Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Surprisingly or not, it's a childhood friend character

2. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pls give me the name orz
    I started reading and wanna know end game route haha

3. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the name is Iris (I google translate so it may not be so)

4. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    surprised she ended up with fellow follower instead of heroine/villainess I guess. Is there side yuri couple or just one?

5. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes ago google give it MTL name "eschatology" *shudders* now it's back to "end times".
    looks nice, will add
    Add this one too.
    I'm more with this opinion but all tags and focuses should be taken with grain of salt. Some easy could be filled with a lot of drama cliche or adultery. And drama could be pretty lighthearted and sweet. Also it mostly set during early draft and while writing it could go in different direction. Especially with starting authors.
    It reads more like end of first target route. She still in yuri game she still is target by another girls at the end. And it reads like author was tired.
    ----------
    Finished some stories too. I mentioned before that after My Princess Has Been Reborn wanted to read author other works it had nice style but with hiccups currently finished additional two another in current reading.
    All stories follow these tropes:
    - MC wants to run or breakup from FL
    - ancient times
    - MC is cross-dressing as man
    - most times plot took place or in imperial court or in surroundings
    - more like adventure story with a lot of court schemes
    - author often unnecessary speed up development of plot

Kneel to solve Jiaguitian - 6.5/10 (somewhat good)
    MC is young commanding officer (general) of black cavalry unit and was fighting since 16 for 7 years wants to retire since coming from war. MC comes to army to protect her widowed mother of soldiers family (that lost all to different wars) from taxes with man identity. Unfortunately she caught the eye of lead marshall of army as potential successor. And constantly trying to delay her retirement. And another problem that MC caught the eye of FL family and FL had reputation as black widow to boot. All her suitors died in accidents. And marshall and FL father get agreement to marry them.
    It started very fun. All MC attempts to retire to cover for her identity and how it backfired constantly. But later part where MC was forced to take FL to her hometown was bad in my opinion and while not angsty but filled with unnecessary soap drama. And it was half of the story, while it was good that FL warmed to MC (MC uncover her identity before and they had agreement that the marriage proposal will be broken). Still it drags too much. And while it was HE. I will not recommend it until you bored. Still pay mind that it one of the earlier author works.

Unable to target - 8.5/10 (nearly excellent)
    It's anti transmigration story. MC is target of all transmigrators that come to the fictional history book. MC is daughter of noble concubine of emperor. That was left to live in small backyard village with her father. When father died she was taken to capital and adopted by her mother that cover her identity. And potentially wanted to use her as pawn with all schemes. Why she can't do all herself she could take hand with princess (FL) faction and a queen. Hence use MC as male identity to political marriage.
    Not only it's anti transmigration story. But it's also new game+ for this world. Due to some circumstances world difficulty goes to S and it allowed to come to book different people. Also as side effect of it some people have changes. One of those is MC she hear all chattering and system messages of transmigrators (raiders). Mostly favourability rise or fall. Since she comes to know them in early ages she was frightened and have hostile relationship with them that cause a lot of hilarious misunderstandings. Since MC is heroine of the book she is has some halo and all raiders rushed to fast rise favourability only to find that it's zero and worst cases down in double digits. And all blame was spewed on world difficulty.
    She can't brush them completely. Some of them was forced on her as teachers in arts and martial by her mother. And heared that she will be married to FL and all involvment of raiders had made plot go haywire. From the start some things were much earlier and another mumble she heard discussion of was she really in love with FL when FL died. One of raiders ship MC with FL and argued. While time go (she was 10 at start of the story) she mets constantly with FL and uncover her real self. Thus somewhat binding FL to her and FL was first who initiated their relationship. But there was main boss - FL mother. She was completely against MC because of intuition (mostly caused by world reset). FL mother feared that MC will make her daughter killed and was very harsh to MC (MC feared FL mother till the end even more than main villain).
    It was a good story that had ups and down.
    Ups:
    - unique setting
    - good humor and author notes they are required to read the story for additional fun
    - good adventure story in some parts
    - awesome side characters, they are even sometime better than main pair
    - very awesome side pair
    cons:
    - some backstory was only in AN it's lazy
    - uneven plot one time plot was so slow that I wanted to drop it
    - "dog blood" style in some parts, long separation that looks rather unnecessary in that way
    Overall: recommended but keep in mind that author tropes that I mentioned earlier. MTL is easy, humor is light and sometimes hillarious and even pretty ridiculous even could count or cause some soap drama if you don't know background. One of it main spoiler in second part so I will avoid it and only advertise.

-----------------------
    In ongoing ones I don't expect how story come in recent I Favor the Villainess. I now couldn't even understand this mess. It's like from Otome Flag story transforms to Kill la Kill.

Autodoll wa Kuchita Sekai de Yume wo Miru is still good and TL make good speed and story is nice.

-------------------------
    Some yuri manga ended... some are axed, some are near ending. But there are also new ones:

The Struggle-Free Life of the Witch's Sacrifice - Near the western forest, there is a village that is on the verge of disappearing. In the forest there is a witch who eats humans: if they give her human sacrifices, any wish will come true. Mian is sent as a sacrifice... but apparently, the witch does not want to eat her…

Who Decided That Blues Had to Be Cool!? - Pure Azurite is a "cool blue" magical knight. Problem is, she doesn't really like being one.
    Magical girls with hidden identity. Watagiri Saya work so quirks are expected. Still mild.

Witch and Maid-chan - A girl becomes a witch's maid in order to get revenge on her.
    Nagori Yu work - don't think I should add anything to it.

Asumi-chan is interested in Lesbian Brothels! - Asumi-chan uses a lesbian brothel to try to find her childhood friend.
    Not the best way to find her childhood friend but it is exactly what you expect from this title.

AsianessPride likes this.
  6. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ubik
    I read this
    This somehow remind me why fem rangers usually either pink or yellow, thankfully kamen riders have some not really feminine costume fem rangers,like wiseman, necrom, etc.

7. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm: don't know about that ones (never seen, but heard the name). But if it's about magical girls Looking up to Magical Girls is top in current ones.

8. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    I juat noticed that https://www.novelupdates.com/series/quick-transmigration-fate-trading-system/?grr=1
    The link is 404 not found rip

Anyway, the most important thing is, if you're lazy just check on the ending, it shows what world and which one
    All stories there were 17 arcs
    Mc and fl same person, fl is mc bff but she refused didn't want to ake a step further cos she's afraid she will get bored and lose her.
    For the first time, she was a courtesan and met an empress.

The second time, she was a mermaid and met a princess.

For the third time, she was an ordinary person and met a vampire sister.

For the fourth time, she was a female student in the Republic of China and met a mysterious aunt.

For the fifth time, she was a pear demon, and she met a ghost.

For the sixth time, she was the mocked wastewood, and met a nine-life cat.

Seventh time, she was a loyal star soldier and met a general.

For the eighth time, she was a rural girl trapped and met a locust tree demon.

For the ninth time, she was a timid hamster and met a great white wolf.

For the tenth time, she was an unloved queen girl and met a little poor girl.

For the eleventh time, she was a poor, sensitive person, and met an ascetic doctor.

For the twelfth time, she was an archeologist obsessed with the answer and met a young police officer.

For the thirteenth time, she was a monk who was completely exhausted and met a genius who was like a fairy.

Fourteenth time, she was a hero who wanted to save the world and encountered a virus.

For the fifteenth time, she was pregnant with hardships and met an overbearing president.

For the sixteenth time, she was the spare tire of suicide, and met her stepmother, the crush.

For the seventeenth time, she was a lady from Touhu who encountered a badly wounded general.

Seventeen years of reincarnation, there is such a person who has been guarding her, loving her with deep remorse and no regrets.

I think I'll read 14,15 and maybe 16. I finished 1st arc.
    Pair mc Su Xin and fl Qiu Qingqing

Mc akways choose to archieve and blur memory, cos she think:
    In ch 275 before survival trapped in game world Miracle
    If you know that we will never meet again in the future, why bother to remember the past alone.

Fl is very patient, even tho mc has rejected her she kept guarding her

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    Ubik likes this.
  9. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    no, it's more like everybody loves mc but mc is like, nope

10. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had answered why it disappeared before. When TL site changes they completely wiped those stories that they dropped. Simple as that.
    As the story itself, I'm still planning to read it. But I fear it would be worse than 〖快穿〗 表小姐总是很忙[快穿] (Miss watch is always busy) It was "miss book" before, google MTL as it best, yup. So I don't want to drop opinion about author. Not to mention the length of it.

----------
    All right, there was something new.
    First, thanks @AsianessPride for Best Friends looks like from raw it's rather short and have two pairs. Not to mention it have HE. 25 chapters + 5 extras.
    Also in recommendation there was:
    Sora Haena! - Yoon Sora, the top student in Jeil Girl's High School, became responsible for the future of Woo Haena. To Sora's surprise, the boyfriend candidate is not a male but Haena?! A high school GL romance starts now!
    Two chapters were translated. Main pair looks like reserved top student x tomboyish happy-go-lucky girl. And it starts when MC (shy smart-girl) that was often advised to relax sometimes were dragged to blind date party by unknown girl.

A Monster Wants to Eat Me - High school girl Hinako is living a quiet life in a seaside town, but she feels somewhat detached from her friends during the summer months when she is reminded of when her family died years ago. One day, she meets Shiori, a mysterious girl who reminds her of the ocean, especially when it comes to her translucent blue eyes, but Shiori soon reveals that she is actually a mermaid who has been looking for Hinako for a long time.
    Awesome art, dark story of a girl who lost will to live, and hunter that is after that girl. That is from first sight...

Another interesting SH story to see:
    I Transmigrated into my Little Sister’s Cultivation Novel -
    Liulin Li died and was transmigrated into a novel her little sister wrote. However, there were a few problems.

She had transmigrated into a villainess cannon fodder who her sister made in order to tease her. However, that wasn't the largest problem. She had already thoroughly offended the protagonist Shi Xiaolong, and had her cultivation wasted.
    Quite entertaining. It is interesting what will come of it.

p.s.
    honourable mention:
    Isekai Yuusha Mizuki - A completely ordinary girl gets summoned into another world to become the hero. Hilarity ensues.
    It has shoujo-ai tag on dex so it will be. But no yuri content yet but it is very hilarious.

AsianessPride likes this.
  11. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ubik
    Ah, so it was dropped... Well at least there were mirror links so we can read it at rln ...
    Honestly the story problem is that it was so damn long each arc, from 18 up to 30 per arc. I usually only read the beginning and the end.
    But I read the one with overbearing president fully lol. Props to mc. Also the arc where mc have to make a random girl who the original body used to love love her before rejecting her is very painful. To me, and I feel bad for the original body who died cos suicide, the scum girl deserved the rejection lol. There were time irl when I really liked a girl and do my best for her but she well treated me like spare tires just like in novel. Its very impactful for me personally haha. Also mc became scum girl's mother in law haha.
    Done reading the general arc fully. Overall its a bit long, so just pick an arc you like and stuck with it, don't have to read each arcs to understand ending, except the first ch or last ch for each arc since mc and fl went irl.

Edit: I got a warning from nu somethinsomething about resubmit when I tried to submit this reply. I guess mentioning a certain mirror website triggered it

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    Ubik likes this.
  12. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ubik
    Give me spoiler about
    Spoil me who is lord god is it fl and if mc top or bottom, I just finished two arcs.
    Into 3rd arc now.

Edit: I skipped to the end of asura field arc 4 when fl appear at ch 76, its kinda stressful lol
    Skipped arc 5 at ch 100 to the end.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    Ubik likes this.
  13. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    So between this Miss President Cousin is busy and QT Fate Trading system by Xiao wujun, there were massive upgrade in writing. QTFTS is the type that's good in front but kinda dragging and boring. Miss Cousin is very engaging, its weird since both mc is dense and emotionally paralyzed kinda lol.
    Well, qtfs is before miss cousin, so... I'll continue reading miss cousin.
    Btw, Xiao Wujun also had a story with audio drama? I glanced and noticed the symbol when checking their stories. I'll check it later when I'm done reading miss cousin.

Edit:
    This story by Xiao Wujun
    快穿之撩妹手册gl
    QT: How to Flirt With Girls got an audio drama

Add: 3ch in, fl is tsun tsun
    It's somehow much more interesting than QTFS, despite qtfs written after this.
    I guess it's consistency problem since I also find some of XWJ story boring but also like some of her story haha

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    Ubik likes this.
  14. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.po18.tw/books/715242
    仗剑(gl武侠np) Sword
    Has anyone read this novel, its true harem.
    Summary:
    Originally, Shang Chi planned to put aside everything in the past and just wanted to be a happy person. He didn't expect to get a group of women after receiving a reward, but too many wives are more dangerous! Let's see how she fights swords for you in this chaotic world!
    The story of a swordsman who has been running around among all kinds of girls.

15. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds yandere-ish. Is it?

16. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
  17. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    So I've read quite a few things recently. The first one is I Kicked the Flying Hero (QT), which is a transmigration novel with pretty standard plot. I'm not gonna go into detail because I honestly don't remember exactly what happened. I've read one too many transmigration novels and I can't figure out which is which anymore, but I do know that I enjoyed this. Because this didn't leave much of an impression on me, I'll just give it an 8/10 since I generally wouldn't finish reading something unless I liked it.

The second one I read is Empress's Small Cat, which is also transmigration, but it's one without a system. The MC just died and became a cat in an ancient China setting. She basically becomes the current empress's companion, but there's a lot of stuff going on besides that. It's actually pretty interesting because we read things from the MC's perspective for the most part, while the actual plot is happening around the empress. She's a puppet empress who is suppressed under her aunt's will and trapped like a canary within the palace. It's basically a journey of the empress releasing her bonds and rising to power. The MC is a very passive role, which makes sense since she was introduced as a cat and she doesn't have any identity in this world. I'm somewhat unsatisfied with the romance because of how much the empress and the MC argue, but I think it's very realistic at the same time. I wish they were able to resolve things better, but it didn't bother me too much. I'd give it an 8/10 overall.

The third one I read is Lily Game's Ultimate Player, which was extremely interesting. The MC is essentially trapped in a survival game with lily themes, and how she survives depends on her intelligence. The romance is... not the most satisfactory thing in the world, but everything else was really interesting. I was on the edge of my seat reading everything because there were just so many heart-pounding situations (of the life and death variety). How the MC survives and the twists that happen were very shocking. I really enjoyed reading this, though it's definitely not something you want to read if you're looking for romance. One thing that bothered me was how the summary listed 4 games but the actual story only had the first 2. I hope the author continues it in a sequel because it was very good. I'd give it a 9/10 because I was trying to read this for yuri, but you know, I got a death game instead.

The one I most recently just finished was Feelings are Waiting (Rebirth). This one definitely deserves being so popular on jjwxc. If you notice, on the site, this has 709 reviews with 99% being 5 stars. I completely understand why now. Everything about this was perfect, from the beginning of the story to the reveals of what actually happened that caused the MC and FL to separate to the ending. The handling of making both characters have flaws that led to their break-up to making them sympathetic because of the circumstances and then the resolution of fixing their mistakes was all well executed. I have no complaints about anything written here, and it literally made me cry multiple times because they both really love each other. 10/10, there's just no other score that can do it justice.

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  18. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Done reading
    〖快穿〗 表小姐总是很忙[快穿]
    The only arcs I skipped is the asura field, emperor one and the one before detective arc where fl is ghost, the one where mc married to fl ncient china ver

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    Ubik likes this.
  19. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Moonpearl likes this.
  20. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    快穿之撩妹手册gl
    This one by Xuao Wujun how to flirt with girls
    The mc is bi but very dense?
    Fl is yanrezu
    Anyway in first 3 world mc is rap3d in every end arc and imprisoned by fl. Don't read if it trigger you. Idk about 4th arc, I'm
    at 4th arc now, entertainment circle.
    Anyway this each end ch arc is locked in jjwxc cos its raep non con... Yeah

But this one has Audio drama!