Discussion The first computer you ever owned

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jsansor, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Jsansor

Jsansor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys, I am wondering what was the first personal computer that you have ever owned? and how do you feel about the computer now?

My first computer was a Dell Inspiron 15 3521 laptop. This laptop came into my possession because my dad won it as a prize and did not use it because he didn't need it. This laptop was a great computer for me, even after the suffering it had endured over the years. Now I am upgrading the computer as the HDD and RAM are both not working anymore.

Ceilo27 and Nao Otosaka like this.
  2. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I was 11. It was my dad’s old desktop. It couldn’t connect to the internet. It had very little processing power. Basically the only thing it could do was data entry. I made a project of trying to put in all the books I’d read. At the time, I was really happy to have it. Now, I can’t believe how satisfied I was with it for the three years I had it.

Edit: well, it was able to run that typing program, so maybe it could run my father’s old games? I don’t remember. I think it did. I do miss those games, though.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  3. SwordDrake

SwordDrake Slice of Life Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember mine was a Compaq laptop back in 2003( I think). My mother won it in a company lottery. Had many good memories of playing maple story, legends of Aranna and beyond good & evil. I started watching anime on that laptop too, when Naruto episodes started appearing on MySpace.

Good times.

c.decora likes this.
  4. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    HP, forget what number or series

5. hansora

hansora Someone Who Seeks Fluff & Heartwarming Stories

Reading List:
    Link
    Acer Aspire One Happy, bought it during my 17th birthday with the money I got for publishing my first book :blobtaco: even though it's small but it functioned very well- writing, downloading anime, reading manga and webnovels. It broke after six years

6. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    In 2002, I played pong with my cousin on an IBM Thinkpad X20?
    By played, I mean my cousin was thrashing me.

imK likes this.
  7. Jsansor

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I hear that the Acer computers don't last a very long time. My mom had on such computer for bill, but broke within the year

8. judeiiro

judeiiro radish

Reading List:
    Link
    An adorable green Apple iBook G3 "Clamshell" according to google lol. My dad bought it at a secondhand store in 2007 or something. I didn't do much except play some web games on it since I didn't know how to draw digitally yet lol

I still like the look of it a lot even if it was heavy af. Probably the cutest laptop I'll ever own! Don't think I have it hoarded in my storage anymore though :c

9. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About year 2000/01 AMD 800mhz processor a nivida graficcard win 98 on it ...

10. Jsansor

Reading List:
    Link
    I can relate to that, my brother was better a games than me

imK and Beren like this.
  11. Jsansor

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yes, I believe my family owned a computer with the Win 98, but I don't remember what we did to it. I know we had it in the middle 2000s but after we got a house, I forgot

12. Jsansor

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember that it had still had a slot for floppy discs and a dvd drive

djsosonut likes this.
  13. zexis

zexis New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    first one was a dell inspiron.i still have it. used to play all the microsoft store games on it (at that time i didnt know much about pc gaming and thought that the ones on the Microsoft store were the only games. used to play asphalt, new orleans, etc. then i upgraded to an actual computer.

14. Jsansor

Reading List:
    Link
    I still have mine and I do own a desktop, but i don't play with the desktop as much because I currently need to have a cam on the computer to been on zoom for my college classes.

15. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t remember where the parts were from but it was a patchwork desktop that I had throughout my years in high school. If you’re talking about laptops then I got a toshiba (don’t remember the exact model) in uni that stayed with me for the better part of a decade, even when the screen broke for the nth time I just hooked it up to a tv through an hdmi cable and used it like that for a couple of years lol. Right now I’m rocking a HP surface, it’s pretty compact and nice to use (for once HP actually made a good battery for their laptop)

16. Nao Otosaka

Nao Otosaka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the oldest computer in my family which "I" owned would probably be my grandpa's computer. Well, it was more like a "communal" computer for all of us. My grandpa bought it to aid my brother(oldest cousin on my mom's side) for his studies. Several years along the line, I too received a laptop from my grandpa which is my "first" and "only" pc that I'm currently using. Btw it's a Dell Inspiron 15 3521 brand. So, apart from my older cousin who used it for studies and me who played games back in the day, it was probably (my memories are pretty blur) used to connect to my uncle and aunt from my mother's side(they were settled in another state).

17. Jsansor

Reading List:
    Link
    My sister had a Toshiba laptop, it stopped work completely, I did not know why do.

18. Jsansor

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, the Dell Inspiron is a great laptop to use. Mine lasted me the better part of a decade, only stopped working because of the it was no longer able to read the HDD, and the RAM stopped working soon after. Because mine was an older model I am able to replace the part that went bad.

Nao Otosaka likes this.
  19. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IBM something.
    Hard drive? What is that?
    I only have 2 floppy disk drives.
    Those bigass floppy drives, the small ones were not invented yet...
    I think it was this one:

[​IMG]
    YEAH I'm that old

Playing frog was like playing crisis in my days.

Wanna see my game console?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    mir, reagents 11, Michi and 1 other person like this.
  20. lavendidi

lavendidi First of Her Name, Lover of Cliches

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess you could still consider it as 'my' laptop/computer even though it was secondhand, but it's a very old Acer which I still actually use right now (the type which is very big and heavy). It's slow but still functioning so I guess I'd be rattled if it would break sooner or later.