Spoiler Emperor and the Female knight

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by the Legendary Frog, Feb 7, 2020.

1. ARaine

ARaine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Np. Btw if u wna know about the continuation then here are the links.

After Luc finds out, and Pauls reply. (Very heartbreaking, mtl it yourself) link
    After the scene above (not enclosed in a spoiler tag) link
    After above scene and moooar + epilogue (start reading 2nd sentence)(epilogue is in spoiler tag) link

Happy reading!

The reason why this thread is ahead is because @chibihana bought the Hangul 4 books and mtling it, and sharing us spoilers. Webnovel is the official English trans and yes it's slow. I suggest you stop reading and resume in new year so you can read it all in one go. There is no complete english trans atm.

I think after Paul saved his azz in Bikpa and appointed her as leader of RG. I think he starts liking her to the point he wants to be close to her as a friend. Or was it when Paul was insulted by the girl he will have 1 nightstand with. He even said to Paul, "Don't you think we'll still be close like this after a long time?"

Anyways, I'm leaning towards Bikpa part since he wants to be closer. And if you notice his type of woman, judging from his first woman, he likes strong girls like Paul.

Anyways, i guess it wasn't implied? Lol I'm just here guessing.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Icepride, Sandra567, Caiyu86 and 4 others like this.
  2. chibihana

chibihana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - Did I post all of it? Lol - Thanks @ARaine you're such a sweetheart :bloblove: this momma is soo lazy to do this kind of compilation enuff with all the data/api/DB/service failure report that i need to compile in my daily jpb task
    - I'm a bit forgotten the scene but i think after this, when Paul and Lucius goin on date, there's some kind of story which Lucius have a premonition of liking Paulina since the day he appointed her as his knight - sorry if i don't get it right once the official trans is out - blame the mtl :blobReach: Just like how sorry he was to not completely trust Tory or sort..

-Anyway, I've message the author asking on the sequel but I guess she/he did not said anything, just a thanks cause reading his/her novel :blobmelt: she/he a bit active in twitter tho, go and sent your love to her/him :blobuwu:

DOHere, Icepride, rock.doll and 3 others like this.
  3. AidenF

AidenF Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can try on webnovel or wuxiaworld. They already ML while drunk. It was so funny.

DOHere likes this.
  4. MLisMyHubby

MLisMyHubby Isekaid Villainess >:)

Reading List:
    Link
    Kekekeke the english translations is now at the chapter where they got drunk and had their first night:blobnosebleed:
    Paul woke up and thought the following were normal
    -headache and backpain (since she got drunk)
    -stomach pain(since there are lots of vomits in the room)
    -pain between her legs(she thought maybe she has her period)
    -lovebites (thought they were bedbug bites from the inn)
    -naked Lucius I sleeping beside her(seems normal since this is not the first time it happened)

She only realized they did it when she noticed the dried and sticky white fluids between her legs :blob_blush: while Lucius I realized it from her lovebites:blobowoevil_horns:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  5. Sandra567

Sandra567 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks

6. Icepride

Icepride Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's just hilarious :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:
    I just love her soooo much!:blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::aww::aww::aww::aww:

Jukki, MLisMyHubby and rock.doll like this.
  7. capeSpirit

capeSpirit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped shipping Pauliana with Lucius after the land unification. Idk, it seemed like his brain degenerated. I couldn't see the ambitious and meticulous emperor anymore... (That's my impression on Lucius on the battlefield, based on the webtoon)

But I'm happy that this is HE.

Edit: Okay I have read the from the spoilers how much of an aßßhole Lucius is in the novel.. smh... It good that this is HE but Pauliana deserves someone better imo Am I the only one who wants a different ML?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    DOHere, Piglove, peculiar-tan and 3 others like this.
  8. SakuraCitra

SakuraCitra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel already get ending as soon as possible, their child will be born soon and that mean the end of the novel.
    I can say the webtoon version is indeed smoother because it has changed a lot. actually after reading the novel so far, Polly doesn't need anyone or ends up with anyone, but at least with her marrying Lucius, Polly will get a good position and a lot of good changes in their kingdom. like because of Polly, Lucius was willing to change the royal laws so that daughter could inherit the family name or became a head family. The story of the Emperor and the Female Knight in my opinion is not about romance, but about a woman's struggles.

So from the start, we didn't have to hang around at the end. Polly who will end up with and how. But regarding how Polly has been struggling all this time, because that's Polly's one of the FLs that I think is great, because in a real sense when compared to FL in other webtoon, Polly is really getting everything in a very difficult way. Polly didn't have a pretty face to be proud of, she only had brains and abilities from hard work

9. chibihana

chibihana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm agreed!! As mentioned so many times in this forum, we're really didn't get a chance since the novel is ended 4 years ago. The only things that we can do is to beg author-nim to do some sequel :blobsalt:

Aside from this, from my observation (ignore if its wrong), the webtoon creator seems to end the Season II manhwa following the novel's Book collection; -

Chapter 1 - 43 (Book I)
    Chapter 44 - 93 (Book II) so i guess they skip the last chapter of Book II which is 'Cleansing Ritual' - guess its not *that* important :blob_sunglasses:

So from now on, they'll go into Book III and IV; I'm still hoping that they change the fact Rebeca died after giving birth (but then again, it would be soo weird :blobcheeky:)

PrettyFujoshiLady likes this.
  10. PrettyFujoshiLady

PrettyFujoshiLady Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, given the era and the position of the ml, personally, it's kinda irresponsible if he don't sleep with concubine. He is the emperor and it is his duty to produce a heir (sadly that shit was a must during that era). He is the first emperor he got lots of enemies and pressure. Its too much of a wishy washy if he's just focus on romance and out of character (since he's the king who conquered countries etc, his character should be one those who think of the country first rather than personal interest). For me, it does not devalue the MC in any way. She's so cool,gorgeous and fearless to be devalued. Besides I think, the ml got the 3 wives because that time, MC did not show any romantic feelings for him thus he does not have any hope to hold on with. If she did,I doubt he'll have or even think of having a concubine.

11. PrettyFujoshiLady

PrettyFujoshiLady Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those facts are disgusting but are still facts. Real world can be a shitty world after all. Auggg

12. rero00

rero00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically I am satisfied that she rejected his love confession, he was selfish from the beginning, now I wounder how he will convince her to marry him.

peculiar-tan and maymimi like this.
  13. Mahou-nii-sama

Mahou-nii-sama Ultimate Cannon Fodder

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. The Emperor and Female Knight is written with a feminist perspective. Fuck, I already had an inkling it was the moment Paul was like the only female knight in the battlefield, was sure of it when she was made a knight by Lucius and listened to her strategies. Most of all is how her being a woman is being brought up every chapter, how Paul responds to it, and how Lucius gives the middle finger to anyone who puts her down. I already expected that he would have concubines, afterall he conquered three Kingdoms, it was the best diplomatic tactic and he needed an heir to show for the newly conquered empire, because if he dies without an heir, another war might/will break out.

(It sounds freaky when seen through a modern perspective, but Henry VIII was notorious for wanting a male heir, and you know what he did...)

I read in the wuxia world a comment that this was not written in the feminist perspective because of Ainno forcing Cekel to a marriage. But I think the commenter was also forgetting that although The Emperor and Female Knight has such rampant sexism, there was also classism. And the novel is brutal in class discrimination, there was NONE who thought of changing it, not the nobles nor even the commoners. Example of it was Paul looking for a husband. One of the factors? Must come from a good family a.k.a not be a commoner, even when the novel went on and on how no single man would marry her. Even Lucius would not take a commoner as a concubine lol. Cekel and Ainno? Ainno was an heir to a duchy, Cekel's family were viscounts. You get the picture.

Man, for the people who dropped this, they're missing out. It maybe because it's not the fantasy romance that sweeps them off their feet, but more grounded and how it was being a woman at that time (at least noble women, being a commoner is another problem in itself)

Some hate Lucius because he was such a mofo at the beginning, but that's precisely the reason why I like him and his character development. Lucius beginning to notice and sympathize with the plight of women and their unfair treatment through Poliana is more believable to me, since people don't actually give a shit or notice something till it affects them. All in all Lucius is kind or rather became more sensitive (or becomes kinder, however you look at it). Him falling in love with her makes sense, since Lucius is a hard worker and he values people who work hard. Who works harder than most? Even when everyone is against them? Paul.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    chibihana, rero00, ARaine and 5 others like this.
  14. ArkiV_10

ArkiV_10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love your insight

15. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is really isnt a feminist novel.Im tired of people saying it is. Someone on reddit said it best

"Agreed, I had to drop it for many of the same reasons. Does the sexual harassment, rape, etc make sense in context - yes sure - but almost anything can be justified with it makes sense in context. Others have pointed out something similar but it's basically the story of a second class citizen fighting to get her oppressors approval. When she does get this approval it's not because of her inherent value but because she's not like the others/an exception to the rule. It kinda feels like it's accidentally not a story of "women are equal" but more "the very best top .1% of women can be a man's equal".

I'm tired of people saying this s a feminist novel. Imagine someone got assaulted reading this because people said ot was a feminist novel and there hit in the face with a ML who let's his men rape women for good luck and almost no one calls him out over it

16. Mahou-nii-sama

Mahou-nii-sama Ultimate Cannon Fodder

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's agree to disagree. I will die on this hill that this was written from a feminist perspective.

There's a reason why there's rampant sexism in this story, a purpose on why Pol is no beauty, Rebecca's fate and will, the concubines and their lack of power struggle, and Lucius' change in character. What was the reason for Rebecca's 4 chapter rant against society and begging Pol to sympathize more with Stra? And her letter to Pol that was sent a few years later asking her to be greedier that also added a change in how the story ended?

One purpose: It was to prove that women too can achieve and succeed if given the chance. And Pol's role and purpose for the story? To set precedence.

When one says "Women are equal" in what kind of setting? What equality are you referring to? In that setting, might is right. How can women be "right" when they're not even allowed to wield swords nor spar? They never had a chance.

Lady Rebecca said it best to Paul: Please think of all the women who are still stuck behind this hurdle! Please don't forget that at one time in your life, you used to also be constrained by this same wall. I am not asking you to break this wall. I am also not asking for a way out for myself. To be honest, I would love it if you could destroy this wall for all women in this world, but that would be unfair. It is not your job to do this. Besides, it would be meaningless unless each woman fights for it on her own in some way to get what she wants.

"Yes, Marquess, you are a woman, and you will be the only exception in this world." (if she does not set precedence)

Pol's running a marathon so women could take a stroll.

Lucius? Lucius was there to be another POV for people ignorant of the hurdles. There's a reason why he keeps apologizing in the story.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    DOHere, AidenF, chibihana and 4 others like this.
  17. minaaa

minaaa New Member

Reading List:
    Link

what happened to the imprisoned one?

18. ArguingApples

ArguingApples Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! Fortunately, the "imprisoned one" spoiler was wrong. You can read the whole spoilers in this thread. With more accurate information. Enjoy!

19. Delice-San

Delice-San Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel translations have just ended today:blobpensive: I'll miss Lucius and Poliana:blobsad:

Turns out, Lucius's last name is "Clair":aww:

daonovel. com translates it

20. ARaine

ARaine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, the novel ended now. The translator did cut a few sentences but the ending was so good and satisfying. The author and translator did an awesome job! I'm happy and a bit sad. I'll miss them. Anyone who's planning to read after the whole novel is translated can do so now. :blobsmile:

I realized since Paul gifted Luminae a map on her 7th bday, then that means Paul is 39+ years old while Lucius is 43+ years old. They should have married when Paul was around 35 years old. So no extra babies in those 4+ seven years that passed.

Webnovel.com is the official translator btw. :blobsmile:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020