LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    The author keep showing memorize's characters as all so powerful. But I can't get invested with it since didn't read due to lack of translation plus the negative reviews make me don't want to read it.

The author kinda destroy my image of jihu cause it seems that his just weakling to author first world. Also the struggle in the novel seems meaningless cause of this connection.

Is author mocking the novel that got popular by making them weak cause he got butthurt from the hate he receive on his first novel?
    Can't help but see that way..

Geor likes this.
  2. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At least we know SCOG has better character development, as opposed to MEMORIZE being the avenger type regressor/returner dark fantasy story. I'm still willing to read it though, so I can understand how the Fallen Angels got fucked so bad. Just imagining it terrifies me. The humiliation. The torture. The amount of time suffering. Yikes!

JinVodka likes this.
  3. JinVodka

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I read comments how nasty MEMORIZE MC is beside the whole parasite thing was his fault. So literally he cause genocide to an innocent planet albet empire was trash but still.

I don't know how some readers keep pushing to translate Memorize when it got lot of negative reviews on the Korean Site. Beside it being just egdy vengeful MC who seems unlikable.

4. JinVodka

Reading List:
    Link
    Author is trying his best to show to SCOG fans that his first child Memorize is much greater and cooler so they should read but end up mocking the second child lol.

Cause the SCOG got popular, he probably thought his first novel will get exposure from it. So it looks like being force to people from what I get.

5. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    MEMORIZE from what I have read was definitely an attempt by the author to explore these ideas.

Honestly I think they learned to make their characters weaker and explore their characters more (which I heard they did more towards the end of the novel)

But yeah it does leave a bad taste in the mouth to see the characters we all saw grow so much get pushed over like nothing. I mean to be fair Kim Hannah wasn't the strongest character, but its a little ridiculous for her to get her shit kicked in like that.

Its understandable to have your original characters in a higher light for yourself since they started everything but tbh the SCOG crew are the ones that got the author a lot more attention so you'd think that they wouldn't try and hurt their image.

tkato likes this.
  6. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Seol Jihu needs to train more. After defeating the Parasite Queen he should have started train to reach godhood. Especially knowing that there are guys on Earth that are stronger and can use their powers.

7. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Readers keep in pushing for it because it's a good story and the prequel to SCOG.
    It may have some negative reviews but it's widely regarded as a classic for Korean webnovels.

8. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, whether SCoG's characters should be stronger or weaker than Memorize's cast is irrelevant. This whole situation was handled poorly so the author could create an opposition between SCoG and Memorize fans despite it not being necessary.

9. JinVodka

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm spectacle with that good story point cause I read the reviews and only see it as edgy protag. Well some readers have fetish with this edgy story and though like Rooftop Swordmaster. The MC in Memorize is plain unlikable for me.
    Agreed with that especially how Memorize isn't fully translated so SCOG overseas fans will not get the authors point. Causing confusion and misunderstanding that will lead to a fight.

10. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, it doesn’t bother me, it makes sense. The Martial God almost killed the PQ with a single half-hearted strike. Jihu had to burn his potential to barely do enough damage to bring her down. We have known for a long ass time that the people of Memorize are heads and shoulders above the cast of SCoG power-wise. For me it is logical that someone would push back against Hannah snooping around their business, specially since she didn’t say the reason. Had she said “I want to talk with the Martial God about Paradise” maybe this wouldn’t have happened. What I guess will happen is Jihu will manage to find them, will maybe do a showing to earn a bit of their respect in a test of sorts that the Martial God sets up without his knowledge and they will each mind their own business after the Martial God forgives the Fallen Angels. Maybe the Martial God will ask Jihu to turn into a god so he will have a potential rival and Jihu will be like “meh, I’m fine living my life for now”, like he said to Gula. Who knows. But yeah, for me this development is logical (except for Hannah not saying why she was snooping around their stuff), I don’t mind it one bit.

Sami11 likes this.
  11. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understood, he wasn't the cause of the genocide but he certainly allowed it to happen. Doesn't change the fact he is a more cruel and selfish bastard even in Paradise standards. Though, the Seven Sins did say or speculate that Seol's potential is equal or slightly higher than the Martial God and he does have his innate ability which might further evolve once he truly becomes a god.

12. JinVodka

Reading List:
    Link
    He ALLOWED it! He can just kill the parasite queen easily but he yeeted her to another planet like ops and ask the angel to clean his mess.
    Making a protag a cruel and selfish bastard plus OP gary sue is already minus. Which will just end up making the novel unlikable to most regular people.

13. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So far I'm utterly unimpressed by ss8 and ss9. They were completely uninteresting. The tone's also completely different to the previous side stories. Here's hoping this crossover with the M E M O R I Z E characters ends soon and we can get back to actual entertaining side stories.

Tarrian and JinVodka like this.
  14. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I read teaser of the SS9 I thought we would have a light-hearted chapter with Kim Hannah and her cousin teasing each other about having to share a man with other women. Instead we got Kim Hannah being beaten up and the novel stating that the only reason she wasn't killed was because of her relationship with her cousin.

JinVodka likes this.
  15. animefan4004

Reading List:
    Link
    A) Why would he give a shit about the parasite queen when she was some random bad guy to him.
    B) One of the main points of MEMORIZE is that MC has become a psychopath after seeing that he lost everything. No human being would be able to stay sane after seeing what he saw.
    C) Making an MC a selfish bastard isn't going to make a novel unlikable to "most regular people". Reverend Insanity has an evil mc, and it's one of the most popular novels on this site.

16. Neshe

Neshe Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You have got a wrong idea, In korea scog got more attention due to memorize unlike here with the translation scene. Main website for memorize is joara which mostly has positive reviews and it is like top 3 most popular for korea with like 100m views. In ridibooks 50% of reviews are negative for every single novel even scog if that is the site you checked.

Memorize mc is manipulative and evil but there is a good reason for his action from what I have read.

animefan4004 and Arbalest like this.
  17. Linnette

Linnette Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...Why did the author do such a thing though? Wouldn't it be better to make it so that the readers who read Memorize will also read SCOG, and vice versa? I don't understand.

Personally, I like how there's finally a crossover between the two series (other than the whole thing about PQ and Fallen Angels), though I admit it's a disappointing one.

18. Kin_

Kin_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally im not really enjoying this crossover, cant tell if its because the tone became srs again all of sudden or if it is simply because i dont know anything about MEMORIZE besides that new manhwa adaptation but these last chapters have been hard to get into.

corrr and JinVodka like this.
  19. JinVodka

Reading List:
    Link
    You already stating the obvious that I already said that is a selfish jerk with sad story. Sorry but I don't like that trope that it okay to do bad things cause I have sob backstory.

What I mean by being unlikable is to the common folks or regular people. Most novel readers are kinda loner and edgy so they like the Xiaxia protag gary sue. But if you show it to the most common folks then that will trash to heaven. Beside the Death Note having evil protag, he did have bad ending. Just because it popular in novel doesn't make it any likable to normal folks who have moral sense.
    I read some reviews and there leggit criticism on how it drag the story too much and too much OP stuff.

It weird how many people complained about Memorize story and how it's bad that author learned his mistake in creating SCOG. I heard how lot of people trash Memorize for it's sex scene and r*pe.
    SCoG has some flaws but seeing how the Memorize is the first work it would have more flaws.

In the end the way the author is trying to shove his first work in SCoG is a lot of disappointment. Cause it just mocks the progress and hardship of the characters in how they easily bullied.

I Expected Kim Hannah and her cousin to have a fun talk and rant about harem life. Not plain power show off and degrading.

You guys like Memorize and edgy MC.
    But most common folks don't.

Tarrian likes this.
  20. animefan4004

Reading List:
    Link
    Please don't associate your own personal tastes with "most common folks" because that's just not true.

A lot of novel readers themselves are "common folks", everyone has a moral sense, being a novel reader doesn't make you stop having one. People in general just enjoy stories with an evil protagonist.

Lots of popular fantasy stories are grimdark which usually have evil protagonists, and a lot of them have those protagonists win, yet they are widely praised by these "common folk" that you are referring to. Some of what is widely considered to be the best shows also has an evil protagonist come out on top, some examples of this being shows like "Dexter" and "Breaking Bad".

Novel readers can also see when a novel is bad, as a lot of novels on NU are heavily criticized, it's just that fact that they are able to enjoy the novel without caring about the flaws. "Common Folks" are also able to do this, seeing that many "common folks" are able to read published novels that also have been heavily criticized and are known to be bad.

Unironically, there is a version of MEMORIZE that had the sex scenes, rape and the R-18 stuff removed, and yet most people still prefer the R-18 version to the censored version. Should that not tell you something? And from what I can see, most of the negative MEMORIZE reviews are coming from the fact that the translation was trash and the fact that the novel is slow. Yet, most of the people who have read more than 300 chapters of the novel have 4-5 star reviews.

For the whole "shoving MEMORIZE into SCOG" thing, you seem to forget that SCOG wouldn't have happened at all if MEMORIZE didn't. So I don't know what to tell you there.

tkato likes this.