Spoiler Suddenly Became A Princess One Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Deleted member 300842

Deleted member 300842 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh ok thank you for letting me know i am so excited to read it:blobowoevil::blobpopcorn:

2. Deleted member 300842

Reading List:
    Link
    So would chapter 86 be translated by tomorrow ? well i hope so:blobthinkingsmirk:

3. lesourire0412

lesourire0412 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    guys im new here but i wonder what is the original novel ending? i read that you guys said manhwa and novel is different. but what was the novel ending was like? i would like to know, thankss

4. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure it's been spoiled already, but I think there's a dimension hoping arc and our OTP has some spawn.

Quimquim_20 likes this.
  5. Quimquim_20

Quimquim_20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading the comments regarding Jeannette (and Athy) then catching up with the latest manhwa chapters from my POV they are just indirectly fighting for the right to affection they should have been given since birth.

The story very clearly held Claude accountable for his messed up actions (and Diana to a lesser extent for thinking Claude would be a responsible single father when he is clearly unstable due to a toxic family not to mention she was his only pillar, but I suppose that's petty on my end without further analysis) which Jumpstarted 80% of the issues present but never went any further addressing that after awhile.

Yet on the other hand they have more details on Jeanette flaws and behavior and how it affects and harms everyone, and likely she will be getting her fair dose of reality eventually and possibly punishment. She already got dragged by Ezekiel for being entitled to be his bride.

Imo Claude really needs that redemption arc, both his daughter and had niece have been putting the work in to impress him in both timelines and he still hasn't gotten any wake up moment in the wake of this.

It's even worse because whether they live or die depends on how amused he is by them, and whether he lives or dies can make things worse for our favorite characters and MC.

Claude's love isn't unconditional

I'm aware people don't like Jenny due to her extreme naivete making situations worse and that's ok, I just find it a tad bit sexist on why male characters in stories like these can get away with harm (especially if attractive) but the female characters are getting full accountability if they aren't the protagonist.

But maybe I'm being over-critical in my opinion.

M30WWWW, ValReads, gollyjanet and 7 others like this.
  6. Deleted member 300842

Reading List:
    Link

Well i do think its Claude fault but at the same time not 100% what i mean is he probably didn't want to show unconditional love to Athy because he lost Diana because of her giving birth to Athy and perhaps he adored Diana and she was the only one that really understood him or cared about him remember he wasn't treated well by his parents either so her probably didn't know how to treat a child from the start well who knows. But we should be honest there were times were he was worried about Athy and showed love even though he might not have wanted to but that's his personality he was treated like that and seriously that these types of people exists in our world as well TRUST ME they don't even know what unconditional love is lol.
    Secondly why would he show unconditional love towards jennet she's not even his real daughter Anastcius (cant spell his name) should be the one to show love towards her since he is her real father and Claude is not responsible to show love to every single character that is unnecessary.
    Also considering that he used black magic to lose his memory or emotions can't really remember ,how is he suppose to show love????
    Jennet is there to relieve his pain well she is the cause of it i do pity but i don't like her nor hate her but she is too naive seriously (i think i have used that word a lot) but sometimes she makes me feel like she wants to take Athys place and she knows that she will be trouble for Athy i think anastatcius once said it to her and she violently denied it i think plz don't judge my memory its worse than Claudes.
    Note this is my opinion and i dont mean any offence and plz be nice i am new here :aww::blobangel::blobuwu:

7. fireflying

fireflying Lost Boy

Reading List:
    Link
    i agree. Jennette may not be perfect, but she's like what... fourteen? she's sheltered and been manipulated all her life but yet people hate her for it. I think everyone forgot that Athy has literally reincarnated (!!!). She even admits was Athy as naive as Jennette in her past life (of the Lovely Princess).

I really feel like there's some misogyny against Jennette. Why does Claude (the staple neglectful hot daddy) not get the same treatment? Like people bash her for being naïve and innocent, but no one said a peep when Claude drove Athy out of the palace and hunted her down. I'm not even going to talk about Jennette and Claude's complicated relationship for now, but considering that Claude is Athy's biological father, she shouldn't have needed to act all cutesy and innocuous to make Claude favor her. Maybe he's treating her well in this life after her sucking up to him and spoiling her now, but now Jennette is the one vying for Claude's love... the one she'll never get. Personally I believe child shouldn't need to earn their father's love.

It's like a race- whoever gets through to Claude's hard kokoro first wins.

I really want to blame someone in this situation, but taking into consideration everyone's backstories it just leads you to wonder if there wasn't such a power struggle with royals... maybe they could have been a normal family. Claude's obviously at fault for his negligence, but his childhood wasn't ideal either so it really just makes you think.

I'm not even sure I'll accept Claude's redemption arc i just want them all to have a family therapy session with Anastacius included.

okay but why am I feeling such ominous dread? I feel like if Athy and Jennette's places are switched... then Jennette will be accused of doing something that she ignorantly did (or trusted someone naïvely -cough Anastacius cough- ), and then it'll be off to the guillotine. Like Athy's original ending.

aHHHh i don't want to think about that :blobsob:

Seriously though I could write a goddamn essay about the similarities between The Lovely Princess & Who Made Me A Princess, they're so freakishly similar.

:sushi_tea: why do i end up writing such long things omg i'm sorry

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  8. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    I just don understand why he has to take responsibility for Jeanette. She isn’t his daughter. She’s his niece. And even with the biological relationship, that area is already strained considering what Penelope and Anastacious did to him. I feel like many readers just ignore it in favor of Jeannette. Yeah, she wants a family but the family does not always mean you get your way. In real life, it’s always full of compromises. And being asked into a family is a big ask, especially if there are no established relationships between two parties. .[/QUOTE]

I dunno. What did Claude exactly got away from?

First Claude’ isn’t her father. He’s her uncle. He is his uncle with a bad relationship with her biological father. She is the daughter of the woman who had been unfaithful to him. Second, do they really have a relationship? As in a genuine one like the one cultivated between Athy and Claude? I doubt anyone use their biological tie but the bad blood between Jeanette's parents and Claude does not seem like a good start to a relationship. In the webtoon, Claude didn’t try to establish a relationship with her and Jeanette is just there hoping something will happen. We all have Season1 of Athy trying to escape but when that failed, she opted to trying to living with his good graces. Is it just I or everyone forgot about that scene in the debutant ball?

Dont give the 'The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb' bs excuse.

Serious questions:
    1. Could somebody just tell why does Claude needs to have to be somebody in Jeannette’s life? Jeanette can live without Claude and vice versa.
    2. Why does in Jeanette’s case it has to be an automatic family pass? We all saw how Athy worked (albeit planned) to live with Claude. It worked because they had time to know each other. In Jeannette’s case, she can't even say that she wanted them as family. She’s not providing that opening. So why does she get a pass?

I’m all for hating a character but please get the context right.

Again, we all know what happened why Athy has to act that way.
    Was it fair, no. But there is context on why it happened.

She can go to Anastacious for that so sought fatherly affection. But even that might no go as well. Considering that Anastacious is also not being honest with her.
    Why does it have to be Claude’s again? By your book, he’s not the best father figure around and he still has to be that guy or play that role when he doesn’t have to. With good biological and non-biological reasons. Reminds me of paternity fraud, to be honest.

Nobody has to.

There’s a fanfic already written with that scenario.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  9. TheOakTree

TheOakTree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jeanette doesn't need to have Claude in her life. She's been told her whole life that Claude is her father and Athy is her sister. She probably grew up learning about happy families and wanted one for her own.

She doesn't realise that Claude is her uncle. While she could go to Anastacius, she want love from her family and to be a part of that family. While she could get familial love from Anastacius, in her mind it probably wouldn't be the same as getting love from Claude and Athy. Honestly, I don't like Claude. I don't think that Jeanette should have him as a father (father figure) because he's a piece of shit. I don't think Athy should either but eh. Nothing I can do about it. I understand that Claude also has no obligation to take Jeanette in as a daughter as well.

10. fireflying

fireflying Lost Boy

Reading List:
    Link
    @ATrueStory, I think you've completely missed the point of what I was talking about. You keep on talking about Claude and how he doesn't need to be necessarily part of Jennette's life (since he's her uncle and all), and that may be true. He has no obligation to take care of Jennette. but it's like how you don't need love to survive, you crave and want it. And we've already seen very clearly how she's craved love and familial affection for so long. I'm pointing out how Claude is just as flawed as Jennette- and how the naïve fourteen year old girl doesn't deserve nearly as much hate as she's given.

Have you forgotten the fact Anastacius is basically a friend whom she trusts in Whitey's home to her? How tf would she know Anastacius is her father? and "Why does it have to be Claude’s again?"

THIS. ATHY. JENNETTE, YOU BOTH HEAR THIS? Why does it have to be Claude????????????????????? :blobwoah:

As much as I've wished for them to abandon Claude and live a happy life as a family, both recipients to the love they deserve, the girls are still sheltered and Claude is basically their world ("the girls" referring to TLP Athy and current Jennette) and current Athy first needed Claude to mooch off of so she doesn't die but now has apparently gotten attached

Totally understand that Athy has to survive by smooching up to daddy Claude, but if she didn't (like in TLP) she would have ended in death as shown by TLP.

Hm, did i? I haven't went back and reread the chapters in a bit, but I remember amnesia Claude making it so the soldiers were hunting her down after she escaped and she had to hide in the Alpheus residence.

That's nice, but I was referring to the main story if that wasn't clear.

11. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, she doesn’t. But you didn’t address my 2nd point. Wanting a family is one thing. Creating one is another. Expecting others to be your family without doing nothing is ignorance and entitled.
    We all know she doesn’t know. But, as I said in my post, she doesn’t do anything. She is questioning but she directs it to Anastacious who she trusts. I don’t know she can’t do the same to Claude. She just needs to talk and she will know what she looking for. It reminds of a real-life saying that if you don’t do anything, you are also responsible for it. And if you are responsible, then accept the mistake and responsibility. When it comes to Jeantte, responsibility and development is often an afterthought. I wish it was not the case for her but three seasons and she’s still like that.

Maybe I did. But I think I am right in assuming more people will excuse Jeanette compared to Claude. Saying anything remotely negative about Jeanette in earlier threads and you’re deemed a hater.
    I don’t. I don’t understand why she doesn’t establish the same ‘trust’ with Claude. If she sees her as her father, why cant she tell her stories? Her childhood? Why not establish that relationship instead of waiting to be acknowledged? It’s not like Alpheus can punish her if she tells Claude. Or she can’t recognize that Claude can protect from Alpheus?
    I’m glad that’s your take but I see it a little differently.

Then you should also know why she was’ hunted’, right?

Let me know when you convinced Spoon of that scenario.

BlueBubble__ and MiserableSOUL like this.
  12. fireflying

fireflying Lost Boy

Reading List:
    Link
    You are right, I will excuse Jennette more compared to Claude, not sure about the rest of the general public. In my eyes Claude is literally a grown man-child who can't get over feelings, Jennette is innocent fourteen girl old who can't get over feelings. so yes i'd excuse her "wrongdoings" more

and also, hater? i apologize if you took offense to my "naïve fourteen year old girl doesn't deserve nearly as much hate as she's given." sentence, because it wasn't directed at you. I didn't even read previous threads, if that lets your heart rest at ease. It was mostly directed at commenters (not on NU, another website) i've seen just slandering Jennette for everything she does. people on here are much more civil, and i can participate in real conversations.

I mean, i'm not Jennette so I don't know the exact answer to your question, but as we already saw in these latest chapters Jennette's basically been ignored by Claude and needs Athy to snap him back to answer her. if I were in her place, I wouldn't be pouring my life story onto him, especially considering he wouldn't be listening. "trust" needs to be mutual. It's obvious that Jennette, as infatuated with her family as she is, would wholeheartedly trust Claude. But Claude? .... look, as dense as she may be, she's not immune to emotions. Her father figure (because remember, she thinks Claude is her dad) is basically blatantly using her as a stress reliever and zoning out with her.

Also, "protect from Alpheus?" I mean i know Mr. White is using her and hungry for power, and Ijikiel is totally in love with Athy and not her, but why would she need to be protected from the Alpheus family/residence?

She's very obviously tried to cross the barriers between Claude's icy walls, and penetrate inside Athy and Claude's perfect relationship, but it just comes to no avail. She's really so pitiful it's hurting my heart to write this dfhdsgd

Is this not a place for discussing the novel? I'd assume theories would be included, especially since Spoon has deviated from the novel.

13. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Chonky_cloud

Chonky_cloud Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow, the discussions about Jennete is more interesting than discussions about Athanasia here...

What I realized was that once you decide to hate a character, everything they do just seems wrong. Even when they're the victim you will still blame them for not trying hard enough. Sad.

Claude doesn't need Jennete in his life... anymore... because Lucas was there to replace her role as a painkiller...

15. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly at this point all I'm hoping is that since spoons changing the story she kills of claude. Seriously. He can get repemtion for all the things he did by taking a bullet for athy. Because at this point I dont belive he loves her at all. He gets forgiven way too easily cause ahty is starving for his affection cause of her past

Having him die would he a bold move and set the story apart from all the other genric abusive daughter-dad stoires

And its not like he has a personality or anyhting all he does is mope around and sometimes get angry. His death would push athy forward. Shed become more independent and realize she dosent need the approval of an abusive hoe to be successful. Then she could reign as a queen and marry lucas or whatever. Cause one of the aspulls of the og novel eas having claude live for hundreds of years along with anthy and the rest while she became queen.

It would have been way more impactful of she jad taken the throne after he died and become a way better ruler/person. Thus proving to the world that even with a shit childhood you dont become a selfish psychotic mania

You know what fuck these reason i just hate him and I want him to die. If he did and no matter what stupid reason was given I'd accept it with open arms

Then again. If spoon did kill him all the cluade simps with daddy issues would probably burn down her house. So for her safety....

Also spoon. She should get an award for making this story popular. It succeeds only cause of her beautiful art. It wouldn't be where it was without her

16. Deleted member 300842

Reading List:
    Link
    Leave claude alone he is still sick (crying) when he wakes up you can talk about it him
    DON'T WISH DEATH ON DADDY CLAUDE HE IS STILL SICK LAYING ON BED YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT HIM TALK ABOUT HIM WHEN HE WAKES UP

17. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Daddy claude is about to go the way of Daddy han solo

18. nehamerchant123

nehamerchant123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen so many people argue that Claude has no need to love Jennette because she's not his daughter but like??? Do people not love other family members who aren't their immediate family? Like people love others all the time who aren't even family members let alone ones who are distantly related. You can love your niece and not be a jerk who puts blame on her for the actions of the parents she never met.

Heck, if anything Claude should at least feel a connection to Jennette because they lived similar childhoods where they just wanted love and a happy family. It's hardly reasonable to say that Claude has no reason to love Jennette because actually you don't need a reason to love someone. Let's all just be honest and admit Claude has major issues and he refuses to deal with them. He's a terrible father and not much better as a person, his only redeeming qualities are a pretty face and that he is apparently a good king (though I wish we would see more of that because it's hard to believe when we have seen him do very little other than threaten and scare people).

I won't go as far to say that I want him dead but I certainly want him to do better by Athy at least and maybe try to hear Jennette out at some point because it is clear he knows who she is and really it would just be the kind thing to do. And that's what this comes down to, I want to just know that Claude is capable of human emotion and kindness without someone having to literally work for years to accomodate and amuse him. And no, I don't think Diana dying is enough of an excuse for his behaviour, at least not 15 years after her death. Not when Claude still is only capable of learning a single person into his life and absolutely no one else. He isn't even kind to Felix and that guy has been with Claude his whole life.

In comparison, Anastacius is more kind and caring and like that's messed up lol. He genuinely does care for Jennette without her needing to pull out the circus act Athy had to use on Claude and while he could at any minute just use black magic and twist to do his deeds he has refused that option. That's not to say that Anastacius is better than Claude because I know someone will try to pull that on me lol. He's plenty dastardly but he still found it possible to care for his daughter without her jumping through hoops.

The frustrating thing is just that Spoon keeps dragging this out, instead of giving us any sort of catharsis and letting Athy just have a moment where she can be around Claude without having to act we get stuck in a memory lose arc that lacks complete logic. Instead of Claude learning to work through his trust issues and open up we just have him regress and then occasionally show signs that he still cares for Athy but it's still the fake version of Athy anyways so it feels hollow. And yeah, we aren't getting any closure for Jennette and her struggles any time soon either because the only person that cares to listen to her at all is actually just trying to use her.

But in any case, I hope that things finally start moving forward with the plot now that Anastacius is putting his plans into action. He might be evil but he's the only interesting character since no one else is doing anything lol.

19. saintine

saintine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry to disrupt the discourse on Jennette. But I'm curious what would happen to Duke Alpheus? Seeing as he's being controlled by Anastasius, I wonder how he'll get out of that? Or is this one of the things Spoon changed in WMMAP? Thank you!

20. nehamerchant123

nehamerchant123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks like pretty much everything after season 1 is different from the novel so I guess only Spoon knows the answer to that lol. Honestly I have a bad feeling that things won't turn out well for him because back in season 2 Anastacius mentioned that black magic could break someone's mind I hope I'm wrong tbh but it is worrying.

Quimquim_20 likes this.