Request Leaving the comfort zone

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Joospinch, Dec 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joospinch

Joospinch Don't click my avatar!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Recommend me a story where MC leaves their comfort zone. Too many novels nowadays with op mcs and i dont dislike that however when they dont leav their comfort bubble because they are 'op' there is little to no character development.

A story i find that showcases this well is in scribblehub called my pickup artist system.

I dont have a specific genre just that it fits the criteria above and explain how

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  2. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    Then just read beserk.manga,it is the epitome of grim dark suffer or get into Warhammer franchise.

Slayerwolfx2 and Joospinch like this.
  3. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    There is also Re:zero,u have probably seen the memes already.

Joospinch likes this.
  4. Yhuandi

Yhuandi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone else is a returnee - MC is loner, always avoid contact and hiding his identity, but he later in the story he no longer do that, i'm just halfway through the novel so i'm not sure what happen afterwards

Seirei Gensouki (LN) - i'm not sure about this one as MC always avoid romance whenever he sensed one, but i think throughout the story he leave his comfort zone, he killed if necessary even if other part of him against it, he would reveal his strength when he needed to.

I want to eat your pancreas - MC was forced to leave his comfort zone

I think there are another novel within my reading list but i already forgot about them, i will browse them later

Also sorry if my recommendation was not fitting what you call as leaving comfort zone if you read anything above

Joospinch likes this.
  5. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe Mob Psycho 100?
    He actively tries to change himself

Joospinch likes this.
  6. Yhuandi

Yhuandi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah i forgot about Pure Love x Insult Complex , how to explain this one, errr well just read it :v

Joospinch and pass1478 like this.
  7. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Pure love x insult complex. MC has a loser mentality, but with the help of the women around him, he grows out of it.

When Hikaru was on earth. The protagonist has a strong dislike for women due to his upbringing, but in order to let his ghost friend pass on with a smile, he goes out of his comfort zone to fulfil the promises his ghost friend made to a multitude of women.

Welcome to the NHK. A neet slowly picks himself up back together with the help of a strange girl who seems to see through him. I heavily recommend this one.

Bottom tier Onozaki-kun. A "loser" in life is trained to properly socialize by a "winner" in life.

Three days of happiness. Years of unmet expectations and unmet potential has made our protagonist lose his sense of worth, slowly losing meaning in life, but with a deal with the "devil," he climbs his way out of the rut. This is good shit.

Altina the sword princess. A book-loving pacifist learns of the cruel nature of war, but still marches on in order for him to assist his liege.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  8. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't expect too much, there's probably only a handful of novels here with real character development.

I Reincarnated as a Noble Girl Villainess But Why Did It Turn Out This Way? (WN)
    - I really enjoyed this one. Moderate amount of character development. Not OP
    Possessing Nothing
    - I only read like 10 chapters, i think, but i remember that there was real character development in this.
    Katahane no Riku
    - No spoiler, though it doesn't have much development, the characters are very much fleshed out. Some of the side characters aren't, but find me one webnovel that has fleshed out side characters
    Pivot of the Sky
    - Okay, this was years ago, but it's been a story thats stuck with me. I don't remember if it was because i was somewhat new to the scene and just stumbled onto this gem. But i remember, and i could be wrong, that it had some character development. The mystery aspect, and the general worldbuilding is really great.

Tip: In general stay away from reincarnation or isekai type stories if you want character development. They rarely happen, and the characters are always one dimensional.

Joospinch likes this.
  9. Apia

Apia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My recommendation is breaktrough with the forbidden master

Joospinch likes this.
  10. whitespade

whitespade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Death Sutra - MC is not leaving his comfort zone, he's basically kidnapped and enslaved into it. No its not enslave to some big tt loli but to an assasin sect that killed his entire family. Author grind the MC throughout the novel, MC always need to be cautious for every breath he take. Best novel for anyone hating OP MC.

Joospinch likes this.
  11. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    No Hero
    Unique Legend
    Fu Xing Ding Lai

Also, this should probably be in Looking For forum instead of here.

12. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Way of Choices ( Ze Tian Zi)

whitespade and Joospinch like this.
  13. Joospinch

Joospinch Don't click my avatar!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Round of applause to you all, i see a lot of interesting stories being recommended to me (some i have read some i haven't) thus i want to thank you all and i wont promise to read them all but they are in my radar for now and we will see if fate decrees it i shall read it. who am i kidding i will probably read it if it isnt horrible.

P.S ik this is in the wrong place and i guess i was befuddled when i rationalized that me asking for a recommendation was a request so sorry

14. Nodeo Franvier

Nodeo Franvier Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? and it sequel.
    Quite a lot of character development.

And also this.
    Reincarnated as a Dragon’s Egg ~Lets Aim to Be the Strongest~

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.