Discussion What is your unpopular opinion?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FIEND, Nov 17, 2020.

1. RaiLi

RaiLi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love is like cherry blossoms is really a good.... its so underrated...

2. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    20CF should have gotten Marvel and Lucasfilm not Disney.

3. Mahou-nii-sama

Mahou-nii-sama Ultimate Cannon Fodder

Reading List:
    Link
    We all want the stuff that's found in our wildest dreams, that's what we are, we all want a love bizarre.

Beren likes this.
  4. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was Walt Disney (who would have been 119 today) racist, sexist, or anti-Semitic? The standards of how people were treated back then shouldn't be used by today's standards. That doesn't justify why they were treated that way and they could/should have been treated better. Thus, I think it is safe to say that Walt may have had some racist, anti-Semitic, and sexist views. However, I doubt he those views that as a guiding force to conduct his business. It can be hard to separate the artistic/business life of an artist from their personal life.

5. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    Most people who are minorities are also racist, they just don't realize it or are casual hypocrites

6. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My father was a guy with normal logical thoughts, and tended to treat people with understanding in general, until he started getting more involved in thinking about politics. For politics, we always agreed on some things and disagreed on others, but in the past the conversations were more about comparing pros and cons. He never switched the side he identified with but as he watched more and more political news, he slowly became more and more illogical and it's even spreading to non-political topics.... Now it's all about whose side you are on, rather than what you have to say, and pros and cons don't even come up unless they prove that the other side is shit. If he thinks he's said something clever to prove your side is shit, he grins and makes fun like he has won a game, rather than actually trying to discuss and think about a topic. And things like yelling at a customer service rep for not answering his question whether it's something they would be able to answer or not is common now.
    I hate the propaganda..... I feel that it twists good people....

FIEND likes this.
  7. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh... Yea... They fight over pronouns. They should be addressing rape, homelessness, physical abuse or something that actually happened. You know. Why are they fighting about the use of she/he in among us. Omg. I can't believe people who are fighting about their pronouns getting mistaken in among us. You care that much that you got mistaken!? Wtf. Such a snowflake

FIEND likes this.
  8. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    thats a thing? I knew it was an issue but holy shit that bad?