Recommendations Hidden Gems/Underrated Novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by AZ21, Nov 18, 2020.

1. AZ21

AZ21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    damn u got so many Thanks bro,well imma save this one and go to RRL

2. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Werxd

Werxd Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just like you too I'm bored with all the novels because I have read many good novels so when I read the others I feel very bored but I can suggest you Chaotic Sword God, Reincarnation Of The Strongest Sword God, Emperor Domination, Overlord
    I'm sorry if you've read it I haven't read the novel for a long time anymore, many lists that I've forgotten but of all the 4 stories that are very interesting to me

4. luckymorris

luckymorris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've recently read a pretty good xianxia that had every element to be just another garbage xianxia but ended up real fine (well, so far, the novel isn't finished and translation is about a 1000 chapters behind the RAW)
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/legend-of-the-great-sage/
    Not too much plot armor, the MC pick his fights, bid his time and escape when needed instead of pulling a power up out of his ass.
    Despite being harem, the MC isn't an horndog that'll try to get every girl in his bed, he realised that his time is limited and that he can't take care of 10 womens, we'll see how it plays in the futur, but so far he only have one girl with no plan to get another one (but is still interessed in two others).
    The female characters aren't here to be MC trophy wife, most are just not romantically interessed in MC, they have their own aspiration and while being a bit macho, the sexism isn't nearly as disgusting as most xianxia novels.
    The pace of the story is not great but not awfull either, there is just some times where MC stagnate in his cultivation for quite a bit of time but there is also sometimes where he progress quickly. As for the time that pass in the book, i think it hit the sweet spot between xianxia novel where MC become immortal in a year, and novel where MC seclude himself for decades/centuries.
    As for the story itself, you can just feel that the author is planning ahead which avoid plot holes or plot running in circles (Martial God Asura being the text book definition of that), which result in a good balance between fights, adventure, training and slice of life.

It was a really good surprise for me, the translation is also of good quality with daily chapters, i'm glad to have this novel on my reading list.

5. Plague120

Plague120 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragonborn Saga super good 500+ chapters

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  6. AZ21

AZ21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well thats why I made this thread so people like us can just find the gems/underrated good novels here,I already read the novels that you recommend,thanks though

7. madvil

madvil Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Klazy Labbit

Klazy Labbit Peko peko peko~

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Plague Doctor
    A horror mystery type novel which gives scp foundation vibes. It focuses more on the mystery part and has a refreshing plot. It is a bit boring at first but it picks up pace later on and is an alright read.

2.Cultural Invasion In Different World
    Mc reincarnates as a demon prince in an isekai world and proceeds to bring culture to the world.
    A group of dragons binging on a Game of Thrones marathon day and night.
    Elven druids are crying fountains of tears to the story of Hachiko.
    Humans and dwarves trashing a pub just for a legendary Hearthstone card.
    Even the gods have descended from the heavens to rush the publication of “Sherlock Holmes”.
    Last but not the least, the archdruids setting up an online auction house business with the gnomes and dwarves as the cultural invasion from Earth descends upon this other world!
    The synopsis basically shows u an idea of what happens...

3. The Great Storyteller
    This is really underrated. The MC achieved great success with his debut work, his first book sold well and he became famous at age of 17, but from there on he was never able to write something as good. Eventually he lost everything, even to the point of becoming homeless but in his second life, he doesn't become op or anything. He just has a better understanding of life and uses his own experiences to write a book. This has a slice of life feel with gentle pacing. If you liked Hyouka, then this might interest you. It gives off similar vibes but without mystery but books instead. Really great read when you want to read something different than action or romance oriented novels.

4. Trapped in This Boring Room!
    A short 12 chapter book with a very interesting plot. Basically mc is as the title suggests trapped in a room and he has to write a webnovel that gets first rank and stay like that for a year. Mc is also trapped in a timeloop which resets every year and he has to start all over again. Mc's slow descent into madness as he struggles and cheats and does everything he can to escape is amazing. The book captures the feel of writing a webnovel very accurately (I can relate to mc as I too used to write a wn). Overall a very interesting read.

5. Trafford’s Trading Club
    Synopsis:
    Luo Qiu became the boss of a ‘club’ by chance.

It was a weird club that sold strange items and with a servant girl that had 300 years of working experience. Countless people with dreams, hopes and ambitions came to the club to exchange anything precious they own for what they want. They would offer their lifespan, items, and even their soul. Every successful trade would increase Luo Qiu’s lifespan by a little.

“Tribute successful, your lifespan has increased by 99 years.”

As thus, Luo Qiu began his endless life as the club’s boss.

The synopsis gives a basic idea of what to expect. Basically mc is the devil but as a shopkeeper that sells anything but at a 'price'. This book is good for the first 300-400 chs or so and becomes boring afterwards but till then you will be entertained I guess..

Thats all I have for now. Hope this helped you~

10. SayMrrp

SayMrrp 抱抱爆爆宝宝

Reading List:
    Link
    Immortal Devil Transformation, if you haven't read it yet.

It has a meh name, but it's actually the opposite of generic.

Also, Doomsday Wonderland may have a female MC, but she doesn't have the meh qualities of most CN female MCs.