Could CP 2077 be sabotaged?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by DunnoGoodUsername, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Shtirliz

Shtirliz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There no sabotage, just bad managment. They should never go for XBox One and PS4 in first place because of big difference in power between nextgen and basic lastgen. As a software developer myself I would say that what they did is insane.

eray.gns likes this.
  2. vancenick

vancenick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s actually pretty common for companies to want their products to fail EA makes their games to last about 6 to 9 months then they start hyping the next one and even in the household appliance industry a lot of companies design intentional faults into them so they don’t last that much long past warranty coverage

3. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm playing for the story. it's interesting.

4. Hokuto_Seikun

Hokuto_Seikun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They announced the game before the ps4 and xbox one even launched, the game was just so mismanaged it took an entire console generation to make and they still released a sub-par product. Even without the bugs and performance issues the game isn't that great.

5. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Cdpr wasn't lies and deception of what was actually in the game. Like no man's sky.

This was more like fallout 76

6. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1 point : honest communitcation

normally that would be a no brainer for them

but this time ? they screwed everyone over
    and its a 100% homemade problem
    development was so long silent what made them think they could do it until april? hard to imagine what the state of the game would have been back then ...
    subsequent delays werent so bad as the way they were done look at the ppl that got their vacation full of anticipation - "we delay it again"
    and even the way they did it got them back now
    PC version is done we just polish the current gen. consoles ?
    bugfest PC Version done ? polish the consoles to run at 15 fps ?
    yet here they stand and told us "the game run supprisingly well"
    to not allow tests for current gen before release but them on EA/Ubisoft/activision/take2 levels manipulating the review process as far as possible

if you arent ready dont say anything at all
    CP is a massive game so what about to get a launch right instead of screwing up every 5 of em
    its rather normal for games to be PC or console first- get one done fully polished and move on to the next worked for TW3 too right ?
    might be their role they played so far but it would have me expect honnesty over profit. "current gen version runs so poorly it just doesnt have the power to run our game", "we need more time for optimizations it wouldnt be a fun to play it right now"
    without stressing the goodwill of their fans/customers before and stop fanning the hype it should have went well

ultimately they cashed in all goodwill they had before, last minute delay last time and promise of no further delay forced the release to this date

than again most puplishers going for a single release date are just doing 3 versions what made them believe they could handle 5 ?

or it was: doing a coporate world for so long, it tainted their management :cautious:

7. Shtirliz

Reading List:
    Link
    Time of announce have nothing to do with game. Only active development time is matter. And active development started only after witcher 3 dlc were maded. Game has a great main story and some interesting sides. Yes its world is nowhere near GTA5 realism, but it had never said that its a competitor for GTA5. The game is good and I would play in it at winter holidays where most bugs would be fixed. :)

8. Shtirliz

Reading List:
    Link
    The main reason for Fallout 76 fail were not its bugs(it was a bugthesda game for gods sake), but that there were nothing to do, no interesting story or activities. I don't understand how people could compare Cyberpunk to F76, do they not know what they are talking about?

9. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    okay one thing. 3 posts about the same game in a day. same things different package

this game is an overhyped 8 YEARS in the making.. thing. that's all
    they started with xbox one and ps4 in mind and then just went overboard when microsoft and pc offered the cash.
    management failed as every management in a rising star studio does. cdpr is no different if you paid any attention to the shitstorm that happens inside. and then the stakeholders also grow tired of the management BS who can't lead the game in a proper direction and waste the money, making stakeholders/investors likely to lose money. which they're not a fan of.

CDPR was not sabotaged, was not set up, was not unjustly review bombed. it deserves any criticism it gets (no death treats though and that over excessive bs). They hid information about the scale of the game (next gen is okay, but optimization for last gen and weaker yet currently most used gear matters even more.
    when you can't play with a gtx1080 decently.
    or ps4 and xbox like advertised at the start (without additional information of it being almost butchered). you can get the shaft.

as I said. everyone overhyped the company, and the company paid you back in return. with over the top promises, not to just you but the investors as well.
    CP2077 was overhyped since the beginning. i knew something like this was gonna happen since people started claiming it's gonna be the next witcher3. LOL.

10. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In any regard, yes.

11. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty confrontational.
    Do you know what your taking about.... lol.

Yes f76 was not a good game period imo. But it's backlash came from it being absolutely not ready for release. Sure there were lies like 16x the detail and shit but the bulk of hate came from its poor state at release technically speaking.
    That is far more comparable to cdpr than no man's sky was at release. No man's sky was hated because everything promised to be in the game.... wasn't.

So thats why cdpr is more like the release of f76 than anything else in my recent memory.

I am not the only one to make this blatantly obvious comparison so don't be dismissive when it is actually a common comparison being made right now.

12. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Playing PC one with ultra on 1060 mobile and not even 1.04 patched yet, 10 hours gameplay.. 0 crash, 0 bug
    solid 30 fps around the clock (shrug running ultra with gcard of low setting supporter)

And main story is so gripping, you dont even feel like making yourself do side quests.
    Combat is hella versatile, Much easier to handle even Higher level threats if you go around carefully and use distance stealth to win, takes time but has its own kind of fun

13. Nargol

Nargol Evangelist. Candy-san. Pope of the Cult of Pyoo

Reading List:
    Link
    comparing games and appliances in that way is a false equivalence.

it works with appliances because they're replacable, and will often be replaced with a product from the same company.

games need to be addictive and have purchase value far into the future in order to have their sales avoid falling off. An established IP can do this simply by putting the name on the cover, but new IPs cant.

If this was a wow expansion or a call of duty, I wouldnt doubt much that they dont give much of a shit since people will buy it anyway, but cyberpunk is a new IP.

Moreover, making a game good is actually far better than anything else, because there are very few running costs associated with games. Almost none, in fact. Once they're made and major bugs patched, its good to go, and can remain for sale forever.

14. Shtirliz

Reading List:
    Link
    I will repeat it again, F76 failed not because of bugs, but because of it nonexisting gameplay, nonexisting story and dead world. You may forgot or just to young to remember but it was not the most bugget game in Bethesda. There was Buggerfall(and believe me it was 100% deserved title), there was Oblivion, which 90% if people at start couldn't even finish because of bugs. And there was Skyrim which at start were also bugget as hell. So no one sane was expected game without a hell amount of bugs. But everyone wanted good story and gameplay like it was in previous games. And what Bethesda did? They removed NPC and made it lifeless multiplayer world without story or good activities. And as nothing was there then people could only focus at jokes about bugs. Do you understand this or not? Bethesda games were always about good gameplay, good story, interesting NPC, mindblowing quests and many, many bugs. When they removed gameplay, story, NPC and quests, then what remained? Bugs. F76 is game about bugs not because it has bugs, but because it lacks everything else.

And then there is cyberpunk. Yeah, the game has many bugs, but they could be fixed. Terrible AI also could be fixed. The most vital things which are hard to fix - good story, gameplay, NPC and quests - are already there. The game curretly not excellent as it was paraded in PR company, but its nowhere near as bad as F76 or NMS at start.

And people which seriously compare Cyberpunk with F76 or NMS just publicly show that they don't know what they are talking about.

15. Viola

Reading List:
    Link

You can keep repeating it until your blue in the face but I disagree with the main reason for F76's failure.

As for F76 failing. It was alot of shit. The stuff you brought up was all a part of it. I never said it wasn't. I just think the bulk of the reason was its technical clusterfuck followed by all the lies only barely above game content.

As for your talking down and attempted dismissal by saying the only way I wouldn't know these things and agree with you is because I've forgot or am too young... no, I've been around for them all nice try. Newsflash people disagree and hold up different aspects of games in different levels of importance.
    When it comes to Bethesda you seemingly have a soft spot for technical issues... but hey. I've my soft spots for some games too so I won't bash that but you need to recognize not everyone uses the same scale for determining where F76 sat on a good to bad rating. We evidently don't share the same approach in our determinations of quality. For F76 atleast since that's really what you've latched onto in this CP 2077 thread.

Now I agree. Cyberpunk has all of what you said is good going for it. For sure. Bugs and optimization they can fix, though I imagine for old gen systems it won't be to the degree people expect for the hardware may just not be there. But this can all be fixed. I'm not saying the two games are alike, their initial releases are very similar. We are on what, day 4 of cyberpunk? I'm 4 hours into it like... I'm not comparing the two at their ends, but their beginnings and release. Maybe I should have said that but I didn't expect a 1 sentence response to be latched onto like you have or for it to turn into what it has so my style of attempting to over explain my points in an attempt to prevent misunderstanding or misconceptions of my views sadly didn't kick in.

As for that last paragraph.
    Don't be an ass... I dont wanna escalate this seeing as how unintentional easy it was by throwing some small amount of shade at F76 but it is hard when you are so absolutely dismissive of opposing views. So let's do a 1 for 1 here.

NMS.
    Lies.
    Hello games blatantly lied about what would be in the game.
    CDPR prevented any discussion or pre-review of Cyberpunk on console because they knew what a clusterfuck of unplayability it would be for a large percentage of players.
    Not an outright lie but one of omission and a lie nevertheless.
    An undisputibly fair comparison i think if only me bringing up 1.

F67
    Bugs... bugs... crashes... bugs...downright unplayable for some.
    This is a homerun comparison. These two are very very alike in release when it concerns this.

I'd remind you my initial response to someone other than you was "more like F76" not "Directly comparable to F76" as you've seemingly taken it to be.

You know what you are talking about but by disregard or or just honestly missing what I initially said you've conflated something I've said with something you think I said. To reiterate I'm not talking about the whole package of each game and comparing them. The thread is a somewhat joke thread? Abour cdpr sabotaging itself... I'd assume the context of the discussion and points brought up in this thread would be about its obvious flaws being..... BUGS and unplayability.

So I dont know what else to say. The comparisons are there and are fair. You can compare aspects of things without comparing the whole so.... ya.

Fucking wall of text just to defend a very easy to see comparison and how I thought Cyberpunk release was more reminiscent of F76 than No Man's Sky, not to say they were exactly the same.

16. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Aside from PC should've only made it for PS5 and the new XBOX consoles but nope let's try porting it to a older & weaker console generation without proper testing. :blobpeek:

17. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Game should've been released by next year, they were probably pressured by numerous fans that have been clamoring for it to be released. Half or part of the blame should also go to the Fans for overhyping and setting their expectations too high. Though, I hoped that pips would be understanding when it comes for CP2077 to be released on last-gen but eh. The game was made for next-gen type of shit and it clearly shows.

EDIT: Then again this happened when The Witcher 3 was announced, they just have to be patient with it and patches will be rolling out to stamp out those bugs though I'll miss some of them since they're funny.

18. Shtirliz

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it's not about fans anymore. Current CDPR were sold and now it's public company. Now they are ruled by investors and their opinions. If investors wouldn't like something they could easily fire CDPR headstaff and change CDPR to what they like. In a few years CDPR would become just another company like EA, Ubisoft or Activision.

MrSplashy and Feng Tian like this.
  19. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only run into 2 really big bugs. 1 I know exactly why it happened the auto save, saved the game in a time slot where the game should not have been allowed to save. Aka the autosave happened during a conversation. So reloading to that point glitched the game as it doesn't actually know what to do since it shouldn't happen. The second was one of the revolvers I had not firing whilst I had it scoped all the other guns worked fine that lasted for 15 or so minutes. The second one happened today and the first happened the day before and I've practically not stopped playing the game since I got it. Though pc. Other than that I pulled off some minor no clipping thanks to hacking into things behind walls that I shouldn't have been able to and one clip through a building cause of double jump + fall + getting stuck with massive momentum. The most annoying bug was when having an outfit a netrunner outfit on and getting off a bike the outfit freaked the hell out till I took it off and put it back on again. Still playable just annoying and since bikes > cars super common.

20. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aye, its inevitable once the money mongers control a company. Capitalism in its extreme form poisons everything, and few places show it as well as the gaming industry.