Spoiler Daughter of the Emperor

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by skyzoo2001, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Ichigoisstrawberry

Ichigoisstrawberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No he wouldn’t ~

2. jennyzou

jennyzou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    apparently Perdel is a traitor and at the end he and his wife and i forget if the sons are included but they get exiled ,,, that's so disappointing:cry:

3. Athy106

Athy106 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What!!??

4. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Based pedrel

5. Cynge42

Cynge42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only read the manga/manwha so far and I am caught up to chapter 202.
    A couple of questions:

1. Did Ria ever use her earing from Danste?

I was kinda bugged that she was kidnapped and didn't use the earing to help her get out of it, or to have him help Tel.

Another opportunity missed that could've been cool. Along with the eyes changing color after being kissed on the forehead.

Maybe..? I'm wondering.. if her eyes didn't change because she was getting used to his presence? That is the only thing I can think of. But, it really doesn't make sense if that is the case, but then neither does the color not changing due to being kissed on the forehead.

Anyway, next question:

2. Does the novel explain any of the following:
    A. The curse
    B. How Ria was kidnapped right under Tel's nose?
    (I know Perdana was involved in telling her whereabouts to the 6th prince, but how did the 6th prince; ;pull off such a feat?)
    And finally:
    3. Why did Halan keep hesitating when facing Ria? He had as much, if not more ofba chance to flirt, kiss, hold hands with Ria, but everytime he hesitated.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Lilili Yabbay and Airi Ai like this.
  6. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Bah this is a rant but I needed to get this out of my system since I fuckin loved this series so much and it ended up triggering me to hell

I was loving this series till Late S4+S5 happened, The Author made everyone absolutely retarded at that point and forgot how their characters worked.

Yes, The daughter wanted to go outside but where did her brain go? She is 25+18 years of mental age yet she acted liked utter fool in her teens.(Hell even teenagers are smarter)
    She knows she had few assassination attempts on herself, their is constant civil unrest in the empire, the Emperor enemy is out there waiting for any chance to kill him, their is close to war situation out there.

And yet we are shown her being completely dumb and oblivious from everything in her surrounding and running away to countries AGAINST the empire and if that was not bad enough, every character surrounding her turned dumb altogether - Aisis who first hand knows the danger, chancellor and sons who know the civil unrest situation and the fact that 6th prince is someone THEY STILL CANT TOUCH, Serira who knows the same and all of them know how Caitel would react to this and yet they all let it happen under veil of , she is young and needs to be free.

Maybe actually sort threats to Empire/Imperial Family before making her go different countries without proper guards?

And the Fem MC claims how she is mature and mentally 40+, Yet she is oblivious and dense for EVERYTHING around her, whether its her father love towards her, Aisis circumstances, Havel/Ahin doings etc.

Like she was shown smarter as Kid then an adult.

This whole segment destroyed what characterization it built and went to usual trope of dumb damsel in distress.

and before anyone says, it was her mental turmoil forcing her - yikes, She just closed her eyes on everything around her and only thought about herself. Did her dumb brain or anyone else realize what would happen if she were to actually die in one of the other countries? An endless war by caitel till every citizen of that country would be killed, 100s of thousands of people dead on both ends for whim of brat.
    And do they realized what if Caitel actually died? The dumb bubble and dream she lives in would shattered in a day, the blood she tells caitel to stop spilling would fill every inch of her body till she drowns in it and cursed to damnantion for all the suffering she would bring, She has zero redeeming qualities whether in politics or war. Every enemy nation would attack the empire wholeheartedly and it would cause slaughter of millions upon millions, destroy everything his father built, guaranteed endless war nightmares and death of Aisis oh who she so feels bad for but doesn't actually give a shit.

And worst of all? There was absolutely no tension shown when she was kidnapped/dad was getting killed. She was shown as it doesn’t concern her, for what was supposed to be emotional wreck scenes, it was handled terribly. And same for every other character, they are going like - oh who cares if emperor about to die, lets have this wide grin on our dumb faces 24/7.

Really disappointed, Will finish it but it lost its special place with last chaps.

7. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, one of my least favorite tropes is the one where the person being protected for their own good acts like a total idiot by running away because muh freedooooms!

And yes, it's also triggering me because it reminds me of the Covidiots who want to run around with no mask, social distancing, etc. for the same reason (i.e. stupidity and "I can't be stopped because muh freeedooooms!").

Herbie420, Tobbit, Ashlesa and 2 others like this.
  8. Emeraldmimi

Emeraldmimi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only been reading the comic for a bit and don't know the whole story, but already several times I have become irritated with the MC. She acts very selfish, petty and immature. I stopped reading at one point, but only resumed out of boredom. She's a child, but she's mentally an adult. It's great to want to enjoy your childhood and be a bit carefree, but tossing out any sort of rationality and acting like a legit self-centered spoiled brat is a bit ridiculous and very unattractive. What is cute about that?

And, whoever wanted Caitel to die...like WTF?! What do you think this novel is about? His daughter is trying to understand him, teach him about love, demonstrate that his past actions and circumstances stem from a broken mentality caused by everyone that SHOULD have cared about him, but chose to neglect/abuse instead. Does that make his past actions forgivable? Maybe not. Does that mean he cannot be redeemed? Nope. Thanks to him, his daughter can live in peace and enjoy a secure future now. Just a difference of opinion. Don't mind me too much.

9. Elihs

Elihs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Caitel is absolutely irredemable as a person without a doubt.

He killed his concubines and children for very shallow reasons. Yeah, those women approached him purely for self-interests but despite knowing this Caitel also willingly slept with them on his accord and when they get pregnant he kills them and the child. If he didn't want kids/heirs nor scheming concubines the horny bastard should've just kept it to himself and sent those women away then. He's a grown adult in a position of authority if he doesn't want to those women wouldn't be able to force him to do anything. Caitel ain't the victim he's the perpetrator.

You also seem to be forgetting the fact that the only reason Caitel didn't kill MC as an infant was because she managed to stay silent when he was about to snap her neck and that's purely because she was a reincarnated adult in a baby's body. If she wasn't you can bet Ariadne would just be another of Caitel's murdered children.

People act like Caitel is some poor misunderstood bloke but the truth he's a monster who did heinous acts without remorse. Sure he's nice to his daughter (whom he didn't murder by chance) now but that won't undo the past nor bring back those dead innocent children he killed. At this point they should make a tyrant dad webtoon featuring Hitler himself. Sure he killed millions of people in horrific ways but he might've had a sad childhood that made him the way he is and I'm sure he had at least one person he cared about so he isn't completely irredeemable!

Just face it, the reason why your simping for these tyrant asshole dads is similiar to why people like Edward/Christian Grey type characters - 'cause they're hot' and therefore no matter what they do they can still be forgiven nevermind everyone else. If non handsome characters (or heavens forbid a mom) do the things he did they would be called evil for sure.

Herbie420, shiiberos, NoirB and 6 others like this.
  10. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, not really.

I agree caitel is horrible person of sorts but for him its also justified to not want a family.
    When caitel starts a war/or is planning to start one, kingdoms to end it pmuch sell their daughters, or caitel just gets the daughters to not have another war.
    Dunno if you know about it, but in those periods, emperor if got a new mistress/wife, it was sorta a tradition for concubine to visit the emperor bed chambers for 3 nights following the marriage, since after that whether or not she will ever get to fuck is on whims of emperor.
    We even saw the length some of the girls went, having children with other people to claim its caitels.
    And ofc caitel could be horny, who isn't.

Caitel reasons are explained in last chap aswell, he is the epitome of hatred in whole world right now, with all of them just waiting for him to die to tear the empire into shreds, And what would be fate of his direct family? Death would be their least concern - They would be utterly used as tools to vent out the hatred of those fallen kingdoms which would be not just limited to rape, abuse, slavery and that something is bound to happen, because only reason caitel expanded so far is because of contract with demon, which his heirs had no guarantee of having - meaning they are bound to lose the empire in a war.
    So caitel feels like he better be the piece of shit in eyes of society and end it b4 they can feel it than have daughter/son age well and end up getting that future of utter despair.

Ofc caitel is a shit, but so is FL, heck every adultish character in this series is stained with blood. FL because of bad vibes as child and pretending to cry led to death of a concubine and others. Her leaving the palace, created multiple deaths when caitel had to raid multiple kingdoms and then kidnapping.

11. Elihs

Elihs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said, if he doesn't want children he could simply ignore the concubines like what he is doing after Ariadne came into the picture. The concunbines duties don't mean anything if the emperor refuses them which he eventually does because of his daughter and as far as I could tell there was never any negative reprecussions for doing so, heck didn't he even demolished the harem palace to be turned into a garden as a gift for Ariadne. So it's not like he didn't have a choice because he definitely does. As you said; concubines are under the emperor whims, and as the one with power over them he's the more responsible. He's free to be horny and not want a family but that doesn't justify him murdering them since he willingly went with it and created the problem in the first place. He accepted them not to start a war yet executes them all willy-nilly? What? Then why bother bringing them in the first place if they're not going to get the minimum respect of a political hostage - that is to keep them alive to maintain peace between nations?

Ariadne cried because the lady was squeezing her so hard that it actually caused her pain, she never wanted her to get executed that was something Caitel arbitarily decided on his own despite Pedrel's protest of it being a bad political move. And again, him raiding the kingdoms was something he decided on his own, MC didn't order him to do it. He could've gotten her back without all the unnecessary bloodshed but because he's an idiotic and bloodythirsty tyrant he went to the extreme because nothing is more heartwarming than your dad slaughtering people for your sake right? Don't blame MC for the actions of her father who is a grown-ass adult and the emperor (ie the one who actually has the power to make things happen).

Which brings up the next point: Caitel's an incompetent ruler. Sure the author and story is trying to paint otherwise but anyone with common sense can see all the plotholes and inconsistencies. No ruler in history who acts like Caitel and does shitty things like him would have gotten off scot free nor even have a prosperous empire to begin with but because this is a fictional story he's an invincible gary stu that no one can touch. He's only given a weakness when the author needed him to earn brownie points from the audience otherwise things are peachy.

12. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, adrianne felt bad vibes from her and started crying moment she touched her, in response to which she was squeezed harder since she was flailing around and then cried more.

And alright lets go with child MC was washed as milk, what about adult one? u know 37 years of mental age yet retarded in the head causing almost a war bw empire and multiple kingdoms, having the emperor almost killed and already has a war against empire started by her "boyfriend candidate" moment emperor hit the bed.

Caitel is bad, but lets not pretend MC is any better, she is equally crap.

chorong_ssi likes this.
  13. Elihs

Elihs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because that's the only way a small child could show her discomfort since she's not able to talk properly at her age. Doesn't mean she intentionally wanted her to get executed seeing as she even thought Caitel was going to far but just couldn't convey it due to her physical state and author hand waving most likely.

Airi Ai and Furiae19 like this.
  14. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    does not change the fact, SHE WAS 25 years of mental age, She knew WHAT kind of person her father was exactly and what would this lead to, and she cried so desperately like someone hurt her and all princess was really trying to do is have her in arms, she was even screaming that she isnt trying to hurt her but she kept on crying to point caitel looked at princess with murderous eyes. During that moment, the princess went numb in fear and MC was clenched thus hurting her torso.

and further she knew, SHE Couldnt be hurt because serira and maid was there and caitel would kill anyone if she was hurt, yet she threw a tantrum causing a death.

And this is not just caitel issues, if in that age anyone even dared to harm hair of royalty - it was death penalty to even nobles of the country much less these bargaining chips cum slaves of other defeated kingdoms.

Khloud2003 likes this.
  15. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    And at the time Adrianne hears of her sentencing to death, she doesn;'t feel pity or anything - the only thing on her mind is , dad is insane and whether I will survive under him one day uwu.

she is utterly remorseless for someone whose actions got someone innocent killed and she stays that way as adult, her actions continue to get people killed and she doesn't feel shit - cUz I diDnt dO iT, all she does is to stop caitel from killing people she gives a shit about or perdel asks like royal ministers or her castle staff.
    Other than that she didnt gave a crap on how many people die due to her behaviour.
    even actual 17 year olds would be smarter than her dumb 17+25 yrs mindset.

EPITHE11, Khloud2003 and Laciesche like this.
  16. Elihs

Elihs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I don't know what kind of reason you're trying to make here or the point of this conversation...

Unless you're trying to imply that MC is a manipulative vixen which she is not because we're literally seeing the story in her own pov and are privy to her personal thoughts.

Regardless of how MC acted towards her it was still Caitel's order that sent her to her death. It's not like he immediately had her dragged away he asked what was going on in which the lady answered that she was only trying to hold the princess. Sure MC made a fuss to get away but anyone with eyes can see she wasn't really harmed. Logically Caitel could have just simply exiled/locked her away but no, he wanted her executed despite being advised against by his own prime minister no less. He put her down when he had other options just because his daughter cried which is really telling how irresponsible and immature he is as a ruler. Sure he cares for Ariadne but as the emperor he personally should be mindful of his actions politically and not let emotions dictate his every move because his duty should come first before family (which is one of the main reasons people are using to excuse characters like him for being cold-blooded jerks) but nope he kills them after seeing MC's outburst and just because he can. So that's a fail on his part.

Frankly, this whole event is just the author's way of showing what a scary and doting tyrant of a dad Caitel is to MC because readers are into that kind of stuff, so there's no sense arguing about it as the story itself is full of plotholes.

Herbie420, Khloud2003 and Furiae19 like this.
  17. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    The fact is , Caitel isn't sitting alone in the camp of irredeemable human beings and author is shilling for him alone, Every character in this series has equal blood stained hands. Adiranna is equal cough shit human cough like caitel, forget the child part even, Her adult actions costs so many people their lives, started a war with one of the two major kingdoms which will lead further countless deaths due to a fuckin whim of - I wanna be loved, boohoo.
    Pedrel is a traitor to empire and further incited adrianna in doing all that when he could stop her very well or could tell caitel and prevent all the crap.
    Asisi is just a emotionless killing doll at this point in story and adrianna despite her "love" and wanting peace for him, keeps making situations where he has to combat over and over and kill people again and again worsening his trauma.

TLDR - Caitel is a piece of shit, Adiranane is also a piece of shit deserving him.

18. _EyeCandy_

_EyeCandy_ Secretly Into Sadists ヽ(*>∇<)ノ

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay I have a QUESTION
    Did the Emperor love another woman?
    And also, does she start calling her Nanny "Mother" or "Mama" or something? Because it makes me uncomfortable ahahah.

Honestly I didn't want any more women entering that horny emperor's life (n) I just want him to take care of his daughter and stuff

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  19. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For those ranting I could easily go on a rant of how tired I am seeing people defend Perdel for his 'amazing patriotism' for 'caring about the empire' he cares as much for the empire as Caitel does - they Both 'care' but they care for reasons that happen to be specific Caitel has his brother he wants to kill and thus prevent him from gaining the throne etc. Perdel has Sivilia the person whom he love more than anything and she wants a nice county so thats what he has tried to do. Lying scheme cheating and bloodying his hands as much as anyone else. He only cared enough to give up his plot and its details when it was no longer a 'jest' from the Emperor but a very literal direct threat to kill Silvia by name* that he gives up all his information.. very readily. I wonder if it wasnt for Ria existing if Perdel would have survived I assume not but he will enjoy his Exile and his wife will go with him and Val will never trust his father again (wise call)

But ranting aside it is a story; that is meant to be a drama and it is lol. xD

Forgive me I really dont recall how far back but she referred to Serira as a mother/mom when she was a child. That is not a new thing for her to do. somewhere Manhwa wise in the 20-40s I think (could be wrong its been a long time) And no.. He hasn't slept with a 'female' since Ria was a baby. (since she [Ria] slept in his bed as a little child no one else has graced it)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    Yume-sama, smeilia and _EyeCandy_ like this.
  20. Charotnixa

Charotnixa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the manhwa almost done??