Resolved About Chinese Novel

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by danildvln, Nov 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. danildvln

danildvln Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are there so many bad Chinese novels with 1.5k chapters in completely translated, instead of 500 chapters of good novels but only half the translation?

eg: Pivot of the Sky

NikuMeat likes this.
  2. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    because even if the chapter is bad someone will still pay for that mediocre chapter with paid stones or coins and they will earn the easiest money with the least effort.

3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    because
    those trash have more fans both on translator and reader side which
    influence donation system (not all driven by money but it good incentive) that
    create current situation~

well put it simple most translator and reader taste is trash~ since more trash fans it logical more trash dedicated trash translator to finish trash story but imo that ok and not bothersome enuf for this cat to trashing around~

btw don't forget put trash on trash bin kay~
    19656.png

4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cuz it's human tendency to take the trash out but keep the valuables locked up! :blobpeek:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  5. skyfall3250

skyfall3250 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was new to reading novels, I liked novels which I now consider "trash".
    Now as a veteran reader, I don't even look at these novels and only read quality novels like pivot of the sky. So it's easy to get quick money by translating easy novels for new readers.

6. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One man's trash is another man's treasure justabotwork

7. Sleep-deprived-enthusiast

Sleep-deprived-enthusiast |Daydreaming Literate Mon~key|

Reading List:
    Link
    True, true. I'd like to ask myself back then why I kept reading those, but now I can see every book I've read developed my tastes.

Majority of those readers are either new, non-picky, young, aren't the best in english (maybe second language or did not systematically learn) readers or simply want self-satisfaction, wish-fulfillment, face-slapping, guilty reading, and smut etc. -> but I don't blame them as I understand why they do read it. It really depends on what a person wants and it's not like they truly hurt anybody else or do anything evil by doing so, though I can't say that for the ideas novels espouse to naive readers and if they act on those.

raza10 likes this.
  8. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    the trash ones exaggerate the tropes that get people into xianxia in the first place

9. Elementarteilchen

Elementarteilchen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a lot easier to translate "trash novels". Easy common words and easy sentences for the simple mind and the easy plot will repeat itself dozens of times.
    Also, demanding readers are REALLY demanding and hard in their reviews. They will analyze everything and want only the highest quality. If your novel is above trash level (your target group changes from the simple minded people), but has some issues, they will rip your novel apart :D
    Most demanding readers wouldn't even touch trash novels, as soon it is known as a trash novel. So, apart from a few harsh reviews in the beginning, you are basically safe from them.
    Also it is a lot easier to get good reviews from the simple mind ;) They will give easy 5 stars and there are a lot of them. A lot more, than demanding readers.

10. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Readers with culture and good tastes: KNOW YOUR FUCKING PLACE, TRASH!!!
    Garbage Chinese novels: :blobfearful::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

Bright_Lucky_Star and Blank-1 like this.
  11. ImperialNero

ImperialNero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are trash but mass produced by a country who have decades of years of experience on producing trash. They know their market the best. The world need to take out their factories from china asap

12. uigh

uigh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe because you have some people that likes them?

13. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do the same kind of books keep getting translated? Isn't it obvious? It's because people keep reading them. Where's the mystery?

That's dumb. Lots of good books get written as well, but most of these don't get translated.

14. nottong

nottong Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    reminds me of how a lot of wattpad readers migrated to archive or our own after their tastes matured. any genre gets over saturated and filled with amateur writing once it blows up and now attracts a wider range of audience. sometimes your preferred genres have so few works that you have to gravel at cheesy plot lines just for the content. ugh, crying in the club.

15. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe, many young people on embark to new things called light novel, and the trash novel feel new and novelty

Meanwhile we are not 'young' and green anymore, we already read novel with same thing over and over, so the trash novel felt not novel / new / wow anymore..

So we search for more good one.

Since every year there is a new babies, every year new young adult.

I guess they are aiming at those innoncent soul who read webnovel for first time, not oversaturated reader.

16. Keiko Ayano

Keiko Ayano Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aren’t they just fanfics that became novels?

17. plgll

plgll Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

i feel like the novel is good but its the translation that sometimes butchered it [dont get me wrong i feel grateful to people who translate it for free like mandarin is so hard as it is to translate already and some people are doing it for free]

18. baiichi

baiichi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Old post but still I have to add: The things that get translated here are often your usual trashy mainstream stuffs that flooded the market. English publications have a whole market full of trashy but popular stuffs as well. Simple terms, easy to translate.

Good Chinese web novels can actually be hard to translate. Unlike Korean or Japanese webnovels I noticed, a lot of Chinese novels reference a lot of their classic literature. If anyone watches Joy of Life (庆余年), you would know the insane amount of Chinese classics that get referenced in the show, they're referenced even more frequent within the novels. You have to have time or at least educated in China to be able to translate properly. Also, don't think people should lump web novels with actual culturally relevant novels like Three-Body Problem by Liu Cixin, which is an award-winning hard science trilogy and Zi Jinchen's crime thriller works.

19. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest , they are my guity pleasure. They are like instant noodles and coffee. They provide enternainment and escape very quickly .
    Even though I am veteran from era of coiling dragon, I confess I read more Trash novels than good novels.
    With good novel you have to invested in it, read it carefully and immersed in it to enjoy while with trash novels you can just fast read and not loose anything(except for time). With good novel I can only read atmost 60-80 chapters daily while I can read junk upto 200 chapters or more daily.
    I have dropped/hold many good novel sometime during end and haven't gone to reread because I need to read them from start to fully enjoy them.
    some example are- LOTM- at 1300 with miracle invoke wolf arc-
    My house of horror- at 25 chapter
    Renegade Immortal- around 1400
    Zhu Xian- when MC joins evil path
    Trafford trading club- At earth vein arc
    Cultivation chat group- at 700
    Reverend insanity- at 250
    pursuing immortality -at 400
    Pivot of sky- never pick up

Prime reason for dropping is to put on hold to accumulate chapter but never return back,second is too much detail that make novel boring

umiyuki493 likes this.