Discussion The Abandoned Empress

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by flamingorangesoof, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Alina AquaRegilia

Alina AquaRegilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked the first timeline Tia but think that it would have been better if she just tolerated the emperor,aka the ML just for her country's sake and as her duty rather than loving him.Also Stockholm syndrome is when the victim falls for the kidnapper or in this case the abuser because they were nice to them once and because of messed up minds due to trauma i guess.

2. Alina AquaRegilia

Reading List:
    Link
    To be frank I think that Tia falling for ruvve is so ...weird i mean it would never happen in real life.Trauma victims would never fall or marry willingly their abuser even if they are a good person...just because the abuser changed doesn't mean that the trauma and the scares will fade away ,trauma just doesn't work that way.In Tia's case just because ruvve is from the second timeline is good and a living representation of Jesus does not make the trauma go away sure she might let her guard down a little but i think it would make more sense if she was paranoid about his different personality...i mane it did happen for a few chapters but then it just vanished...without therapy and just because you have someone to talk to doesn't make the pain go away .She needs actually therapy so that she could not forget what happened but instead she can learn to deal with it in a normal way and live her life freely
    THEORY-I think that the reason why Tia actually fell for ruvve is because she wanted to fulfill her fantasy of being a happy family with him.I mean think about it,Tia is not an idiot, it would make more sense if loving ruvve was a coping mechanism to subconsciously reject that the first timeline ever happened because it was too painful to remember and since, mostly she did not have effective therapy to deal properly with the trauma...cause that's what happens when you don't get therapy you develop harmful coping mechanisms to deal with life.
    Hence being together with ruvve makes her think that the first timeline where she was abused was simply a dream,a non existent fantasy and since even in her first timeline her self-worth was tied to ruvve loving her it would seem for her that she is more content and ...powerful

3. Dimension Breaker

Dimension Breaker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True, its just sad seeing it in the perspective of a reader in modern times. She didn't get the proper help she needed so she still got the mentality that it's okay to go back. That why many readers here think her ending is still tragic.
    Its also saddening she still ended up fulfilling her fate of being married to the prince and becoming empress because in the eyes of any god, it actually doesn't matter if it's by choice or not that you fulfilled the prophecy. A prophecy will always find its way to make itself come true regardless of human choices.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    Uhteen, Taruna, Reack and 1 other person like this.
  4. Dimension Breaker

Dimension Breaker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ANYWAYS, we can all agree here that in conclusion,
    The Message of this is literally "live your life to be this man's wife, get betrayed, raped, used and abused, lose your father and your mind because of him and when you have a chance to escape all of that, try giving him another shot because he's a changed man and surely he won't do the same things again" -- I cannot stress this enough but this is the classic and most basic abuse victim mentality that leads to IRL deaths! This may be a fantasy story but this is not something that should be put into anyone's mind! It's f*cking TOXIC and honestly disgusting.

It's honestly funny how I have read other works where the characters were written to be the most vile and disgusting ones possible, even the main ones, and yet this is one of the few who has garnered such hate from me and most definitely the one who garnered it in the shortest amount of time. Author needs to stop fantasizing about abuse and how "everyone can change" and understand that while that is true and people can change, that doesn't mean they shouldn't suffer some consequences for it (justice is different from karma). Trash prince might be an alternate TL version of the one who did those horrendous actions, but the fact that Idiot Lead barely even seems to care about it after living through, dying and then having God intervene on her behalf to give her a second chance is the gravest problem of all.

Looking at the bigger picture: this means that everything the Idiot Lead went through was ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY in order for her to go back and put into effect the chain of events that would "redeem" the asshole.

That's not redemption for the Male Lead; it's just damnation for the work itself.

My final rating:
    2/10 for pretty art -- I at least respect the artist who had to endure this shit and put this garbage into form and color.

Uhteen, Mellogang, Taruna and 6 others like this.
  5. Yac78367

Yac78367 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I persisted for a few more chapters. Then I gave up. My god. Why why is he the male lead? Couldn't the author choose someone else? Like Allendis? Or Carsein? Is the author a masochist? Tia is such a sweet, innocent girl. The author paired such a sweet, innocent girl with such a man. Do you remember what you made him do to Tia before her reincarnation author-sama!?

6. lahalule

lahalule Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its good novel

7. honingzoet

honingzoet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in what world…

Taruna likes this.
  8. plgll

plgll Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    someone explain whats happening i think i read this manga but put it on pause cause i found another novel interesting.

9. Alina AquaRegilia

Reading List:
    Link
    MC,Tia was a bad ass bitch who was raised to be a queen,acted like one and was the best person ever but of course all good things must come to an end...insert the perfect mix between a bastard and an asshole and other profanities that are R-18,who had insecurity issues as deep as the novel's fucking plot holes and intelligence as low as the novel's respect for abuse victims...to keep it short and sweet(cause the ML as sure as hell isn't) the ML hates Tia and decides to marry a South Korean women (we love Asian representation and self insert of the author in an European Medieval Setting) who MAGICALLY appears as a....convenient substitute for us to hate on instead of ML in the near future (cause character development is time taking).Anyways Ruvve (the ML) marries the woman who appeared out of no where (my dude has no suspicion regarding this...why the hell was he emperor again) and makes the girl who gave up her entire life training to be a queen, as his concubine...he *sighs* let's read the list officer...rapes her,hits her,emotionally abuses her,gaslights her,causes her child to die,hates her for no FRICKING reason...like a lot,lies to her that her father is dead,taunts her,torments her psychologically and kills her...OF COURSE he is not a murderer he just "executed"her(fancy term.He IS the emperor after all...and then people wonder why we hate the monarchy) BUT WAIT! It's not over.Tia is magically......transported back when she was a child and now she is all ready to reject that bastard prince and set her own path and carve her own future where she is loved and respected and happy.......BUT WAIT. Do not and i repeat,DO NOT get your hopes up. She ends with the ML,yes the same ML who rapes her,hits her,emotionally abuses her,gaslights her,causes her child to die,hates her...like a lot,lies to her that her father is dead,taunts her,torments her psychologically and kills her.I am SO tired of people asking. And why you ask because true (read "toxic ") love conquerors all.
    There are some specifics but you don't need to know about those and no Chanel I am NOT being patronizing I an just worried for this stranger's mental health.Seriously you WILL barf.
    All in all this is a big FUCK you to abuse victims cause everything is love if you twist it enough (Wait for a few years, the author is probably gonna tell us how Osama bin Laden is the greatest lover of all times and how Hitler is the next Abdul Kalam)
    0/10 would NOT recommend it unless you are one of those people whose hobby is victim blaming or got your high-school A grade in being delusional or are simply an abuse apologist cause LORD KNOWS WE NEED THEM
    And no I will NOT accept any hate
    Lovely day random people...see you soon!

Mellogang, Taruna, Reack and 3 others like this.
  10. Deleted member 262282

Deleted member 262282 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    @Lamune44
    I wanted to ask your opinion abt the rape part [cuz I'm still not clear with it] But he did rape her right?

11. Lamune44

Lamune44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the novel there is absolutely no mistaking it. He literally told her to sleep with him or he was going to execute her father. That was after the humiliation scene where he publicly accused her family of being traitors and made her kneel on the floor if I recall. There is no single country on earth that would not qualify that rape by coertion. This scene was deleted in the manhwa however. For the all the other times, it was really boderline since he didn't care about her well-being and she was always in pain (because he was, of course, super forcefull). If the author seriously intended to make us believe that it was "not that bad" and "kindda consensual" I am very worried about his mental health.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    Anniza_Lyn, Mellogang, Taruna and 7 others like this.
  12. aristialamonic

aristialamonic Member

Reading List:
    Link
    btw, what happened to Allendis at the end? maybe i just didn't look through the spoilers well ... i didn't really understand his ending
    (ノ_<。)

13. Lamune44

Reading List:
    Link
    He left for a long time, only coming back to take controle of his family at the death of his brother. He did not come to the wedding of Tia but sent a chess game as a gift. They will only truly see each other once again when Tia's daughter is around 6 or 7 years old. Since Tia's daughter became attached to him he became her preceptor. He never got over his feeling for Tia and never got married as far as I can remember.

CottonKey and aristialamonic like this.
  14. aristialamonic

aristialamonic Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you sm!!
    I also heard that he was executed for treason or something. I really don't remember the reason, one person told me this, I wanted to know how true it is ...
    Maybe someone will judge me now, but I like Allendis, it's a pity that he has such a fate ...o(〒﹏〒)o

15. Lamune44

Reading List:
    Link
    He did not get executed and is very much alive. I like Allendis too. He might have his own mental problems but did not act on them and mostly stayed decent. And he paid for the two mistakes he made.

Taruna and aristialamonic like this.
  16. Fearless_Sten

Fearless_Sten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you bro . I have to agree that everyone have their own opinion but please be reasonable ( not all of you but some ) SOME of you can't just read a few spoiler then start bashing the ML and when someone defend you just said YoU CaNnoT FoRce mE iNtO LiKing hiM . The Vietnamese which is also my country fandom is Very toxic. I tried to explain to them several time but they just read the opening and then a spoiler from the ending that Ruve will ended up with Tia then they start to call Ruve a scum and Tia a who*e . Whenever i tried to defend they just said that i have no common sense and i just try to justify Rape ???

Kezi likes this.
  17. Fearless_Sten

Reading List:
    Link
    And the funny thing is people start to think of Jieun as a cute , innocent and kind girl who unfortunately being reincarnated and Tia as a evil girl who have no sympathy for Jieun and pushed Jieun to the verge of being exiled

18. Lamune44

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, to be fair:

- The whole story being about Tia still having feeling for First Ruve and not about her falling in love with "new Ruve" destroy all the "different timeline, different him and second chance" argument. And after learning the endgame readers are paying more attention to the clues and realize that very easily. The only reason she get back with him was because she never overcame her feelings for him. So, yes, it's a "victim get back to her abuser story" since he did not have to do anything to gain her trust and affection and readers have no reason at all to believe that he changed that much. For as far as she is concerned he was going to destroy her and her family for pity reasons. It should take way more than him acting decently for her to even accept to stay in the same room let alone have a cordial relationship. So going as far as seing him as a love interest... No, it does not work.

- The trauma argument we hold gainst the story is not baseless. She was sent into a comatose state and their very next meeting, with nothing in between, she is already super cordial with him (even if she already was before that, caring about him and asking herself if they are not fated after all...) There is absolutly nothing that changed in her situation between that. He just showed that he was on his track to do it all over again. She should be avoiding him like the plague, not being confortable and talking about flowers. And you know what was their first kiss? Him cornering her into a corner and kissing her by surprise when she just asked to completly break their relationship. The "forcefull kiss" troop does not work and is certainly not romantic when one side is the victim and the other his past abuser.

- The rape part is increadibly distrubing and need to be adressed. The author is really trying to make us shallow that "Tia was consenting"; However, she was in pain and hated it; He clearly coerced it in the novel at least once. And he did it all while sleeping with his lawfull wife at the same time... I really don't undertand the readers who seriously say that it did not happen because she wanted it everytime... In the second timeline she had to tell him that she is still afraid of him on their wedding night! You can't blame readers to see that as incredibly toxic when she clearly can't differenciate the two Ruve after all and that, once again, the trauma was only adressed at a "convenient time" to "spice up" the story. It should already have been adressed way before, especialy with the forcefull kiss or that one time Allendis cornered her on a wall. All in all, the story seem to switch the blame of a lot of things on Tia who was "cold", "not open enough on her feelings" or "too proud" wen she was the victim. And it does not sit well with a lot of readers. Firt Tia! was fine and absolutly did not deserve anything that happened to her.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    Taruna, Reack, CottonKey and 3 others like this.
  19. Mis Occ

Mis Occ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like all the growth that tia went through, her change in mentality and her ‘second chance’ weren’t really FOR her. it was a second chance for ruve to finally get his happy ending which he most definitely doesn’t deserve after what happened in the first tl. tia learned to express more and that gets ruves attention? it feels like all her trauma pales in comparison to this whole redemption arc and i honestly don’t care about if we are told to understand him better, doesn’t change the fact that he did terrible things. tia doesn’t get a second chance only to fall back into the arms of the person who ruined her life.

Anniza_Lyn, Uhteen, Taruna and 8 others like this.
  20. Fearless_Sten

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw does the fandom in your country toxic ?