Discussion how do I build a site like novel updates?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by redgirl, Nov 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. redgirl

redgirl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How or where can I build a site like novel updates? Im wondering what kind of software or what hosting site can offer similar themes?

Im looking for something that's easy to browse and search by genre or tags, its not for novels but something else, however something like this site would be ideal.

If you know anything please help me and thanks in advance!

2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    You can use a CMS like wordpress or build the website from Zero (you can use a website builder like wix or just use some framework to work with, you can search for a template online to work with in order to make easier for yourself but you still have to make your own changes even so) or simply just look in the opensource projects (make your changes and put your site on the web, for example this with its opensource here)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2020
  3. redgirl

redgirl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you Kalto, Im not that good with this type of thing since im pretty new at it, but ill definitely give it a try, thank you so much!

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  4. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Novelupdates main site uses wordpress. Novelupdates forum uses Xenforo. If you know how to make a database, you can use the same database for both the main site and the forum for user login purposes.

redgirl and c.decora like this.