Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Godgrid

Godgrid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Trust me dude, I can read Korean and I've read the raws. His class is not myth class yet

FonsyMN, Melegant and LordDanny like this.
  2. LordDanny

LordDanny 《Duke of Chaos》

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I agree with you.

I like the System Messages and Descriptions of anything in Overgeared because this is the essence of Satisfy or any VR Game Novel. Though, I only like them because they seem relevant and very well thought. If someone doesn't like these kind of thing, then I can say only one thing: This person doesn't like the System of Satisfy or any VR Game.

What I said in my previous post was because we normally read Overgeared or experience Satisfy mainly from Grid's point of view. We get pretty less to 0 Information about other Players. Maybe Kraugel is the only Player whose Incomplete Status Window was shown apart from Grid, of course. In Agnus' case, we don't even know the System Messages when his [Baal's Contractor] Class became a Legendary-rated Class. We didn't even get the Descriptions of many Legendary Classes such as [Demon Slayer], [Bow Saint], and Lantier/Legendary Assassin. In fact, in Lantier or Legendary Assassin's case we don't even know perfectly which of them is the actual Class or Status. Though, [Lantier] looks like a Class similar to [Bow Saint] which gives the Status of the [Legendary Assassin]. Then Author f*cked up to mess people's mind and both of them looked like a fused Class in the next Chapter. Well, Author does some twisted things. We don't any other Myth in Satisfy except Grid (I am talking about a Human, not Hydra or Archangels, that is). Additionally, we don't even know the Description of [Mumud's Successor] Class. If we knew something about this, then we may have compared this the Magic Swordsman of the Epics as both are the Growth-type Legendary Classes. So we basically know nothing. What we know is: Epics are the way to upgrade the Rating of MSotE to the Myth Rating. It has been stated. However, when Grid became a God (by Status only), he didn't receive any System Messages regarding the upgradation of his Class' Rating. Maybe Author didn't want to show this immediately or he didn't get his class upgraded.

But we know that Grid's Class is related to the Epics, so it would become a Myth eventually. That is, if not now. The 2nd factor why I said that It might not have become a Myth-rated Class because of Grid's Status Window. I have a assumption: When MSotE becomes a Myth Class, it would also become Grid's 1st Class and maybe Pagma's Descendant would become 2nd Class at that time.

Now I come to Grid's Status as a God. As it said, Grid is a Overgeared God. We have already seen that a God can have more than one Occupation. For example, God Red Phoenix is a God of Fire and Life (Fertility). God Black Tortoise is a God of Death, Poison, and Water. Rebecca is the Goddess of Light, Creation, and Healing. Yatan is an Evil God, God of Destruction and Diseases. So the Overgeared God Grid can also be a Human God, God of Virtue, and Martial God. The Myth of Overgeared God originated from: When Grid saved Isabel by enhancing the Lifael's Spear and sealing its original abilities, when saving Han Seokbong, Han Sua, and many residents of Pangea from the Yangbans, and the 4th Epic which was about Grid's Qualification to become a God. The 4th Epic was an important Epic why Grid could become a God. The Epic presented Grid's Myth to become a God. It also confirms Grid's [Request to Stand With Me Skill] which might become a God Killer. Grid's 6th Epic, which is incomplete currently, would become complete and become one of Grid's Myths to become the Dragon Slayer. Meaning, Grid's Myth to become a God arrived earlier because of People's wishes, but his Myth as a God Killer and Dragon Slayer would only arive when he becomes that much powerful to execute what he said in the past.

[Myth Usurper] and [Angel Slayer] are also Myths as well as being the Mythical Titles because your name is inscribed on the Myths in which the Creature you killed had appeared.

Additionally, there should be many ways to upgrade your Class Rating to make it a Myth-rated Class. In Magic Swordsman of the Epics' case, it is Epics. Epics are the Path or the Process for it to become a Myth. The completion of [For Isabel' Sake] Quest proves Grid's Myth to become a Myth as a Blacksmith. Meaning, it can elevate Pagma's Successor Class' Rating. [Blacksmith's Skill Comparable to a God] gives 1 Deity Stat Point each 3 Myth-rated Items Created. When it reaches at certain Level, Grid would be able to become a Myth as a Blacksmith as well. So there should be many other methods to become a Myth.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    Gymgym, FonsyMN and godowsky like this.
  3. godowsky

godowsky Member

Reading List:
    Link
    was the rating of the class shown in yesterday's raw chapter? in the MTL only the name of the classes were shown not the ratings.

4. LordDanny

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he was referring to this MTL'd text:

"There is no significant difference compared to the status window of other players, except that they have 1-2 jobs and 2-3 times more titles than others. However, the newly added item next to 'King' in the status category was not unusual."

In this section, it clearly says that no other changes, but only a Status. That is the Status: Overgeared God.

5. godowsky

godowsky Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh i understood that as in the status looked the same as other players' status widnows except he had much more titles and 3 classes , not that his classes and titles weren't different compared to what they were before(so he still had 3 classes , 50 titles or so , he didn't gain any new class or get 100 titles etc... since his status window IS technically different in the sense all his classes are at least legendary, but that's just how i understood it , i might be mistaken and maybe it's the MTL which didn't translate the message properly) . So i think what the author(or rather that's what the MTL said) tried to say is that becoming a god didn't change his status window display and properties but just added a new function (godhood). Well since the guy knows korean it's probably an MTL problem.

6. Bear007

Bear007 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His 3rd class says starts from a legend and ends with a myth.
    Tenth epic is just a myth starting point not the end point.
    Grid needs more achievements to upgrade his 3rd class basically like a hydra that participates in multiple Myths.
    It's more like a baby Myth compared to Braham's Myth

7. LordDanny

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are reading a book, then it is Grid's Epic. If you are reading seperate stories, then it is Grid's Epics. Grid's Epic is a book. Meanwhile, Grid's Epics are the pages of that book. All these pages tells you a different story from each other. You would understand if you see some System Messages about Grid's Epics. Please see the starting and ending System Messages of Grid's Epics.

[An unknown person is writing down the first epic.] (First World Messages of Grid's First Epic)

[An unknown person has completed the first page of the epic!] (Last World Messages of Grid's First Epic)

Note: A Myth (Individual) is created by many Myths, not just by one Myth. Grid's Epic contains Grid's Myths or Myth. Separately they may be Legends or Myths. But in a compressed form, they are Grid's Myth or Myths.

Similarly, if someone is a Legend, it doesn't mean that he hasn't created any Myths. A Legend may have Myths. For example, Grid's First Myth is of him becoming the Hero King. Braham's Myth is well known to us. Additionally, in a compressed form, it can be Pagma's Legend. But Separately, it would always be Pagma's Legends. The former shows Pagma's whole existence as a Legend, while the latter only shows one of Pagma's deeds out of Many. So saying that Grid's Epic would end at the Myth. It isn't about his Myth. It is about his Class Rating. His Myths would be created and would be even more massive from now on. But maybe it shows that Class Rating wouldn't grow anymore and would remain at the Myth Rating? In fact, as I said previously, Legends are born when they can create Legends, but not only one Legend, they should be many. Similarly, to construct a Myth many Legends and certain no. of Myths are needed. So whoever says that you become a Myth after creating just one Myth is sheer foolishness. Say that to Braham and Grid who have created Myths before. They would surely beat that kind of person a lot. After all, they have worked hard to become Hero King, surviving from Trauka, writing the 4th Epic, slaying the Hydra, Slaying the Sanju and Slaying an Archangel. So creating these Myths isn't a joke.

Gymgym, FonsyMN and Bear007 like this.
  8. godowsky

godowsky Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i second what @LordDanny said , i don't know which part of grid's myths you assume are ''baby myth compared to braham's myths'' but becoming a myth is due to a cumulation of many myths in your own story , as an example hayate is a legend who has slayed a dragon alone , slaying a dragon and earning the dragonslayer class + creating a dragon-slaying swordsmanship all of those are myth rated achievements , this however does not necessarily mean hayate himself is a myth. On the other hand grid's myths are no joke either , the biggest proof is that his first myth , the hero king , is perhaps one of the greatest myths known yet , slaying the sanju , a mythical beast , his competition with hexetia and removing hexetia's sin , declaring he will become a god and killing a high ranking half god(garam) , slaying a true archangel who are said to be as powerful as the top GDs , has survived the first holy war with the saints without being killed once , and was supported by asgard, is , for me at least , a feat comaprable if not superior to surviving an encounter with trauka. So far , grid's myths are superior to braham's , so no , it wouldn't be surprising if his class does become a myth tbh, especially after gaining a myth rated status , that being godhood no less.

9. GridGridGrud

GridGridGrud 《Dao of Reading:3rd Stage》

Reading List:
    Link
    I think last chapter confirmed that Grid's 3rd Class is already Myth..

The next chapter would probably confirm things..

The epic said that he is a Myth
    And his Epic came from his actions and class.

Grid did so much shit when he received his 3rd class

.I think this is enough evidence for his MSoE to be Myth

Another possibility is that Grid is the Myth ,not his Class.but it's weird if that's the case..He should have a Myth class

It's like a race car pro. racing with a normal car

So,His Myths from now on(God level) would be like a new volume of the Epic..

[Overgeared God Grid is writing the 1st page of the 2nd volume of the Epic](Yeah,kinda long but you get the idea..It's like season2 in shounen anime)

Or

[Overgeared God Grid is writing down the 1st page of the next Epic]

Because the 1st Grid and the 11th page Grid are completely different entity.

Well, 11th page of the Epic works too

--
    It would suck if the 10th is his last Epic

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  10. LordDanny

Reading List:
    Link
    What if the last 10 Epics were about the Grid as Magic Swordsman of the Epics and later Epics are about the Overgeared God. It clearly said that now the Myth of Overgeared God begins. The former 10 Epics can be considered the process for Grid to become a Myth, the Overgeared God. Next Epics may be about Grid's deeds as the Overgeared God.

On a sidenote, Grid used to write an Epic every 31 Chapters. If we are talking about the average, that is. So let us wait around 30-60 Chapters to see whether Grid would write another Epic or not. Or let the next Chapter come to confirm the important things about his Status as a Myth and also his Class. If there is information about the Epics in some of the next Chapters, then it is fantastic.

FonsyMN and Bear007 like this.
  11. Bear007

Reading List:
    Link
    Wrong wording my bad, yes it's a book can't get the word of my mind previously.

12. GridGridGrud

GridGridGrud 《Dao of Reading:3rd Stage》

Reading List:
    Link
    Yess..
    I think his religion would trigger a Epic
    since he is human but also a God

Lauel ,Huroi and Peak Sword are probably the most fit for the Job..

Peak Sword as the Pope
    Lauel as the evil manipulator
    Huroi would then spread Grid's deeds in his own magical way..

I wonder if Damian can become Grid's Pope??

If that's the case..
    Damian-Pope
    Peak Sword-Bishop
    Huroi-Messenger
    Lauel-Messenger or Follower(High rank)

13. Bear007

Reading List:
    Link
    I really can't say the grid myth is superior to braham's myth since from the start it's a mythical beast killer and if Braham wants to he can convert to myth anytime due to hydras feats(shelves full of books to insert Sassy ending quotes) But one thing is for sure Grid does have a shelves to fill with origin contents/epics and grid won the Myths race with deity stats from the current legends.

14. LordDanny

Reading List:
    Link
    If Huroi ever got a chance to narrate Grid's Epics, then it would be an Epic only for Grid. The enemies of Grid present in his Epics might go through the worst experience of their life that they would either want to die or swallow Huroi alive.

Something like this:

[Overgeared God is writing down the first epic]

[He understood Baal's father, Yatan. In fact, Yatan wasn't a male, but a bitch—a female dog.]

Baal: WTF? This f*cking Huroi, #%$@&&.

Yatan: WTF is going on? Wasn't this about Amoract Raid? When did I get involved in this shit?

[He understood that Yatan, the bitch, was f*cked, by a male, Rebecca.]

Baal: ???

Yatan: ??? When was I f*cked by Rebecca?

Rebecca: WTF? When did I change my gender as well as my race (Dog)?

Note: Most of the Abuses in the phrases have been removed through the [Intangible Will].

CatCat19, Gymgym, Yogi666 and 6 others like this.
  15. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    o_O well it is more entertaining than park sword version

Satisfy creation myth by peak sword
    I mean he would be something like
    Godgrid created heaven and Earth and then he decided to go down so he can show everyone how powerful Korea is and leaved his first apostle Rebecca in charge

Gymgym, Yogi666, Saltmaster64 and 4 others like this.
  16. LordDanny

Reading List:
    Link
    @Tzedakah. I said earlier about the reasons regarding Grid's Aliases that why they are present on the Overgeared Wiki. But you asked whether he was referred to as 'Overgeared God' or not. It was for the Overgeared Wiki. So I replied that he is not referred to as Overgeared God. At least, this is true for the Overgeared Wiki as they might have removed this Alias even if it was present there in the past. But it isn't there currently. So my answer was somewhat correct. However, I found a reference where he was referred to as [Overgeared God] by one of the Twelve Zodiacs—Banguli the Snake in Chapter 1193. He was also said to be a Half-God by the Snake—Banguli. It would be edited perfectly when Grid becomes the Overgeared God in Wuxiaworld's Chapters. See the phrases given below.

CHAPTER 1193
    Banguli and the others stared at Blue Tiger after finding out Grid’s identity. They were fiery in nature among the Twelve Zodiacs and wanted to give Blue Tiger a good beating. However, they couldn’t refuse the hand that Grid was holding out so they politely grabbed it first. Banguli had no hands and was forced to use her tongue.

“Benefactor, it is an honor to meet you.”

“You are a half-god. Shall I call you the Overgeared God in advance? Gul?

“...Overgeared God?”

Wasn’t this good? Grid was constantly suffering from being called God of Virtue so his face became rosy at this change. “Yes, call me Overgeared God.”

It was 10 times better than virtue. Grid smiled with satisfaction.

*** *** ***​

So Grid was referred to as a Half-God and Overgeared God in above given text. Why was it like this? He clearly wasn't a Half-God either by Status or by Race. He only had [Divinity Lv. 3] at that time, and he could become a Half-God only when it reached Level 5. Even after achieving the [Divinity Lv. 5], he didn't choose to become a Half-God. Then why was he referred to as a Half-God even earlier than achieving the [Divinity Lv. 5]? The only explanations that I could think of are:

1. Grid killed Hangyeol—a Yangban and a Half-God, and became a [Half-God Killer]. This gave him the qualification to become a Half-God. As it was stated somewhere that God Killers can also become True Gods, so this assumption is based on that.

2. Grid achieved [Divinity Lv. 1] in Chapter 1165 as he had accumulated 10 [Deity] Stat Points in Chapter 1164 for his Divinity to be defined. Through this, he gained the qualification to be Deified or Worshipped like a Half-God or God as Divinity is the Path to become a God. Meaning, you are qualified to be Deified openly if you achieve [Divinity]. Thus, you can also be considered a Half-God, but a false one. Though, if you are Defied openly and establish your religion, then you would become the enemies of Gods such as Rebecca in the West Continent and Hanul in the East Continent. So yeah, a very plausible assumption. But as I said, an assumption indeed.

3. Grid wrote the 4th Epic and resurrected the God Red Phoenix before coming to the Twelve Zodiacs who had regained their minds and previous Statuses. His 4th Epic, the Guardian of the Land of Old Gods, gave Grid the qualification to be a God. Meaning, he got the qualification to be Deified or Worshipped as well, and only either Half-Gods or Gods can be Deified openly. We all know that Grid didn't have the Status of a God at that time, but he was the Half-God Killer. So the Achievement/Title may have given him the Pseudo Status of a Half-God. Then, God Red Phoenix was resurrected. Grid and Braham were Deified in front of the Red Phoenix, but it didn't have any reaction to it. Meaning, it accepted Grid's Divinity and Path to become a God whole heartedly. Thus, Grid was started to be Deified as a God or Half-God in the Cho Kingdom, and acquired the Unknown Status of a Half-God from the acknowledgement of God Red Phoenix. Well, Grid is Deified in Cho Kingdom and Xing Kingdom because the Guardian Gods allowed it. Meaning, he is a Minor Deity/God in those Kingdoms and is also acknowledged by the 2 Guardian Gods. So it is safe to say that Grid got the Unknown Status of a Half-God. Again, a plausible assumption. But as I said earlier, an assumption indeed.

Now we come to Grid's Status as the [Overgeared God]. So now, we know from where it started. It started from the Chapter 1193 because of Grid's chattering. You don't like the alias of God of Virtue, so you became the Overgeared God? How funny? Though, when Grid gained the Status of Overgeared God in the Game, he was regretting somewhat. Some of the Rankers or Players were also angry at the fact that it wasn't the 'God Grid' but Overgeared God. Yeah, a funny but fitting Alias/Title for Grid indeed. I am pretty sure that some of the Twelve Zodiacs started to refer Grid as the Overgeared God and some of them still called him the God of Virtue. But as the name Overgeared is associated to Grid since ages, it is like the 'Undefeated' Status of Madra, so it was also acknowledged by the System. Thus, Grid became the Overgeared God. Hehe he he....
    In fact, Twelve Zodiacs are Mythical Creatures similar to Angels or Archangels, so their acknowledgement of this Title of Grid would have played a big role on Grid's 10th Epic where he became a Myth and a God—the Overgeared God Grid, but by Status only and not by Race.

Mostly, a God's Status or Title refers to its Occupational Status. For example, Chiyou and Zeratul are Martial Gods—Gods of Combat Techniques, Hexetia is a Blacksmith God and etc. So it shows the Occupation of the Gods. Or to say it differently, it shows their Classes. In case of NPCs, Classes can also be shown by the 'Occupation' but only in some cases. For Example, see the Status Windows of Bland, Rigal, Rachel, and Mercedes. Bland's Occupation is [Magic Swordsman] in Chapter 215. Rigal's Occupation is [Rider] in Chapter 784. Rachel's Occupation is [Spearman] (Rachel is a woman) in Chapter 784. Mercedes' Occupation is [Legendary Knight] in Chapter 811. So a NPC's Class can also be shown by Occupation, but it is not the case everytime. It is because of Kasim. See Chapter 510, his Occupation is 'Leader of Overgeared Shadows', not [Assassin] or [Shadow Master]. The Leader of Overgeared Shadows is a Position or a Title similar to the Status 'King' or [Yatan's Eighth Servant], not a Class.

Just some random thoughts.

17. JesterSage

JesterSage Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello there! justabotscaryjustabotscaryjustabotscary

18. LordDanny

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, this filler isn't as annoying as the past fillers during the Drasion Raid. Meaning, it is good.

Yeah, Damian became the Pope of Overgeared God Church, and he isn't as powerful when he was the Goddess' Agent + Pope of Rebecca Church. Meaning, he lost those Classes. A Pope can't be more powerful than the God. As he has lost his Class and possibly all Skills related to Rebecca, so he would have to start again. So we have to know if there is any Hidden Class like Goddess' Agent. Meaning, something like Grid's or Overgeared God's Agent? Grid isn't as powerful as Rebecca, so he possibly give something like this to Damian. But System can do. It should also be understood, the powerful a God is, the more powerful his/her Followers would be. Additionally, powers that are given to the Followers are from the main Attributes of the God. Meaning, Rebecca Followers would gain the power to Heal someone and buff skills because Rebecca is the Goddess of Light. Followers of Yatan are mostly Black Magicians. Now we have to see what kind of powers are given to Grid's Followers. It would surely be a pretty interesting experience as Grid is the Overgeared God with many attributes such as Human God, God of Virtue, Martial God, Blacksmithing (though he can't become the Blacksmith God), Swordsmanship, God of Fire (because of Red Phoenix's 9th Heart), and a little Magician.

The other thing is that Damian is a Player. So him becoming the Pope of seems like the cooperation than becoming a Follower. This also means that his growth rate would increase. If an NPC had been the Pope of Overgeared God Church, then he might not have become as powerful as Damian in the long run.

Last thing is what happened to the Game Achievements? Damian may have done many Quests to acquire many things like Skills, Titles, Items (Damian's Holy Sword), and Stats (Faith). If many of these were related to Rebecca, then were they removed when Damian rebelled against Goddess Rebecca? Or something else other than the above scenario happened? Who knows? Maybe we would know later what happened to Damian's Classes, Skills, Stats and Items.