Spoiler I Swear I Won’t Bother You Again!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Nightingale4444

Nightingale4444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes I look at Violet’s dad and think: ‘This. This is medieval inbreeding at its finest.’

Hypothon, Pearl1995, Seiren88 and 5 others like this.
  2. MiyaMira

MiyaMira Jobseeking Sloth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Certified Imouto

Reading List:
    Link
    By now Imma just pretend that MJ as Ibelin from Miss-Not-Sidekick, and their world is actually a novel world where MJ is the heroine of said novel with the world revolving around her hence her innocence and "lovable" personality, whereas Vio is the reincarnated into the villainess protagonist (except Vio is def not Latte cuz she doesnt hv supportive parents like Latte).

A lot of people hate/dislike MJ cuz she's suspish af and some people is trying to be objective in their opinion and justifying her innocence of character. Eh. I'm on the spectrum where I'm annoyed of her but I won't be calling her with swear words like some other 'villains' in novels I've read cuz she falls into "good intentions make things worse" category for me. I do hope she'll become more mature from the incident of Vio getting hit live in front of her eyes so it'll be the real good character development imo.

Honestly, best thing she could do for Vio after this incident imho is to distance herself from Vio and if she wants to help, only to do it veeeeeeeeeeeeeeerry secretly without any soul knowing except herself. Oh, and also if maybe she could start by secretly poisoning dearest father with a slow, torturing deadly poison. Granted, poisoning the dad who had loved you your whole life is ungrateful and a whole lot other vices, but the sadist part of me wants MJ to experience a soul-torturing situation of killing her own father to make amends to Vio? Welp, I sounded like MJ-haters supporters though I am actually around the periphery lmao

As for prince Claudia? I hope he and his aide gets swamped with so much papers they die from overwork. Yeah Vio's actions before she came to her senses was not pretty, but since she has decided to stay away from him now why can't he just accept being ignored? Also imo the biggest asshat after the dad is actually the prince aide like wow really? You clearly can see she's uncomfortable with Claudia now but just cuz your prince has an interest with her you decided to ship them together? Oh, and you're also clear of Yulan's feelings for Vio and still try to pull strings. Wow aide, you're the real beetch here. I'm disgusted with the aide and hate him more than what MJ deserve in this forum.
    TLDR: I hate that prince's aide more than MJ. His intentions "may be" good but he's still a beeetch to me.

Mikaa, Xxr, Khadz and 7 others like this.
  3. Astrology Freak

Astrology Freak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did I just read through 35 pages of text, discussion, and spoilers to nibble on? Yes. The discussions were A+ tho. The most recent spoilers being even more! While I have a 100-page handwritten paper to give tommor--later and exams? Yes. And so, my analysis + nitpicking + wishful endings because I'm slacking off relaxing attempting to organize my LONG thoughts:

The jury still seems to be out for Maryjun's innocence in the matter. I can't say she's completely innocent, but she's certainly the least of all evils; the most being the dirtbag father who deserves the blood eagle torture. While on hot coals. Maryjun's practically just a more well-rounded version of Feng Wushuwang from Cheating Men Must Die, mixed with a sprinkling of Ibelin Dott from Miss Not-So-Sidekick. She's raised with affection, and I have no doubt that Maryjun was probably shielded from the worst of the world, but that manner of upbringing also brings problems. Her main flaw is that she reacts on emotion, and from what we've seen, generally doesn't care about anything unless it challenges her worldviews. i.e. the entire "Yulian's Reason Why You Suck" Speech being the more recent slap to it, and the more gently delivered one on the Prince Cape incident. She's also oblivious to social cues, which probably doesn't endear her to most readers/in-novel characters. High Society is the ultimate Stealth Insult Superbowl, after all, lmao. The worst of her (possibly willful) ignorance is more or less seen from Vio's perspective.

Yeah, unfortunately, I find this to be true, though not to the point of mental disease. Her self-centeredness shines through despite her attempts to be nice. Maryjun wants to spend time with her sister? Barges in her room. Like they're close sisters, which they're not. Actually, isn't it polite to knock on someone's door despite how close you are, before entering? Sees her father throwing verbal abuse? Oh, maybe he's just reminding sister of her duties! And doesn't even speak up, because it doesn't concern her.

MJ wants to study with Vio? Doesn't even check out if Vio actually wants it, and doesn't notice how awkward the atmosphere is. Or how Vio avoids her like the plague, unless necessary. Though I also think both Vio and MJ are in pari delicto: MJ keeps on asking without regards for Vio's boundaries, while Vio doesn't have the guts to refuse politely. Maryjun's self-centeredness manifests in that she doesn't think of how others feel; and instead on how she thinks others feel. However, her redeeming point is that she does seem to idolize Vio, even to the point of protesting her execution (of which the details are muddled), though she does draw some flak at not letting Marin testify about Vio's abuse at the hands of the Vahan family. I don't think TL1 MJ believes that though: her sanctimonious nature and rose-coloured glasses in that timeline probably prevented that.

Yep, if it's actual love, it's definitely poorly delivered on MJ's part. MJ probably has rose-coloured glasses (which Yulian brutally shatters and throws into the river, for good measure) projecting that she has a loving family, and an awkward big sister and everyone adores her. Then Yulian comes along, swaggering in, and goes "You absolute idiot with a flower field for brains," and elucidates on how her mother was a homewrecker, her father a man who abandoned his innocent daughter in the clutches of his psycho wife, and how she, as the result of that illicit affair, robbed Vio of any chance of happiness. The latter two were spot-on, but the third is partly yes-no. Violette's father robbed his daughter of her happiness since he chose not to take her with him. Maryjun, as far as we know, is just a dense kid who needs to learn how to read social cues and learn that other people might not exactly feel or think the same as she thinks they do. Hence, while Maryjun is not actively malicious, she's not completely innocent, either.

Or, she could also be a White Lotus, and I'm just reading too much into it. One inconsistent thing that ticks me off about Maryjun? Her father should have probably got her the education she needed as a noble, most probably, the bare minimum. Like, if he was going to make use of his dead, abandoned legal wife's cash and estate, at least fucking spend it properly, you shitstain.

Hahaha, yeah. No sympathy for this woman.

She's practically blended into the wallpaper for the past chapters, and she suddenly turns up creepier than expected. This *points to lady* willingly rode off into the sunset with a married man (who was admittedly, forced into marriage via Ducal Pressure), and probably knew that he had a child with that crazy woman. And didn't even bother to tell him 'Okay, but like,,,can't we take your other kid?? like, idk fam, ur wife's eyes look weird.' THEN once said wife dies, she has the fucking audacity to come into Violette's home and act like she's the lady of the house, spending the money and estate that was Vio's to inherit, when her husband shouldn't even have any rights to the Vahan Fortune, having abandoned Violette for 16 years. Lady, tap the fuck out now before this entire thread mauls you.

Oh, and MJ's Homewrecker Mom honestly reeks of Social Climber Vibes. We dunno yet if she did seduce him, or if they had a prior engagement; but if she was a decent person, she could have??? Stood Up for Vio sooner??? Maybe told his horny shit off to stop thinking with his dinger and act for his daughter??

Yeah. Ripped from Wikipedia: The blood eagle is a ritual method of execution, detailed in late skaldic poetry. According to the two instances mentioned in the Sagas, the victims (in both cases members of royal families) were placed in a prone position, their ribs severed from the spine with a sharp tool, and their lungs pulled through the opening to create a pair of "wings". The blood-eagle ritual-killing rite appears in just two instances in Norse literature, plus oblique references some have interpreted as referring to the same practice. The primary versions share certain commonalities: the victims are both noblemen.

Now, we add some coals to add more suffering, and burn down the Vahan Mansion with him inside! Or, we could all go Midsommar and stuff him in a bear carcass too!

On a more serious note, I hope the hammer of the law comes down hard on this guy. If this were IRL, he'd have absolutely no rights to the Vahan Fortune, having abandoned his family. His legal wife, Vio's Mom, writing a will negates the fact that he's her parent. She was mentally unfit to write a will, and I'm sure most Vahan Estate servants can attest to that. Moreover, the shitstain committed a crime of moral turpitude: adultery. So yes: why the fuck would anyone trust: (1) A Scumbag who ran off with his mistress and abandons his daughter, and (2) a woman who forces her daughter to dress and act like said Scumbag, to write a decent will? MJ's mom, being a party for the adultery, is not likely to get anything either.

Look, I. Want Vio's Grandpa, to absolutely terrorize the shit out of the sperm donor. I want him to assert that "You abandoned Vio and the weird lady here and you think you have the right to the Vahan Fortune? pffft yeah no, gtfo. :))))" I want MJ's mom to fear that oh shit, consequences, and MJ to realize that her parents here, being liars by omission, have hidden a crapton of secrets from her, even more than what Yulian told her. I want MJ and her probably-social-climber-mom demoted back to commoner status. The sins of the parents are not the child's to bear, but in this context, I want MJ to use that plot device as a way to improve herself. Especially since her life and world are built on the literal lies of her father and mother.

(1) Yulian gets actual character development, aside from wanting most of the Vahans dead and Vio happy;
    (2) Marin gets a pay raise AND a promotion because this entire shitshow is so above her paygrade;
    (3) The prince dude, uhhhh stop jumping to conclusions?;
    (4) Vio getting back all the shit her father and stepmother usurped from her: the Vahan Estate and happiness;
    (5) The tamest: Maryjun and her mother being socially demoted into lower peerage, or back to commoners (since dearest papa just probably usurped the Ducal title from Vio's dead mom, despite going AWOL of 16 fucking years), which can allow MJ to rebuild her life from scratch with zero to minimal lies;
    (6) The Dearest Papa suddenly found dead, mutilated, scorched, and hung from somewhere conspicuous. Preferably the city gates.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Muskaan2004, Chunin, Mikaa and 13 others like this.
  4. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with all the first 5 but the last one, i think painfully death is still too merciful to that sperm donor f-a-t-h-e-r, i want him to live a loooong life and suffer everyday: hated and abandoned by his beloved women (MJ and her mama), stripped off all titles and wealth (for acting irresponsible and violent towards his daughter), shunned by nobles, humiliated by the citizens, hit and bullied by dark valleys scums, dragging his tattered body around the streets and begging people for leftover food, and watching the daughter he once abandoned all happy and rich.

Chunin, kawaii12345, Jukki and 4 others like this.
  5. okpanda_533

okpanda_533 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • Yulan brings Vio to a luxury hotel, and laments that if he had more time he would bring her to a villa + thinks that he'll have to check in with her the next day to see if she's comfortable there or would like an upgrade
    • Vio is confused asf but she still trusts Yulan
    • He gives her the hotel room key and tells her to make herself at home (...um, not her home but. comfortable) because he's arranged everything for her - food, clothes etc
    • Vio gets anxious because she doesn't want Yulan to leave, but she also knows it's not proper to ask him to stay with her - it makes Yulan kind of happy that she trusts him so much but kind of sad that she's not seeing him as a 'man'/'threat' (like, bruh, why is <being conscious of ML as a man> always a trope ugh)
    • Yulan assures her he'll be back tomorrow
    • Changes perspective to Vio, who is feeling guilt at being treated so kindly. She muses over whether anyone at home would miss her, but concludes that they wouldn't - Maryjun might feel sad, but that's it.
    • Vio feels guilty for leaving Marin behind, and wonders what she's doing now.
    • Suddenly, someone shouts, "Violet-sama!"
    • Violet asks: ...what are you doing here?
    And it ends on a cliff-hanger!! Is it Marin? Is it the Prince? Is it Maryjun? Woohoo~ it's a bit anticlimactic but oh well ><

6. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    They used "-sama", so I'm leaning towards Marin unless another character has called her by that before.

DOHere likes this.
  7. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless Vio told MJ to refer to her with -sama, its either a random Yulan servant to guard Vio, a hotel-staff, Marin, or even the Prince's aide

8. Marshalanime

Marshalanime Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think between the novel and the manga I prefer the manga. Keep in mind that I've only read up to chapter 39 of the novel since I can't handle google translate.

In the novel/manga only Gia and Mrian seem like they're genuinely good people. I'm not counting Violette in that category since she was a majorly shitty person before the time reversal, regardless of her reasons. So I'm lumping her in with Yulan and Maryjun as good person with something twisted about them. So while I absolutely love the atmosphere the novel has I like the manga more because it makes the characters feel more human.

The prince is probably the best example, in the manga I feel like I can sympathize with him and even rout for him a little in his struggles but novel prince makes me question the capabilities of the royal family. I mean, as a leader it seems like novel prince only has his bloodline backing him up because of how incompetent he seems. Manga prince comes of as someone who has issues understanding people but would probably not send the kingdom into a fiery dive of oblivion.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    Khadz and Jukki like this.
  9. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh. The story is basically Violette's second chance at life. It wasn't that she was a shitty person as much as she was pitiful in the first timeline. She just wanted to be loved, and it drove her mad (like her mother lol) Everything can be tied back to her family situation, more specifically her father. From what I've gathered, he married her mother and became a Duke. However, he couldn't stand her and left, eventually marrying some other lady he met and fathering another daughter.

Meanwhile, MommyVio went bonkers and Vio suffered for it.

Then when she finally dies, he comes back like nothing happened and acts like he owns the place despite being gone for years. It's no wonder Vio's grandfather was pissed (What I assume.)

Nah, I feel the blame is solely on this selfish, self-centered, guy.

Maryjun is Maryjun. I wouldn't be surprised if their father kept her ignorant on purpose to live out his "happy life." On the topic of his "happy ending" I wouldn't be surprised if he was the reason they ruled out sending Vio to a monastery in the first timeline. Out of sight out of mind after all. Ugh, just talking about him makes me angry. It's disgusting. I want to see him get called out on his bs!

As for the prince, he and Maryjun are kindred spirits. It's why he fell for her in the first timeline. Pretty sure the point of divergence was Yulan calling him out on his "wisdom" during the party lol

He started questioning everything after that and saw a new side to his (former) annoying suitor only for her to no longer be interested.

Yeah, as a leader the prince is barely passable. His biggest weakness seems to be his self-righteousness. Maryjun has the same problem, but she's at least a decent enough person to try and do something about it (after getting hit over the head with a bat) I feel the prince might be the same way. If only his attendant focused less on trying to get his master in Vio's pants and more in educating him on Vio's situation. Maybe then even he'd call her father out on being a straight up ass.

Still, it would be nice if someone gave us a complete list of spoilers. The bookmark at the front page is missing quite a number of chapters.

Khadz, Creolenerd, MiyaMira and 5 others like this.
  10. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless I remember the main plot wrong, while it doesn't justify cr*p dad at all
    He was forced to marry crazy ma due to the difference in status (kinda curious how they did the deed though. Vio's mom and her obsession already made her cray2x, but they still successfully gave birth with Vio)
    cr*p dad eventually leaves during Vio's childhood (or maybe even after her birth or during crazy ma's pregnancy since MJs and Vio's age aren't that far in gap).
    Crazy ma goes even more crazy, realizes her daughter looks the spitting image as her father (before puberty strikes since Vio can't crossdress and keep hiding her growing rack). Crazy ma eventually dies and cr*p dad somehow overhears of her death, comes home outta nowhere, uses the plothole as Vio's biodad to become de facto head of the house and abuses Vio simply because she reminds him of crazy ma and strategically hasn't told her/give a hint that Vio WILL be inheriting it all (since you know... he ran away from the marriage. No matter how obsessed crazy ma is, her and last hope granddad have the authority to name a successor)

Khadz, Jukki, rock.doll and 2 others like this.
  11. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, I went with what I had on hand lol

Haven't found a clear answer about the dad's status, so I assumed he was of lesser rank and saw the mom as a chance to raise his status. She was obsessed with him so he married her, but soon got tired of her and left to be with his side family.

The fact that the grandfather is actually in charge, and he's just a bed warmer, is kinda funny though. Also kinda explains his abuse. He's frustrated that things aren't going his way and taking it out on the person he see's as responsible. We've already determined that this family can get pretty silly when they're emotional. I think the only one "immune" to this is the outsider (aka: step-mom)

Still would love to get a full spoiler though, translations only go up to like... the 40's.

Jukki and rock.doll like this.
  12. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't it mentioned here, crap dad's rank was a count? Or a marquis? leaning on the former. Care to back me up on this @kawaii12345

13. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen it as count. If my memory is at all on point the first time was early when she was thinking of going to a convent, and there was something to the effect it would "embarrass the count", and a similar remark when they were talking about suppressing Marin's testimony TL1

My guess is that would probably put scum dad as a baron, or lower (non inheriting heir, landless knight depending on the country, this feels somewhat french)

rock.doll likes this.
  14. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    I see.

Still leaning on him deciding to go along w/ the marriage as opposed to being "forced into it" though. Just makes a lot more sense that way considering all the "facts" we have. He marries her, fathers a kid, can't stand her pushy behavior and leaves her in under a year and starts a new family, hears that she died a few years later and moves back in with said new family not even a week later and starts running things.

Probably used the fact that he was Vio's biological father, and Vio wasn't old enough to take the reins, to get his foot in the door. Implying that the grandad GAVE him the reins while still making sure he knew that Vio was the heir.

Explains why he'd be summoned for, what I assume to be, a reprimand.

Khadz, rock.doll and Jukki like this.
  15. c0mp1337

c0mp1337 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does this summons happen yet or is it going to happen later?

16. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    It happened offscreen apparently. That's why cr*d dad coincidentally rushed into Vio's room and practically hit her for ruining "his happiness"
    Honestly, I don't get cr*p dad's plan here? Even if Vio would willingly head to nun route, last hope gramps would need to investigate WHY his granddaughter would suddenly want to head to a life of faith. I mean, to his knowledge, Vio's 2nd life actions are practically stainless (post stalking Claudia, she's the epitome of an ideal noblewoman). He certainly wouldn't hand the deed of the dukedom to the man who abandoned his daughter and granddaughter, much less to cr*p dad's second family who were elevated to status alongside him. At least, I assume by nobility mindset of that era, no matter how lovable MJ is portrayed, last hope gramps would at least give the duke title to the rest of his relatives *or loyal retainers* if his granddaughter doesn't want the title. Even then, Yulan and Marin wouldn't stand by if crap dad gets the last laugh, Yulan's connections to royalty still has a role to play since Claudia hasn't ascended the throne yet nor is he that close with MJ this timeline.

Literally, crap dad's fantasy hapiness has an actual time limit. Unless he's going to lower Vio's self esteem enough to just be his human puppet. Then, I guess there's some sense?

Khadz and rock.doll like this.
  17. c0mp1337

c0mp1337 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it happened because he saw maryjun cry, which is a good excuse as any to hit vio for him, probably. Was this referenced in a past chapter? i probably skimmed it, and i'll probably need the chapter number to get back to it.

kawaii12345 likes this.
  18. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're all victims of their parents lack of (and/or over) affection. Violet being unloved, MJ overprotected (ugh, I hate characters like this), Yulan discriminated. So yeah the fault lies at their parents. They're the real villains and needs to be punished.

(but still thinks that MJ and that Claudia needs some slap or two across their faces, they're annoying :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:)

19. phamtasia

phamtasia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story is the epitome of why some people shouldn't be allowed to give birth. :blobangery:

20. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, what ever happened to novel Claudia? I want to ask again just because. We have new spoilers and all but whatever happened to him? Last I remember from this thread was his obsession with Vio's smile

Khadz likes this.