LCD Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Nyctophilia

Nyctophilia Pretend Don't Exist

Reading List:
    Link
    Now i found intrigued. The bothers me is the 'red lightning'.
    Artemis using lightning too but color 'white'
    In Aphrodite case I don't she using lightning at all.
    When i found in wiki. There's a goddess who using lightning and she greek too. Her name is Astrape.

I don't think all girls in greek are virgins. There's a story about artemis she r*pe orion so he can't reject her.

clmbheat likes this.
  2. Rauna

Rauna Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Artemis ask Zeus for an internal virginity and she never married or have a children. And in other version,Orion is the one who tried to r*pe her or one of her attendents,she shot him to death.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    clmbheat likes this.
  3. clmbheat

clmbheat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then I am confused as to why she gave trashmoki the ability to charm others. That seems more akin to Aphrodite rather then the chaste goddess of the hunt, protector of women.

4. Masukure

Masukure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She gave the two heroes "royalties" which includes a power that allows them to rule over others.
    The way it is worded makes me wonder a bit if the goddess chose the ability for Tomoki or whether the royalty itself decides what ability would best fit him as a ruler. Regardless the goddess was trying to get him to leave a quickly as possible and was giving him whatever he wanted to do so-

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  5. clmbheat

Reading List:
    Link
    Her wanting to get him out quickly has to do with her not wanting to be caught for bringing Humans to her world right? Isn't that why she basically just gave then power and threw then out but with Makoto it was because his parents left her world and did want to be with her and basically sold one of their kids for it?
    But I will agree that as the chapters come out more info points towards Artemis, or possibly another Moon related greek goddess. I remember the chapter where Makoto beats Haruka and he says something along the lines of:

This technique that was born from my interests, and a slightly bit from my desire to get back at that Goddess.
    Well, if it doesn’t work, I just have to properly train again at Asora. There’s Tomoe here, so we can also have Shiki and Tamaki think about the reason why it failed if it actually does.
    In a different manner than when I speak normally, visualizing as if I am having having a conversation with someone of another race, I speak while still looking up.
    Moon.” (Makoto).

6. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, that really makes you think. Whether the goddess is a moon goddess or an avatar of the Lightning Bolt, when one of her "children" borrows her power, it always turns red....

7. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well.... red is the color of virgins and Artemis is siblings with Apollo. Could she have also "borrowed" his weapons?

Can you guys imagine how funny it would be if Makoto calls BUG an ancient virgin? Hmm then is the red moon one of those days for BUG?

BUG didn't give Tomoki the charm exactly but a cheat that gives them a suitable ruling power and not care about the aftermath. Although, she did give him immortality at night and when the moon is out, no wonder he's so cowardly during new moons. We cannot really forget the strong moon themes in this novel.

BUG could also be using Tomoki as a breeding stud to make as many beautiful children as possible.

8. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    From what i remember, could be mixing things up, I think she brought Tomoki over as a fashion guru (who is also good looking). Part of what she gave him was also artistic freedom over his own appearance, giving him white hair, and heterochromia eyes. So he was supposed to advance fashion trends, inspire creativity, and he's a failed hire in that regard.

9. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Judging from the fact she gave Makoto an incomplete god tier understanding languages she is someone who cut corners and do not think of future. So it it within the realm of possibility she gave the first ability she could whimsically think of or like Makoto gave an package skill that just happen to have charm.

10. clmbheat

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the Apostles could use lighting but the Bug couldn't? I think it was Root or Aznoval, don't remember the chapter, in which they said something like that.

11. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Artemis doesn't seem to fit 100% but they already established that the legends and the gods themselves are a little different. Tsuki-bro has a legend about murdering the god of food for perceived rudeness. Novel version is more laid back that the Bug wasn't murdered at the start.
    Artemis
    Pro:
    Arrogance
    Prefers women over men(She turned a guy into prey for his own dogs)
    Maiden?(unconfirmed)
    Con:
    Favors humans over wild animals
    Triune goddess or age variable

All I can think off at the moment. Feel free to add in your own ideas.

12. Rauna

Rauna Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Artemis is confirmed a maiden. She is one of three virgin goddess in Greek mythology(Artemis,Athena, and Hestia)

13. clmbheat

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they meant the bug

Rauna likes this.
  14. Rauna

Rauna Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh. Sorry,my mistake. Makoto said he doesn't want to lose in bow,she got nymph as her attendants,lightning(her father zeus) and a virgin. No matter what,i can only think of bug really is Artemis. But there is always twist in novel. Who knows.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    clmbheat likes this.
  15. HiroBlaze

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say the BUG is a maiden goddess. I mean otherwise there is no need for her to bring up pregnancy in her first meeting with Makoto and compensation if it happened.

Aphrodite always steals believers from Artemis. Once women reach maturity they leave Artemis and become followers of Aphrodite. That might explain why BUG feels so strongly when her followers (Makoto's parents) left her. Athena did mention Makoto should know of her (she's the largest hint for BUG's identity).

Artemis could have dual or multiple identities like Shiva in a polytheistic system. Artemis with Diana. Diana triformis being merged with Selene/Luna and Hecates legends (triple goddess).

Rauna likes this.
  16. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    On the point about the bow, commenting on the scythe got me thinking that Makoto is poorly informed about gods in mythlogy, so he might think that Aphrodite uses Cupid's Bow.

clmbheat likes this.
  17. clmbheat

Reading List:
    Link
    Athenas animosity as well as the other gods is what makes me go towards Aphrodite. Most deities dislike her and don't really think much of her right? Her own husband caught her in a net with Ares and mocked her with the other gods.

18. HiroBlaze

Reading List:
    Link
    All the more reason for it to be Artemis. Her father is Zeus (spoils her), brother is Apollo, and mother is a titan. If Aphrodite is widely hated by other gods, then she probably would not be in charge of a new world because that is a large responsibility. BUG does cut corners and fell asleep when the demons invaded Kaleon, but to my understanding the other gods are whimsical excluding exceptions like Tsukiyomi who take their tasks seriously.

Rauna likes this.
  19. neoinfinity204

neoinfinity204 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why people forgetting that it is possible she is Ishtar/Inanna who was the basis for Aphrodite. Ishtar was an extremely powerful goddess and the origin of Aphrodite. We already know that gods can go by different names in different pantheons.

20. Rauna

Rauna Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the hint and bug's trait deny that. Athena said makoto know her(even though Makoto didn't have completed myth knowledge), related to the moon,nymphs as attendants,lightning(maybe her father authority),makoto didn't want to lose in bow and lastly a Maiden(virgin). That maiden trait is the reason I can only think of her as Artemis(if bug's didn't lie).