Spoiler I Swear I Won’t Bother You Again!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't think the father thought that far ahead actually lol

He might have assumed he could make do with staying in charge because Vio was "unfit" or something. Doesn't strike me as the type that thinks about long term much. He didn't even notice the issue's his life choices would bring lol

But yeah, I just want something. A reprimand, someone calling him out, hell I'd even settle for an apology.

crap dad's "happiness" has a time limit with no real happy ending. Eventually someone's gonna crack, and by the look of things Yulan already did XD

2. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Part of the spoilers we're missing probably explain that.

I think he got hitched with someone else? Yulan apparently blackmailed a fiancé candidate so she'd back off Vio or something. This is all speculation though.

3. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well there's a secret to this novel
    Most of the time nothing is happening and what does happen is usually buried in all the nothing. Here we learned Violet doesn't like sleeping in a strange bed, her hair needs work and Marin would like to beat the stuffings out of crap dad.

Hope you're right about grandad, we are all pinning a lot on his one mention. He hasn't even had any screen time yet. (I think he's going to be a part of the resolution as well, but it's still a stretch. TBH, I really didn't see crap dad resorting to physical abuse. That does argue for gramps giving him an unpleasant taste of the reality that isn't his "happiness")

As things stand, I have a real hard time seeing where this is going. It looks like the author is pinning all the evil on crap dad( does he have a name? ). That may be OK, but where does it go from there. Elefa, MJ get out of dodge with crap dad? I can't see Violet keeping them around. Elefa(Elfea?) has done nothing to endear herself, watched passively while while crap dad abused Violet. MJ may be her sister but she's the daughter of the man who abused her and actively contributed to the abuse. The nicest thing you can say about her is she's too stupid to understand the harm she does. Either way I can't see Vio wanting to associate with the after the wrap up. As things stand their presence can and has triggered breakdowns for Violet

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  4. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    Vio probably won't inherit the house anyway unless Yulan marries in (unlikely given his status) so there's that.

Nice to know that a whole lot of nothing happens here. I swear if we took out the filler this series wouldn't be more than 50 chapters XD

M30WWWW, DOHere, haqpiness and 2 others like this.
  5. famine

famine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At this point of discussion, while everyone must be torn whether MJ is innocent or not, I feel that everyone can agree that the dad is a douchebag and everyone want a piece of him, no? At least I, myself, want a punch in.

Khadz, rock.doll, DOHere and 3 others like this.
  6. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there's only 2 kids to inherit the house. So it's either Vio or MJ for now. I hope grandad won't stand for his wealth to go to someone else's children.

7. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    MJ has no claim lol, crap dad doesn't really have one either XD

Don't feel like people are really torn about that anymore lol

MJ's an idiot who is just beginning to realize that her world view ignored a LOT of obvious things. She was ignorant, people like her exist in real life XD

8. phamtasia

phamtasia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MJ does not belong to the bloodline to claim the wealth. The best she can do is spread her legs to another aristocrat and become his legal wife or second wife if she wants to remain in noble society.

9. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    She will inherit due by her blood. whether she will have an heir is the question. Unless she has a cousin, she can forfeit her right but the wealth and title she inherits will have to remain in the family of her mother. Yulan will have to marry in, I agree. Its not like the royal family wants to support him. or he wants their support anyway.

Have to agree with the filter chapters.

This simply doesn't happen. even in modern times. People related with blood are the true and legitimate heirs. The majority of the wealth belongs to Vio's mother/grandfather. MJ is the os someone's child here. She isn't part of Vio's grandfather bloodline. She doesn't belong to Vio's mother house so she doesn't have any right to inherit If this was true, eff, Im effing calling a family meeting with the solicitor in tow. The oldest male cousin will throw a fit.

Since the grandfather is still alive, he can bequeath the whole estate to Vio with little opposition to Vio's father. His immediate heir, Bellerose, died so Vio's dad cannot claim anything since he is only related to them by marriage. Techniclaly, the till death do us part applies here. Since Belelrose is dead, he can't claim what is hers financially.

Her best chance is to marry well and above her station, no question. She can inherit the Vahan estate if the father still has money or anything valuable. She can use that. She can not contest the wealth slotted for VIo. If she ends up as a second wife, it's no better. People will just be reminded of her circusmatnces.

ETA: If Vahan family continues to have a 'bad' reputation among the nobles. I doubt any noble family will ask for the hand or even associate with them. Scandal is a thing and people don't want to associate themselves with them for a variety of reasons. Unless the asking party is desperate enough for an empty title.

Me? I just want a good roasting of the man. And the woman he calls wife.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  10. Zyphera

Zyphera Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MJ shouldn't have rights to the inheritance. She's an illegitimate child born from an affair between a commoner woman and a man who only married into the Dukedom. Even if she did happen to inherit it, no one would support her when Vio (who is the legitimate daughter and all around more competent than MJ) is still around. It would perhaps be a different case had Violet acted as she did in the first timeline, but this time around Vio has acted as a proper noble lady of society and has many supporters.

As for whether MJ is innocent or not... I first need to see how the mother is. If the mother is a conniving snake, then there's a possibility that MJ isn't as innocent as she seems. If the mother is a dumb woman with an extremely low IQ, then there's a chance that MJ really is just a stupidly naive girl who's been sheltered all her life.

11. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    ...and less more chance to inherit if Vio has any cousins or other relatives. They would demand that they are more suitable (rightly so) since they are part of the family by blood rather than by marriage. Blood trumps in inheritance unless the person who controls the purse strings says they aren't.

12. Zyphera

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. I highly doubt the relatives would accept MJ as heir of the family. After all, she has no blood ties to their family. Why should the inheritance belong to some random kid that's only related to them by marriage? That's also something I don't understand. Where are Vio's relatives? The only one we've seen so far is grandpa.

13. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. inheritance is a family and blood thing. Unless the people who made the will specifically bequest somebody out of the family (like servants) a part of their wealth, wealth goes to the heir and the family. For any wealthy family, it is always important to keep the wealth inside the family. Like the Rotshchilds.

More likely the relatives are in the background. if Grandpa was an only child and he is the last remaining person except for Vio in the family (it happens), the wealth will simply revert back to the Crown/State. This also doesn't give the Vahan to right to claim it nor Maryjun. I doubt the Crown will be happy if someone claims a large territory like a dukedom. Maryjun will be more unlucky if Vahan has male cousins coz they can inherit the estate (no matter how rich or poor it is) just like in Vio's case. Maryjun can be gifted a dowry upon her marriage but if there are no more males, then she keep the title and whatever is left.

Khadz, Jukki, rock.doll and 2 others like this.
  14. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    That's unlikely though, because MJ is basically a Shōjo protagonist XD

Even in the first timeline, pretty sure people would still call her out.

(Though, first timeline MJ married into the royal family, so it doesn't really matter.)

Wouldn't be surprised in the prince's rep took a hit from his choices back in TL1 though, Vio's actions be damned.

Though, what would the mother's personality have to do with MJ? She can be someone who seduced a noble to rise in status and have an ignorant daughter you know XD

Feel like MJ's being compared to character's in similar roles a bit unfairly you know. She always struck me as an actual idiot that doesn't understand how the world works because daddy wanted his happiness.

rock.doll and ArkiV_10 like this.
  15. famine

famine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If im not mistaken,
    the ending for this timeline would be that the inheritance was Vio's since her mom did an unexpected move?
    Don't worry about that part. The part I am worrying about is
    if the dad and his family get kicked out and how Yulan and Vio proceed from that point.
    Anyone got spoilers on that? Please, and thank you.

16. Zyphera

Reading List:
    Link
    Parents personality and behaviour can influence how their offspring behaves. An example of this is how Vio's mother was so obsessed with her husband that her obsessive behaviour had inadvertently passed on to Vio. We see this through the way Vio had approached the Prince in the first timeline.

We don't know anything about MJ's mother. She's a well-hidden character that we know exists but we know nothing about. That's not only shady, but sort of scary. Only dangerous psychopaths are able to hide themselves to that extent.

Shey_04, Jukki, rock.doll and 3 others like this.
  17. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, we did catch a glimpse of her and to me, she's shady and scary as af. I dunno what role she will exactly play but she has motives are giving me the evil stepmother in a sheep's clothing vibe. Maybe she will fit the trope perfectly.

I get it she can be warm and loving towards her flesh and blood. But to VIo? Eff, I willing to bet my fire pit that she sees Vio as the last threat in her picture-perfect family. First was Bellerose who's dead already and VIo, who has the key to the family title, money, and prestige. I just hope I could throw her and her good for nothing husband in a firepit so deep they won't see the bottomless pit.

Shey_04, Khadz, Azure_1802 and 4 others like this.
  18. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    What you're thinking of only applies if MJ's mother acted like that in front of her daughter, thus causing MJ to adopt those traits. It's clear that she didn't. MJ is just ignorant.

Vio was different. She picked up a skewed idea of love from her mother lol

Totally possible that the mom considers MJ (and Vio) as her meal ticket. Likely why she tried to get close to Vio, unlike crap dad she knows who holds all the real power. Happy family time doesn't really work anymore though because Vio's upbringing left her an emotional mess.

Probably wants to get Vio to see her as a second mother as opposed to trying to get rid of her. You know, because Vio is the key to the money, prestige, and family title. Without her they have nothing XD

Because they're literally outsiders trying to play Dukes.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020