl13 likes this.
  11. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All the ones I rec'd are the stories I loved reading that fit your stipulations. At most ISSTH and RI start out a bit slower. For me at least ISSTH took roughly 100 chapters to really get going. While RI took around 300. But they have the bonus of Er Gen being a king planner and everything he sets up in the early of parts of his story paying off in big ways later.

So if you haven't read some of them. Give them a try. I'd also throw in Second Life Ranker, if you haven't read that one already. If you'd want more specifics on the stories I rec'd you'd have to give me the names of the ones you haven't read.

12. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    He Who Fights With Monsters.
    - Cockroaches/Recycled Enemies - Sentient Enemies typically don't fight directly against the MC, but, as such, may keep up abuse long after it should have ended due to stupid reasons such as pride.
    - MC is not underestimated despite showing power, as most of the influential people not only roughly understand how his powers work and are notably more powerful than him. Politics do mean that they would have issues if they actually fought him directly in public, so you don't have the cultivation trope of 20+ Young Master's starting fights in the middle of the street due to having to walk past someone (the MC) that they didn't like the look of.
    - I believe that the MC's second and third kill of a sentient is a male and female pair he tricked into arguing with each other before pushing them into a death pit.
    - MC starts wanting to show mercy whenever he can, develops to being able to murder easily, and then starts trying to rein in his murderous impulses due to it becoming too easy for him to kill as the answer. While some he gives second chances to came back to try to murder him later, one attempt actually manages to save his life.
    - All that said, the major sentient enemies of the MC are typically arrogant and try to kill the MC for bullshit reasons, like taking personal offence to X thing MC did, which may have prevented them from doing Y thing they planned to do. There's a fair amount of variability between what X and Y is between the individual's in question, but it's never something like "succeeded in obtaining a treasure they wanted", or "defeated them in a fight", like 90% of Cultivation Novels. The only one without a "Y" was directly insulted by the MC for social brownie points (literally directly admitted by the MC almost directly afterwards), and the MC succeeded in a test they failed due to incompetence born from being a spoiled, obnoxious brat.

Klazy Labbit and djsosonut like this.
  13. Plague120

Plague120 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragonborn Saga

14. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Emperor Has Returned
    4,000 years Mage

15. boilhats

boilhats Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Victor777

Victor777 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you can read Google translation then

赤心巡天 (Red Heart Survey)

剑来 (Sword of Coming)

2 of few good ones i have read

17. Klazy Labbit

Klazy Labbit Peko peko peko~

Reading List:
    Link
    Truly they are enlightening.
    Lord of Mysteries especially. I am bored so I will rant about why its so good.
    -All enemies are arrogant and try to kill MC for bullshit reasons: Lotm has top tier villains and each enemy outclasses Klein(Mc)

-Cockroaches/Recycles Enemies —Coming back after being defeated countless times.: Lotm does have recurring villains but thats because Klein never really defeats them. As each one is stronger than him, he can only retreat but he does deal with most though.

-Novel where everyone keep underestimating MC even after he shows his power.: Lol

-MC is a simp won’t kill women who tried to kill him.: Klein never tries to kill actively.

-MC show mercy to enemy for them to come back and try to kill him again: Klein doesn't do that because all is enemies are op and he can't afford to show mercy.

Overall an amazing read.

As for Reverend Insanity....well, Fang Yuan is cultivating without plot armor and is playing god mode difficulty.

House of horrors was something I really enjoyed but it lost its appeal when Chen Ge stopped doing those streams. The horror was toned down and the side characters started becoming boring. I read till ch 800 or so before I couldn't take it anymore. I might pick it up again but not anytime soon.

18. Klazy Labbit

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Subline Act

Subline Act 『 The Only Son 』Cuddly Being ~

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, I like how everyone is recommending something that makes @Morningstarz piss off from a novel. :ROFLMAO: (Tbh I also have the same thing that I don't like seeing that makes me don't wanna read them especially those harem-seeking protagonist)

Quick question what genre do u read? b4 I recommend something cause I know I depends on what interest you

20. Klazy Labbit

Reading List:
    Link
    love how robotic you explained it lol.