Recommendations Hidden Gems/Underrated Novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by AZ21, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Cnine

Cnine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Former General Is Undead Knight

Yac78367 likes this.
  2. kfahad

kfahad 『The Lurker Beast』『Beast fallen』

Reading List:
    Link
    I would recommend Isaac or chrysalis in Royalroad.

Yac78367 likes this.
  3. Yac78367

Yac78367 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Nordos

Nordos Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sekach likes this.
  5. thymee

thymee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Celes

Celes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. thymee

thymee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Phoenix.cF

Phoenix.cF Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Ssavilin

Ssavilin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Legend of Fu Yao

thymee likes this.
  10. Neigh

Neigh "Lich-King" "Harem-Fan" "Tragedy-Hater"

Reading List:
    Link
    Death Mage - A Somehow Strange/Different novel, that is worth reading.
    Unfortunate Hero's Retirement Life - A Interessting Novel
    Reaper of the Martial World - A Somehow different Cultivation Novel, with a Massive Size!
    The Second Coming of Gluttony - A Korean Novel with Beta MC. Still Worth reading. From the Same author as MEMORIZE.

11. hikigayaaaa

hikigayaaaa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can always try to read on RoyalRoad.

12. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    Doomsday Wonderland- i hope u know chinese after ch 800

Reincarnation paradise- join us on comrade mao for mtl that is decent

Reverend Insanity

many interesting works are found on royalroad, i have a link in my signature with descriptions for each

13. AbsoluteNothingness

AbsoluteNothingness Lumen De Aurora

Reading List:
    Link
    Pivot of the Sky - Very unique setting and a true hidden gem imo.

Plague Doctor - Cthulhu mythos elements and a very good novel with mystery-solving, another hidden gem.

14. AZ21

AZ21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the rec man,i already add most of your rec to my reading list, I already has ZTJ in my reading list have not read it though

15. AZ21

AZ21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I already read it. It has a nice plot it was one of the best GEMS out there, nice one tho Xd

16. AZ21

AZ21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well I read the manhwa tho, its like 20+ chapters I think

17. AZ21

AZ21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Already read most of it will read this one tho I Beg You All, Please Shut Up

Thanks but I Already read Both of Them..
    Doomsday Wonderland unfortunately it was Female Protagonist, I'm still don't have the urge to read novels with female protagonist, Thanks for the rec though

Thanks for the rec added it to my reading list

18. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    These below are all found on royal road

Tree of Aeons- my first webnovel that got me into webnovels, will always have a special place in my heart. It has world building, re: monster/tree, and so much more

Theifs dungeon- clever as shit reborn dungeon who doesnt know who its past self was, though sus for a human, has a taste for beautiful things. It has a unique tension that makes it morbid and at the same time tragic. An art of a story that was ended midway through a plot, complete my ass.

Abyssal Dungeon- another amazing dungeon story, this ones about a dungeon underwater. Instead of humans, the bad guys are fairies

Snake Report- The reviews mislead me, the snake in all its glory was amazing to read, and the insanity.. god, nothing was more interesting to read insanity done right, in fact there were times where I suspected the author was making the reader go insane, in a good way

Bloom- tree op af, has snake report vibes, it goes from wtf style to holy shit, holllly shit. well tldr, lil tree looking harmless becomes full on badass god eater world eater and most wanted in the multiverse.

Menocht Loop- my substitution for the mandatory loop novels. its not exactly a loop.. its a loop but thats only volume 1. later on it dwells more into politics and action etc

Calamity of a reborn witch- romance slow burn, magic, church, politics. understatement to say its good.

Parasite king- system apocalypse, man forced to parasite a final boss. try at least the first 20, plot kinda stagnates after that

Dungeon Mage- imagine Reverend Insanity, but instead of gu, its a dungeon shard system. incomplete series, author hasnt returned in a year so assume its dropped

Dungeon carl crawl- out of all the "aliens telivising our apocalypse" systems and survival stories, this is the best of the genre/troupe

Chrysalis- human re: monster, mc is an ant surviving in an enormous dungeon that spans the underground of a planet and his adventures and legacy that makes his species reach the pinnacle.

Ben's damn adventure - funniest shit ever, cant stop smiling when you read, an apocalypse not taken serious, system with a personification. honestly have no idea about the direction of this story.

Journey of Black and red- female lead who is a badass, never seen before, vampires done right, perfection, instead of classic europe, it takes place in post independence America and follows history of America accurately.

Healer- not your traditional restart tower climber series. ...it might not even be it for you. Its kinda slow paced and focus on how mcs actions lead to a greater indirect consequence throughout the tower after he turns back time

Never die twice- void herald- about a necromancer who will do everything it takes to achieve his goal for immortality

stranger than fiction- interesting story about this dude who gets isekaed to a dungeon and is the last survivor of dead earth. is stuck with this uppity bitchy goddess and his journey to godhood

Esoteric skeletal dungeon master- funniest shit ive ever read on royal road. my fav work. its basically a satire/parody of a normal isekai troupe

Vaudevillain- honestly reviews on RR speak for themselves.

Rise of the Lord- the ch before the drop were really well written. extensive world building, zero to hero protag. author dropped this story

Melas- the rewrite - its about this reincarnated chick whos op ability is the best sorceress in the world, but like..... whats the point if all sorcerers are being hunted down? she faces moral dilemmas, goes on her own adventure, and over all isnt a piece of shit

Burning stars falling skies- humanity extinct, but alien lizards have taken over their knowledge and decided to rise up to avenge them, if u ignore the plotholes its beautiful and deep

Generic Apocalypse- the chapters are long and few. generic cant describe it. honestly its an interesting twist to the apocalypse system so far with mc being atypical and his powers being one of a kind

Fair Princess- with only 20 ch this ranks as the shortest novel i read, and it was a 4 hour binge worthy series. dont let the description fool you, its nothing about slice of life , the whole story is not about getting a wish from the king but rather the aftermath of what happens when she discovers shes a pricness, and its a masterpiece

Yashima chronicles- about a young neurodivergent chick who gets isekaied under unique circumstances, The deadpan way she views the world is super funny and the misunderstandings that pile up. The running joke here is that she thinks everyones op as shit when she is the true op one

The weirkey chronicles- extremly unique. MC is this cynical jaded man who is back for round 2 for revenge and answers. cultivation system is based on soul homes, a unique concepts thats unhead of

Flight of the Last raven- amazing story about a man who was given a second chance at life and climbs his way from an abyss and fights his way through the world in trying to earn his own glory and his second life

Rend- a sociopath female done correctly, the main premise revolves around hero /antiheros in a world of superpowers, eldritch beings, set in modern america

AZ21 likes this.
  19. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    reincarnation paradise
    tru hidden gem
    mc is a solo cold badass and fights with a sword, has a unique blood line, jumps worlds starting with anime and then unique original plot line worlds. My top 3 , would put it next to LOTM and Reverend Insanity and doomsday

20. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnation Paradise