Cringiest looking upcoming anime...

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by zduino, Dec 1, 2020.

1. zduino

zduino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Watching some of the new upcoming anime show coming out, I saw some super cringey animation styles that just look horrible (to the point where their directors should be fired and sent back to a film school). Unfortunately this seems to becoming more and more prevalent as it becomes a distraction from the story telling, world building and plot.

What do you think will be the worst adaption coming out next season? (my vote is on ex-arm)

2. zduino

zduino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Xxsafirex

Xxsafirex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    3d cg doesn't count coz it always end up looking pretty meh in animes

4. zduino

zduino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But there is still a difference between bad cgi (distracts and takes the viewer focus away from the plot), meh cgi (doesn't affect the overall story telling), and good cgi (doesn't induce vomiting while tripping).

5. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This looks like an indi project from 15 years ago tho -_-.

Music is cringe, animation is cringe, even the base designs look shitty. They didn't try at all.

I'm with OP, if someone who I employed submitted this to me, they would be out of the office the next day.

6. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IDK for Winter, but for next year... I got a bad feeling for these:

7. Xxsafirex

Reading List:
    Link
    well from the moment someone dares suggest using 3d for weeb shit animation, he should be fired

8. M4rcosR3is

M4rcosR3is Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is a crunchy roll original man.
    what do you expect? not only is their pretty much first batch of animes!!
    they also felt they are so OP that they choice to go for multiples series at the same time, totally ridiculous!! anime is not a easy job!!
    they should have started like Netflix, selecting some out date series that still have a super nice fanbase and trying to bring a new approach of it like neflix did with cobra kai for example.
    but no, i already have seen 3 or 4 different series coming out by them at the same time!
    the success made by the previous one made them too high on weed, they started well with them, doing exactly what i wrote above, selecting some series that have huge fanbase but have never been given attention and doing them one at the time with quality but now they are doing multiples, so of course will be crap.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  9. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude no one is selling them any more anime rights. If I was an author after seeing this, the moment the publisher told me crunchyroll was handling my work, I'd threaten a protest where I light myself on fire.

zduino likes this.
  10. Xxsafirex

Reading List:
    Link
    true, but i still haven't seen a full 3d animation serie that does look like trash

11. zduino

zduino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sentou Yousei Yukikaze wasn't a terrible 3dcgi series.

12. M4rcosR3is

M4rcosR3is Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the thing is: the earlier works they got was exactly in the zone i talked before : famous enough and good enough to have fanbase but not enough to get them a anime in japan and "roll"s" saw a "need" and took it so most authors would accept a adaptation in if you seek for authors in that zone!!
    after all is huge hard cash and most of them need it and let's not forget as well, crunchy is a billion dollar company man, it have is own weight in today market and world, so don't be mistaken, most people would accept and would still accept even if this crap comes out, unless the crap is so big that it completes destroy the market share and company value of more than 1b.
    i just hope that they would keep doing the same as netflix after losing a good few millions with this recent crap they are doing, because netflix is not on top without reason, they keep their smart and still keep to themselves and have not jumped the shark and do what everyone else does not want to do since this already gives them a fall back with the original fanbase and by doing a good as hell job with it they can conquer new "fans", after all anyone here would believe that some mainstream company in Hollywood would do a series where one of the main character does not have it's teeth?
    in Anime world we have hundreds of series that fall in that same category or "anime style history", for example who would not want to read a mature animation style series of second coming of gluttony? that shit could have become the new "fate" if they put money on it, because it have everything a good series need :have battles, have beauties, have plot, have story and a "mature" tone that is making success recently and there is a lot other series out there in similar position and all those authors would love to have their series turn in anime by a company worth billions like crunchy because japan would probably never make a anime of them.
    In reality, korean market is full of similar examples and crunchy roll took it by starting with nobless and tower of god and i don't know about you but tower of god made super success with crunchy fanbase world wide, in japan it did not go too well but this is it, he should have keep targeting animes that bring people to his platform just like netflix and given time it would become a hell of good anime "brand", too bad they lost themselves by the previous success with tower of god and started all this shit they are doing now, trying to aim for a complete original.
    Man, even spider chan that we love, in i'm spider so what! have been getting heavy criticism after they changed the art-design style, for me at least i felt it super good when we have close up but i do admit that when we have far camera shot, something becomes strange with our lovable spider and this just shows that in the end they are not taking their brand serious with those sub par works.

zduino likes this.
  13. zduino

zduino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - I'm a spider, so what - would look so much better if they stuck with 3d or 2d for all the characters and then rotoscoped on important texture elements such as facial features vs simply replacing the rendered body texture. By doing so you wouldn't have the gross 3d rendered lighting on the anime face that isn't supposed to be there. But from the trailer, its apparent that only 2 or 3 of the character types are 3d and the rest are 2d with terrible compositing between the two (terrible meaning it is obvious which is which at first glance).

14. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Although to be fair to that trailer. The model didn't look like absolute trash, and they have a bit of freedom since the way you see her isn't her real form. She has cognitive disassociation with how she actually looks. So you could argue her form seeming out of place against the world as a form of artistic expression.

She looks like a horrifying disgusting monster spider, the cute smooth features is just her mind ignoring reality.

Anyway I can see that one being fine. W.e. the hell this is looks like trash through and through.

If they're smart they can even add a scene where she meets humans the first time, and we see their vision. Just all of a sudden she's matching the rest of the world and looks like the predator impregnated a tarantula... And then perspectives switch and she's back to her clean 3d otherworldly image.

15. zduino

zduino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But why add the "nose"?
    [​IMG]
    vs.
    [​IMG]
    (lol)

16. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't care for the source material, but damn that looks bad, like some shitty fan production without a budget.

17. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah tbh I don't quite get that design choice. If. Might have just been to allow an expressive 3d face they had to make it big, and then they needed at least some kind of facial features to avoid having just a giant round head. But tbh hard to say.

18. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Speaking of Kumo-chan, why not we just give the series a chance by watching... probably 1-2 ep before dropping the axe so to speak, shall we? At least the new PV's looks better than the old one

zduino likes this.