Spoiler Portrait of Queen Berta: I Accidentally Got Pregnant With His Majesty’s Child

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by RaiLi, Oct 12, 2020.

1. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    isn’t it obvious that it was Joel? He was all calm but when Johanna started talking, Joel started questioning her marriage to an old man.

2. Fayfay

Fayfay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's Joel obviously. :blobokhand:
    This is part of the conversation Joel had with Berta when he begs for Henri's forgiveness.
    "Why didn't you stop Henri before grew that much?"

She wasn't very interested in Joel's claim, but she was worried about it. So she decided to continue their conversation.

"Henri is certainly stupid and rude. He felt offended if he had to devoted to Her Majesty, the former Southern Princess."

He continued, "Shameless aristocrats like Johanna Schulde are the stupidest.”

"Yeah. You're definitely the smartest among the three," she said.

Then Berta touched his weaknesses to round up their conversation.

"I think you're smart, but it's wise to give up on your barren love for a married woman."

Joel thought he could hide his feelings with his usually smooth face, but surprisingly his face dyed bright red a moment later.

Berta felt like bullying a cheeky younger man and was amused by his reaction that she had never expected.

“I met Viscount Schulde, but those two were a harmonious married couple, unlike the rumor. While you are just Johanna's childhood friend. I guess you couldn't catch her attention and did not show any kindness since you were little.”

"What do you know!"

He may be in a rather painful love. Joel's reaction was fresh for Berta, who couldn't really understand such a heavy feeling. However, She still gave advice to him with a calm face.

"Divorce is not possible in your doctrine, right? So it is better to not have a reckless wish."

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  3. okpanda_533

okpanda_533 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there any other spoilers about Henri Otto? Does he come back to enact revenge or is he gone for good?

4. Fayfay

Fayfay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Until chapter 67 there was no news about him so far. It would be interesting if he gets revenge on Berta, but at the same time he doesn't have enough power to do that (except he team up with Margarita or some conservative factions to enact their revenge on her).

5. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    But the first queen had everything wrong with her brain
    the ML wasnt a beta, he loved her for 10 years and tried to conceive a baby with her at every possible moment. She couldn't so she started giving random noble ladies with pure blood to MC to have sex with them and make a baby.
    She was his wife for 15 years and you know whats her feelings for him? your half blood is of swines, You wouldn't want your son to take on the swine blood ? would you?

Yes , she is that kind of bitch who berates her husband for his blood and wanted to get rid of berta and his son because they were also of swine blood aka not incest between nobel families.
    The author doesn't need to do shit because Margurite was a PoS even b4 berta came around.

and what does MC smartness has to do with marriage with King? Its a KING in medival times and as strong as berta family is , they cant lead a rebellion. The King sent propsoal to MC family for a second queen and her father picks berta because she is the most competent one and could survive in the palace, and she agrees to it rationally.

No king is not the douche, The first queen couldn't conceive, then she used her maids/random nobles with same blood to get fucked, constantly reminded ML of his half swine blood and wanted to get rid of berta and loius, Then she had gall to fake a royal heir- meaning she wanted to rebel against the royalty and control the country.

Abandoned? Her fate was meant to be executed for that last stint and threat against lous life.

6. Feiya

Feiya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly pity the first queen, for the first like-30 chapters, but then reminded of the hell he made for the ml, she seriously deserves more severe punishment. Like, your past doesn’t exactly justify your action. I just want her to widen her view of the world, an MOVE ON, for god’s sake.

ML has good character development; he understands the world and his family better, thanks to Bertia...

nicomcla1995, Dhiyfal, Elisee and 3 others like this.
  7. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah in the new spoilers she is bad. But I'm still talking from a meta pont of view. Usually wed have the first queen be the poor one who was thrown out for being infertile if she were the MC.

And I did predict the athotr would vilify her and they did. And by vilify I dont mean that shes actually inncoent and everyone hates her. I know that the first queen is a bad person who will get her karma as she should.
    Its just that most often the authors will find a way always portray the other women In the wrong no matter what role there in. It gets predictable.

Honestly want a MC who was acutally.in the wrong but gets hit with the character development and becomes better(think eleanor from the good place)

Instead of "MC has never done any wrong in her life"

But anyway I did drop this becuse I knew it was gonna go that way I just came to state my reasoning for my first reaction

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  8. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Cant give more likes so I'm posting to give your post a bit of support.
    I find one story, ONE story that is close to historical times, and people just go out of their way to find fault.
    This story is as realistic as it can be and if I am, to be honest, as historically accurate as it could be compared to those revisionist dramas and books.
    Some people are way too pampered now to consider what real women in history could have gone thru back in the day.

The queen is a villain because she did villainous things.
    It ain't her fault she didn't get to conceive, it's also not her fault that she has to live with another woman to be the mother of a child from her husband.
    But she retained her position and her power. She could have done a lot of good things with that. If she thinks she couldn't have handled it, she could have removed herself from the position and lead her life her way. But no, she thinks she's is some sort of savior that needed to save her husband from some blood purist bullshit.
    The king kept her and every privilege she had. Berta was a second queen answerable to her and even Berta's kid is in danger due to her faction.
    She got her development, which is she turned into a bitter woman coz she didn't get pregnant and she tried everything to 'win' her guy but also insulting him because he has 'swine blood' and a sinner due to his birth.

I could understand her jealousy and her anger. However, forcing other women to be pregnant for her benefit crosses the line for me. Killing a literal child because of his parents crosses the line for me. Thinking you're some sort of savior and her brand of morality bs makes me think she needs help and fewer people influencing her.

To be honest, I don't see any redeeming anything in this type of woman, real or imagined.

9. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    I didnt even knew of the spoilers for a long time, yet I hated her
    The first time was b4 marriage with berta, In chap 1? when she had few years with MC and cause didnt get preggers tries to suicide and tells him to never forget his "blood of sin" and that he needs her to purify/redeem his sin blood so that the new heir wont be like his blood.
    like lost over half of my sympathy for that bitch right there, Thats how you deal with your husband of 10 years? It just showed how broke MC was at that moment onwards
    Second was after berta in like chap 3-4? Where we see MC relief in eyes after despair when Louis is born, showing just how much he had been suffering under 1st queen constant need a pure heir crap and When she plans to get rid of Louis because of his blood and demands berta to give up his rights to him and had planned to get the baby into trouble.
    The new spoilers just added cherry on top of her already shit character for me.

MC lost first respect when the FL got preggers and his first question was, was the child his? instating she had affair..like bruh, did you really had to degrade her character in mid of multiple officials? then second time when he asked FL to give up his baby as well to 1st queen and made her say that Loius had dirty blood in his veins because of her

But atleast he realizes his faults after Queen mother beats crap out of him and trip to south.

Edit : Berta and her family want to part in politics of the palace. Her aim was to satisfy the lap dog king wanted for few yrs from southern areas without ever meeting him again and going home to take over the tribe. Even when son was born she had no change in feeling bar just wanting a life not of misery for him.

There are multiple other characters including Queen Mother who have the pure noble blood but are against the first queen, because she denies the existence of ML itself.

10. peach.pudin

peach.pudin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

she totally doesn´t deserve an F lmao, she got dumped bc she is fking crazy

Dhiyfal likes this.
  11. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    so what? who made her crazy? her circumstances, getting thrown into palace by her own mom , getting brainwashed there , anyone would go crazy lol ,and the kind moved on do easily as if she never existed

12. peach.pudin

peach.pudin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nobody told her what to do, u can´t use the argument of "brainwashed" to justify her actions like throw her lady's in waiting to her fuckg husband, ew

nicomcla1995 likes this.
  13. pansikoser

pansikoser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally cant put the blame on the people here, but they sure gotta deal with the consequences and take responsibility. Both of them are victim of their status and circumstances, and their personality and character then werent as developed. Nor was it a favourable thing for both of them to begin with. The first queen was mentally weak. The king is damned jarred with his compassion.

14. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    sure idgaf abt what you say , don't wanna spoil this thread , bye~

15. hoangmai331

hoangmai331 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still dont like the king and hope second male lead, i mean he hate Berta from first moment, only have sex for duty, during her pregnancy he didnt show up and it is bad if Berta doesnt has baby, her situation will be very bad in first place, the guy didnt like her, all people hate her, only like her after she deliveried the baby. I feel a bit uneasy here due to modern thought. I understand the ancient ppl acted that way but still make me hard to like the novel completely, perhaps it is novel, i hope it gives me a bit better view than reality. To be honest i hate the king most, the 1st queen got obessession from having pure blood, however i read manga see that king also has feeling with her before, things got worse when she couldnt carry baby and got crazy over this. Hmmmm i make me remember remarried queen when king go crazy over the successor

Pansy25 likes this.