Discussion Is love enough to make you get married?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 295969, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Deleted member 295969

Deleted member 295969 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    is love enough to make you get married?

what is love in your point of view?
    if love is enough, what would happen after marriage?
    what will you do when you have a clash with your spouse family?

Deleted member 41274 and imK like this.
  2. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    you also need some sort of civil servant or a religious men (for some reason most religion don't accept woman) and two witness (or sacrifice whatever term you prefer)
    love is following you without question to invade russia during winter
    winter would settle in, food and fuel will start to run low, fight for every scrap until you resort to canibalism
    so they are bringing their family to this two person assault commando mission? fine but i won't share my rations

3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminds me of this quote:

Love marriages around the world are simple:
    Boy loves girl. Girl loves boy. They get married.
    In India, there are a few more steps:
    Boy loves girl. Girl loves boy.
    Girl’s family has to love boy. Boy’s family has to love girl.
    Girl’s family has to love boy’s family.
    Boy’s family has to love girl’s family.
    Girl and boy still love each other.
    They get married.

4. Pleasantly-plump

Pleasantly-plump Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello so answering each question line by line. Here we GO!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.....hahahahahaha

A feel good sensation only fit for worshipping Trapdom and raising kids.

Definitely a divorce probably. Not all love is good love too. Plus Love doesn't pay the bills nor is it eternal. The renewal plans usually comes in 5 or 10 year terms. ( Go for the 5 year plan).

Who cares about the in laws? Unless they are giving you money. If not, the key is to make sure you spouse has your back even if you are wrong.

Deleted member 295969 likes this.
  5. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, you also need responsibility, tolerance, acceptance. You need to accept your partner's strong and weak points, oftenly communicate without hiding anything open mindedly, etc.

If you get married without mentally and physically prepared, divorce wouldn't be weird in the future.

6. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
    I think love is important for marriage, but not the most import thing. After all, love is always in flux. For me the most important factor for getting married is if both parties cherish the other. That way, even if the love falls apart someday, you will never find yourself living in a nightmare.

Also, if your partner cherishes you, then they will work with you to either resolve the conflict with their family, or to create workable options of avoidance.

7. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    You need to attend civil record to get marriage license in the form of document/certificate and throw some party if you want, which will cost you money.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  8. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    depends on the couple.
    incalculable factors that always differ based on region culture and so on.

9. SilverFeather

SilverFeather [Seeker of Yuri]•[Likes tomboys]

Reading List:
    Link
    Love huh, I'd say it is a sickness, because no matter how rational you are, once it hits you your rationality ceases it's functions.
    I'm not saying love is a bad thing on itself, it can in fact be a very nice thing, but sincerely, love is a double edged sword, just like it can bring a person long term happiness, it can also completely destroy somebody's life.
    Would I get married out of love? Hmm sincerely I probably would, as I said before, when you are in love you are no longer truly rational, people says love is blind, and I agree, love blinds you of almost all negative aspects your partner might have, there's also a desire to please them, which isn't much of a bad thing when the love is mutual, but when it is onesided... It can lead you in a downwards spiral in life, but eh whatever. Sincerely I do believe a marriage needs more than love, but if somebody is trully deep in love, those things are usually forgotten

Hmm it must be noted however that everyone probably has a different view on what is love, for me it presents itself as a desire to be with that person, to protect and care, to support, to try to share their happiness, hmmm at the very least as far as I have experienced, funny thing is at the time I was pretty much being used, guess that gave me a slight distaste for the idea of falling in love?

10. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends. Love can be enough, but it would end up being a difficult marriage.

If you marry only out of love and you never lived together, talk about the type of life you want, if you want to have kids... then you'll have to work all of that out during your marriage, if you want it to work. It's possible to do so, but only if both parties are reasonable enough and flexible enough to do so + both parties need to think being together is worth the trouble of resolving those issues.

In my eyes it's better to first have basically a "trial marriage", which is simply to live with your partner and ask them about what they want about life. If there are only minor differences or the differences do not bother the other, then go ahead and marry.

Clashes with the spouse family can be resolved if their family isn't too stubborn. If they are and they hate you just because of who you are (like you are from another country, or you are a democrat and they are republicans and can't stand democrats...) then avoid them as best as you can. If you have to spend Christmas and the like with them, be polite. Think of it basically as working with a collegue you really dislike. You have to just get through it. If they insult too much for no reason, talk with your partner about never seeing them again. You could try to get your partner on your side, but that will strain their relationship with their family, which would suck and could be a big point of conflict. So if you work out a deal where you don't have to go with your partner to visit their family, do so.

And what is love... I don't really know, but I would say it's enjoying the company of another person, be willing to make time to be with that person and think they are important enough to fight for (in the sense of resolving problems you have with them, instead of walking out of the relationship as soon one thing doesn't work out.) Now that I wrote that, love is basically really friendship where sex is expected/the norm.

11. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As someone who has never been in a relationship I'm gonna say...no.

Though my opinion may change if I ever get into a relationship. I don't know. I used to think I knew what it felt like cause I've had crushes before but hearing it from people who have been in actual relationships...I really can't relate to any of their feelings. (As in, not just relate, I literally didn't understand. It felt like just sugar coated words and none of them are actually serious. But so many people said it so intensely that I'm starting to think they might actually feel that way.) So...even though I seriously doubt anything will change even if I do get into a relationship, I'll still not set anything down in stone till I've actually experienced it.

12. Chu2

Chu2 Sunshine~

Reading List:
    Link
    me, personally or the general "you"?

For me personally love would obviously be a factor, but not a big one. Obviously, I have to care about the person, but there's also the practical side of things. Can I afford to live with them? Do I only like them because I don't have to live with them? Are my goal and theirs both something that we can mutually support each other without compromising our own goals?

13. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    My parents have had a successful marriage in the sense of the number of years they have stayed together. But as a child, they appear to me as a most unfortunate couple. This has created a negative connotation in me towards the entire concept of marriage.

As per love... You cannot really explain or define it till you experience it.

14. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    What is love?

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

15. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wish I knew. Never been in love. Only been in lust.

16. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    yesnt~
    legally you need to be recorded on civil eh uh those department that record how many citizen on country~ oh well depend on country legal married couple may different requirement such legal age to marry, da gender (yes you read it right on da world only few country allow hmm same gender marriage), is it harem or not (yes harem may legal reverse harem dunno)

then lets move to.....

nah this cat past phase marry only cuz love~ marry is huge commitment and responsibility, this cat don't wanna it end up on divorce~ oh well who knows~

tldr, marriage is two families become one~ yeah this cat know~ that just usual stuff~

17. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was boy loves girl, boy give dowry, boy marries girl

18. ru5ty

ru5ty Citizen of MILF Kingdom

Reading List:
    Link
    you also need money....
    agreement between two people
    you need to unite the two families, and also a lot of trouble from them
    you need to compensate, you cant have it all in marriage

19. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on the persons themselves. They are the ones getting married. They are they ones going to suffer the consequences.

In Ai-chan's opinion, it's not enough. Financial security and familial support is necessary for Ai-chan. Ai-chan wouldn't marry a homeless man or elope and no longer able to see Ai-chan's parents and siblings. Ai-chan wouldn't want to raise a child in a situation where there is a good chance Ai-chan won't be able to raise them right. Making a family needs more than love, it needs responsibility.

But that's neither here nor there, since Ai-chan is already married and part of a polygamy.

As for Ai-chan's in-laws, Ai-chan's husband's family was confused when we married because Ai-chan gave him a condition that he would have to marry Ai-chan's girlfriend as well if he wanted to marry Ai-chan. He proposed the idea to his parents telling them that he had a girlfriend and wanted to marry her too and his wife (Ai-chan) allowed him to marry her. His parents were confused and asked him why he accepted the arranged marriage if he already had a girlfriend.

Ai-chan's girlfriend's mother is a single mom and is quite close to Ai-chan's mom these days. Waiwai's mother has no problem with her daughter becoming a man's second wife, as long as Waiwai is happy. Waiwai's mother is also so hot that Waiwai wouldn't allow Ai-chan to stay alone with her for any length of time. It's unfortunate that whenever Ai-chan suggested to Waiwai about having a threesom with her mom, she would tie up Ai-chan and whipped Ai-chan while saying, "Stop fucking my mom, you slut!"

20. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    1. No.
    2. A great feeling and a potentially positive force for emotional growth in healthy-minded individuals.
    3. Love isn't enough to make me want to marry. I don't feel the need to marry, but I'd consider it if I met someone I could realistically see a decent chance of building a healthy life together. I don't need marriage as a spiritual or legal commitment. De-facto relationships of 3 years duration/de-facto couples with children are treated the same as legally married couples here, so it really would be because the spouse wants to and I'm okay with that.
    4. Work through it if they're reasonable people. Misunderstandings happen all the time. If they're consistently disrespectful I do the same thing I do with my own friends, family and acquaintances. I lay it out clearly what is and isn't acceptable to me and if they continue to behave in ways that are detrimental to our familial relationship, I'll cut them off. I'd do everything to remedy the situation, except be someone else's punching bag.

nyamachi, Ai chan, mir and 3 others like this.