Spoiler The Hated Wife Wants to Divorce the Hero General! I Don’t Believe in Suddenly Returning and Become D

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Nov 19, 2020.

1. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: The Hated Wife Wants to Divorce the Hero General! I Don’t Believe in Suddenly Returning and Become Doting
    Raw Link: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n0891gg/
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series...ieve-in-suddenly-returning-and-become-doting/
    Description:
    Soaris is a 22-year-old countess who works at the castle.

She got married 10 years ago.

Anyway, it was a contract marriage between a famous count family that needed money and a Viscount family who wanted “honor”.

At the time of marriage, her husband Alendio was a 15-year-old son of Earls, and Soaris, a 12-year-old daughter of Viscounts.

“Why you?”

“… Yes, I think so too”

The conversation did not continue, and I had a long time to drink tea silently.

Without knowing each other, only three months later Alendio set out as a knight on the battlefield.

“He was an heir, so was exempt from military service as long as he pays, but he hated marrying me that much…?”

And for ten years, formal letters only came every six months, and they still don’t know anything about each other.

Soaris is now 22 years old, she started to work in the castle due to the downfall of his parents’ family.

Her husband, Alendio, played an active role as a general and made numerous military achievements during the war.

And there are rumors that they will win the long-standing war and will return to the Arc de Triomphe.

Soaris, who suddenly remembers being married, relieves, “I can divorce.”

For the past ten years, she’s been working hard and become firmly trusted as the princess’s safe keeper at the castle.

I thought “it’s okay, soon, we’ll be finally free.”

“He, who has become a Hero of the War, should have a better match.”

But when he appeared, he met Soaris and said, “Let’s have our wedding celebrations soon.”

Without having time to hand over the divorce petition she was holding, he took her to his huge mansion that was part of the reward obtained, and an unexpected doting life began.

“You are as cute as 10 years ago”

“Sir, did you lose your eyes on the battle?”

It is a story of a man who became a good husband suddenly and his wife who wants to divorce somehow.

SPOILER:
    - I absolutely pity the ML in this story. When he was younger he was cheered up by the MC who he thought was just a commoner. The reason why he became a knight instead of a government official despite getting the highest grades with just self study was because after the MC cheered him up was due to him overhearing her saying she will look for a knight to protect her. He then quits the school he started and immediately applied for Knight training.
    - When he finally gets to the age of 15 his father begs him to get married for money. The ML is super upset since he had MC in his heart this whole entire time. Even when meeting with her he didn't look her in the eye. Then realized the person he married was the person of his dreams. Only hit with the shameful realization that he married her for money which made him unable to her eye even more. He thought she would judge him but the MC was so kind and understanding. Especially, since she knows they are only destitute because of getting all the
    medicines to keep his dying mother alive. He then rushes towards to the opportunity to go to war for the reason that he wants money and glory to dedicate to his dear wife. ALL WITHOUT COMMUNICATING ANY OF THIS SHIT TO HER. Leading to main source of the understanding MC has for - "her husband hating her."
    - Then massive misunderstanding #2 is the one that really kills and is also a source of massive misunderstanding. He didn't realize her family became destitute as well and thought she would be waiting for him at their family's home instead of working at the castle. Thus, sent all of his love letters and presents he sent faithfully to her family's home. What's worse her father never told her about them and sold all the presents to pay the debt collectors. Her father kept all the letters in a pile and there they sat - unread. At which point the ML starts truly freaking out and finally understanding why the MC wants to divorce him.
    - The MC is also at fault as well never communicating fully to ML. Then got the idea in her head her husband hates her and now is demanding divorce.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    Dofu, Tem, twilight_123 and 38 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Malacat

Malacat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds super similar to "I'm ready for divorce" and that novel really just continualy got worse in the MC abuse.

Is this one better than that?

Do they actually resolve stuff and the ML stick up for the MC?

kawaii12345 likes this.
  4. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did he discover that the MC was the girl (who he met in the past)in their second meeting(Where he said “Why you?”)? Or did he discover just after marrying her?

5. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    He was surprised that when he met her for the 1st time , but later he knew right away its the girl of his dreams. He always had it in his mind that she was a commoner since she was running around in the streets. Thus, when he saw it was her he was shocked and said - "why you?"

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    Dofu, otomereader, Mindy1 and 7 others like this.
  6. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML is way better than that. Once he gets back from war he tries all he can to get the ceremony off the ground and tells her all the time he adores her. However, due to the massive misunderstandings she has it stuck in her head that he hates her. The worst is misunderstanding #2 - when he realizes it he really loses it and freaks out. Then he brainstorms with his underlings on how to persuade her that he is for real. In the story - "I'm ready for Divorce" his underlings got in the way a lot instead of helping. Also, the ML is kinda passive. The ML in this story is SUPER proactive. What is more frustrating here is the MC's super damaged self-aspect and since she always liked him the thought he hated her gutted her all the time.

Dofu, Kyyiiq-q12, Tem and 25 others like this.
  7. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting. Do we share equal POV to both leads or does it lean more to one of them? Still... fine dynamic. Proactive ML and a semi broken MC (not fully because of outside/3rd party factors) but mainly BECAUSE of the two of them lacking in communication. Okay, I'll bite

imreallyanarwhal likes this.
  8. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does fl father ever got punished for selling all the presents ml bought for fl and not sending the letters?

Jukki and kawaii12345 like this.
  9. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah. He understood the situation. They were poor and being harassed by debt collectors who acted like the yakuza. The ML having been similarly destitute understood the need for quick cash. The 2 men had thought she (MC) would come by and ask for them(letters) but she never did. Poor planning on their part. Also, the break down in communication was pretty awful. The dad was too ashamed to tell the ML their family was poor now. The ML in a war wanted to think of positive things. The MC was assured in her stance in everything.

Dofu, Tem, imreallyanarwhal and 18 others like this.
  10. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm soooo happy both men sides understood. Now, if only they could solve MCs crippling lack of self confidence due to all these events

Dofu and Jukki like this.
  11. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish the chapter where you get to see the situation from the ML POV was translated. That short conversation with the shocked/worried ML and the embarrassed father-in-law was kinda cute. It shed light on all their characters, interactions, and the situation. I wanted to cuddle both of those weirdly adorable fretting men.

Dofu, BooBoo, honingzoet and 5 others like this.
  12. Coffea to Ell

Coffea to Ell 【❀ Sleepy Bunny ❀】

Reading List:
    Link
  13. yourstrulylen

yourstrulylen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is really interesting~~ thank you noodles-sama for always unearthing possible hidden gems~

14. Antherusnick

Antherusnick Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This matches my flavour so thank you

15. RaiLi

RaiLi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank u!!

16. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there anymore spoilers....? Some sweet moments of the FL and ML???

17. Redvelvetlove

Redvelvetlove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. KaguyaDreyar

KaguyaDreyar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  19. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok the dad selling the presents i can BARELY understand but he REALLY should have at least given her the goddamn letters?? WTF man, i get you're poor but your daughter and son-in-law are husband and wife??? WHY KEEP THE LETTERS AWAY FROM HER.

Dofu, Tem, Cu1turedweeb and 4 others like this.