LCD Cultivation Chat Group

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by CloudySkySadMoon, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean. Medicine Master has a wife now. And there’s Three Waves who pissed off Spirit Butterfly with his passes at Soft Feather. And even with Spirit Butterfly, he’s real old, but he only had Soft Feather recently (she’s 19 or around that age right now?).

Plus, there was that whole gossip about
    cultivators being surprised when their great elders suddenly come out and get into a relationship with their child/disciple and they have to call them a senior because of it.
    Unsure if that’s already been brought up now. It’s a minor thing and isn’t really a spoiler as it’s just a side joke, but put it in a spoiler anyway. Anyway, it’s brought up with relation to Shuhang and Sixteenth and what people assume from looking at them. Apparently, it’s a pretty regular occurrence in the cultivation world.

2. Captain_Ironfoundersson

Captain_Ironfoundersson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It just they focus more on their cultivation rather than sex. First to Fourth Stages are very important to a cultivator to build their foundation. If they spend lots of time fooling around, there is a good chance they won’t even have the chance to transcend the Fourth Promotes Fifth Tribulation.

In major schools, including demon sects, there are courses that teach the disciples to deal with the matter of the heart. And, they also taught that they can do whatever they want to do after getting strong enough.

This is one of the reasons for the lack of arrogant young masters who tried to snatch/rape MC’s girls in the story.

• Chu Chunying, Soft Feather’s friend from the Chu Family
    • Medicine Master’s parents
    • Lychee’s senior apprentice brother Pineapple and junior apprentice sister Honey Peach who are a couple
    It was mentioned that there are quite a few couples in the chat group who are travelling together and thus didn’t partake in the group’s activities.
    It’s on Chapter 1825 of I’m not mistaken.
    Anyway, Soft Feather was 25 years old while Sixteen was 28 or 29.

Bielt and justmehere like this.
  3. Tenzen12

Tenzen12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am pretty sure that Rainmoon is very interested in sex, though probably not her own. And then there is Thrice x Skylark. Seven is rumored to have girlfriend. Copper Triagram also got him/her-self partner (Though I definitely don't wanna know anything about their love life).

4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm wondering if embryotic gaze will make his core give 'birth' again.

5. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He already has 3 cores now...

The big fat whale, the small dragon and the external whale core.

I'm pretty sure he's done with the core obsession. If the author decides to add more, then I'm betting it's not going to stop at 4.

6. yogesh12

yogesh12 Hater of Generic Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Just one reason, it's just that he's just 18 years bold and becoming Dao companion is kinda early for him since Cultivators have long life. So he wanted to let the nature take its course

7. yogesh12

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahaha, nope nope , you're wrong there.
    the number of cores are equal to the number of dantuans he has corresponding to the second stage. 7 dantians I think. There's also a time when he actually becomes pregnant lol. Every core is different and every core goes under the process which a gold core has to go. I think if you include day whale core, it's 8 in total

8. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    don't forget the sage eyes cores

9. yogesh12

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, that's very very imp stuff even in the end game of the novel.

10. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sincerely I think it's just the fact that cultivation is supposed to increase your intelligence too, so the calculus is like this:
    Smarter people + super longer life + magical contraceptives + knowing that if you mess up in a relationship there is nothing stopping your ex-girlfriend from killing you because police can't do anything about it = people that actually thinks before going around having relationships with the first hot guy/girl they find

11. Tenzen12

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, even with long life, time to get offspring is limited to more or less first few millennia as at 7th stage it's almost impossible (props to that madlad Venerable Spirit Butterfly) and by 8th well... GG.

Also from certain point getting stabbed by girlfriend to death is not that big deal as it's expected to have some backdoor or resuscitation item.

And finnally being smarter doesn't make you necessarily well ...mature. You can be powerfull cultivator with thousand years under your belt and still think confessing love using profound sage sermon is great idea...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  12. GingerWyrm

GingerWyrm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did y'all forget that not only is Song Shuhang a virgin, but it was confirmed that he never masturbated or had a wet dream? It is part of why he is able to cultivate pretty quick. This was talked about at the beginning of the story. Shuhang's aversion to relationships certainly predates his cultivation

13. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, at least I wasn't wrong about now stopping at 4...

14. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    He's destined to be a wizard.

15. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    actually, by the end of the story, he is still a virgin

16. Tenzen12

Reading List:
    Link
    We don't know that.
    By end he is officially with Sixteen and just because she's pregnant with his child, doesn't really means he is still virgin

17. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if its Shuhang who got trapped, or if he had time to recreate Shuhang Two.

18. Sleep-deprived-enthusiast

Sleep-deprived-enthusiast |Daydreaming Literate Mon~key|

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty implied he would end up with Sixteen, and Soft Feather is number 2 love interest. It doesn't really matter much for the story for him to have sex because he's cool and fulfilled with his life, with widespread popularity, loved by the scholars, and has many seniors, friends, supernatural companions, pets, has a happy family, an adopted daughter and many disciples. He's a winner in life, his relationships are only messy-looking but that never stopped him from doing what he wants and fulfilling his obligations.

And yeah, his lack of any sexual experience contributed to him being steadier and faster when he's actively cultivating.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  19. Sleep-deprived-enthusiast

Sleep-deprived-enthusiast |Daydreaming Literate Mon~key|

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually for xianxias, I consider any increase in mental faculties not directly translating into sharp thought processes (not thinking speed and capabilities mind you), wisdom and priceless experiences, and a clear logical mindset without stupid biases. When you're a thousand years old... It's hard to not get stubborn about some stuff, especially with mindsets stained with ancient, archaic tradition. Of course this varies a lot on the characters and the writing of each book.

20. Captain_Ironfoundersson

Captain_Ironfoundersson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You might need to rephrase that statement again.