NU/NUF Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Tony, Apr 3, 2018.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    .... You'd be surprised.

Plenty of mods just delete stuff without warning you about anything that you did or why. You might not even get a notification that your post was deleted... Until eventually they get sick of deleting your stuff, so they temp ban you (or perma ban if they're in a bad mood) because you broke the rules without even knowing... And not many are that open for discussing bans.

NUF mods are really generous and NUF rules are really lax, seriously.

2. ChiChidi

ChiChidi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot I made a thread back then. But that doesn't explain why you can't comment on the thread that was merged?

I made a new thread today because it wasn't possible to comment on the previous one, and now I am not allowed to make threads at all. And still don't get to hear exactly what the issue is with my thread, and why I am not allowed to comment on it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2020
  3. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    @ChiChidi don't double post. Hit "Reply" for each msg you wanna reply to before writing your reply or use "+Quote" for each, then "Insert Quotes".

Did you seriously forget? How does that happen? It's not like you've got 1k+ posts on here...
    And you're supposed to search the forums before writing a thread anyway.
    Besides your last post in that thread is 4 days ago... so how did you not know there is a thread just three days later?

Why would he comment on a merged thread? The link from the new thread is viable for the next 7 days, I think. Or at least 24hrs.

The thread isn't locked. It wasn't locked when I checked it upon seeing your original post here (before @runsing 's reply).
    Is it locked for you?
    Maybe you got banned from that forum for 24hrs or something for sharing pirated raw sources?
    I mean, I clearly see you writing the source is illegal in that thread and then you're sending a link to somebody on a profile post (it's been redacted since).

You clearly didn't get a full posting ban, since you're posting here. As for making new threads... Isn't there a limit for creating new threads for everybody?
    I'm actually not sure, I've been here for nearly 4 years now and I've only made 3 threads so far.
    If that's not it, then maybe you did get a temporary posting ban in that forum, after all? Did you try other forums?

Still, you kinda make it sound as if you're trying to make yet another incarnation of that same thread, in which case, it's good you can't.
    There's no issue with your thread. It exists, it's open. Merged with the previous one, because rules prohibit duplicates.
    You can make a new one only after the old one hasn't had a reply in over 3 months. Though, IDK if it's the same in Novel Pickup.

If you want your suggestion to get some more love, you can bump your thread. Once a week, at most.

As for locking threads in novel pickup, this thread actually answers that:
    So perhaps you didn't use the template?

But like I said, the thread isn't locked. At least not for me.

P.S. See how I was able to quote multiple posts? Do that in the future.

TaffyGirl13 and Calahan like this.
  4. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You bumped that thread way too often. Even twice a day occasionally. Not only that, you only replied with "hh" (I deleted all of those posts) to bump the thread so I replied banned you from that thread meaning you couldn't post in that thread. That thread is still opened, you just couldn't post to it. I removed the ban earlier so please stop spamming the thread with "hh" posts.

I understand that you want more attention to that thread but you bumped it way too often, especially when you should only bump it once a week: https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/1147233/

TaffyGirl13, Ral and AliceShiki like this.
  5. creizreiz

creizreiz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know it's an old threads and possibly no one will answer, but I'm really on my wit's end haha...
    Yes, idk it is a thing at all and not aware of it until I hit the likes limit yesterday. I want to keep giving likes because I agree with the poster. The thread is about 78+ pages, and I read it without stopping, so giving a bunch of likes in a day is not that bizzare right?

I then couldn't giving likes anymore T.T and I can't help but feel like I need to stop reading the thread so I can giving likes later when the banned is lifted. Rereading threads is kinda hard to do, I will forget which post to give likes to, so then I stopped.

Apparently, my action is seen as spamming likes system?

I thought the banned will be lifted after waiting for a day. But then, I still cannot gives like, and torn between continuing reading the threads or not.

Can someone tells me if the banned will ever be lifted? Should I wait for several days? Or is it already doomed for that thread? (like the likes limit is actually counted on how much per thread and not per day, thus if I want to give another likes, I should unlike some posts I've liked previously, or..?)

What should I do so I can start giving likes again? Please help.

6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, you were not banned from liking, no worries.

Likes come back 24h after they were spent. As in, if you liked a post at 3:08 PM yesterday, you'll only be able to use that like again after 3:08PM today.
    This applies to each and every individual like you spent. So... You'll have them all back by the time 24h passed from the moment you reached the limit. But you'll start getting them back about 24h after the first like you spent.

In other words, just wait for a while longer, they'll come back soonish.

7. creizreiz

creizreiz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! But I've spent a day already, and when I've tried it again, I am still not allowed to gives likes. I've refreshed the page also, and still the same ;;

I'll wait for another day then. Thank you :)

8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you perchance also spend the likes in a Conversation? Likes spent in Conversations can bypass the limit, but then they take away likes you'd have available in the next day,

LaDyViL likes this.
  9. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tl;dr You're in debt, buddy :blobspy:

10. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How do I stop receiving forum response/alerts to a post I made?

11. Ral

Reading List:
    Link
    AliceShiki likes this.
  12. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Delete the post.

AMissingLinguist, Ral and AliceShiki like this.
  13. JayGatsby

JayGatsby Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    heeye, i dont know how to start a discussion, so forgive if this topic is not allow here.
    i want to ask if some of you know the name of a novel where the girl tames a lion who speaks English

14. Ral

Reading List:
    Link
    You'll be able to in 12 more minutes.

https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...ant-find-a-how-to-make-a-thread-thread.74313/

You get rights to creating threads after 24hrs from registration or 30 minutes after your first post. Whichever comes first.

AliceShiki and LaDyViL like this.
  15. FuryST

FuryST New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does this forum have a prepaid version?

16. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    no. it does not. :eek:

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  17. FuryST

FuryST New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for an answer.

18. Yurineduan

Yurineduan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do not find my comment box when I enter the burning forum

19. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    pardon me, what? can you please explain more on what are you trying to do (or trying to find), and where?

AliceShiki and AMissingLinguist like this.
  20. Yurineduan

Yurineduan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the problem has been solved now, I am still having a problem with using the site because I am new