Recommendations Series where the MC loses his power and finds a new and better path.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by JoJoBread, Nov 25, 2020.

1. JoJoBread

JoJoBread Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for a series that has the MC losing his power and getting a newer better one. For example he could have his power stolen, or he could end up rejecting his current power because he doesn't like where it came from or where it leads, or he realizes it was a mistake to go down the path he went, or he has to give it up to save someone, etc.... it can be any reason.

And then after he gives up his power his struggle down his new path leads and it him to a better understanding of things and towards higher heights, and has him becoming stronger.

I can only think of one example.

Second Life Ranker -
    I read that Yeon-woo ends up rejecting the system and the black king and forgoes everything he earned. Only to start again to re-learn and re-earn everything on his own again this time being outside of the constraints of the system.

chrissy987 likes this.
  2. flag9801

flag9801 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Overgeared heroin reject Great demon
    to become demon get legendary demon hunter instead

JoJoBread likes this.
  3. Psosm

Psosm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich
    For the first time he changed from holy knight to ice and undead mage, second time he changed to the power of law from what I remember.

JoJoBread likes this.
  4. JoJoBread

Reading List:
    Link
    Already read Overgeared. But she is not the MC, so its a no bueno for me. Thank you for suggesting though.

Thanks, I'll give this a look.

Edit: I guess two other examples I can think of are

Peerless Martial God 1 -
    MC can't ascend past a certain point, so he has to do things in a different way, and follow a different path (not what I'm looking for exactly but kind of works)

Peerless Martial God 2 -
    MC gets his body stolen but realizes there is another path and makes a new and better body (quickly forgotten about though) Just some other examples to kind of give a better idea.

Dream scenario would be. MC hits a wall or gets his power stolen, so he has to rebuild from scratch starting at zero and once he does he gets stronger/passes the pervious wall he hit.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  5. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    World’s Best Martial Artist

It is a major spoiler so I will put a tab.
    so during the whole process of getting stronger, everyone will go through the process of Dao, as in their entire life experience and mindset will be converted into some form of an ethereal pathway to the heavens to gain multiplier to their own strength. Also, each and every dao is unique but they ultimately will converge into one another. For the record, the weaker ones will get devoured.

So in the story, the old War King (武王) wanted the MC to be the new human representive as MC being MC, levels up to a high level cultivator in a span of three years when it takes normal people hundreds of years and have the guy cultivating a human emperor path. Throughout the plot, the MC benefits from the path as his is the biggest of all them all and technically there are only two people walking down the same dao/ path; him and War King. If you are wondering, yes, MC's path is eating into WK's. During a climax, WK plans to sacrifice his path to further MC's growth, but instead MC rips his own path, destroying the multiplier and shoves it down the old WK, giving him the strength to survive the onslaught.

Fyi, MC ended up cultivating a Dao world, a self sustainable world that is currently used by the heavenly emperor (天帝) and yes, the thing at its half potential provides MC an endless supply of power to crush all his oppositions.

JoJoBread likes this.
  6. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    ISSTH
    From perfect (cultivation to perfection) to eternal (blooming after broken from defeated

JoJoBread likes this.
  7. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Continue

Continue Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint
    this one has it happen a few times where he rejects a lot of super op(at a glance) powers because he wants to tread his own path.
    I cant post a link to it but if you search it up you can easily find it
    Edit: he also loses a lot of his power and has to regain it but comes back stronger, so i think its a perfect fir for what you wanted

JoJoBread likes this.
  9. Liedral

Liedral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This one half fits your request

Emperor's Domination

MC restarts his cultivation multiple times. In his words, you can do more with a blank piece of paper than one with a manificent painting on it. Something along those lines.

JoJoBread likes this.
  10. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Taming Master - MC resets his VMMO character back to level 1 so he could change to a newly released Class.

JoJoBread likes this.
  11. 00000000011101

00000000011101 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    King of Gods
    guy with eye powers gets hunted because of it and eventually loses his body and takes over a dead body and recultivates from scratch in a better way.

Emperor's domination
    mc recultivated multiple times each time becoming stronger and with a better system. The latest time he recultivates he basically became the strongest being in the universe a peak psudeo immortal, and again destroys his body to open a new epoch which allows him to set the rules for cultivating for the following epoch and also to open a new page for the various heavenly scriptures and treasures so that he can take them further.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    JoJoBread likes this.
  12. JoJoBread

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. It is this series, right? https://www.novelupdates.com/series/worlds-best-martial-artist/

Will give this a go. Thank you.

Is this translated? Last I read of this it had like 15 chapters and no one was translating it.

Thank you. This also sounds like a good rec.

Already read this, thanks. With the exception of the start of the story, the MC is pretty much the strongest outside of heaven. Thanks for rec'ing though.

I'm not a fan of VMMO novels. Outside of Overgeared I don't think I will ever read another one. Thanks for the rec though.

King of god's sounds excellent. Almost what I exactly want. I already read ED, thanks though.

13. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been fully translated for years now

TaffyGirl13 likes this.
  14. JoJoBread

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. I think I last tried to read this about a decade ago.

15. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Dark Mage
    Grandmaster martial artist who end up become mage

JoJoBread likes this.
  16. JoJoBread

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much.

17. Grand_Rider_Iskandar

Grand_Rider_Iskandar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You read the raws? Wew I'm stuck since nobody seems to be translating it anymore.

Also

JoJoBread likes this.
  18. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it is a fun read, though I have to admit, some of the text walls I ended up skipping and had to backtrack from time to time to know who the MC had just killed. I never ask why though, cuz it is simple, they are the enemies, go kill them.