Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    fellow gardeners, seems like Dynasty might be having some server troubles as Dynasty has been down for several hours.

Kitten is not a word i ever expected to be used with Fucking in a sentence :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

Ubik likes this.
  2. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished reading Don't Chase Me, No Result. The whole plot is very cliche and soap opera levels of drama, but the actual content handled things in a romantic comedy type of way so it ended up being very fun to read. Basically the MC, Tao Youqing, was used as a stand-in for Jiang Yaling, the person her boss, Zhou Yirou, was in love with. She was forced to retire because Jiang Yaling instigated Zhou Yirou to suppress her because she was jealous of how talented Tao Youqing was and didn't want her to win the idol championship spot. She was Jiang Yaling's stand-in for Zhou Yirou for 5 years before she decided enough was enough and broke up with her. She would find a way to pay the rest of her mother's medical bills herself and also quit the contract that was about to expire with Zhou Yirou's company.

This is where the FL, Yuan Chirui, comes in. She's the boss of another entertainment company and had thoughts about wanting to sign Tao Youqing since she wanted to know if she had any of the talents she had on the stage 5 years ago. She's very idle now that she's stabilized her position in the Yuan business so she can do whatever she feels like now. She makes a contract with Tao Youqing where she would sign with her company while also pretending to be girlfriends so they can shake off the people who they don't want to interact with. For Tao Youqing, that person is Zhou Yirou while for Yuan Chirui, that person was Jiang Yaling. This is part of the very dramatic plot set-up I was talking about.

The part that really pushed this to soap opera levels of drama was when Tao Youqing found out from her "mother" that she wasn't actually her mother. She was swapped at birth with Jiang Yaling and she was actually supposed to be a daughter of the rich Jiang family and Jiang Yaling should be Tao Yaling. It's... really something. The Jiang family also found out and took her back to their family. They wanted to make up for all the years they couldn't be with her and are actually really good parents. They didn't kick out Jiang Yaling but they made her the third daughter while Tao Youqing would be the eldest daughter. They didn't even treat her unfairly or anything, but Jiang Yaling is a selfish bitch and wanted to monopolize the Jiang family's love the same as she wanted to hog the spotlight as an idol even though Tao Youqing was more deserving of it.

The rest of the plot was basically Tao Youqing making her debut and taking back all the things that Jiang Yaling took away from her. And also falling in love with Yuan Chirui, though it's Yuan Chirui that fell first. It's kinda like a proud Son of Heaven type of thing where all of the grievances and pain that the MC went through was reversed and she was able to stand at the top as she should have. Oh yeah, also Zhou Yirou ended up falling in love with Tao Youqing after they broke up and she saw how brilliant Tao Youqing was on stage. Fortunately, the MC did not go back nor did she even think about going back.

The big sellers for this book was how hilarious and interesting the MC is (think the MC of She is the Protagonist) and how funny the romance developed. It was very much a romantic comedy with some really dramatic plot lines. The plot lines aren't treated dramatically though and things are resolved quite peacefully. I genuinely thought something crazy like someone getting kidnapped would happen but naw, it was just chill. The romance was the big focus here and I think it was done quite well. I would give this a 9/10 for enjoyment value but the beginning felt really rushed so I can't give it a perfect score.

3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Machikado mazoku is a very entertaining cgct 4-koma manga with lots of yuri ships.
    But this... THIS! Such casual bomb drops!

Attached Files:

Ubik likes this.
  4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, this seems interesting~

5. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My only problem with this series is I can't stand the magical girl somehow hhh
    Anyway I'm marathoning some yuri English tl series I haven't read at NU... Esp the Japanese ones.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Ubik likes this.
  6. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
  7. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    A Chinese yuri novel recommendations spree~

宠后(After pet)
    My queen is super fierce and I dote on it.
    The emperor died, and the little prince who was not favored before became the new emperor.
    The little emperor was softly persuaded, and the voice of the generals from the upper dynasty could be scared.
    Unexpectedly, this little emperor dared to risk the world's ignorance, regardless of the letter from hundreds of officials, stupefied to make the first emperor's favorite concubine a queen!

Later,
    "Niangniang, today the emperor secretly ate melon seeds during the dynasty."
    "Niangniang, today the emperor did not pass the homework."
    "Niangniang, today the emperor has listened to Jiagui concubine to play the piano again."
    "Niangniang..."

Baiguan : The emperor must have been punished by the empress again last night. Look at him today, his eyes are red again. Hey, the emperor is not a weapon, but also a hard-working empress.
    The little emperor: The queen who has been appointed by himself must be spoiled even if she is crying.

不努力就要回去继承天庭(If you don't work hard, you have to go back and inherit the Heavenly Court)
    Guan Nianwei is an atheist. As a result, her boss Dongyu and colleagues are gods.
    Guan Nianwei whose belief was destroyed: To live with a smile

Dongyu is not only a god, but also a second-generation god, and a second-generation god who doesn't want to go home and inherit the family business of Heaven.
    More than that, she often said serious things that were not serious.
    "Secretary Guan, can I hold you?"
    "Secretary Guan, can I touch you?"
    "Secretary Guan, can I hold you?"
    Even...
    Guan Nianwei blushed and covered her mouth. : "...Don't say it anymore!"
    How could there be such a blunt fairy!

公主半夜又爬我窗户(Princess climbed my window again in the middle of the night)
    Lu Sixian walked into an indescribable book and became a'male match' with a female disguised as a man. She married the heroine and met the famous scene of catching rape as soon as she walked through.
    The original owner greened the heroine...
    In order to get rid of the reputation of being a vicious "male partner", he worked hard to bring the male lead and the female lead together, and spared no effort to put himself a green hat.
    If you want to live a good life, there is no green on your head.
    When the Bingqingyujie, gentle and graceful hostess turned into her window in the middle of the night, she shivered while holding the quilt. How could the hostess behave as a flower picker.
    Qin Ruoqian has been a princess regent for more than ten years, and was finally poisoned by a glass of wine by his nephew.
    After waking up, she entered a scripture book with the same name as her, and somehow became the emperor's most favored princess.
    Betrothed to the rival Lu family son.
    I learned from the script that the enemy is a woman.
    When she was about to kill her, she found that the enemy was pleasing her every day.
    Not only to please, but also very soft to the touch.
    Who doesn't like a fragrant and soft girl?

Until one day,
    Qin Ruoqian: What do you want most.
    Lu Sixian: Open a brothel and earn him billions.

鄰居每天都蹭飯gl(Neighbors eat rice every day gl)
    Lin Qiqi's neighbor is fair and beautiful and loves to eat rice.

One more pair of chopsticks, Lin Qiqi tolerated, one more pillow... can't stand it anymore!

Black belly Miss X soft cute little chef is sweet

黑心美食館(Heixin Food Hall)
    It is
    rumored that there is a Yun Gourmet Restaurant in Sangcheng, and only those who are predestined can enter it. They may come from different worlds: ancient, apocalyptic, interstellar, magical world, fairyland...

What Yun Gourmet Restaurant All are good, the only drawback is that there is a black-hearted boss named Yun Sangsang, who changes the method every day to cheat the hard-earned money of the guests.
      The guests thought Yun Sangsang was black-hearted towards everyone, until that day they saw her sitting in front of a beautiful female guest with a smile on her face, and her voice was so gentle that they thought hell: "Enough? Do you want to order?"
      Female guest checkout , She actually said: "No money, this food restaurant organizes activities, not only eats for free, but also a small gift to give away." The first day, the second day...Why does that woman engage in activities as soon as she comes? They never caught up!

Then one day, when they saw Yun Sangsang sending the woman out, they smiled and hugged each other and kissed.
      After she came back, the guests said loudly: "Boss Yun, we can..." You can eat for free if you sell yourself, they can!
     Yun Sangsang: "Get out of here!"
    Guests: Don't do it, don't do it! Isn’t it just not that good-looking? Double standard dog!

理性霸总在线追妻(Reasonable boss chases his wife online)
    In five years, Luo Yunshan has changed from a slightly autistic girl into an outstanding young man who is famous overseas. As soon as she finished her studies, she thought of going back to China and looking for the person who took it out of the haze, the teacher named Feng Liu, who was her heart-warming teacher.

Before school started, with the help of friends, Luo Yunshan successfully put on the skin of an art teacher and returned to the school where she had only been for three months.

Outside Feng Liu's office: A
    physical education teacher: "Mr. Luo, I like you, you are willing to give me one..."
    Luo Yunshan walked over with a cold face, completely ignoring the words of a physical education teacher.
    Onlookers: Teacher Luo is still as cold as ever.

In Feng Liu's office:
    Luo Yunshan smiled and put his breakfast on the table: "I heard that Teacher Feng has no partner?"
    Feng Liu raised his head in confusion:? ? ?
    Luo Yunshan fingered himself confidently, "How does Teacher Feng feel about me, so considerate, capable of attacking and retreating and defending."
    Feng Liu reluctantly reached out and touched Luo Yunshan's forehead: No medicine today?

Ubik likes this.
  8. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm back and bring a back log of fun recs

How To Fail as Green Tea
    绿茶翻车指南
    This one title is kinda similar to Green Tea Villainess Fail- ehm anyway, MC is bound to a system 666. Her mission is to find true love for villainess.

MC: Do I have golden finger?
    System: You do, but you need to be in negative distance and enter the villainess.
    MC: FUGG

蚊香牌女主
    Mosquito coil heroine
    MC bend the female protagonist into mosquito coil

Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  9. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok guys, the green tea one is super recommended.
    Mc : green tea stock line : big sis, I miss you.
    Fl: since you missed me, your kitty must be wet, right, can I see it?

I choked as I read this line LOL

We have mc doing stupid shit like finding bf for fl, but then she hot around and realized she fell in love with fl.
    Second world mc and fl is in business marriage but fl wanted to divorce.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  10. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay so I finished reading Being a Scumbag in Dog Blood Text [QT] and my world view has been refreshed multiple times reading it. It's exactly as the title says, the MC is a transmigrator who completes wishes for the female partners who have regrets from the mission worlds. The twist is that they're all from really dramatic stories. At first I thought that it was too short and shallow, but then when I got halfway through it, I realized that was the point. The plots aren't supposed to be carefully thought out, it's supposed to be exciting. And it was definitely really exciting. Think breaking up with your boyfriend and then getting with his mom while entangling with his stepmother and his new girlfriend kind of exciting.

Also, word of warning, the MC really is a scumbag. Surprisingly I still liked her cause her imagination is so rich that she can turn any situation into some super complicated mess that I end up laughing my ass off at. Like she deliberately does things just to add more drama to the plot and she's very honest with her desires. She's only honest with that though cause she lies through her teeth most of the time, as a scumbag does. Does not actually ever become any harem situations though, which I'm pretty sure would've been different if this story weren't on JJWXC since they always mention the 1v1 rule.

There's 13 worlds in total and the worlds also get increasingly more and more dramatic. Literally the last world the MC went all out and fooled her half sister into thinking she was in love with her and then said some more messy stuff implying something between her, her half-sister, and her stepmother. Nothing of the sort actually happened but the MC really loves running her mouth and causing misunderstandings. Anyways all in all, I don't actually know how to rate this because this kind of story is different from everything else I read. This is more a series of standalone stories than anything, and the subject matter is still vulgar. There's lots of cheating and playing a scumbag all over the place and the romance isn't very romantic. I'd say it's more of a comedy than anything since I ended up laughing so much.

11. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh, somehow there were no updates here.
    That was understandable. But I tried to imagine transformed humanoid Kerrigan or similar in maid outfit.... nope. Imagination have system failure. :blobsalt:
    Thanks, will add it looks interesting but looks like it's very slowburn, right? I had read about 4 chapters and story goes literally nowhere.
    Maybe you not a cat person? :hmm:
    I had read this one while it was in ongoing. I like this author works except for some (it will be mentioned later). They have written She is the Protagonist. Said it before. I like how author made MCs with loose screws in the head that made funny, unpredictable but somehow rational decisions (even in current ongoing story). Still tropes are heavy in this one, it's more like cinderella story. But overall fluffiness in later chapters and growing of both MC and relationship with FL are nice. Also there were two masterpiece scenes: 1 - when Jiang Youqing revealed that she is Q of hearts. And the Jiang familly ball where FL has fallen for MC completely.

With recent developments of manga I'm wondering where the second season of anime will stop. :blobunsure:
    It's cute and fluffy funny story. But there is still Looking up to Magical Girls that could be more to your tastes :blobthinkingsmirk:
    After She is the Protagonist I tried other works of author and don't find it interesting after starting chapters.
    That was interesting and mentioned it it's from author 千觅荷 (Villainess, I’ll Pamper You f.e.) When author tried to make something different they made this story. Judging from points experiment was unsuccessful but story is good. Still Author continue to experiment even in current ongoing QT story.
    Looks like it's interesting. :blobsmirk:
    Nope, no touch. :blobdevil:
    Blame 2 or 3 censorship waves on JJWXC (mostly in 2019). There are different reasons but pretty much of somewhat lewd scenes were locked. Authors just keep them locked or removed or rewrite those chapters. Example, in recently translated Princess, Spare My Life 47-48 before censorship and after are different
    Before 47-48 were about princess finally attacking MC and there was sex scene where princess took MC virginity. Somewhat made a payback for earlier. After censorship in 47 there were stating result of that night and 48 as completely extra
    Finally, get to read some licensed yuri TL:
    "ROLL OVER AND DIE: I Will Fight for an Ordinary Life with My Love and Cursed Sword!" or LN version of
    Do You Think Someone Like You Can Defeat the Demon King? (WN)
    Still it's 10/10, dark, gritty, gory, cruel, heavy, bloody but in the end there is still cute stories of relationships between main characters. I know that in LN story is changed from WN (from first look of it LN v.3 was not in WN at all). But if kiki don't make wedding scene of MC and FL same or better as in WN I will be angry :blobangery:
    Blooming in Different World is a Lily Flower
    or A Lily Blooms in Another World
    8/10
    It's cute heartwarming story. It's a pity that extras in WN source were not translated.
    I don't think it cost that sum that was asked for it though. But I don't think I lose money but it may be troublesome for others.
    And something about current mangas:
    Whispering You a Love Song is cute as always it's good when misunderstandings don't drag down story and resolved in same chapter.

Mage & Demon Queen recent chapter is nice and unexpectedly good. I imagined worse. :blobsweat: Still, now even I feel bad for princess :blobsweat_2:

Hello, Melancholic! - it has new chapter and there was good progress. As always with author stories it's late. But today I saw it was completed in current volume so looks like it's another axe for good story :blob_teary:

12. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah the first world they don't get together at all and it's unrequited love from the FL's side. It's not until the second world that something happens but that's only near the end after the MC figures out that the FL might be the same as the one in the previous world. The important part of this story is the road to them getting together.

13. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking at the title, I remembered its n old story that has been recs back then... And the mc still a scum lol.
    I forgot most of the world, only world 1. Maybe I'll reread later. Do you know the pairing at the next worlds?

14. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Done reading the green tea.
    The emperor arc isn't recommended since its basically be but author turned into bittersweet he.
    The last few arcs also rushed
    8/10 quite fun

15. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    To anyone who wants to take part in the current Yuri Garden Anthology, Sappho's Spinning Wheel, there's one week remaining to make your reservation.
    After midnight on the 28th of November (GMT), no new reservations will be accepted.

Fully completed and edited stories can still be submitted for unreserved tales up until the final reserved tale is submitted.

For more information, see the information post here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/blog...ri-garden-collaborative-anthology-event.3927/

16. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh.... I'll just say the names of the pairings of each world and the titles of each arc since explaining who the target is is really complicated.

General Manager's Little White Lotus (1st world): Du Qingwu (MC) x Lin Qingyin
    The Scum Chasing Her Wife Crematorium (2nd world): Fu Yu (MC) x Lu Wanrong
    Becoming Her Ex's Sister-in-Law (3rd world): Ke Bailing (MC) x Shi Can
    The Stallion Male Lead (4th world): Xia Xiaoshi (MC) x Yan Yi
    Being a Vicious Female Partner in the Ancient President's Article (5th world): Bai Zhenzhen (MC) x Ye Jin
    Scum Girl's Fish Pond Management (6th world): Zhao Keying (MC) x Jiang Zhixi
    Auntie, I Don't Want to Work Hard (7th world): Qiao Ruo (MC) x Liu Qingru
    She Got Cuckolded After Hidden Marriage (8th world): Gu Qingzhi (MC) x Yu Bing
    Don't Want to Flee to Irritate Your Wife (9th world): Jiang Zhi (MC) x Chu Yue
    From a Scumbag's Ex-Girlfriend to His Stepmother (10th world): Mu Wan (MC) x Song Linxian
    Offended Three Bosses at the Same Time (11th world): Xiao Yuetong (MC) x Yun Ning
    Sea King (12th world): Jianyin (MC) x Tang Shiyu
    Since You Want to Pursue Stimulation, Then Follow Through Until the End (13th world): Su Ying (MC) x Gu Lian

AsianessPride likes this.
  17. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    @blazingseraph
    some of the arc title so stimulating lol.
    Anyway does anyone remember around which ch mc of female general eldest princess
    realized what fl has done and she became angry she refuses to come back ?

18. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Just started reading "she's the protagonist", so well-written(and, yes, I know it has been discussed already)
    PS:
    YRB is so smooth

19. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    This one is interesting

前女友和女神在一起了
    Ex gf and goddess is together
    Mc fell asleep and woke up in vr made by alien. Fl is human that was raised by alien? Mc needed to unveil mystery nd stopped the world's time stop after she has finish it
    Honestly I'm like ??? But the concept is nice. It's also short.

穿成总裁的顶流替身
    Transmigrated into the President's top substitute
    Mc is like in title. Dog blood but he, mc married fl.

President Boss is bent
    BOSS总在弯gl
    Mc's bro is good at galge (choose your girl a la the world god only knows)... But mc was the one who is transported to grab the General boss' heart.
    Mc: you are wrong, bro is the one who clear the game!
    Later, mc meet fl who is totally in line with her preference~

AsianessPride likes this.
  20. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    This one is xuanhuan
    It's... Oh well.
    穿成女主的反派师尊
    Transmigrated into the Villainess master
    Mc transmigrated into a book as villainess master.
    She has system but is used to spoil heroine with dairy product like milk n cheese.
    The heroine is supposed to be with her junior sister, but somehow she liked her?
    Heroine's weapon supposes to be qingmeng sword pair with junior sister's xingxi whip but somehow it become yulu sword which is her weapon's pair?
    Mc: ....
    Heroine: master and my weapon is a pair, according to the explanation, we're lovers! (Heroine only listens the first half of explanation lol)

MythosRes and AsianessPride like this.